E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 2/5/2014 11:17:00 PM

Aaand I just bought my second tube.

Sneaky, but it made even those awfully powdery ELF eyeshadows stay put! (I realize they're not all bad, but if you have any of their lemons, you know what I mean.) So normal eyeshadows definitely stay put. I develop oily eyelids throughout the day, and kept having creases in my makeup on a regular basis. I also dance, which means twice as many products on my face + more sweat during competitions. Between the two occasions, I definitely get my $1's worth. And now that I'm thinking about the price, I really think I would be willing to pay significantly more for this if need be. (Don't get any ideas, ELF.)

(Pro tip: Since these kinds of containers are not particularly conducive to getting ALL the product out, remove the rubber stopper from the top when you're nearly out. Suddenly, product!)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever used. I am a redhead with freckles (on my eyelids) and feel as though this helps create a more even palette in which to apply my eyeshadow. Sometimes I use a base, but this is great and quicker. Eyeshadows seem to last a bit longer when using this too. ELF's prices cannot be beat. Currently, I'm using the eyeshadow primers that came with my Naked 3, and am excited to see how they compare.. Definitely would purchase again!

on 1/30/2014 8:13:00 AM

you can't wrong with this $1.00 eye primer It works great.. I use this as an eyeshadow primer but also under my eye before applying concealer & this helps a lot to prevent the concealer to settle into my fine lines & creasing .. I think E.L.F has good quality products & for the price..... i have purchased this a few times already & will buy it again.

on 1/27/2014 3:03:00 AM

I really like it! It doesn't do much as a base but it's not supposed to, I don't think. I have combination skin, and find my makeup melts off and eyeshadow creases. Not with this though. I'd Definitely repurchase.

on 1/22/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews on MUA I was excited to try this product.
At first I didn't really have a problem with it, although it felt a bit dry going onto my lids. However as I continued using it, I noticed my eyeshadow creasing and my eyelids began to dry out uncomfortably.

I want to add that I'm Asian and although I do have eyelids, my lid space is quite small and eyeshadow will crease more often than those with larger eyelid space.

All in all, what did not work for me might work for some of you! You really can't beat the price or accessibility. I just want to warn those with eyes like mine that this might not be the product for you.

on 1/15/2014 12:32:00 AM

Ive tried several eyeshadow primers before and the only one that has worked for me is the urban decay primer potion. I saw this had good reviews and was only $1 at target so figured im not out much if it doesn't work. It comes with an applicator; which is ok, but personally I like a squeeze tube for sanitary reasons. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 5. Texture wise it is a little thinner than urban decay primer potion. It dries fast which is good, cuz who wants to wait 5 min to apply their eyeshadow. My shadow applied smoothly over the primer and it lasted me well past my 8 hour work day. The only difference is I could wear UD primer potion overnight and it still looks good. Id definitely purchase this again and recommend any one who likes urban decay primer potion to try this.

on 1/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

When I first started using this eye shadow primer, I liked it but it was too watery for me.

on 1/14/2014 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good product! This really does the job, it dries weightlessly and doesn't feel oily or uncomfortable. I got it as a gift with a purchase so I was impressed before I even knew the price. The only time I had any problem with this is after ten hours of wearing a very shimmery eyeshadow and it just creased a little and I suspect that pricier product won't do better.
Excellent, I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/13/2014 11:48:00 PM

Amazing! I use this one day to day and my urban decay primer when I go out, if your looking for a cheaper one that does the same amount of work this one is the primer to get!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging may not be much to look at but this eyelid primer is definitely great! It made my eyeshadow pop and there was absolutely no creasing or fading and for only $1!? A great buy I seriously don't use anything else to prime my eyelids . The doe foot applicator is useless I just use it to place the primer on my lid and then pat it onto my lid with my finger. It's great! Go pick up a few now!