April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Much as I think the name is cute, this caused great irritation to my eyes. I normally wear Dior Iconic or Diorshow and do not have problems. I had to wash this off within 10 minutes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LJBNY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is goopy, there's no better word. It also doesn't do all that much for your lashes. In fact, mine end up looking a bit spiked and I'm not getting the volume I want.
Don't bother to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by yabadabado00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got the set with little tube of eye lase primer 27 euros. It helps nothing for my short Asian eyelashes even with curler. It gives no volume, no lenght and doesnt hold my lashes at all. This will be the first and the last high end mascara for me. Sadly i will have to keep using it because it is just too expensive to waste it :(((

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is a tad bit clumpier at home than when I tried it in the store, but I like it. I don't notice too much of a difference between this and Dior Blackout though. I like dramatic lashes and this works, but I wouldn't use it for work. It's more of a going out mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by assertives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I did not like it. The product is a tad too wet for my liking and took a relatively long time to dry. It also did not hold my curl very well and it smudges! I have worn this mascara on a long day and when I got home, I found that the mascara have traveled to my under eye area.

Also, the packaging needs some work. The stopper does not seem to serve any purpose. I get thick globs of mascara clinging on to my brush each time I get it out from the bottle.

On top of all that, this mascara was VERY EXPENSIVE. It retails for $50 odd where I live. My drugstore mascara was way better at half the price. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Lerka

More detailed review on my blog :)

I've been using DiorShow for years...it's my absolute HG!!! But I decided to try something new and initially wanted to buy Lancome's Hypnose Drama, but the MUA talked me into trying Extase. When she put it on top of Dior Show ...I LOVED IT!!! and of course, had to buy it. I got it together with the Serum. So I cam home and was anxious to try it out... and well I HATED IT!!! it clumped ...and there was TOO MUCH of the product on the brush. So I read other reviews and apparently that was very common so I thought I'd give it another try. The second time applying it was a bit better but still bad. So this is my fourth day using it...and I LOVE IT!
It does lengthen the eyelashes, hold the curl...not too sure about volumizing effect... it's not as good as DiorShow...but still good. I have asian lashes...but they're not typical short stubby ones...
I use mascara with the serum which I think gives best results... and oh it's not waterproof BUT it doesn't smudge!!!

Will I be repurchasing it? Possibly... after I try YSL mascara =)))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by viciousxprincipessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

hands down the best mascara i've found by dior, and i've tried them all. i don't know how anybody couldn't love it - i used to do a whole eye makeup routine: primer, shadow, concealer, shimmer, waterlined liner, SO FORTH. but i went to a club friday night in philly, and only did my face foundation/powdering and wore ONLY this mascara with some shimmer on the lids. totally popped, love love love. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not fond of this mascara. It just did not work for me. I've struggled with the brush, but after some time I got used to it, but I just couldn't make my peace with the formula. It is so hard to remove that I even didn't want to put it on, so I had to give it away. I'll just stick with my HG original Diorshow mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Much like the previous reviewer, I have long, but not voluminous lashes. They are thin (as in the hairs are thin, but not fine - in fact, they're plentiful), and very limp and straight. This is the only mascara I've ever used that gives them volume, and doesn't limp after an hour!
My eyelashes curl just fine, but as soon as I apply mascara they fall flat, so sometimes I just curl them and put no product on. But without even having to curl my lashes, this keeps them up! YAY!

It would get five stars if it made my lashes more... what's the word... plush? I've only used the mascara a couple times, and it's brand new, so I'm sure it'll only get better once it dries up a bit and gets less spidery (though for its first use I was really impressed, as it was not as liquidy as most new mascaras are), and I expect it to look more natural.
For practically perfect lashes, I used DiorShow Extase and then regular DiorShow on top. I love DiorShow for how natural, fluffy, and fanned out it makes my lashes look, and Extase just gives the extra curl hold. The perfect combination, dramatic but still natural-looking! I hate the look of having product caked on to my lashes, all spidery, chunky, and generally unnatural-looking, and with these two products I swear you'll get just the opposite!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by yasminhayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to my Arabian genes I have naturally long eyelashes, so when I buy mascara I really don't look for length.

I may have long eyelashes, but they are also incredibly thin eyelashes. Fine isn't the word! And where they start off dark at the root, they are blonde at the tips. So I want the most blackest and volumizing thing I can find on the market.

Another problem with my eyelashes is that they clump incredibly badly, Its like they scream when they see mascara and huddle together, so that when I do apply mascara it looks like one massive singular lash.

I tried Christian Dior Plumping mascara purely for a change because I was bored of my old stuff. Teaches me right.
Dior is absouletly no different to my usual mascara. I use Max factors false lash mascara, because it is the only thing i have tried (until recently) that doesn't clump my eyelashes.

I put on Dior (which is by no means bad, in fact it's good, - my lashes looked lovely and thick) its just incredibly expensive for a product that makes no difference compared my ususal brand) and I went out that evening and saw all my usual friends, I flashed them all my lashes and asked them what they thought, NO ONE, no one noticed a difference! they were like ''your wearing new eyeshadow???''

so for all you out there and curious (as I was) the 21.99 Dior mascara, makes no difference to your 8 Max factor false lash effect....