October 21, 2014 | 1626 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good heavy duty concealer. I bought it to cover acne scars on my cheeks, and it works great for that. I apply it over my normal foundation, pat it on with a brush and then blend the edges with my fingertip. Set it with powder and this stuff does not budge.
I have used it under my eyes as well, I just moisturize, use a primer and apply a very thin layer of concealer, set it with powder and it doesn't settle into lines. If I want to be extra put-together, I'll apply a small bit of highlighting concealer over the Full Cover, then use powder. I use a very small line of concealer (maybe the length of my pinky nail) for my entire face, so it's a good value when you factor in the price.
I'm really glad I took the plunge on this concealer, it's expensive but entirely worth it for me. There's a really great color selection, usually I'm the 1st or 2nd lightest in face products but I'm #4 in this concealer. I'd absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for heavy concealing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

I need to find a perfect color match. I was using 10, but it's too light, since my skin has improved though, I really don't even need concealer. Anyway, this concealer has a great natural finish (except in flash photography!!) I like how easily blendable it is. It isn't the best for under eye circles, but I've yet to find a concealer That is, unfortunately, every concealer seems to settle into the lines beneath my eyes. Overall, this stuff is delightful, if you can find your color match. It lasts a long time, and you don't even really need to set it with a powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I have been using this for the past two or three years now. It was so hard for me to find something that looked natural and that did not break me out. This is the perfect concealer for concealing blemishes. It does all right with unevenness as well. I've never used it under the eye, and I know that personally I'd want something a bit more moisturizing for the under eye area if and when I get circles there. The thing I like about it is that it stays on all day, and it is so luminous. It doesn't look cakey or dry your skin out. It makes you look naturally radiant.

The only con is the price. Packaging is excellent. A little goes a long way.
For reference, I'm MUFE's HD foundation in 125, sometimes 123 in the winter months. I'm Mac's face and body in C2. In this concealer, I'm a 6.

VERDICT: If I could only have two makeup products, I'd pick this and a smudgy brown liner. It is one of the only makeup products (color or face) that I've stuck through the years with, and that is saying a lot for someone with acne-prone skin. There is a reason why this is my first review.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Eli703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrific concealer!!! Pricey, but a little goes a long way. I only use this product under my eyes and it covers my red areas. It tends to stick to my lines, but I use my fingers to blend maybe that is why. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by berke

I have some major acne scars and oily skin and this is the best concealer I have ever used even better than laura mercier secret camouflage! I have fair skin I am using the number 4 almost same with my skintone.It covers literally everything.this is one thick concealer (but easy to blend) so you need to moisturize your skin before putting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

CANNOT live without this item :]

it has such good coverage. not heavy. does not crease. and it's waterproof! one time, i went to great america with just the hourglass veil primer and this concealer (i have a lot of post acne hyperpigmentation), my face still looked like the way it was when i first it on, it did not come off despite all the water rides.

the only thing is i exaggerate pores a bit. i have pretty big pores on my cheeks under my eyes. when i use this as an undereye concealer, i blend it downward and it just makes those pores 10x more obvious.... ugh....

but afterall~ LOVE THIS, it's good investment even though it's expensive. one of these last me 1.5 year xD

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What would I do without this concealer? It stays on for 12+ hours and it doesn't smudge or make you break out! You can wear this to sleep and it still stays on perfectly well the next day and it will not have faded at all (okay maybe like 5% but still great!). One bottle lasts you months-years. I've had mine for so long and it's still full. You can wear this during summer, winter, windy days, rainy days, it sticks on like no other. I use to it cover my acne scars and pigmentation. Don't use it for your under eyes as it might make it look ashy. HG concealer, definitely!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer!
For a while I was only using powder foundations and my skin was always relatively clear, but for some reason I decided to try out liquid foundations and all these different kinds of face washes for like 2 years. Unfortunately, my curiosity of new cosmetics caused my skin to become really acne-prone. By that I mean that although my skin isn't consistently broken out, most products I try out on it breaks me out now when I used to be able to put whatever on it without the chance of clogged pores. After using all kinds of promising Asian BB Creams resulting to blackheads and clogged pores that seemed to never go away, tinted moisturizers that caused cystic acne, and all sorts of powder and liquid foundations from Sheseido (which used to be so great for my skin!) and Cover FX to Georgio Armani and Chanel, I decided to stop using foundation all together. I'd like to say that I stopped using makeup since then, but that'd be a huge lie. I picked up this concealer from my local Sephora and stopped using everything else; since then my skin has really cleared up!

PROS:

Doesn't break me out/clog pores
Enough coverage to cover dark scars and any active blemishes
Don't need a lot of product to get the job done
Highly pigmented
Stays put all day
Easy to use
Waterproof!
Buildable, but not cakey

CONS:

Harder to remove than non-waterproof concealers/foundations
Color Match (I have to mix #4 and #5 to match my NC 25 skin tone without having light or dark specks all over my face)

When I first started using this concealer I didn't like it because I thought it was breaking me out until I realized that I wasn't removing it properly and that my skin developed bad reactions to setting powder; since I've fixed these problems I've loved this product. I'd say it's my HG!

