April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

Being bored and making a trip to Rite Aid is not always a good one.
Wanting to get into the whole natural nutural nail I wanted something with some sparkle so I bought Naked Ambition. The soft pink with tiny sparkles in it looked great against my hand at the store (NC25) I got home and was soo disappointed. It took like 4 coats to show up. No matter how it was applied the liquidy/clear consistancy would come out uneven. For around 8 bucks on sale i think i might as well have just bought some OPI. soo dragged down by this. I will probably be giving this away to my nieces to play with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by swoopingbuzzards

I bought Black Platinum.

The brush is quite thick/wide making it easy to apply.

I find it's better if I put a coat of clear nail hardener/or base coat, a thin coat of plain black and then put Black Platinum on top (instead of 3 coats of Black Platinum).

Love the colour! The polish is really shiny too!
Will buy again :D

*** I didn't like this product at first, just the colour,
but since then I have completely changed my mind.
I love it! ***

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TaniaDeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the thick brush for easy application, but it's also annoying because the polish coats and drips down the stick part so it's hard to control how much you have on the brush at a time.

I have this in Peachy Keen and had to apply 4 coats for it not to look streaky. However, the shine is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by semor211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AWESOME nail polish. Great brush, smooth application, very nice staying power. I now have 4 different shades and I am NOT really a nail polish kind of girl. This may be upping the frequency of my at-home mani/pedis!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly a great line of nail polish. In my opinion, even OPI cannot live up to the staying power of Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish. I am giving it overall five stars, but there are some cons.... I'll run them down here:

Pros:
- The longest lasting nail polish I've ever used!
- The wide, shaped brush makes application super easy.
- Dries somewhat faster than most other nail polishes I've tried.

Cons:
- Depending on the color you choose, it's not very pigmented. You really do need two coats.
- The finish is not too shiny, you should use a top coat with it.
- It's on the more expensive side.

There you go! If you have a problem with chipping within a couple of days, go out and try this! You'll be amazed. I'm wearing it at this very moment (In the color "nude now.")!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will review as All-in-one as the name says. Without a base coat, I get staining after a week's wear of any of the dark colours. Without a top coat, polish chips after three days. I love the wide brush as I can do the three strokes that prof do at salons. Thick formula so one layer is enough with the colours I own (Commander in Chic, Plums the Word, Calypso Blue, Shell We Dance, Gray by Gray, Cafe Au Lait). Wish they would come out with more colours (one lippie off) since I don't want to buy OPI which contain phtalates and toluene.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by blondgirlie99

This is hands down my favorite nail polish! I have it in Plum Luck (dark purple) & Frutti Petutie (bright pinky coral). This stuff DOES NOT CHIP! No need to put on base or top coat - they're built in! I usually get about 5-6 days of wear before I even start to see the tiniest chip...amazing...even my salon manicures don't do that! love love love this stuff and am looking forward to buying it in many more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by delirious

I don't like how the brushes are a bit big. It makes it harder to apply nail polish but I love the colors that are available. Very vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have several Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure polishes. My absolute favorite, everyday color is So Much Fawn. It's neutral all year round. And cheery in the late winter. It's my favorite general purpose clor. I always add a clear coat to it. I recently bought an inexpensice L'Oreal lipstick to wear with it in winter - I use L'Oreal 421 BUT THER ARE SEVERAL OTHER DRUGSTORE COLOR OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Shell We Dance? is now a staple in my drawer of polishes. I do use it over a base coat (the Gold SH one) and top it with Essie's Good to Go, so I don't have the drying issues mentioned by other reviewers. Worth the money esp if you get it on sale.