Chanel Chance

3.8

on 12/13/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

#872 review on Chance.The Citron in this formula, combined with hyacinth, gives the scent its fresh, youthful top note amber of Patchouli and Jasmine give the fragrance its spicy warmth and sensuality.The combo gives this scent a tendency to "evolve" from fresh and bright to sophisticated and sexy.....very very nice and pretty if it works with your chemistry. This scent doesn't get much love because I'm guessing since it's not extremely complex, but I can see why it's popular. It's not ground-breaking, but it strikes a neat balance between clean/sweet, crisp/soft, sexy/professional, dressy/casual. Everyone's nose and chemistry is different and so are their opinions. It's one of those fragrances that women of all ages can wear, making them smell modern, classy, and sexy all at once. It's not one of those intense and overwhelming old ladyish smells. I know alot of perfume inthuseniast find this to plain. I would rather smell crisp and clean then someone trying to smell so complex but everyone holds their nose around them. Ohhh,and men LOVE this btw. When I wear this I feel uplifted. This makes me like this since this does something for my spirits and mood which also effects those around me as well which could impact my day like a domino effect.This matters to me more then seeking something extremly complex.

on 12/4/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderful not in my top 5 though. The drydown smells better than the intial fragrance which is always a plus to me. My favorite is Jean Paul Gaultier classique and this smells similar to me.

on 11/13/2011 10:52:00 PM

I smell chance everywhere. I think it smells lovely on some people. I despise this on my own skin. I don't like it.

on 11/8/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i LOVE the pink one its the best chanel fragrance ive ever smelled<3 all the other ones are way too over powering and strong for me

on 11/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mother got this for me as a birthday gift. It's definitely my type of scent! I'm not a perfume guru so I don't really smell all the subtle parts of it that other women seem to smell, but on me, it's light, floral and refreshing. It doesn't have the sickly sweet or fruity scents that appeal to teens or pre-teens, but it's definitely a youthful, spring-y sort of scent. I smell it faintly even after 10 hrs at work!

The packaging is a circular, flat sort of bottle, which is pretty enough but not terribly interesting. I still love this scent though, and I'm glad I got it as a gift because it seems pretty pricey (but since this is Chanel, I guess that's normal).

on 11/5/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the perfume that launched my scent obsession. I got my first bottle quite a while back, when it first came out, and I actually used the entire thing over the course of one school year. Looking back, I probably wore a little too much, but we live and learn! I'm still very fond of it, and I have the EDP in my collection. I wear it more often than not!

Between Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, I would hands-down choose Chance. Why? It's obviously a personal preference, but I think it's much better balanced. I think the patchouli is more pronounced too, and I love patchouli. I also feel like Chance is a close sister of Coco's, which is another of my favorites. (I'm not convinced that Coco and Coco Mademoiselle should actually share names, for that matter! I will run screaming when someone is wearing too much of the latter, but I adore Coco.)

Chance is young, but it shouldn't be faulted. I find it very refreshing and bright, and unlike other "young" smelling perfumes, it's not totally overbearing or worse, banal.

I got this perfume as a gift for my birthday and while I prefer Mademoiselle, I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like this scent. I don't like perfumes that are too heavy, but I also want them to last. This one definitely does.

on 10/20/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love it!!!

on 10/13/2011 9:42:00 PM

Did I delete my review of this some how? I remember being so impressed with this scent when I was very young and impressionable, but I can't seem to feel the same way about it. I do like the sort of juniper note I pick up in it, and I like wearing it some times. I feel almost odd when people recognize it, a little guilty even.
That may be my age now, as I think this is intended for a younger woman and I feel like my wearing it is almost ironic. Then again, the scent seems to be aware of that.

It's a tough call. Is this scent an older woman trying too hard to be a younger woman, or is it a wiser woman with some experience who is determined not to be too stuck up?

Low class and putting on airs or a bored aristocrat slumming it? You be the judge I guess.

on 9/27/2011 2:37:00 PM

headche, headache headache!!!!! This perfume is yucky to me way to floral and it is just very allien to the chanel perfume family.... it is very strong and and to me it is just a coppy of lancome´s miracle,(try that any day of the week!) I mean really spray both on each wrist and if you can tell a difference congratulations!!!!
I just love Chanel perfumes ... all of them, but this to me doesnt belong.

Popular Fragrances