BeneFit Cosmetics Sugarbomb

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I went a little crazy and got on a benefit face powder kick without ever having tried a single one of these powders and ordered 5 shades!

Out of bunch Sugarbomb is by FAR my favourite. This boxed powder has 4 triangles of color which are pink, peach, rose and plum. Swirled together they create a gorgeous light bright shade of peachy pink. I do find it more on the peachy side on my (nw10) skin than pink.

Sugarbomb is a marvelous mix of highlighter and blush in one and gives an incredibly glowy peachy pink natural flush to cheeks. It is very sheer, but definitely does show up. It's not nearly as pigmented as Coralista or Bella Bamba however. Darker than medium skintones will likely have trouble getting this to show up very well and will probably find it to be more of a highlighter.

This is quickly becoming my favorite blush and will definitely repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 12:11:00 AM

Fantastic! Smells great, I use it everyday as blush. The brush is good considering it comes with the product. My fave out of the box o' powders. Shimmery, but not to a point where it's chunks of glitter. packaging is cute i love it! and benefit!

on 12/20/2010 12:30:00 AM

This product is very flattering. I am very fair (NC 15 for reference) but this gave me a subtle glow on my cheeks. Sort of a pinky - peach look.

The box it comes in is cute but I'm not very useful for carrying in my purse. Although in defense of the blush it does stay on pretty much all day and doesn't require reapplying.

Not really fond of the price (28.00) but the quality is worth it.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

by far my favorite blush. has some shimmer but no glitter! : )
comes with a mini brush, its semi-crap. works on the go, but I'm sure your blush brush at home is much better! I love that I can use all the colors and it makes me look fabulous, or I can use just one for the four colors, or mix-and-match for custom colors, you get the idea! smells sweet, but not too over powering. lasts about 6 hrs without a primer/lotion/or foundation! again a gift from my boyfriend so he loved that I was a gift that made my eyes light up. a great blush for any shade since there is a shade of (in my opinion) rose, peach, tan and creamy orange.

on 12/6/2010 5:46:00 AM

I've been using this blusher for quite a while. It's a very forgiving and fool proof blush suitable for most skin tones which makes it a hot seller at the Benefit counter.

I'm quite fair with a golden undertone and for me it gives a sweet, light, peachy pink glow. I say 'glow' because Sugarbomb has a slight shimmer/sheen to it. It blurs the line between blush and highlighter which might be what you're looking for. On the whole I love using it but sometimes I feel like I need MORE colour. In these situations, rather than applying more Sugarbomb (and therefore applying more shimmer) I reach for Benefit's Coralista which is more of a deepr pinky coral colour.

Back to Sugarbomb... The shimmer quality means that combination / oily skins might want to avoid going overboard with this or at least using it away from oily areas. I have combination skin and use it on my apples of my cheeks or just under my cheekbones without adding to the natural sheen of my skin. If I want more all over colour I will VERY LIGHTLY sweep this over the bridge of my nose. No more.

I don't find the shimmer inappropriate for day time wear, it's very subtle. It's especially great in summer when the mood calls for lighter makeup.

A more detailed review and other beauty product reviews can be found on my blog:
clever-rabbit.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading.

on 12/4/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hadn't really bothered to try anything other then Benefit's Hoola but since this came in a holiday kit from them I was excited to try it. I LOVE IT. I wish I had discovered it before! Perfect on my fair skin and gives you the best flush ever - not to mention smells delightful! It's divided into four sections, rose, pink, peach, and a plum that when mixed together gives the prettiest "sugar" flush that has bronzey undertones and just the right amount of shimmer :) I am in love. $51 (AUS) seems reasonable for this product though as said in my review for HOOLA I hate the cheap and impractical cardboard packaging.

To finish, expensive but worth it. Go for it !

on 11/20/2010 4:36:00 PM

Wonderful blush. Very soft peachy pink color, with just a little shimmer in it. Usually I really don't like shimmery blushes, but this one has just enough shimmer to brighten up my face. Lovely product, with a lovely scent. It's definitely a favorite!

on 11/14/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The color is a very soft sheer pink. Very natural, I had to layer it a couple of times to get some color. I think the color is actually very natural & pretty. I don't like the strong floral scent to it but it does go away. You get alot of product in the little box, so it'll probably last you a long time. I'm kind of big on smell & adding to that, how many times I have to layer the product, I probably won't buy it again.

on 11/12/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Bought this the first time I visited the Benefit counter. The lady was lovely, and gave me a whole makeover with all their products. I'm not one for rosy pink blush because of my blemishes and uneven skin, so I prefer wearing no blush. In the store, it looked a subtle hint of blush on my skin that looked very natural, but when I got home it had all gone! I've been trying to use this, but on my skin (NC40) it never shows up! Probably not for those who are pretty tanned then. The smell is very floral-y, and it kinda makes me feel a bit nauseous smelling it up close (probably because I don't like floral perfume/smells). But as the lady told me in the store, you can use it as eyeshadows, so I guess I'll be doing that then!

on 11/4/2010 2:49:00 PM

I'm not much of a blush girl, but I do like Sugarbomb a lot. It's great for a sheer, natural flush that basically has a built it highlighter. The four shades allow you to customize the effect to a certain extent but none of the colours are particularly bright. The Benefit box is cute if a little cumbersome, and the included brush is okay for travel but I usually just apply it with an angled blush brush. It's shimmery and pretty, but sometimes I grow weary of its sweet girlishness. It's great for Sunday brunch and low key movie dates, and I like it layered over something more impactful for evenings out, but for work I prefer something matte.

Popular Blush Products