March 2, 2015 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did I delete my review of this some how? I remember being so impressed with this scent when I was very young and impressionable, but I can't seem to feel the same way about it. I do like the sort of juniper note I pick up in it, and I like wearing it some times. I feel almost odd when people recognize it, a little guilty even.
That may be my age now, as I think this is intended for a younger woman and I feel like my wearing it is almost ironic. Then again, the scent seems to be aware of that.

It's a tough call. Is this scent an older woman trying too hard to be a younger woman, or is it a wiser woman with some experience who is determined not to be too stuck up?

Low class and putting on airs or a bored aristocrat slumming it? You be the judge I guess.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

headche, headache headache!!!!! This perfume is yucky to me way to floral and it is just very allien to the chanel perfume family.... it is very strong and and to me it is just a coppy of lancome´s miracle,(try that any day of the week!) I mean really spray both on each wrist and if you can tell a difference congratulations!!!!
I just love Chanel perfumes ... all of them, but this to me doesnt belong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Oh Chance! I am so glad you are mine at last!

I just bought myself Chance EDT... Love it! This is a perfect blend of citrus and floral. Very light on vanilla... The vanilla helps smooth any of the rough edges out the fragrance. Great for those days that you want to smell elegant yet simple (I'm thinking Ralph Lauren clothing) and very fresh and clean. :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's mad love for their fragrances, as one can never go wrong with a Chanel scent. I started out with Coco (husband hates it tho, like allure sensualle) then went on to Coco mademoiselle, then #Chance is a natural choice (before eau fraiche & eau tendre came out) Like a true signature, it bears the classy-clean first sniff, that dries down to unveil its more complicated notes of floral citruses. The edp last so well on me, without re-sprays, and the fragrance smells as it is when I first sprayed it. But I hv to say, personally this is second to #mademoiselle. Which smells alike, but like a matured pretty big sister. Some days I can't remember if I've used mademoiselle or chance, it smells similar eventually. Just that chance is sharper. But much luve to u as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Claudia22

The bottle that I have is the third one...I never used fragances over again. It is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by LadyPenelope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I smelt this on a Chanel rep, a gay male who was fully made up, and it was such a gorgeous scent it made me think I must buy this for my boyfriend. The rep had applied the scent at noon and when I smelt it it was already 7 pm, so it's a pretty long-lasting fragrance, at least on this guy.

Now to convince my BF that this is fine for men! 8-)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by abbeylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorites of all times. I like that it is youthful and elegant at the same time. It is so amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by andie0929

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My signature scent! I feel that it's for a younger crowd but if you like lightly scented citrus, this is for you! Quite expensive, but it's Chanel so no surprise there. You should try it at a counter before purchasing though, some people claim that the smell changes after you wear it...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got this 5 years ago and at first i loved the smell however it is a smell you start to get tired of very easy. my love turned into hate for this fragrance and it did start to give me bad headaches after wearing it. i think any fragrance with a price tag this high should be some thing your want to wear every day and never get bored of it. i was glad when i used it all up

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You can never go wrong with Chance. This is one of my signature scents. It is flowery and musky at the same time. It is a tad heavy, but not so much so that you can not wear it during the day. I like how the scent changes and lasts throughout the day. I feel like this is a younger smelling fragrance, but that shouldn't stop more mature ladies from wearing it! If I had to choose only one fragrance for the rest of my life, it would be Chance.