October 20, 2014 | 1014 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Like a few other reviewers, I bought Wet 'n' Wild's Nutty Color Icon shadow clearanced at Walgreens. I'd seen a lot of great reviews for it here at MUA, but had never picked it up, based on past experience with taupe shades. I'm glad I gave this a try.

As a fair-skinned redhead, it's difficult to find a taupe shade that doesn't disappear on me or make me look washed out, but Nutty is an exception to that rule. It's a warm taupe that looks shimmery (but not too shimmery) and "glowy" on my lids. I pair it with a dark brown liner (usually NYC Waterproof liner in Dark Brown), a couple coats of L'Oreal's Volumious mascara, and I'm good to go.

I took off one lippie because, despite using a primer underneath, this shadow does not last more than 6 hours at the most before creasing and fading. But for the price, I'm almost ashamed to complain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Perfect taupe for everyday. If I'm heading out to dinner after work, my eye makeup only consist of Nutty, Sigma E25 brush, mascara and UB 24/7 Liner in Bourbon.
Lunch date with friends, all you need is Nutty and some Mascara, and there you have it, simple doe eye!
This is a must have Taupe for everyone!
It's a shame that Wet'N'Wild is not available in Australia.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I bought a couple of the singles when they were being clearanced out of Walgreens, I think to make room for new Wet n' Wild products, since they are still stocked at other stores.

This is a lovely taupe shade. It applys smoothly and has a nice texture. It is powdery, which can be expected from such an inexpensive shadow. I frequently use this as a one color wash when I am getting ready for work and don't have much time for an eye look.

I hate the way this is packaged. Mine does not open easily and I usually need to use the end of my comb to pop it open. I suspect this would shatter easily if dropped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Such a beautiful taupe color, it has a slight shimmer and great pigmentation. I got mine at Walgreens for I believe $2, one of the best shadows I have for the price. awesome low end product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This colour is gorgeous and a great dupe for MAC satin taupe. The formula is super smooth and pigmented, however, I don't find myself reaching for this too much. When I do I love it because it is absolutely stunning. Overall, this is great: awesome price and product, but it hasn't hit HG status for me yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started getting into makeup I never would have guesed Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow would become an HG for me. I thought I would at some point only accept Chanel and Guerlain. Well, 8 years later I do not own eyeshadow from either company!
I am just amazed at how such an inexpensive eyeshadow could have such multi-dimensional pigment and look good on such a wide range of people. I can hardly complain about the packaging considering the price and it deosn't matter that much to me, but FYI: it does tend to crumble away easily out of the packaging. If your careful (unlike myself) this shouldn't happen. Without a doubt, I will continue to buy this!
UPDATE*** I just have to add that the other day I couldn't find my beloved eyebrow pencil and had to leave the house in 5 minutes so i grabbed this with a little shadow brush to fill in my brows! I SWEAR my brows looked better that day than they had in a long time! Who knew

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Amazing colour, mild shimmer, great texture... Lovely, and very useful... I've been using it in different looks, eg pinks, greens, etc.. it makes them more polished

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a BEAUTIFUL taupe color. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but its an EXACT DUPE for Nars Ashes to Ashes. I owned the Nars eyeshadow before i bought Nutty and thought, huh, they seem like they would be similar. They're not just similar, they're exactly the same and to be honest, I prefer the Wet n Wild version's texture more. Its softer and creamier and a tad more pigmented. LOVE THIS COLOR and its dirt cheap (1.99 but I got mine 40% off at Rite Aid which came out to be something like a dollar and change). GO GET IT!!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wet n Wild makes some of the best eyeshadow!!! Believe it or not I actually prefer WnW over my Mac eye shadow. I have several palates and singles and nutty is one of my favorite colors!!! It's a goregous cool taupe color that looks beautiful with my fair skin tone. I like using this shade with my walking on eggshells palate. I just use nutty as the crease color in place of the other one. I recommend WnW where ever I go and people can't believe it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I wrote that I wouldn't buy this product again - actually, I have purchased this item 2 times because I wasn't getting the "Satin Taupe-sque" shade that everyone else was raving about. I purchased my first Nutty about a year ago, and while the texture was soft and smooth, the colour showed up as a one dimensional silver on me (NC20 skintone). I wasn't too impressed and tried layering it over various coloured bases to attempt to bring out the taupe, but it was more trouble than it was worth. Some time passed and a few months ago I decided to buy another one to give it another whirl (since they're $2 CAD a pop here) and this time around, the colour was a slightly more warmed toned taupe (ie it wasn't pure silver) and had more multi-dimensional shimmer. When swatched side by side, I can definitely see the difference between the 2 versions of Nutty I bought - I guess the shade can differ by batches in manufacturing! I find this colour (2nd Nutty) to be fairly universally flattering and easy to wear as a one colour lid look, however, the pigmentation is somewhat lacking, and the staying power isn't great. Overall, a good inexpensive drugstore alternative, but not a shade I reach for too often. The packaging is quite compact and no frills which I appreciate.