E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Packed in a stylish matte black screw top container, I do not use the puff but do keep it stored in the container to prevent the powder from flying everywhere when not in use. I used a flat top brush to lightly apply this white/translucent powder to my T-zone. It helped keep me shine free to some degree, but I think I may prefer Maybelline's Shine Free Loose Powder for now...still in search of a better drugstore loose powder product.

on 9/4/2013 3:04:00 PM

I have been using this for about 4 days now and I went by what the reviews said and I used very little but still gives me a ghost look. After about 4hrs my skin is starting to get greasy so it does not last long. The price is great but the product not so much. Maybe if I try mixing it in with some of my compact powder it may work better but alone I wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased it when ELF has the 50% off sale online. I use this lightly over my CG TM/BB cream. Seems to give off a cakey application though. I have not noticed any breakouts but it does provide a matte finish to my T-zone. It was $3 for a big product that I probably will not finish.

on 8/21/2013 9:33:00 PM

Okay this powder is great if your on a tight budget! It adds a nice finish to your foundation and helps to minimize pores etc. Its great for getting a matte finish and blotting away oil. You get a lot of product that will last you along time.This finish is really nice for what your paying for but it isn't like a high end powder. it gives you a classic pretty good finish. The cons are the powder doesn't last long. The packaging is a bit messy It does add a bit of a white cast to your face but it doesnt last long. Overall i like this product!<3

on 8/20/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love the product hate the packaging.

This product works the same like MUFE and MAC's Finishing powder but at $6 if you buy it online and wait for the sales it can be easily had for $3. Love this product I use it in white and would definetly like to try the yellow one. With the white one you really have to use very little and buff it into your skin. Use very little too much will leave a white cast and leave you looking Ghastly. There is a love for ELF and this finishing powder paired with the Studio Brush is a charm!

on 8/8/2013 2:44:00 AM

I do like this powder, and I use it all over for a matte look, or just in my t-zone and under my eyes for a more dewy one. Unfortunately, it's easy to get a bit cakey and powdery looking with my dry skin. I'm dry all over and very dry on my nose, and it can definitely look powdery if go overboard. That being said, I'm also not in love with the packaging. It a rather large black box, with the loose powder inside and a sifter. It's big and bulky and not easy to carry around, and the sifter is pretty useless. If you take out the powder puff like I did, the powder will go everywhere in the box and puff out at you when you open it. And the sifter has really large holes, and its hard to get the right amount of powder. There's also small chunks of powder, like not all of it was properly milled.

on 8/7/2013 9:08:00 PM

Yet another product I would never have tried had it not been for the unfailingly excellent advice from the people on this site! While I'm not an across the board product snob, I do tend to be picky when it comes to foundation and powder. Not anymore! So many others have articulated the merits of this, so I'll try not to be repetitive.

Some things I particularly like about this:

1) The consistency: This is so finely milled; it's almost lighter than the consistency of baking soda, which means it's perfect for setting concealer. There's no danger of it settling into fine lines or appearing chalky. It actually reminds me of the setting powder in Laura Mercier's Undercover Pot (which is far more expensive than this). I've not tried it as a thickener for lashes before applying mascara, but I suspect it'd be perfect for that, too.

2) The fact that it truly is sheer. I like the consistency of Neutrogena's mineral powder, but I can't find a shade that matches my skin. That's not a problem with the E.L.F., as it's so fine that it dissipates into skin.

My only criticism would be with the packaging - while I do like the utility of the solid black box, trying to turn the square, chunky lid is a bit awkward. At the risk of sounding prissy, I swear I've nearly broken a nail twice on this thing. :o)

All that said: Great product, great value. Thanks again, MUA reviewers!

on 7/23/2013 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a HG product for me! Works wonderfully! Feels so good on my face. Also a great setting powder for Concealer.

on 7/15/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe how long lasting the E.L.F HD Studio Powder. It definitely beats Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish powder by a tenfold.

Let's go the packaging first.
It is sturdy yet bulky. It doesn't have any whimsical designs..it's just a solid black box with a label on top. It is impossible to stash it inside your everyday cosmetic pouch because of it's big and angular shape.

Quality:
It is definitely long lasting! I have combination to oily skin, combination on cold weather and oily skin in hot weather, and astounds me that it lasting half a day without touch up. Despite my hectic schedule, running to and fro from air conditioned room to the natural environment with sweat dripping. It stayed put like an obedient dog.

Unlike Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish powder, it doesn't settle down on large pores. It somehow make the face smooth and soft with minimized pores.

PS. This is the first time I gave a 5 star to a product so that means I'm definitely impressed by this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading all of the great reviews about ELF's HD powder, I had to try it for myself...after all, what's the most that I'd lose--$6 and an hour in Target? So why not?

The reviews are spot-on. This is a great setting powder. Coverage is light, not cakey or chalking. It goes on smoothly and blends wonderfully. It feels light and silky on my skin; I don't feel--or look--like I slapped on a whole bunch of powder. It sets my foundation without adding additional color, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Oil control is fair, but keep in mind that this isn't specifically billed as an oil-control product, so if you're very oily this might not work for you. I alternate using this with my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

My only complaint is the packaging. Yes, it's large which is nice as you're getting a lot of product for your money. The large lid is also great for swirling the brush in and tapping off the excess. However, the screen lets out the product too easily (a complete 180 from Tarte's one-hole powder dispenser). So it's easy for too much powder to end up on your brush or puff. I don't use the puff for applying the product; I use it to keep the powder in place when I travel. I use ELF's Kabuki brush (another awesome product) to apply the powder.

I will definitely repurchase this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials