October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Petal to the Metal and Yellow Kitty and I absolutely LOVE them! The price is a but much but sooo worth it! I love the brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by msbojangles888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush and formula. The price point is bit much for a drugstore brand, but getting them on sale is a good thing. Creamy formulation, and they do creme finishes well. The staying power is great on these. Finish is glossy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by funkyniblets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is great for self-manicure newbies, like myself. I own three colors at the moment and will definitely purchase more. The brush is a little large, but I'm not very precise anyway, so that's not a big problem for me. My favorite quality is the long wear! I can only do my nails once a week, and this stuff lasts 5-7 days on me without chipping. At 4-5 days, I get some minor tip-wear. I usually do 2-3 coats. I don't use a base or top coat - there's really no need. My only gripe is the color selection; I wish there were more to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by msbetsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this polish in Commander in Chic, and I love the color. It takes 3 thin coats for coverage. I love the brush most of all. I like how it is slightly tapered at the end, because that makes it easier to apply without getting any on my cuticles. The width allows me to apply it to my pinkie fingernail in one stroke.

I knocked one off because for me, it did chip on day two of wear, but I have chipping issues with every nail polish ever made, and this one wore better for me than many others including OPI. I will definitely be buying more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Saskie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this in `Pedal to the Metal` and wow, I`m impressed. Great colour after 2 coats, dries quickly and the brush...perfect. Finally, someone got the brush right. This is my new go-to mani product and at $6.97 CND a bottle, I can get a couple.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by NDrewMystery

I had mixed experience with this polish. Commander in Chic worked out very well for me. It applied easily and stayed on without chipping for more than a week. And, of course, the color is amazing. However, I've tried two other shades since then, and the results have been less than amazing. The formula was runny, and it took a few coats to make the color opaque. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was tempted by this polish bc of the promises that it won't chip! My nails ALWAYS chip the next day after I paint them, so I couldn't wait to try!

I finally found it on sale for $5 at Walgreens (plus the store had $1 off coupons) so gave it a try. The first color I tried was "Shell we dance" - looking for a nice pale pink color to wear on my nails like OPI Pinking of you. I had to use 3 coats to get even close to the color in the bottle. Well the color was not great, it was more like white - But it did last at least a week! No chips! Yeah! So 5 stars for the non-chip and 3 stars for the color.

I also picked up "I Pink I Can". The color is a lot brighter than I expected (better for toes for me). But again, it's on my nails and has not chipped at all. This is alike a miracle for me - usually after 3-4 days I have chips on every single nail. Again 5 stars for the non-chip.

I got the clear and I'm going to try it atop one of my other colors and see if it has the same staying power. Considering the price I paid for these, I'm really happy!

**updating to add info on the clear - I've used it 3 times as the top/bottom coat with different brands and it still lasts a whole week! Right now I have a red color and see NO CHIPS! Yeah! I'm so excited that I finally found something to make my nails last so long. Plus I saw they introduced new colors for the Summer! Upgrading my review to 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i tried Peachy Keen after reading a review in a mag- it's a nice natural shade, and wears well. the brush is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first nail polish review. I've never been impressed enough before to review a polish. I got Commander in Chic a week ago and put it on and still have NO chipping and minimal edge wear a full week later. I used 3 fairly thin coats. 2 coats might have worked, but I was new to using this kind of brush so it went on pretty thinly. The bottle says you don't need a base coat or top coat and I did not use one. Like I said, I did only 3 thin coats. Period. So, I feel I gave this polish a fair test on its own terms and it most certainly lived up to its claims!

The brush is wider than a regular polish brush and angled at the edges. This allows you to get right up to the cuticle very neatly, and in the corners and edges of the nail with very little need to clean up. I'm not the steadiest hand at polish and even I only had to use an orange stick once to clean up an edge. It takes a wee bit of practice to get used to the brush, but once you get the hang of it, you'll feel like you don't ever want to go back to a regular polish brush. There is a rubber ring around the bottle top to help with grip while you are using it. This doesn't seem like much, but it really makes a difference once you try it.

The colour I tried is beyond gorgeous, but I'm going to review that separately. Of the colours in this formulation that I saw at my local shops, there seems to be a good range of colours for all seasons and tastes. I didn't notice any particularly wild or neon bright colours, so perhaps the line may be lacking in that choice of "special" colours -- or maybe my store just didn't carry them. However, that is no detractor to me and I would recommend this polish to anyone looking for a good, long-lasting, easy-to-use polish for everyday wear. It is a little pricier than most drug-store polish ($8 CDN), but cheaper than and performs better than the HE polish brands my manicurist uses.

Not only would I buy again, I'm planning my new polish wardrobe to be primarily Sally Hansen Complete. It has lasted so well, and I get such good results that I feel confident enough go a little longer between professional manicures.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I got this in Choco Latte 21. It's a pinkish nude colour that looks great on my medium skin. It DOES help grow my nails faster and 2 coats gives perfect pigmentation. As for the long lasting, I don't agree. The ends chip away after a couple days. Will buy this in Cafe au Lait 17 or Naked Ambition 15 cuz I'm tech not supposed to wear polish at work. For other occasions, I like the shades Pat on the Black 81, Purple Pulse 55&Black Platinum 35