EDIT 7/24/13:
I have to take off a lippie because the lack of color-match can get pretty annoying in the morning. Like, if I only wear #4 I look terrible in flash photography with random white circles that cover my blemishes and if I only wear #5, I have muddy-orange discolorations in daylight. Combining the two of them is about the right color, but sometimes I can't help feeling like the two colors produce a slightly grey tint. I suppose the plus is that during summer it's simple to use slightly more of the darker concealer when I mix them and during the winter I squeeze out way more of the lighter color than the darker. At least I don't have to buy separate concealers for the change of weather. Wish more colors would come out!
On the other hand, the other day I wore just this concealer during an all-nighter with friends while sleeping in my car and walking around in the wind for a few hours. The result was that my face was still practically perfectly concealed in the morning and miraculously I didn't break out the next day!
Also, it's important to know for those with those tiny acne-pit scars or easily-clogged pores, you can't cake this concealer on those parts of your face or the concealer will sink into the pits and look pretty awful. You don't need to much of this for even the darkest or brightest red spots, so go easy on the cover-up :)
Oh hey another pro, I find that if I have a flaky blemish that just ends up looking more dry and flaky with powder foundation, this concealer is creamy enough to like moisturize the flakes away. This does a really good job at smoothing out dry spots on my face, but I'm sure it works differently on other people's skin.
EDIT 8/4/13:
So...when I wear just this concealer it generally doesn't break me out, BUT that's only if I don't cake it up! I have a bad habit of over-caking old acne scars and active blemishes with layers upon layers of my face makeup, and although it looks fine, my skin gets all suffocated and I get little groups of cosmetic breakouts that turn into whiteheads. I have like 5 small-things on my cheeks that are quickly going away, but still quite annoying, as well as 4 small cystic blemishes on my chin, though my hormones may have contributed to these and I'm not overly-concerned.
What I've leaned is that with ANY concealer or foundation, blush or bronzer, if you cake it up, it will break you out because the stuff is being compacted into your pores and gets gross. Also, either a acne-fighting moisturizer or primer is necessary if you're a blemish-prone face- makeup-wearing girl.
EDIT 8/10/13:
Man, I'm so indecisive. Bumping this back up to 5 lippies upon discovering the correct way to use Ciracle Deep Cleansing Oil, moisturizing more, and applying Urban Decay Primer before foundation and concealer so that I never have the acne pits showing & there is a barrier between my makeup and skin. No more zits at all with the use of Dior Nude foundation, better cleansing methods, more sleep, and primer!

EDIT 9/21/13:
Hate-love relationship with this stuff is pretty much over for good. I stopped using this, Dior foundation, and Urban Decay primer, replacing it with Korres yogurt primer and anti-aging concealer only. Since then, the cystic acne on my chin is gone and the clogged pores on my cheeks has dissipated. Marking this done from 5 to 2 lippies as I think the coverage can be super super awesome on this, blocking out all redness and dark spots from previous acne with layers, but it is so hard to completely remove this at night and whatever was in it my skin didn't especially like. I mean, I wear concealer or foundation as concealer every day and although wearing this once in a while is fine for my skin, a couple days' wear in a row of this concealer gives me all sorts of bad blemishes (same with my Dior foundation). All natural makeup products seem to agree with my face more for daily use.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer for covering blemishes (I haven't tried it for undereye circles since it's a matte concealer and my eye area is a tad dry).

It's not SUPER full coverage in my experience, for example, it has less coverage than my urban decay 24/7 concealer. I would say that it's a high-medium coverage concealer, which is generally more than enough for most people.

I'm a little bit darker than a MAC NC30 and I use this in shade 6 and 7 which I mix, 7 is a bit darker, and I'd say most girls around NC30 should be able to use it. The reason I have two shades is because I noticed this concealer can occasionally oxidize when I apply it to my bare skin and turn a bit darker/orangey, so I mix with the lighter shade to counteract this effect, I find though, when you use this over a foundation/bb cream it doesn't oxidize.

There are three things I love about this concealer: 1) It doesn't break out my very acne-prone skin 2) don't melt or transfer off my oily skin 3) looks very skinlike and noncakey.

I highly recommend this concealer for people who wish to cover up acne marks/blemishes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer is my HG. I avoided it for years because I wasn't paying attention. It's not the typical greasy tube concealer! It's not greasy, it's totally oil free and water/heat proof. It's FULL coverage and highly pigmented. Not the fake full coverage you often get. I don't know what these companies are thinking putting "full coverage" on their descriptions when it's usually just a light layer of colour/coverage.

This concealer also has perfect packaging. It doesn't pump out a set amount, too much or too little. You can perfectly squeeze as much or as little as want or need.

It *does* take some skill to apply. I use it everywhere (under eyes, on blemishes) with a primer underneath. It dries fast and hard and if you don't blend it you can make a mess. You need a quick hand and need to check your application but it's totally worth the effort. If you find it "ashy" under your eyes or anywhere else, you need a different shade.

On my NC20/25 skin I use shade #6.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No