Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

on 9/28/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Like nearly half the women here, I was not impressed with my Outlast lipstick.
It's very flaky and it crumbled off my lip unevenly. When those two things happen, it looks like the skin on your lips is flaking off and then it's just a trouble to get it all off especially if you're at work or out shopping and you don't have make up remover to remove it all off properly.
I found that the L'oreal Endless Kissable was the best long wearing lipstick for me. Unfortunately they have discontinued that line in Canada...

on 9/7/2008 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wish there was a "maybe" category for whether you'd buy again or not. I've said that several times in reviews...MUA...perhaps add a "Maybe" category??? CVS had a sale -- BOGF. I bought the Outlast and the Outlast Gloss (another review). The Outlast comes in two's....the color and then a stick of balm. I "think" I bought this in a color called "Blossom"...maybe, that might have been the lipgloss. I would like to be more specific but the bottom of the tube only says "543" and if there's a color name on there, my eyes, plus my reading glasses, couldn't see it. I threw away the box. It's a really pretty mauve color and I have worn this about 3 times this week. What you do is typical with all of these long wearing lippies...you apply, and let dry...do not rub your lips together. I mess with my hair while waiting for the stuff to dry which is within a minute or so. There is ONE thing I like about his and TWO things I don't. The one thing I do like is that this is a very pretty color and it lasts (oh, I guess that's 2 things)...oh yeah, it lasts a good 8 hours. When I get home from work, it takes eye makeup remover to remove it. What I don't like is that by the time I get home from work, I feel an impulse to wipe this from my lips ASAP!!! Yeah, it's drying. The other thing I don't like is the 2 tubes. I mean, come on....other brands have managed to put this in one tube on either end...heck, they do it with their own lip gloss! So, I have to tote the 2 tubes instead of just 1. Even though I am on the fence, I will probably buy again because there's a coupon in the paper for BOGF. I like freebies. :) But, I don't think it's the best lippie I've ever tried, no matter what Queen Latifah says.

on 8/31/2008 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I can't stand this one. Dries my lips out like mad, gets flaky, and, as another reviewer said, crumbly. It's a fight to get the stuff off. The only good thing about this product is the gloss.

on 8/18/2008 4:50:00 PM

First of all let me say that I really love wearing longwear lipcolors; my lips are very pale and look awful with nothing on. As with any longwear lipcolor this one is drying; all brands seem to be though so I won't judge it for that. While this is an ok inexpensive option for a longwear color I won't be re-purchasing. My problem with this longwear is that it doesn't wear off evenly (even when gloss is applied regularly over it) also, if you don't use the topcoat they package with the product and use a gloss that is more moisturizing it wears off quite quickly. I like the Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer better but even that does not seem to wear evenly, especially in the brighter colors. I will move on to MAC Pro Longwear after hearing so many good things and hopefully more $$ will mean better product!

Pros: Inexpensive. Nice color selection.
Cons: Doesn't wear evenly. Wears quickly with moisturizing gloss.

on 8/17/2008 6:46:00 PM

This product really does stay put, doesnt get on your teeth AND, has some very nice colors. Unfortunately it also has to be applied with this fat wand and if you are in a hurry, you might end up looking like the joker, for the whole day because it will stain your lip and everything else immediately. It constantly has to be pampered because it drys out your lips and flakes... Its shocking to check it out at the end of the day. It looks like some kind of disease on your lips. If you mess up putting it on, its like impossible to get it to blend with a new layer especially if you already put the moisturizer on before realizing the problem. Impossible to "scrap off" and fix.

on 8/16/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years in many colors. I love how the color truly lasts all day - if you apply when your lips are dry, and wait for the color to dry before the top coat, it will last a good 10-12 hours. It does dry lips somewhat but I am a blistex junkie anyway so I just apply that as needed through the day. The one complaint I have is you can't really retouch the color without it looking crumbly on your lips, but if it's applied right you shouldn't need to touch up during the day. Overall I love this product and use it every day!

on 8/2/2008 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using Outlast for years and am quite happy with it. The color lasts all day on me. I find that it does dry out lips a little, but that is the nature of long-lasting lipcolor, and it helps if you reapply the topcoat periodically. I do find that I run out of topcoat faster than the color, so maybe Covergirl could put more of it in the tube. Price-wise, it is costly, but I always stock up when it is 40% off.

For those having trouble taking it off, I have found that silicone hair serum works best. A lot easier than baby oil or makeup remover.

on 7/7/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it! I usually shell out the $25 for the Lancome Juicy Wear. For $3.50 (was on sale at CVS), I'm an Outlast convert. I like that you can apply the color lightly or heavily. The gloss has a nice fruity smell. Best of all, it stays on all day!

on 5/7/2008 4:25:00 PM

This has been my HG lip color for years! I don't like the Smoothwear version as the color doesn't last nearly as long as the regular Outlast. Definitely stays on ALL DAY! I do have to re-apply the top coat periodically, but since I know the color is always there, I don't mind (can do on the fly w/ no worries.) Would be nice if the 2 products were in 1 package, but since the color does stay on me all day and into the evening, I only take the topcoat w/ me (have several lying around) so really, I only carry 1 product anyway. Since I have to use makeup remover to remove my waterproof mascara, its no addt effort to take 1 extra swipe to get this stuff off my lips. Am concerned that now w/ the change in packaging (my stuff is in blue containers and I see they have changed to either white or clear lids/tops - can't recall) that they may have changed the colors too - haven't bought my HG Naturalast since packaging change, but did look at it in store - seems to be a different shade w/ the same name. Guess I will have to experiment when the time comes to purchase again.

I am NC 15 - 20; Fairly Light in EM; lightest or 2nd lightest in most ds foundations. Colors that look good w/ my skintone: #545

on 5/2/2008 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm kind of torn on this product... I can not stand the actual lipstick... But am in LOVE with the gloss. Would buy the entire kit again solely for the gloss, however, the gloss now can be bought separately. I do not like the packaging, because it is easy to get the two tubes separated or misplace one. The lipstick flakes very easily if you're not reapplying the gloss every few minutes. I give it credit though, because it does actually stay... Maybe a little too much. Overall, not a great product.

Popular Lipsticks