October 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am SO impressed with this eyeshadow primer! It blends on my eyelids seamlessly and doesn't feel greasy what so ever. The doe foot applicator is a little unhygienic and you can't get the last bit of the product out of the tube, but for $1 that's fine to me. This primer also keeps my eyeshadow colors vibrant and makes them last all day with NO creasing! I will definitely repurchase because I swear this is the EXACT same formula as all of the high end primers for a fraction of the cost!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wish this worked on me but unfortunately it doesn't. My lids are left almost as oily as if I hadn't used this primer and my eyeshadow doesn't last much longer than normal. I haven't noticed it making a difference in the color of my shadow (i.e. intensifying it as some other users have reported). If I use this then apply a layer of a finishing powder as the last step in my eye routine, the cosmetics do stay crease-free longer, but that might be the work of the powder alone.

This product comes in a pink opaque tube with a doe-foot applicator like a lip gloss, but there isn't a lot of product in the container and the handle on mine detached from the wand. The label also rubbed off within days. All of that doesn't affect the performance of the primer, but then again, it wasn't performing well for me anyway. I've tried putting on quite a bit, dabbing on just a thin layer, rubbing til absorbed, leaving a few minutes to let it soak in, etc., etc., but nothing has made it work for me. However it does only cost a dollar or so which makes it worth trying on the chance it does what it's supposed to for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow primer for dollar.

A few complains: First it's impossible to get everything out the tube, but for a buck I just cut the tube and squeeze it out. Second it's a little greasy. Third, t's alway sold out at my local Target...so when i'm there and the stock has been replenish I grab about 5 of them. I don't like purchasing it through ELF website

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been this primer for multiple years!. I've had oily and shine-prone skin all my life until recently. I have tried a few eye primers--Mary Kay, mark, Clinique--and have found that (especially for $1) this primer works just as well or in most cases better. The only thing I have found is that if I have forgotten to use my eye cream that my eyelids can look a little dry with this, but that is easily correctable with a small amount of creamy/moisturizing concealer. One bonus to this product that I think is very nice is that this primer actually helps cover my dark circles, it makes my eyelids a little lighter. I've never tried UDPP or TFSE, but the way I look at it I won't need to as long as I have this. Also, you can see thru the tube and see how much you have in the container.

I really love the wand and it comes in handy so often!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product in a gift set that featured 5 items, it normally retails for $1 (this review is not for the Mineral version in the Studio Line that retails for $3).

This primer creased on itself, was difficult to blend over and did not grab color, so I used a TON of e/s to achieve an otherwise simple look. Needless to say, the additional work I put in ended up in a sloppy mess. I even tried it under their own e/s and it seemed incompatible still:( I wore this three days consecutively until I decided it is not for me.

On the plus side: The formulation feels comfortable on, is more moisturizing than most primers, dirt cheap and I like the consistency of the product.

I will not repurchase this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've already repurchased this primer a few times. It doesn't keep me crease-free all day, but it keeps my eyeshadow fresh until late afternoon (I have very oily lids - yuck!). Without it, my eyeshadow only last a few hours.

Someday I might splurge on Urban Decay's primer if I want the ultimate in shadow primers. Also, I think Wet' n Wild's Fergie primer works a little better than Elf's, and it's only $4 or $5. So, that one is worth a try also :)

But honestly, this is a great primer for anyone on a budget - it's only $1.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I actually really like this primer. It is liquidy and not super opaque like a lot of other eyeshadow primers, and very easy to blend. It keeps my eyeshadow where I want it, it's very inexpensive. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Such a great buy! This feels just like UD's primer potion, only so much more product and wayyy cheaper! My eyeshadow lasted a full eight hours even after jogging to school, and my eyeliner didn't run into my cracks or anything. The container looks a bit cheap, but it's a dollar, what did I expect. Thank you ELF for the great cheap primer! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyelid primer! It works sooo well for my combination skin and it honestly keeps my eyeliner in tact (no more raccoon eyes and most importantly no more smudging!) I've tried a good amount of eyelid primers but I must say for the price ($1) and quality it can't be beat. Normally, I don't wear makeup everyday but when I do use this product it lasts all day/night and keeps intact. This is my go-to eyelid primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Speechless! On my first ELF order i decided to give it a try to this primer...for 2euro(the price in Romania) i didn't have what to loose. I was so surprised! My makeup stays perfect in place all day long...and by "perfect" i mean PERFECT. I had before an eyelid primer from Urban Decay and i really can't see the difference.