August 21, 2014 | 2108 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by TheGoofQueen

I absolutely LOVE this eyelid primer. My eyes are set just right that 90% of shadows crease HORRIBLY within the first two hours of wear, but I have NEVER had that problem when I put this on my lids first. I wore this during a play that involved a lot of dancing (and thus a lot of sweating!) and my insanely bright-colored eyeshadow was right where I had put it before the curtain went up. It also held up to four hours of line dancing (again, LOTS of sweating) without letting anything budge an inch. I do feel a slight tingle when I first apply it (this goes away once I blend it into the eye) which might be 'painful' to more sensitive eyes, but it's never hurt me. Seriously, for $1, this is the best eyelid primer you can buy. If you've never used one before and want to try one, try THIS one. It's cheap and effective - what more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kirstenf376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye primer. I am not very experienced in eye primers, the only one I've used before was one that came in an NYC eyeshadow quad, but my lids are very oily and this primer definitely keeps my shadow from creasing without having to touch up during the day. I definitely recommend this. For $1 you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value for a buck!! God this is a steal! I've used them all and this is just as good as urban decays primer potion. And $19 less! Please try this for a dollar, you will be pleasantly surprised! If ur new to makeup or on a budget, this is perfect for u! If ur just sick of spending 20 bucks on the big brand names then this is for u. I was skeptical too but not anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this eye primer. I will admit that when it comes to eye primers I'm not very experienced as I've only ever used L'Oreal DeCrease before. My lids are very hooded and quite oily so I have to prime to get my eye makeup to stay put for more than 2 minutes. The L'Oreal DeCrease helped tremendously but still my shadows would crease after about 4 or 5 hours. With this one, however...today I've had it on for 12 hours with NO touchups (3 hours of which were spent in the humid Texas heat chasing my toddler around a kiddie park) and although the intensity of the color has faded a little bit, there is absolutely NO creasing. For me, that's a miracle. And for $1, that's even more of miracle! I've only just started using this but I think its going to be HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a cheap primer but of great quality! I have Urban Decay's Primer Potion(original) and I honestly could not see a difference in both of them. This eyelid primer makes my eye makeup lasts all day and mind you, I do have oily eyelid sometimes.

Will repurchase this instead of UDPP (which I got together with the Naked Palette).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's better than not using a primer but definitely not great.

Cons:
Did virtually nothing to prevent creasing or smearing of eyeliner
Very little product in package - seems to be me it's full of mostly air as I've only used it 7 - 10 times and I barely have anything left in the tube

Pro:
$1
Light in texture and easy to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my go-to eye primer, I've gone through countless tubes of this stuff and I don't plan on switching to anything else because this works great for only a dollar. The only thing I don't love about this primer is that it doesn't have enough...stick? It blends into the eyelid very well but I have to use a different base like a cream shadow over it to really get my eyeshadows to their full potential (I don't mind it though, I pretty much always use some kind of base after primer.)

But it's amazing how well this works for being only a buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally! I have gotten up off my ass and bought a primer for my weird eyeballs! Unfortunately, my town never thought of putting up an Ulta or a Sephora somewhere so I'm stuck with drugstore makeup. And since I'm poor (not really, my family just doesn't give me more money than I'd wish they'd give me), I get dirt cheap makeup while I'm saving up for good stuff.

This stuff is amazing, especially for its price ($1, if you didn't already know this, duh). It keeps my eyeliner in place for longer than I would without it, and pencil eyeliner doesn't smudge a bit with this stuff. I'll repurchase again and again, because this is simply awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hzollo

love this product! i've always had really oily eyelids and my makeup would always crease. other eye primers are really good also but why pay so $17 when you can pay $1. can't beat it. i drove all over to different targets just to find this product and most targets were sold out, that must be a good sign.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

I work in a high end makeup store so I know a good product when I see one. Ladies (and gents ;) This is the holy grail for the frugal makeup lover! Keeps my eyeshadow perfect all day without drying out my lids. My only complaint is a few packaging issues and a bit of confusion over the product itself. The product is only a dollar so for that price it was already more than i could have hoped for.... BUT. Did the packaging have to be so cheap that the lid cracked when i twisted it tightly shut? Me thinks not. Also, When I first bought it I thought it was liquid-y and cheap feeling with barely any product in the tube. Then I bought a beauty book that included some great eyeshadow, a below average eyeliner pencil, and a small tube of eyelid primer. Now when I tried this stuff, My prayers had been answered! I have no idea what they did to change the product but it was a good change! I would put this up against the urban decay primer potion! I will have to wait until I run out of the good stuff to see if it was a fluke or if i just got a bad one on my first purchase.