Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 9/14/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm breaking out like a 14 year old boy! Luckily I bought this product from Ulta, so I can get a full refund.

In the store I thought it looked great, but the next couple of days of wearing it, I thought the color looked dull and silly on me. ALSO, it itched my sensitive morning skin.

Then the cystic zits and white heads. I wasn't sure what it was, but I started to get a bad breakout. I continued to use the product, but it started to get worse. Today when I washed my face I saw that my pores were noticeably STUFFED with white gunk. GROSS.

On a funny note, my 16 year old brother, who's skin has just finally cleared up, em-pathetically offered me his leftover acne cream.

on 9/11/2011 1:53:00 AM

I Lovvvvvve this stuff! here's the thing though I don't use it on it's own because the coverage is too light. I use it with clinique superbalanced liquid foundation underneath because I have acne scars and this coverage by itself is WAYYY to light. It's AMAZING for touch ups though because it does have more coverage than a regular powder. It's actually good for your skin too! don't like the packaging though it's a hassle to have the sponge and mirror separate from the product. I also hate how it's so dang expensive 25 dollars! and it's not a load of product and there's never a gwp like at clinique. So sadly too pricy unless another 2 for 1 deal comes at ulta.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

So, I've purchased this twice and will probably buy it again once my pan runs out...I use this in Tan, and it matches well with my skin tone (better than bareMinerals so that's why I repurchased this one). There's a noticeable difference between using the sponge they give vs a powder brush. I think it also performs better with a primer used first- it certainly lasts longer and I don't need to blot my forehead as much when I use a combination of the two.

Update: Haven't used this ever since they changed the formula, but after discovering Lucy Minerals I've decided to buy that instead once I hit pan on the rest of my compact. Their colors match better and give better coverage.

Update: Ohhh more colors! Just bought their lighter tan color and it's perfect! I still switch between this and Lucy minerals. But after trying other disappointing foundations (Korres rose in tan and Terra Firma in 4 different shades/formulations) I will never stray again.

Update: sooo, not sure what happened but the one I got was super hard in the pan and it felt like hardly any product was being picked up by my brush. Ended up tossing it and getting peeved about it so I never bought another since.

on 8/24/2011 8:06:00 PM

It's been about 3 years since I have used Pur Minerals pressed foundation and when Ulta had a buy one get one free sale one it, I rediscovered my love for it. The coverage is much better than BM and is very comparable to a liquid foundation. Sometimes, I'll even use it over a tinted moisturizer just to build more coverage. Great find!!

I love this powder, it's my go to and seriously my HG :)

It goes on smooth and isn't as cakey as BM. It lasts me all day and I never have to do any touch ups :)

on 8/19/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is awesome! I've used Jane Iredale, Everyday Minerals and BM and Pur Minerals is still my fave. I definitely prefer pressed powders, because I hate having to clean up fallout. I have pretty clear skin to begin with, so even without primer, this makes my skin look great super quick. I use the chisel brush when I need more coverage (I don't use it all the time because I found it pretty coarse after washing it) but normally just dust it on with a powder brush. I usually do a quick sweep over the face and it stays sweat proof all day (and that's ever after yoga and I swear, it's been boiling all summer!) I never have to touch up and it stays nearly flawless at the end of the day. I got this BOGO from purminerals.com and picked up light for summer and porcelain for winter. Seriously, the 4-1 and mineral glow and I'm good to go :)

on 8/18/2011 8:54:00 PM

Poor coverage... and colour variety. Just a really poor makeup. This product claims to be a 4 in 1. I disagree.

on 8/17/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you have dry skin don't even bother with this product. This powder caked over my dry areas and looked so obvious.

If you have acne-prone skin be careful with this product. Because Pur Minerals uses Bismuth Oxychloride in their foundation (creates a beautiful finish but is known to be irritating), I spot-tested before applying it to my entire face. Good thing I did because I woke up to three new pimples in that area. This isn't saying much, however, seeing as almost every foundation breaks me out... I'm cursed =/

But if you have the type of skin that can handle anything, I suggest you try this product. It covers well and looks very natural (as long as your skin isn't dry), feels light on your face, and lasts all day.

Message me if you have any questions! =)

This my ALL TIME FAVORITE foundation. The color (Light) looks perfect on my fair skin. It gives a beautiful finish and feels like nothing is there! I'm prone to breakout and this has never caused a problem. I am a total product junkie, but my foundation search is over with this - I'm not even tempted to try something new!! HG product for sure. I'm in love and will never stray.

on 8/14/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

* HG Alert!*
This stuff is wonderful! I recommend it to everyone I know. I've used Jane Iredale, Tarte and BM mineral foundations and Pur Minerals blows them all out of the water. Even without primer, this makes your skin look "finished" in no time. I use the chisel tip brush when I need more coverage (I find the brush coarse and scratchy!) but normally just dust it on with a powder brush, layering a little more if I need it. Sweat proof ( I swear!) and almost flawless at the end of the day, I never touch up. I usually get this BOGO when Ulta has their sale. I pick up blush medium for summer and light for winter/fall. I'm done even trying other things. I'm a lifer now. =)