September 2, 2014 | 1878 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2026 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

No, no, no, no. Just no. After checking and cross checking foundations that would match my face to the rest of me, I decided on Revlon Photoready in Cappucino which I ordered from Ulta online, since they never seem to have darker shades in my area for some reason, or are all out. Very giddy to try it, so I did my routine and applied it with a sponge and what the f-ck?! I looked like a black, female Casper! Ashy and ghostly-looking. I did take into consideration the titanium dioxide that some use for sunscreen in certain foundations, but I just assumed it would just melt into my skin. No, ma'am. Its nothing like Colorstay, which I made the mistake of getting a shade too dark for me but was perfect in every way otherwise. I guess I'm back to CS now and mixing two shades to get my perfect match. Back to Ulta it goes! I will say this, the only saving grace was the pump - now if CS had that, it'd be awesome. Get on that, Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, I will go as far to say that this is the best drugstore foundation I have tried. Got lucky and got this at 75% off. Price is a bit high for a drugstore product at retail ($14.95 here) but works just as well as pricier department store brands. I have extremely oily skin. This product went on very smoothly, blended easily and wore beautifully all day. Has a light luminizing sort of finish that really blurs and covers imperfections without globbing on product. It is not so noticeable that you shine like a greaseball, even with my oily skin, just a healthy glow. Looks like a photoshopped version of your skin. The pump makes application quick and easy. I just hope the top comes off so I can use all of the remaining product the pump can't reach! A little goes a long way. The sunscreen is always a plus, but do not ever use foundation as a sole source of sun protection for your face- you'd have to apply like 1/5 of the bottle to get the labeled level of protection. Love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

omg this made me break out so bad with only one use. if you are acne prone then stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lasts fairly long! I used this for my prom and it lasted well,only problem would be the SPF in this product. not great for photos

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kellyskovron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The pump provides product that does not have to be left in the tube while the foundation fully covers your face without being too oily or leaving your face dry. I have dry combination skin and this product suits my dry areas and oily areas well. The price is fantastic at only about $10 in drug stores. It does a good job of staying on all day and covering well.

Pros: stays on all day, covers well, pump package, not too dry or oily, price

Cons: none

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first use I found the coverage great, the finish dewy and natural. By the end of the day it still looked pretty good. However, as the days went by, I noticed my skin drying out. Uncomfortably so! I switched my moisturiser, thinking it was that...but no improvement. Then I wondered if it was the foundation so I tried switching back to my usual Colourstay......and boom! Back to normal, comfortable skin! Photo ready dried my skin out so much that parts of it compensated and broke out. So my skin ended up an awful, broken out but dry mess. I wonder if it is the mica...the little glitter particles added for luminosity....perhaps my skin just didn't like it as usually Revlon foundations are foolproof! Since I ditched the Photoready, my skin is back to normal again. It's a shame as its it is not cheap (around $NZ45) and remains unused in my makeup bag as I hate to discard barely used items....but I won't use it again. Not worth the skin dramas but I concede that it might just be a personal reaction as many other reviews appear to be favourable of this makeup. I just wish my beloved Colourstay had the same pump bottle as the Photoready....it's very good and allows one much more control over the amount to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

[sorry..some slang used lol] 1. Research & purchase : When i was back in highschool i wanted an amazin foundation, wit high coverage etc for the family parties/weddings etc i used to go to. I did alotta research :D it was long time ago. Saw reviews of it on youtube then went to buy it!!! =D

2. THE SHIMMER - like youtubers said, its only visable on ur hand. not on ur face. they r there to give u PERFECT FOUNDATION IN ANY (EVERY) LIGHT! even in photos & flash photogaphy. Ever went to a bad lighted room or somethin n u thought u looked ugly? this foundation is formulated against that :D!!

3. COLOUR: Yeaaars ago i bought mine in 004 nude. its the only foundation out of 13/15in my house tht matches my skintone perfectly!!!

4. COVERAGE : is 100% perfect :D got acne, spots etc? this is for u.

5. APPLICATION: used to apply it only with fingers. this time im usin my new stippling brusg, putting light layers each time untill i get high coverage & it blends perfect! then u can use concealer if necessary

6. THE FINISH : lasts ALL day. dewy. fresh. subtle glow. natural. NO CAKINESS DEVELOPING THROUGHOUT THE DAY. stays on the skin :d AND !!! IT IS BETTER THAN MAC STUDIO SCULPT FOUNDATION!!!

can u believe it!!!!!! :) i now use this on my cheeks & chin to cover up stoopid spots.

I Now use this as my everyday foundation, instead of events . its that good. !!

Update : 8th Jan 2014. RE-PURCHASE PLEASE !
i want to buy this again!!! My bottle is quite old, dont know if i have a lil bit left in it... a few dry patches showed up on my skin last time cuz the foundation is old, i need a new one. with new ones that doesnt happen. I currently have NO foundation to use - its winter now and the LorealTrueMatch is too dark...the [stupid] bellapierre i wasted money on is too light & i have no good concealers left! yikes.....
Need new revlon foundation & concealer!! =D

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Luchsucks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have oily skin, Don't use this.
- light formula
-NOT FOR OILY SKIN
- Has sparkles (Which I despise)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by buhsayd

Kind of strange but....I bought Dior Addict (not Extreme) in 343 recently at a Sephora and it was named Spring Ball. Not sure if it's the same color as Miss Dior but I love Spring Ball! I've worn Dior Addict in Tulle and Dior Addict Extreme in Silhouette before, thinking Tulle is great for a nude lip and Silhouette for a coral pink lip. I found myself using the Tulle a lot more as I just prefer nude lips but the Tulle was slightly too beige and tended to wash me out. Still I love the Addict formulation - so moisturizing! So I headed to Sephora to get another Tulle when lo and behold I notice the tester for Spring Ball not too far away. Tried it and LOVED IT! It was still light enough to be a nude lip but added just the right amount of life onto my lips. Beautiful peach accent for my yellow undertoned skin.

This is going to be an HG nude lipcolor for warm undertones!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyraff

This foundation is good for nights out I've realised but not for daily use. It has shimmer pigments in it which I don't mind but during the day when it's sunny and you have oily skin, it doen't look so good, haha. Although at night, this foundation looks great. It makes your skin look flawless and defined which I love. It's easy to apply on the skin and has good coverage although on my oily skin, it tends to slip and slide around after 4-5 hours which is okay for me. The pump bottle is handy and it comes in a fair few shades of colours. Since I only use it for night time now, I don't think I would repurchase it again since I don't think the bottle will ever run out!