April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Limey1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My usual haircolor, Natural Instincts, wasn't on shelves so decided to try this one. I just HATE it, it came out MANY shades darker than I wanted (looked exactly the same color as on my NI box. Not only that, the condition is awful, it feels like a heavy duty permanent color. Yes, it covered grays but I much prefer NI as it blends grays in, but leaves hair shiny and healthy. It's taken me a long time to get hair healthy again, using the great Body Shop Rainforest Radiance shampoo and conditioner.......and now I'm back to square one. Washing my hair every day (which I don't normally do) just to try and get this awful color and sticky residue feeling out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cheesecakeagain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used nearly every level 2 and level 3 drugstore hair color. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this color, I think there are better ones out there. My major complaints about this product are it is much drippier than other hair colors I have used (making it more difficult and messy to apply) and the scent of the condition is very heavily floral scented. I am just not impressed by this hair color and think there are better ones available.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lomon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My usual hair color was recalled and I tried 6RR Light Auburn. I liked the creaminess of the color......hated the old-style plastic gloves. Didn't think the companies were putting them in any more. Yes, it covered grays but, and this is a BIG but, it came out so dark - a real dark red with plum overtones! I took my old box to drug store and 6RR looked exactly the same color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Margaret1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hair color. I love how it makes my hair feel so silky and look so healthy. I used darkest brown and it is almost black. Some people might find it too dark, but I like it. It covered my greys perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by cb1022

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color did not give my hair a brassy or copper hue. It did come out much darker than the box. I used light brown. BUT after a few washes the color was really nice.

I like this much more than natural instincts, which gave me the dreaded brassy hue and the color was not as nice.

Healthy Look did not damage my hair, and I got a few compliments about how shiny it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

Since I'm young, I only use temporary hair colors. This is by far the best I've used! I use one of the red ones, I forgot the color though :( its the reddest red though and my hair is naturally dark brown so the results are amazing! Indoors it looks dark and sexy ans outside a glorious red! I get thousands of compliments. It gives my hair amazing shine too and it smells awesome too. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

I used this in 6, Light Brown. Absolutely the ONLY dye that I have ever used (and trust me, I've been through pretty much all of them) that didn't pull red or leave some awful brassy cast to my color! It definitely came out darker than the box said it would, but that's to be expected with any brown shade, and it's still a nice true brown- exactly what I was looking for since I dyed my hair last month (Nice N Easy Light Neutral Brown) and it pulled red leaving my hair looking coppery. I didn't experience any damage or dryness with this dye, my hair is soft and shiny. The only thing I don't like about using this color is the conditioner- it stinks, I find the smells lingers in my hair days after using it even if I shampoo and use a different conditioner. All in all, I love this dye, and I'll be sticking with it for as long as I color my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by anela07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The first temporary dye I used on my hair was Garnier Herbashine (in #400 dark brown), and although I loved the result I thought I would try L'Oreal Paris' Healthy Look Creme Gloss in Darkest Brown (3).
I find that in comparison, this dye dried out my hair and definitely did not give it any shine - it looked flat compared to my Herbashine results and my natural highlights didn't show through. The colour seemed to wash out really fast in comparison, and my hair was almost back to normal after a week and a half.
Although this dye doesn't seem to have the mild reddish undertones like Herbashine's dark brown (which I at first thought was a good thing) I soon realized that the trade-off is that the L'Oreal colour gives my hair absolutely no dimensionality or shine. My hair is naturally fine and soft, and this dye definitely didn't keep it soft like Herbashine did.
Another thing I didn't like was the conditioner - I found the smell offensive in comparison to Herbashine's conditioner, so much so that I threw it out after two applications. I don't think that the royal jelly does anything at all, as Herbashine's made my hair much softer.
I definitely recommend Herbashine over the L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss and will not be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised at the bad reviews this product is getting. I love this, it''s one of the only things that stays constant in my hair routine. I have naturally very dark brown hair, but it has a fairly strong natural reddish tone to it. I use the color Espresso/Darkest Brown, and it takes the redness out of my hair and makes it a touch darker. It also adds a ton of shine and volume to my fine hair. I also like that it's semi-permanent so the re-growth isn't too harsh and it keeps my hair healthy since I'm growing it out. I really like this product, and it's my favorite drugstore hair color.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

Didn't have a very good experience with this product. Color was okay but it didn't give my hair the gloss look it promises.