April 19, 2014 | 1083 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

What an awesome product and works amazzzing!! Comes with a wand applicator that I dab to my lids and spread with my fingers. Texture is perfect and dries instantly. My shadows last all day or night with no smearing or smudging and colors pop even more. Theres not a whole lot of product in the tube compared to other primers but for 1$, i'll buy this over and over again!!! Theres no need to seek high end counters for a great primer. A++++ Urban Decay, who???

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Danee14

We got an ELF section at walmart. This primer is only one dollar! which is great! except this was always gone when I searched for it! everyone wanted to try it, i guess. I finally got my hand on it! so exctied! worth a shot, for only a dollar, right? i really like it. im surprized at how many people dont like it...but i guess people dont understand how to use makeup properly! its not anymore sticky than a primer is supposed to be, i have SUPER OILY EYELIDS!!!! even my ELF eyeshadow stays on. the only trouble i had was with loose eyeshadow, but i figured out that the problem was me not wearing enough primer. and you rub your primer in! and be sure to cover eyelid completely! this stays on me for hours! and i was so happy! becuase no primer ever works for my oil ridden lids! I DID THE ULTIMATE TEST FOR YOU GUYS!! i mowed the lawn wearing makeup! and this stayed on perfect! with absolutely no problem! at only a dollar, i will deffinetly be buying this again. good purchase, i am very pleased. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by went2fast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is great! The product slides on the eyelids easily and and applicator is the perfect size! I have oily skin which means that sometimes my eyeshadows and eyeliners smear or slip away, but since I started using this product it hasn't happened once! The way my eye is shaped makes it really easy for eyeliner to transfer to the top of my lid, but that has stopped completely because this primer helps keep it in place for a very long time. For once, my eyeshadow, liner and mascara lasted longer than my face makeup! Definitely recommend and would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by SallyB20

so I had been looking for a good eyelid primer is I wasn't so happy with my urban decay primer potion since it was so watery and hard to remove but anyway. I saw this at my local target and it was $1 I was already thinking it wouldn't work but I was like lets try this it wont hurt , I was so surprised how good this product is its a thin cream primer works amazing!!!!!! I use my index finger or a thin eye brush, once I apply all over my eyelid and press on it, I let it dry a few seconds and then apply my eye shadow. this makes my shadow stay on all day long and you cant go wrong with that the price, its like a big hello buy me it works! so far this is my new and best eyelid primer that works for me :))))

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by botanics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought ELF eye primer sounded too good to be true. But given the price and the reviews, I thought I'd give it a go. I got it, put it on. It spread beautifully. My eyeshadow looked lovely and even. And then my eyes started getting itchy and my lids started swelling. And yet another adventure ended in tears.

I know it wasn't my shadow, but to give ELF the benefit of the doubt, I tried it again today. I put it on, admired the consistency, felt my lids start to swell and my eyes start to itch...I whipped out the make up remover before the weeping began.

I don't know what caused the reaction. It's not heavily scented, which is what usually sets my allergies off, but something didn't work for me. I don't regret trying it (how could I at that price), but if you know you're sensitive to some make ups, you might want to give it a pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

I bought this bc ppl raved about how similar it was to the UD primer potion works wonders and its dirt cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being a makeup novice, I always wondered why my eyeshadow never stayed and then after a few youtube tutorials I realized I needed primer. I looked into UDPP and Two Faced Shadow insurance, and thought for the price? Um, no. So nabbed this from my local Target in Sheer for $1 and tried it on. I made the mistake of applying too much and my eyes looked a bit ashy, but to be fair I didn't have any foundation on and was just trying it out. Second time with makeup on, applied it with a light hand over my eyelid, let it sit, applied shadow and it was *much better*. It dried like a flash, was light, not sticky, oily or made my shadow crease. Everything went on like a dream and stayed on, even in this humid-ass Florida weather. I'm still blown away that something so awesome is so cheap, but there you go. I will definitely buy this primer again, oh yes.. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I have been experimenting with primers and not 100% happy with any. I tried this the other day, and as a change set it with powder, and my eyeshadow looked amazing all day. In Florida, in August. I wish it were one step but for $1 and lets be real, I'm setting my face with powder anyway, so I'll take it. It really worked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This product rises above all!! It comes in a tube with a wand applicator. I apply to my lid and spread the rest with my fingers. It glides on perfectly and dries super quick. My color is champagne and I love how it has a teeny tiny bit of glitter in it. Your eyeshadows apply super evenly and last all day long without smearing or smudging!! There is not a whole lot of product in the tube but for only ONE DOLLAR, I will keep buying this product over and over again!! It looks so pretty when u put it on that you could wear it all by itself for a natural and simple look as it has a bit of shimmer to it. There is no need to search high end counters for a great primer. This one is an A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I bought my Naked palette from Urban Decay I was excited to try their eyelid primer because I have heard so much about it. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed. So I decided to take a cheaper route and I found the ELF one and I love it! It is 1$. Cant beat that right? Right. And it lasts all day unlike how I found the UD one. Also it makes your eyeshadow more vibrant which is always a plus. It is a better product for a MASSIVE fraction of the cost. Ill use it everyday till I die.