April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not buy this based on reviews, I just decided to order it and give it a go. I always moisturize my eye area. I realized that this concealer needed to be blended immediately after moisturizing which is new for me. I have normal to slightly dry skin on a bad day and this would not stay under my eyes. Amazing for the first minute RIGHT after blending, if it could only stay like that for 8 more hours or so. It faded, clumping together in spots leaving a dry caked mess. It made my skin look rough and dry. I imagine if it did work for me, over time it would lead up to a very dry irritated under eye area becoming impossible to work with. I can rest assured this product has no way of working under the eye area where I really need concealer.

If you are looking for an under eye concealer and have a normal &/or dry under eye area do not bother with this option. No need to waste your money, I already have for you. ):

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by AngieTheBeautyGuru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer ever! I have oily skin and it blends smoothly and evenly and is great at covering acne scars and under eye circles! And a little goes a long way! It's perfect! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is definitely for blemishes, not for under the eyes. It is very drying, sometimes even too dry for my flakey healing blemishes! It lasts a long time and has excellent coverage, but you definitely need to take time to work with it in order to get the best result. It is not a 'slap on and go' kind of concealer. If you use too much or put too many layers of it, it WILL be cakey, or become cakey later on in the day. You literally need the TINIEST smudge of this to cover a blemish because it is so pigmented. You just have to blend it out well with your finger because it dries super fast as well. The tiniest smudge will give me medium coverage, another layer of it will give me full. If you have very very dark scars, this concealer might become too cakey by the time you layer enough on to completely cover them, so you definitely need to exercise control when you use this! If you have acne in large areas, this might not be the best despite the coverage. It could look cakey and unnatural if you slap it on over a large area. Spot concealing is what this is best for, imo. All in all, the great coverage and longevity is enough to make me consider repurchasing. I would recommend mixing it with a more emollient concealer/high coverage foundation (e.g. EL DW or Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation) to make it easier to blend without sacrificing its coverage/longevity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I cannot live without this concealer. This hides my acne scarring perfectly. It blends so nicely over my foundation or even just over my moisturizer. I have the shade 5 which is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin with super yellowy undertone.
This stays put all day and the packaging allows for you to control the exact amout you need.
This stuff is lasting me a super long time. I got this last june (or july, idk) and it is nowMarch and this tube seems almost half full. So the price is sooooo worth it.
I apply the tiniest dot on my finger and just tap on my scarring until blended and build up coverage if I need more.

I dont even wanna try out a other concealer because this is so great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by naddy14

I did some research on which would be the best full cover concealer. I needed something to cover my scars and dark circles. Finally I decided to get this. I must say this concealer really helps to hide my scars. You have to build it up slowly otherwise it will look a bit cakey. As for my undereyes, it's a little drying. It really helps to minimize the appearance of my dark circles but I have to apply on alot because I really have terrible undereye. But overall this is really good but im also looking out for cheaper dupes for this concealer. No necessarily really cheap, but just a little cheaper since this costs me sgd$51 .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good concealer, but as others have said before me, it is too drying to be used under the eyes. I have tried mixing it with numerous moisturizers and eye creams to help it apply more smoothly, but have found that unfortunately it doesn't mix well and the mixing also compromises the formula's opacity.

Another downside is that this is very expensive, especially for something I am unable to use as a dual purpose concealer for blemishes and the under-eye area.

Having said that, a tube of this does last a long time, especially as for blemish coverage you should only be using the tiniest amount to prevent caking. It does have good pigmentation and covers blemishes well, so if you were looking for something for spot coverage only I would recommend this.

However, if like me you have an extremely dark under-eye area, I would keep looking. It's just not something I can get excited enough about to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is it girls! The perfect concealer! I tend to have long days, so I need a concealer that will hold up on my oily skin, and this is it! After trying countless other concealers, nothing as impressed me as much as this.

First of all, the coverage is amazing. One layer covers my dark hyperpigmentation and my ghoulish under eye circles (thanks to my Mediterranean mom). Though this covers perfectly, it doesn't look or feel heavy or have a cakey texture like many full coverage concealers. I originally thought that I'd need to go for a creme concealer for full coverage, but this proved me wrong (the consistency is like a thick liquid).

Second of all, this concealer lasts and lasts. Like I said, I have oily skin. My foundation/powder will be gone by noon if I don't prime and use a setting mist, but this holds up. I've even worn this during intense sweat sessions at the gym and it's stayed flawless. How many products can you really say that for?

