July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by msbetsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this polish in Commander in Chic, and I love the color. It takes 3 thin coats for coverage. I love the brush most of all. I like how it is slightly tapered at the end, because that makes it easier to apply without getting any on my cuticles. The width allows me to apply it to my pinkie fingernail in one stroke.

I knocked one off because for me, it did chip on day two of wear, but I have chipping issues with every nail polish ever made, and this one wore better for me than many others including OPI. I will definitely be buying more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Saskie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this in `Pedal to the Metal` and wow, I`m impressed. Great colour after 2 coats, dries quickly and the brush...perfect. Finally, someone got the brush right. This is my new go-to mani product and at $6.97 CND a bottle, I can get a couple.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by NDrewMystery

I had mixed experience with this polish. Commander in Chic worked out very well for me. It applied easily and stayed on without chipping for more than a week. And, of course, the color is amazing. However, I've tried two other shades since then, and the results have been less than amazing. The formula was runny, and it took a few coats to make the color opaque. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was tempted by this polish bc of the promises that it won't chip! My nails ALWAYS chip the next day after I paint them, so I couldn't wait to try!

I finally found it on sale for $5 at Walgreens (plus the store had $1 off coupons) so gave it a try. The first color I tried was "Shell we dance" - looking for a nice pale pink color to wear on my nails like OPI Pinking of you. I had to use 3 coats to get even close to the color in the bottle. Well the color was not great, it was more like white - But it did last at least a week! No chips! Yeah! So 5 stars for the non-chip and 3 stars for the color.

I also picked up "I Pink I Can". The color is a lot brighter than I expected (better for toes for me). But again, it's on my nails and has not chipped at all. This is alike a miracle for me - usually after 3-4 days I have chips on every single nail. Again 5 stars for the non-chip.

I got the clear and I'm going to try it atop one of my other colors and see if it has the same staying power. Considering the price I paid for these, I'm really happy!

**updating to add info on the clear - I've used it 3 times as the top/bottom coat with different brands and it still lasts a whole week! Right now I have a red color and see NO CHIPS! Yeah! I'm so excited that I finally found something to make my nails last so long. Plus I saw they introduced new colors for the Summer! Upgrading my review to 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i tried Peachy Keen after reading a review in a mag- it's a nice natural shade, and wears well. the brush is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first nail polish review. I've never been impressed enough before to review a polish. I got Commander in Chic a week ago and put it on and still have NO chipping and minimal edge wear a full week later. I used 3 fairly thin coats. 2 coats might have worked, but I was new to using this kind of brush so it went on pretty thinly. The bottle says you don't need a base coat or top coat and I did not use one. Like I said, I did only 3 thin coats. Period. So, I feel I gave this polish a fair test on its own terms and it most certainly lived up to its claims!

The brush is wider than a regular polish brush and angled at the edges. This allows you to get right up to the cuticle very neatly, and in the corners and edges of the nail with very little need to clean up. I'm not the steadiest hand at polish and even I only had to use an orange stick once to clean up an edge. It takes a wee bit of practice to get used to the brush, but once you get the hang of it, you'll feel like you don't ever want to go back to a regular polish brush. There is a rubber ring around the bottle top to help with grip while you are using it. This doesn't seem like much, but it really makes a difference once you try it.

The colour I tried is beyond gorgeous, but I'm going to review that separately. Of the colours in this formulation that I saw at my local shops, there seems to be a good range of colours for all seasons and tastes. I didn't notice any particularly wild or neon bright colours, so perhaps the line may be lacking in that choice of "special" colours -- or maybe my store just didn't carry them. However, that is no detractor to me and I would recommend this polish to anyone looking for a good, long-lasting, easy-to-use polish for everyday wear. It is a little pricier than most drug-store polish ($8 CDN), but cheaper than and performs better than the HE polish brands my manicurist uses.

Not only would I buy again, I'm planning my new polish wardrobe to be primarily Sally Hansen Complete. It has lasted so well, and I get such good results that I feel confident enough go a little longer between professional manicures.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I got this in Choco Latte 21. It's a pinkish nude colour that looks great on my medium skin. It DOES help grow my nails faster and 2 coats gives perfect pigmentation. As for the long lasting, I don't agree. The ends chip away after a couple days. Will buy this in Cafe au Lait 17 or Naked Ambition 15 cuz I'm tech not supposed to wear polish at work. For other occasions, I like the shades Pat on the Black 81, Purple Pulse 55&Black Platinum 35

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by greenpurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not have good luck with this product. The brush was difficult to use and would hold too much polish or not enough polish. It went on very sloppy. It took forever to dry and remained tacky enough that you couldn't avoid messing it up. It would chip within two days. It became thick and goopy after only a couple of months of use. It's very difficult to get the polish on your brush once the bottle if half used. I've lost out on using the last third as it has become too goopy. It was the most time consuming polish I've ever used and was the most difficult to get a neat result. It's too expensive for the quality. Pay a couple dollars more and get the better brands. The only good thing I can say about it was the color (Pat on the Black) was pretty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by iLoveaMarine

I have bought several colors in this polish. I have to say, I love it. I'm pretty rough with my nails, even tips seem to break on me :/ BUT this polish seems to the last the longest on me. and that i can get it at target is even better LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Dear OPI - we are getting divorced as I have found a new love that outperforms you w/ less nasty chemicals and for slightly less $$!

I have only used OPI polishes for the past several years (over Orly basecoat and Posche topcoat) = only polish I have found that lasts more than 3 days on me! As a mom to a kindergartner, I value my time and no longer have the patience to do multiple self manicures every few days. in 2009, I got so OCD about my manis, I not only used gloves for washing dishes, but got so bad I was wearing gloves to wash my face, hair, etc - crazy I know. So, I took 2010 off from wearing anything on my nails to reset my brain.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled on this brand at Target and was in desperate need of some retail therapy that was also reflective of the current economy (read I couldn't spend much $). I purchased the Zin color w/out having read any reviews.

That mani lasted 7 days AND I spent 30 in in a pool AND I only used gloves to wash dishes! I have since purchased the red (the tru red, not the pinky red) + the black. The red mani lasted 6 days! Most impressive ESPECIALLY since I didn't use a base OR top coat!

CONS: I need 2.5 almost 3 coats to get the color of the polish as it appears in the bottle - I am used to just 2 coats w/ OPI. Also, I'm not thrilled w/ the color selection. Yes, there are like 42, but not many as far as classic colors (dark brown anyone)? I am used to the universe of tons of OPI colors that are more versatile - my issue, tho. These 2 thoughts are not enuf for me to deduct a lippie because I am SOOOO thrilled w/ the longevity of this polish lasting on my nails.

I have tried China Glaze, Sinful and other d/s lines including other SH polishes, Revlon, L'Oreal to name a few = none last more than a day or 2 - ergo, thought I was limited to OPI.

Bye Bye OPI - hello SH!!!!