Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the ones i had were all the same.. thick, goopy, and a total PITA to dry even with Seche Vite on top... waste of money.. if i didn't buy them on clearance, i would be really angry...

on 9/9/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the brush, once I got the hang of it--at first, it picked up too much polish, and my nails never really got dry. You have to really be sure you wipe the brush on the lip of the bottle. But, once I figured it out, it's fast and easy to use. Finish is very glossy, very good lasting power, and I like the idea of the base and top coat being included. I did have problems with darker colors staining my nails, but that happened when I wore a separate base coat, too. I suspect the staining happens not from wearing polish, but from dissolving it with the remover when you take it off, and I don't see any way to prevent that from happening. EDIT: Downgrading this from a 5 to a 2. No matter how early in the day I apply my polish, no matter how thinly I apply, no matter how careful I am, I *always* end up with sheet marks. So I will never buy again, because this stuff never really dries.

on 9/9/2011 8:55:00 AM

Loving these nail polishes. One of the best if not the best I've used. I have it in So Much Fawn which is my fave colour ever. I also have it in Kook a Mango which is a nice bright red. The polish applies very evenly and the brush makes it so easy.

I use this on its own (without base or top coat) and it is usually nice and shiny the first day or two which then fades a bit. It chips after 3 days like most polishes but still does pretty well in my books.

on 8/11/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The Complete Salon Manicure polishes from Sally Hansen are by far the best drugstore polishes available. For $6 they are also the best value.

I have no complaints when it comes to the packaging. The glass bottle is attractive and unique. The rubber ring, at the base of the brush, is great for helping to open the bottle and hold the brush while applying. The brush itself is flat and rounded a bit. It's my overall favorite brush of any brand. It holds a lot of product, so be sure to wipe off the extras before you apply, but it's easy to use and takes some time off of the process.

The color selection is pretty good. I own three colors from this line now, and they are all very unique. I plan on buying a couple more. The formula is almost perfect. It has a great consistency. Not too watery or messy and it dries quickly. It's also DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free (Big plus!). The only problem with the formula is that it differs from polish to polish. Nothing big, but Commander in Chic was slightly streaky, Gray by Gray dried faster than the other two and had absolutely no shine to it, and Plum's the Word was perfect. So it's a little hit and miss, but all were obviously high quality and after 2 coats and a good top coat looked great.

The polish lasts for 5-7 days without chips. Only slight wear to the tips. I have read form other reviews that the polish chips in a coupe days without a good top coat, so a top coat is a must.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in So Much Fawn and I really like the color. It has a great brush (the same as the insta-dri), I do not know if it is really worth the price though. It is a good polish, but when compared to others around this price, like Essie, it is definitely not as good.

on 7/20/2011 11:38:00 PM

Some colors in this collection apply better than others. I recently purchased barracuda, which is this pretty light blue shade. I absolutely love the color.. but overall, this polish isn't that great. The most recent shade I bought applies in a very streaky manner, and it's hard to layer. I really don't enjoy the brush that much either. I wore this and within 2 or 3 days it was chipping and just looked terrible, it started to peel off in chunks... The packaging is fine.. The only reason I would repurchase is if they had a color I couldn't find elsewhere..otherwise I'd pass..

on 7/19/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this polish. The wide brush makes application super easy, even for me. I now have this in five colors (I think), and have worn three of them (note that none of these are pale or sheer). I apply two or three coats (depending on color) over Nail Life Gripper base coat (from Sally--amazing stuff), with a coat of OPI top coat over. I put an additional coat of the top on every other day and can easily get a good week and a half out of these colors. Amazing, right?
Colors I really like: Pedal to the Metal (silver metallic--looks awesome on tanned toes), Right Said Red (lacquer red--good on short-ish, square nails), Raisin the Bar (frosty lavender-mauve--this is going on my nails next), So Much Fawn (pretty neutral peachy-beige, and a little boring but good for office wear), and Plum's the Word (grayish-lavender--can't wait to wear this one).
I have worn tons of brands and colors of nail polish over the years and I do love these. Seriously, take time to apply these with base and top and you should get great wear.

on 7/16/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Bought "So Much Fawn" and applied this product around 4pm. Looked at my nails around 8.30pm and most of the nail polish was gone! A 'complete salon manicure'? I don't think so! Will not be buying this again.

I bought this in "I Pink I Can" and tried it right away. The brush impressed me. It's wide and thick and collects a lot of product. The only problem was the Color went on very streaky. It did dry very fast and felt really smooth. I think I'm going to try this polish in a darker colour to avoid streaks.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These polishes have an amazing brush, but for the formula I think they're a bit overpriced. There are a lot of pretty LE shades that come out, but the supply never meets the demand (which is another reason I can't give it more lippies.) If you wear the same polish day in and day out or need some nice go-to shades then this range is good.