October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cheercheer21

I have bought this product numerous times in the darkest brown(3) and I have had the best of luck with it. It makes my hair look very shiny and feel so soft but most importantly the color is very intense which is great! I love this product and will definitely continue to use it. My hair looks healthy and rich and even though it turns out a little bit darker than the box says, it still looks amazing. I constantly receive compliments on my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used 5A - medium ash brown - to cover up the mess that was my ugly, faded, uneven salon red brown hair. I initially looked for the Natural Instincts version but the 2 boxes at Walmart had been tampered with (one tube had burst) so I decided to try Healthy Look.

Mixing was simple enough. The scent reminds me faintly of cat pee though. Gross. I don't like that it has to be applied on dry hair. I had to get my mom to do it for me and while she used 2 boxes, she still didn't get it everywhere so I have a few lighter pieces underneath. Obviously not the products fault. LOL

Rinsing was the usual, add water and lather and rinse until water runs clear. I had to use the entire tube of conditioner because my hair was a knotty mess. Tried to get the knots out in the shower to no avail. Combing it out after was difficult too and I had a lot of breakage (previous bleach job to blame, I'm sure). My hair felt very sticky so the comb wouldn't go through nicely and once I did get it through it got knotty immediately. Ridiculous!!

After drying it was hard to brush through again. I put my hair in hot rollers as I had a wedding to attend. My hair looks matte, not shiny but I sort of like it (for now). I'm hoping once the "residue" washes out it will be more shiny.

While I like the colour, it is WAY darker than the picture. But, we know that we can't go by the picture on any box of colour, right? However it looks more like a level 3A to me than a 5A. I knew this would happen going in though which is why I chose the medium shade. Plus I wanted the ash to cover my red/gold issues.

I won't be using this colour again because I find Natural Instincts 1) much easier to use since you apply it on wet hair, 2) a richer, chocolate-yer shade, and 3) leaves my hair in much better, shinier condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by masarra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is medium brown , I want to change my chade to a lighter ... I used the G4 which is supposed to to a golden brown .. and the big surprise is to see my hair becoming darker !!!! my medium brown is now a very dark brown .. it doesn't cover the white hair I have .. I don't have a lot ..

my dry hair is dryer ! completely despointed !!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Uni

Decided to give it a try, since it's Amonia-free. Did not love it. Color came out dark, but this is expected from demi permanent dyes. Very messy application; it bleeds a lot, and did not last long either. Great conditioner, though. Herbashine from Garnier is still my favorite; leaves hair shinier.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AmandaBMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We don't have this product yet in the UK and I bought it from a drugstore in NY. I have a few grey hairs that I like to cover and I like to add a sheen to my hair and use a colour that is semi-perm. My hair is dark brown and I previously had a version of "glossing" done at a hairdresser in the UK and it was sooooooooo expensive for something that is lovely but lasts a few weeks. So I jumped at the chance when I saw this for just under $10. I bought Espresso.
Positives:
Shade- a great very dark neutral brown (almost black)
Coverage of those annoying greys- perfect- great coverage
Lasting- definitely lasted more than a few weeks
Negatives:
Really not that glossy
Left hair initially in a drier "coated" condition- it has taken a lot to get that shine back- Lots of Phyto Citrus- shampoo and masque
Conditioner- terrible- trash can

I had used Natural Instincts on a previous trip to the US- I am afraid I am a drugstore haul-er, I love trying new things. This was amazing but the brown had a definite reddish tone. So this colour is better- it is dark and the texture it leaves your hair in is going to need work to get it back into condition. HMMMMMMMMM now back in the UK- returning to the hairdresser in a few weeks for the pro glossing treat- that actually leaves hair in amazing condition with a glass like sheen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Limey1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My usual haircolor, Natural Instincts, wasn't on shelves so decided to try this one. I just HATE it, it came out MANY shades darker than I wanted (looked exactly the same color as on my NI box. Not only that, the condition is awful, it feels like a heavy duty permanent color. Yes, it covered grays but I much prefer NI as it blends grays in, but leaves hair shiny and healthy. It's taken me a long time to get hair healthy again, using the great Body Shop Rainforest Radiance shampoo and conditioner.......and now I'm back to square one. Washing my hair every day (which I don't normally do) just to try and get this awful color and sticky residue feeling out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cheesecakeagain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used nearly every level 2 and level 3 drugstore hair color. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this color, I think there are better ones out there. My major complaints about this product are it is much drippier than other hair colors I have used (making it more difficult and messy to apply) and the scent of the condition is very heavily floral scented. I am just not impressed by this hair color and think there are better ones available.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lomon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My usual hair color was recalled and I tried 6RR Light Auburn. I liked the creaminess of the color......hated the old-style plastic gloves. Didn't think the companies were putting them in any more. Yes, it covered grays but, and this is a BIG but, it came out so dark - a real dark red with plum overtones! I took my old box to drug store and 6RR looked exactly the same color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Margaret1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hair color. I love how it makes my hair feel so silky and look so healthy. I used darkest brown and it is almost black. Some people might find it too dark, but I like it. It covered my greys perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by cb1022

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color did not give my hair a brassy or copper hue. It did come out much darker than the box. I used light brown. BUT after a few washes the color was really nice.

I like this much more than natural instincts, which gave me the dreaded brassy hue and the color was not as nice.

Healthy Look did not damage my hair, and I got a few compliments about how shiny it was.