November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really beautiful color, but application was a little tricky. I felt like the lacquer was a little too thick, but that's common of pastel shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I was on the hunt for a mint polish. I was deciding between Revlon's Minted or Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but decided on Essie after reading Revlon's Minted reviews. This polish is more aqua than mint, the green hues are quite faint in this which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Formula wasn't too sheer, two coats was enough to see an opaque colour. Last's fairly well, it's been almost one week of wear and I just started to notice some chipping near the tips. (this is without a top coat on).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by iluvvader9

I had high hopes for this nail polish but like others have said, the color isn't so true to it's name. I was hoping for a more greenish mint hue, but it turned out to be more blue/turquoise. As others have mentioned, I too found that the formula was INCREDIBLY hard to work with. It was streaky, thick, gloopy and just overall hard to control and to apply. I find myself hesitating when I reach for this color. It's hard to get an even application with this color and I was shocked b/c I'm a huge Essie fan and none of my other colors were hard to apply. So I find that the Essie pastel/creamy colors are pretty gloopy/streaky, whereas the non-creamy colors are okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by desirae2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love love love this color!! When i get tan in the summer it looks really good on my toes. I get more compliments on this color than any color i own. Guys have stopped to say they like my nail polish color. I think that speaks for itself.

The first coat can be a little streaky but the second coat goes on opaque. I am half way though the bottle and will definitely be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I love the colour of this polish, but I am not crazy about the formula. This polish is very streaky, but with two or three coats it will be opaque. The major problem I had with it, was drying time. I would put this on and then drying drops and then wait a good 15 minutes before adding another coat. When I put my topcoat on, it started to pull the other polish. I will have to experiment with it more, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by twentytwenty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite polish color to date--very flattering, more of a robin's egg blue than a mint green. Perfect with every skin tone. The formula needs improvement, though. It's gloppy and I find it difficult to get a smooth finish on every nail. Full coverage in two coats. Small chips after two or three days. I suggest a base coat, since the polish tends to yellow my nails a bit. Even with its fair share of downsides, I am a huge fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Cat0727

Oh. Em. Gee. I LOVE this color. It's a color that would look good on all skin types. Perfect for any season! I didn't have a problem with the polish streaking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Essie usually takes a couple coats to apply an some start out streaky but, it always goes opaque after at two coats. I think it is worth it because it isn't a nail polish that chips easy it really does last. Plus this color is just freaking gorgeous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with pretty much everything the previous reviewer said about this polish and Essie in general. I *love* the color of MCA - it's a pastel aqua blue green. It really does remind me of the green of mint chocolate chip ice cream. But I can't abide the streaky, gloopy formula. I have not had the best of luck with Essie polishes in general (and I've tried many colors, having the best luck with the darker shades and Mademoiselle) and MCA is another example of why. I just think they are overpriced and very hit or miss as far as quality (much more so than OPI or China Glaze imo). I will keep trying different colors since I have discovered a few gems in the line, but this one is going up for swap.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a neutrals girls but something abt this blueish-minty-green really drew me in. Part of me doesn't like it bc its too flashy and stark against my skin, part of me loves it for that exact reason. It's a really unique and fun color.

HOWEVER, the application is a bit of a nightmare. As much as I want to be happy with this purchase, I can't be! It's just SO high maintenance. It takes so much work to get it to apply even and look neat. If I wipe off the excess it becomes too thin and streaky looking but if I don't it starts gooping up and dripping everywhere. Too much gets on the nail and it's a huge mess. It gets all over my cuticles. To add insult to injury, it chips within 2 days. It's pretty much up there, in terms of terrible consistency, with Essie's Van'dgo which I think is the worst Essie polish I've even purchased. Unless you're an expert @ applying nailpolish or really have a lot of patience, I recommend you not buy this color.
Essie is SO hit and miss for me in terms of quality. Wish I could return it but instead It's sitting in my nailpolish box taking up space and collecting dust. REGRET.