October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

PROS:
-Packaging is cute(not important, i know)
-Lengthens pretty well
-Washes off easily
-Dark pigment
-Brush isnt HUGE like they make it out to be
-Works a bit better when paired up w/ a different mascara
-When it dries it doesn't feel too hard and crunchy
-Better results when used w/ a mascara shield.

CONS:
-No "Max Volume" about it, i layered about 4 coats and still not a lot of volume
-Formula is very wet. So its hard to build up layers, you have to wait a while in between coats cuz it stays wet for a while
-Brush is kinda big, not as big as they make it seem from the packaging but it is slightly big and it makes a very mess application
-Sense the formula is more on the wet side it tends to smudge and clump your lashes together if you touch them.
-Smell can slightly sting my eyes sometimes
-Better results when used w/ a mascara shield.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by canadienne91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I read in a magazine that it gives the effect of false lashes with just one coat. I was definitely fooled! The formula is extremely clumpy and the brush is too big to get into the inner lashes. It stays wet for a long time after application and flakes like crazy throughout the day. The scent is also very strong and gives me a headache. I know, all mascaras smell bad but this one is just way too strong. The only good thing that I can say about it is that it's really black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. It doesn't do anything too dramatic, but it does add a lot of volume to my lashes without weighing them down, flaking, or smudging. It is also very dark, which I wasn't expecting. The packaging is adorable! It removes easily with olive oil, and I never have any mascara left on my face. This makes my lashes look really, really pretty but not overdone, nothing crazy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

This is just a so-so mascara. What I don't like is the brush. The brush looks like it would be amazing at first but then you use it. The bristles are aligned in "strips" down the brush. It isn't like a spooley brush at all. These "strips" cause there to be gaps between each set. I use this in conjunction with another mascara. By itself it doesn't do anything besides make my lashes dark. :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the first Rimmel mascara that does not disappoint me. Glam Eyes was useless.

Pros: gives me volume,seperate & define my lashes. very black color.
i like the brush,not huge like it would stick to your eyeball. does not smudge. it's clump-free on my lashes too.

Cons: does not curl that well.

Price: reasonable,or i would even say cheap. i buy it when it's 20% off.

Packaging: hot pink tube! love it. it's just adorable.

Still can't beat my Maybelline Volume Express WP tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved what this mascara did for my lashes, it made them darker, held a curl, didn't clump and gave some volume. My only complain is that it smudges and flakes a bit, giving me raccoon eyes :( not a look I like. I said I wouldn't repurchase only because I'm still looking for a good mascara that won't smudge on me but I might repurchase it again just not anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueen9002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good at first, but it doesnt hold a curl on me, flakes and wasnt even noticable after a few hours. Clumped ridiculously. Will not re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyishealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara was okay for the first few wears, but after a couple of days, it started flaking so badly that it became completely unusable. It dried up so quickly! Avoid this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I'm bummed, I was so excited to try this mascara b/c I love volume. Its just too wet for me and little bit clumpy. I think if the tube wiped more off the brush it would be better....just too much product there for a neat application. It does give volume but the cons are enough to make me not want to buy again. I'll be sticking to my Glam Eyes instead of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by hardouthereforachimp

So I bought this yesterday and wore it for a party the same day. It doesn't clump, flake, or smudge. At all. I actually fell asleep with this on and it's still only on my lashes!
Minus one lippie, though, since it doesn't really add any length (I guess it's not supposed to since it's a volumizing mascara) and could be more dramatic.

Would I rebuy this? Hmm...yes, if it came with a free eyeliner again :p