September 2, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this lipstick for $8.99 because of all of the rave it got. This is really expensive for a drugstore lipstick and if you shell out $5 more, you can purchase a MAC lipstick. This lipstick is flavorless and scentless for those who don't like strong smells. However I apply this lipstick (with a lip balm or without), it looks a little dry and flaky. This lipstick also lasts relatively less long than other lipsticks I have tried. (For me, this lasts for about 1 and a half hours. Usually lipsticks last around 2 hours on my lips) This color is a neutral light orangey peach based nude color. This color would be better if it didn't have that slight orangey undertone to it too. I don't recommend this to anyone who can afford a MAC lipstick or expect these to wear really nicely. But if you find this on sale or clearance, this could be a pretty good buy for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first and only Nude Lipstick. I really like it. I've always turned away from wearing a Nude lipstick because I thought it would look weird on me, but I'm so glad I picked this up. This lasts long, and it's the perfect nude shade without looking ashy. Affordable too! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jess2160

I picked up Revlon Soft Nude and Mac Viva Glam Gaga 2 today. Mac Viva Glam Gaga 2 is a bit darker in color as compared to Revlon Soft Nude (more sheer) and both are buildable and also wearable nude color IMO. I love the formula of Revlon Soft Nude as its very moisturizing and not drying my lips. But its a bit pricey though considering its a drugstore lipstick. Anyway, I really like the color and would re-purchase it. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by rynaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the hunt for a good holy grail lipstick, and sadly this is not one of them. After trying Revlon's Super Lustrous "Just Enough Buff", I didn't like how sheer it was and read some reviews on how Revlon "Soft Nude" was a holy grail of an asian woman with a similar skintone as me, NC 25-30ish.

Packaging: Package design looks cute, but I'd honestly rather pay a cheaper price for a lipstick and get a mediocre looking package (like super lustrous tubes).

Color/Formula: The color is ok, it's a nice peachy pink lipstick. Since it has some pink undertones, it seems better suited for people who have pink undertones skin. I also like how it isn't matte and how it doesn't have those glitter shimmers on it. It's creamy, some may say "waxy". And it does not glide as smoothly well as other high end lipsticks, but I consider it still tolerable to deal with. If lips are super dry, it may accentuate the dry flakes on the lips. I didn't find this lipstick to be too drying on my lips. I always try to wear some clear chapstick underneath prior to putting the lipstick over my lips. For a drugstore lipstick, it lasts ok. I found it to last about 1-2 hours, and usually after eating and drinking, I would have to reapply.

The deal breaker for me on deciding not to buy this lipstick again is the smell. When I first purchased the lipstick and the first month or two, I did not notice any smell at all. But it seems like as the lipstick gets older, the smell of it became more apparent. It's an annoying waxy odor. I also noticed the smell from the Revlon "Soft Rose" color in the Colorburst line. The super lustrous line doesn't have a smell, and i purchased all these l/s around the same time. I figure that there are plenty of nude lipsticks to try out there, and won't have an annoying scent like this one so I am not buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by veggiegirl11

I saw such wonderful reviews for this... I can see why so many people like it, but I really hated it on me.

It goes on very smoothly, and has a nice consistency and isn't drying. It's a seemingly neutral nude shade with no shimmer, but a satiny finish. My problem with this is that it turns into a horrible, weird orangy-nude color on my lips. I have fair skin and very pigmented lips, just for reference. This was just awful on me. I think this is would look amazing on someone with a darker skin tone though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by xmelaniexd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfect nude color!! However the color fades soon after putting it on. The actual lipstick itself melts in the tube, and my lipstick broke out of tube after second use. I have never had that happen before.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SpartangrL7911

I know nude lips are a fad and this looks ok with gloss over it. I'm pretty fair and nude lips are definitely not my best look. I bought this after seeing a youtube video of "how to" nude lips.
    I have to admit the plastic "soft nude" actually matches the lip color.
    The packaging is classy and easy to use twist tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Lovinmunchies

Initially I was really impressed by the reviews. Many people were raving a lot about it, and how great the consistency was. I bought and stored not long after, there were scratches on the edge of the lipstick. There were lines and the lipstick started to melt a little. Having some hope, I placed it in the fridge. Used it, and it BROKE!! This freaking lipstick broke on me and I will never EVER buy any lipstick from this range. A total disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why oh why did i even buy this product..on the tube its a beautiful peachy nude on my lips its a matte bright pink and it looks terrible on me. It glides on the lips very nicely but i dont like the finish or the color it gave my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not really a lipstick girl and this is my first nude shade so maybe I'm not the best person to review soft nude!

However...I'm really loving this lipstick. A lot. I'm very fair with slight yellow undertones and rosy red (rosacea) cheeks. I don't know why but somehow this lipstick looks good on me! I think that it might be because it has pink/orange undertones. There's no ruddiness or brown in the slightest.

I love the texture. Very creamy and soft. It dried my lips out a little bit, but not that badly. I'm used to wearing just lip balm all the time so that's probably why ;)

It doesn't last long though and as it fades my lips get dry/creased/cakey....so thats why it gets a 3. I'm OK with lipsticks not lasting as long as they fade nicely.

No sparkles but it's not matte either which to me, is essential for a good nude. It's sophisticated, simple and understated.