September 30, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm kind of torn on this product... I can not stand the actual lipstick... But am in LOVE with the gloss. Would buy the entire kit again solely for the gloss, however, the gloss now can be bought separately. I do not like the packaging, because it is easy to get the two tubes separated or misplace one. The lipstick flakes very easily if you're not reapplying the gloss every few minutes. I give it credit though, because it does actually stay... Maybe a little too much. Overall, not a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by squirtle78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: Does what it says it will do. This stuff has maximum staying power. Eat, drink, play, even sleep in it if you want to. Will not come off.

CONS: Removal. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to come off with anything other than baby oil. Also, it is a two part lipstick, and it would be very easy to lose the gloss part. Colours hard to see unless you open up the box. Product dries a slightly different colour than in the tube.

OVERALL: My HG lipstick when I go out for a night on the town or for whenever I need that extra mileage out of a lipstick. Too drying for daily use. Excellent product! (Although it needs to come in a nice dark red without frost) Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by resph99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love the colors and the staying power. i love the look on my lips but i wish the packaging was better. something that would fuse the 2 products together.......

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kcarney

I bought this in Berry preserve and I too find it a bit drying. I also don't like the two seperate tubes. L'Oreal's Infalliable is much better plus the tubes are in one compact which keeps them together and easier to find in my overloaded makeup bag! Probably wouldn't buy this again unless they improve it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by celueste

I really like this product. The colors are rich and they've outlasted any other lipstick I've tried. Yes, without the moisturizing topcoat the colour will be sticky. That's why they include it in the package. I also find it a bit volumizing as well. Overall, a nice product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Peaches27

Yucko, I HATE this stuff. I forgot my makeup bag at home and I had this stuff on my desk from a while ago but never used it.
So...first off, it smells then i applied it and it felt tight and gross.
Well, trying to take it off now and I can't get it off. My lips look shriveled up and have a greyish cast to them. Even tried with soap.
In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a definite improvement on the long wearing lipsticks I have tried before, but it did not go on smoothly for me. I didn't like the slick greasy feel of the top coat, but I must admit it stayed on all day long. I got #300 which is a light mauvey color and it really is beautiful. Had I not tried Maybelline's SuperStay lipcolor, I would probably reconsider Outlast and keep using it until I finished the tube;however, Maybelline goes on much smoother for me.

One thing I did do, was try using different glosses I already had instead of the top coat and the color of the gloss seemed to liven up the Outlast Color and that was a plus for me. One of the glosses that worked well for me was L'Oreals lipgloss in "Cherry on Top" and it made the Outlast a pretty cherry/mauve color which was an improvement for me from just the top coat that comes with the Outlast. All in all this is a good product and worth trying, but just not my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by PincurlsNPearls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally wanted to try Outlast because I love red lipstick, but never wear it due to the smearing problem while eating, etc. I don't care for the red shades available, none are really a blue-based red that I prefer for my cool skin tone, but now that the line is being re-done and the orignal is being clearanced out, I decided to grab a few colors a try them out.
Overall, I LOVE this stuff. For the reviewers who complain of dryness, I can't say I have had the same problem. It does feel different than regular lipstick, but I wouldn't say dry is the right word to describe it. This is not like putting a regular creme-type lipstick on, where it stays "wet". This is more akin to putting real paint on your lips that dries within a few minutes, and now you have a dry coat of paint on your lips, which you moisturize with the clear topcoat that is included. It is a unique feeling, but I have never found it uncomfortable.
As for the performance, it really does what it says! The first shade I used was the Ever-Redy, and it was a good test because with that bright of a shade I was really able to see how well it was staying on. Let me put it this way- I applied it around noon on Christmas day, wore it all day without any wear-off, and even slept with it on! When I woke up there were some flakies on the inner corners of my mouth, but that was it!
I am sooo glad that I bought more shades now that they are dicountinued, I never wore "color" lipsticks before due to the annoying wear-off. I just stuck to "my lips but better shades" that wouldn't really show if it smeared a bit or rubbed off in places. Now I am enjoying wearing actual color!
*Note- this review is for the original Outlast, not the Doubleshine, the Smoothwear, or the new (reformulated? just repackaged/new shades?) Outlast.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ginnylavender

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't last on me, especially compared to the Maybelline--see review. However, the colors are softer and I like them better. I keep both of these lipcolors on hand, and sometimes put the Cover Girl over the Maybelline. The little case containing the color and the balm is great. I wish all lip colors were packaged that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product, as I use it almost daily. My HG is pink pearl-which, as the name states, imparts a pearly pink. As another reviewer stated, you have to be careful not to apply too much, as it can be quite clumpy; like wet concrete. I don't use the topcoat, as I find it doesn't help with moisturizing. It only breaks up the lip-color, making it gritty. If you decide to use Outlast, I recommend pealing the color off at the end of the day, and moisturizing like crazy. It can dry and crack your lips. Overall, a decent product that saves you from incessantly reapplying.