August 28, 2014 | 1675 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jkovar

I've been using this product on the regular for about a year now. The tube runs out and I run to the store for another. So many people are complaining about the pump squirting out too much product.. Here's my suggestion: FIGURE IT OUT. Don't push the entire way down, push/tap gently.. it's not that hard. Once you have that down you'll only be using what you need and that will bring you the results you're hoping for. Not only do I use this for its intentional purpose (eyelid/under-eye primer) but it's the perfect blemish concealer. Maybe I'm just lucky that the tint of this product matches my exact skin tone, but it covers any imperfections flawlessly without a thick caky finish that I sometimes see with Mac concealers. It's so light on my skin and blends right in covering imperfections while looking natural. PLUS it doesn't break me out. ummm love?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Regy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wish I could select 'hell no' in the 'Would you buy this product again?' box.Not only isn't it anything special, but it also leaves an oily residue,once you've had it on for a couple of hours, even when well powdered.I've never before come across a primer that needs to be primed before put on.Also the tube-packaging of the product gets all messy and after a few uses it gets stuck.It was an absolute waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by GreenGables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent primer but t can't touch Urban Decay Primer Potion. It keeps shadow in place a lot longer than without primer but it's just kind of a ho hum product. I wouldn't discourage someone from purchasing it but I would recommend others first.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by gaiLyghia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

- Its good to use under the eyes before setting a concealer

- The water/liquid seperates from the primer itself even though I use it everyday, which makes the product hard to use

- I don't like the pump of the bottle because it doesnt give an accurate amount that I need which makes the pump looks dirty everytime!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was such a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting much, but I liked the free deluxe sample that I received, although I think urban decay primer potion still reigns supreme in my book.

Pros: Sets quickly. I like the sponge tip applicator much better than my squeeze tube of Shadow Insurance. Keeps eyeshadow in place really well, and doesn't let it crease. Has a slight brightening effect on my tan skin.

Cons: Smells extremely chemical. Darker skinned people may not like the color. Since it contains color, it can crease if you apply it too thick. I've heard the full size comes with a pump that over dispenses product. It is on the expensive side for compared to other h/e primers.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after trying Urban Decay's eye primer potion (the original), which IMO has amazing staying power and really "pops" your eyeshadow color. So every primer I try will be compared against UD.

LIKES
- Doubles as under-eye concealer & eye primer
- small, normal cylindrical size of container
- matte color & feel, no shines or sparkles added

DISLIKES
- pump product to use - I always pump out too much & end up wasting the product
- if I don't use this regularly, I find I have to make sure I shake the container well before I pump. Somehow, the product's water/liquid separates so on my first pump, a lot of water-like liquid comes out instead of the actual primer.
- if you don't wipe after every use, the container+cap gets really messy.

Staying Power: average
My Price: $26/unit, + 20% off Sephora discount sale
Buy again? probably not...still hunting for others

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by GypsyRose23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A salesperson handed me a very small sample of this product while I was shopping in Macy's last week. I finally tried it out today. I didn't like it much at first because it seemed hard to blend. I think it was because the sample came on a card in a peel-away plastic sleeve (that's why package quality only got a 1). The product had separated somewhat into part oil and part sticky paste. It took some time to reblend the ingredients, and then it spread a bit better, but not much. I'm not really wild about pulling on the delicate eye area, but I figured I'd do my best for this one trial.

I put the product on my eyelids and under my eyes to prime for both e/s and my dark circle corrector (BB). I liked the matte finish of the primer alone on my eyelids, and it worked as a bit of a concealer in itself for my skin tone (fair). It could be useful for those days when I'm too lazy to use e/s and corrector, but I'm sure anyone with a darker skin tone wouldn't find it useful by itself.

I applied my BB corrector and it went on smoothly enough under my eyes. Then I applied my cheap drugstore brand eyeshadow (Jane) that I love for its matte finish. That went on much easier than usual for me. The color was darker and richer than it is when I use it without a primer, and I didn't have to use as much to achieve this effect. I started liking this product at that point.

I checked my eyes regularly throughout this swelteringly hot day, and to my amazement, everything really did STAY and didn't STRAY. There was no creasing on my lids or underneath my eyes. Typically, even the BB corrector goes astray under these conditions, but I was really impressed that the cheap e/s lasted all day.

I couldn't give this product more than 3 lippies due to the difficult application process (and the price!), but I'd give its results a definite 10. I should mention that my eyelids are not particularly oily, and it might not work as well for someone with oily lids or under eye area.

Until I find something that applies easier and achieves the same results, I would buy this product in spite of its price of an arm and half a leg.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping to love this product as I used to use their FY Eye primer all the time before they replaced it with THIS. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden my makeup was creasing (within 2 hours) and slipping and looking gross. Well, it was this.
Thank God this was a sample size so I didn't feel back throwing it out and I won't be wasting any money buying one of these.
Big time fail Benefit, especially when the product you replaced worked SO well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mbraley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this product would get a bad review. I have purchased this twice now, and really like the way it keeps my eyeliner in check. I usually squirt a small amount on the back of my hand and then apply it with my fingers under my eyes, and anywhere else I apply concealer because it makes the concealer last longer (Boiing). It's a great product if you live in the sweltering heat in southeast Texas!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sudsyswife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product separates from the oil and squirts everywhere. What a waste of money. I'm so disappointed in this Benefit product. Spend those hard earned dollars elsewhere.