Now you would think that such a long-wearing, full-coverage concealer would break one out...But I have yet to develop a single zit from this. It is 100% non-comedongenic, so it's safe for even the most sensitive, acne-prone skin.

The only downfall of this concealer is that the shades seem to run a little pink (which sucks for us yellow toned girls). All of the yellow based shades were either too dark or too light for me, so I had to go with a cool color. I don't mind much though since this concealer blends well and I usually wear foundation overtop anyway.

As far as application goes? This concealer sets FAST. Instead of dabbing it over all of your blemishes, then blending each one, I recommend dabbing and blending over one imperfection at a time. MAC's new stippling version of the 217 brush (I forget the number) works well for blending this concealer, but my ring finger does the job fine most days.

One more thing! Though this concealer is quite pricey (I paid $36CAD), it's well worth it because it a) contains a ton of product and b) is heavily pigmented so you use very little per application. I have been using this concealer for six months and my tube is still going strong (and I'm a girl who uses a TON of concealer).

Now, this concealer dries to a matte, waterproof finish. If you're looking for something with illuminating qualities for under your eyes, this may not be hit. HOWEVER, I find that mixing it with a little liquid luminizer (I use NARS Copacabana) does the trick for waking up tired eyes.

I cannot recommend this product enough. 5/5!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by r8girl

This WAS my HG until I found Cover FX.

I was using this for like over a year and thought I had found the one. The only complaint I had was it made my eyes look a bit dry underneath. I have dark circles and this is the only area I need concealer for.

PROS: Lasted forever - a year and I used it everyday.
You can cut the tube to get every last drop out of the product

CONS:
It did cover circles, however not the best. My eyes felt old and it looked like the use of this concealer made me look older than I am just for the fact that it looked dry. If you are looking for smooth/ plumping effect this is not it. Even the sales rep at sephora agreed this one can be drying.

I thought I would try something else and moved on to Kat Von D tattoo concealer. Again, I thought this was great. Then I noticed underneath my eyes looked a bit dry / cakey.

Finally I tried Cover FX in deep. I was turned off at first, but this provides a creamier, plump-ier effect on my eyes and I look 23 again. I will never buy makeup forever concealer again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is one fantastic concealer. I'm Asian, around NC25, and I use #6. When I first got a sample from Sephora, I wasn't sure I liked it... it looked great in stores but I thought the coverage was too sheer once I got home. The other option suggested was Kat Von D's tattoo concealer, but their shades didn't match my skin tone and made it look like I had dirty smears on my face. As it turns out, I just wasn't applying it properly. Here are some tips regarding this concealer:

- The shades are numbered according to undertones, not necessarily darkness. For instance, 5 and 6 are basically the same darkness, but 5 is pink-toned while 6 is yellow-toned. #3 is actually lighter than #1. Get a store rep to help you match a shade, because unlike the multicoloured cream concealers out there, this one works best when it matches your skin exactly.

- I find that once you have a concealer that matches your skin (esp. your undertones) exactly, you don't have to worry too much about it looking cakey.

- It dries quickly, and the heat makes it dry even faster. So if you're going to squeeze out a bit and use a brush, squeeze it onto a mirror or some other surface, not the back of your hand. The heat from your hand will make it dry too quickly.

- If you're using fingers, dab it on and let it dry for 2 seconds, then start patting and evening it out. This concealer is full coverage, but it's not as thick as compact-style concealers like Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier, so it is possible to sheer it out to much.

- This concealer doesn't have any illuminating factors, so I don't find it useful for under eye.

And my favourite:

- You know those sponge tip applicators that come with eyeshadows that everybody just tosses out? Well the Sephora rep taught me that they're great for applying concealer! Just dab a bit of concealer on, and then press and roll onto your skin with the applicator. Flawless, non-cakey coverage! The applicator tips are the perfect size for acne scars and blemishes, and you won't sheer it out too much or leave streaks, which can happen with brushes.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into Sephora wanting to buy the Laura Mercier conceal for dark circles, but they were out of my colour. The Sephora rep told me to try the MakeUpForever concealer. Well I was definitely not sold! I explained to her that the skin under my eyes is dry and I needed something that won't look patchy or cakey on my skin, so she mixed the concealer with some MUF eye primer and applied. It STILL looked cakey, it definitely concealed the dark circles, but it looked dry and cakey- definitely a no no! I wore it for the rest of the day and was NOT happy! I obviously opted not to purchase this product since I can use my drugstore concealers, Maybelline or Hard Candy to do a much better job without look so cakey...I'm thinking of trying the Mac Pro-Long concealer now...still searching for my concealer HG....I will not be purchasing this product.