BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 12/22/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was hesitant to try this because of the low reviews, but when I finally did, I loved it! It doesn't crease, makes shadows last, covers up really really well, and because you only need a tiny bit, will last forever. I also used it on the redness on my face (I figured since it's gentle enough to use on the eyes, it should be ok on the face) and it's the only thing I've tried that keeps the redness away, all day.

If anyone has had any experience using this on the face, I'd love to hear about it because NOTHING covers my rosacea except this.

on 12/15/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this primer. Already on my second bottle of it. It is a bit pricey, so I only buy it when I collect points on my optimum card. Despite me having crazy oily skin, this actually works. Just use a small amount thoguh because too much actually makes your shadows crease. I also use this under my eyes to help my concealor stay and not crease and that is why I love this product. I'd give it better ratings if the price was more university student friendly.

on 12/11/2012 7:02:00 PM

It took me awhile to get this right. At first I hated this! Thought it was total crap, but since I bought it I was determined to make it work (don't like to waste money).
-it takes a very very tiny amount to look good.
-it covers up tiny views, etc on your eyelid (kinda like the MAC paint pot in painterly)
-it's a primer and correcting color in one. It's NOT a clear primer and its not supposed to be.
-great canvas to not only primer your lids but to make your eyeshadow really pop!

The only negative thing is the pump pumps out wayyyy to much product. So just press a tiny dot out for each eye, which is kinda hard to do at first, but then you'll get the hang of it. Oh yeah, it can separate weirdly into an oily mixture if you let it sit unsed for awhile. When it does that I just blend what came out onto my finger and its perfectly fine. Or just shake the bottle well before using.

I've had mine for a long time and its lasted forever.i took of one lippy be because it pumps out way to much product. It would be better in a pot I think.

this product says its a primer for concealers and eyeshadow. I think this works better as a primer for concealer for blemishes or under the eye because it makes your concealer last so much longer i don't recommend it to be used as a eyeshadow concealer because it makes your eyeshadow crease quite quickly

on 11/28/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recieved a sample of this primer. I've been meaning to try it for a long time but I am so dissapointed.
Although it is a nice light colour and blends nicely into the skin it just doesn't so the job very well. I find that my eyeshadows staying power is no better using this product that using nothing.
I won't be purchasing it again. Next I plan on using Urban Decay primer potion as I've heard a lot of good things! And if that doesn't work then i'll be going back to my old favorite, Smashbox photo finish lid primer as that is amazing!

on 11/19/2012 10:56:00 AM

I know this has great reviews everywhere but i am most disappointed in this product. Perhaps you got to use this immediately after purchase, but I waited a couple of months after I got this to use the product. When i squeeze this product onto my fingertips, the product had separated into oil and paste, and the paste was rather dry. I tried mixing the paste back with the oil but it did not work. Some of the product was still an ok mix, so i used that on my eye, but it left a rather messy white streak on my eye. It did not really seem to help set my eye make up that well either. I got a friend to buy it in the US so it was cheaper but no way am I paying 42SGD for this in Singapore.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a pale color(looks like my skin tone ivory) with a shimmery finish.This was a good primer I did not experience any creasing with the product it was a nice feeling on the skin.
I would not repurchase only because I found that the essence one (though slightly yellower) works just as well.

on 11/14/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using Stay, Don't Stray eye primer for about two months and I can honestly say that it is the second best concealer that I have ever used. Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage is the absolute best but this comes in at a close second. The reason for only 4 lippies is because I think Stay, Don't Stray broke out my chin and around my nose. It is intended as an eyeshadow primer but it's the perfect shade of ivory so I used it as an overall concealer which may have been a mistake. The coverage is beautiful and is so soft and creamy. It's extremely blendable and works well with both my tinted moisturizer and my medium coverage foundation. I even use it alone with a mineral powder and it blends so well into my skin.

It's a little pricey, $26 for .33 ounces/10 ml but a little bit goes a long way. I'm not sure if I will purchase this again. I loved the previous mentioned Laura Mercier product so I may purchase that one when I run out of Stay, Don't Stray. It is a great product and I would definitely recommend it!

on 11/4/2012 5:30:00 PM

I got this in a sample package they sold at sephora. It came with high beam and a mascara. I was excited to try this primer mostly because I was almost out of my UD Primer potion. I can say this now, I will not be buying the full size or this primer again. It is absolutely not worth it. It does not keep my eyeshadow on for a whole school day. I have oily skin so that might be part of it. But Primer Potion is so much better and more worth the money. I was highly disappointed from a brand I love.

on 11/1/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a few of the special sets of minis that benefit always offers (they're always a great deal!), and this came in a few. It's a deluxe sample size that comes in a tiny little tube with a doe foot applicator so I can't comment too much on the full size packaging, although I have tried it out at the store, and it was very difficult to control.

The product itself isn't great. It helps a little bit, but it doesn't make my shadows much brighter, and I don't notice any difference in the wear time of my eye makeup. I definitely won't be repurchasing - it's way too expensive for what it is.

Video Reviews & Tutorials