July 31, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by celueste

I really like this product. The colors are rich and they've outlasted any other lipstick I've tried. Yes, without the moisturizing topcoat the colour will be sticky. That's why they include it in the package. I also find it a bit volumizing as well. Overall, a nice product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Peaches27

Yucko, I HATE this stuff. I forgot my makeup bag at home and I had this stuff on my desk from a while ago but never used it.
So...first off, it smells then i applied it and it felt tight and gross.
Well, trying to take it off now and I can't get it off. My lips look shriveled up and have a greyish cast to them. Even tried with soap.
In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a definite improvement on the long wearing lipsticks I have tried before, but it did not go on smoothly for me. I didn't like the slick greasy feel of the top coat, but I must admit it stayed on all day long. I got #300 which is a light mauvey color and it really is beautiful. Had I not tried Maybelline's SuperStay lipcolor, I would probably reconsider Outlast and keep using it until I finished the tube;however, Maybelline goes on much smoother for me.

One thing I did do, was try using different glosses I already had instead of the top coat and the color of the gloss seemed to liven up the Outlast Color and that was a plus for me. One of the glosses that worked well for me was L'Oreals lipgloss in "Cherry on Top" and it made the Outlast a pretty cherry/mauve color which was an improvement for me from just the top coat that comes with the Outlast. All in all this is a good product and worth trying, but just not my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by PincurlsNPearls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally wanted to try Outlast because I love red lipstick, but never wear it due to the smearing problem while eating, etc. I don't care for the red shades available, none are really a blue-based red that I prefer for my cool skin tone, but now that the line is being re-done and the orignal is being clearanced out, I decided to grab a few colors a try them out.
Overall, I LOVE this stuff. For the reviewers who complain of dryness, I can't say I have had the same problem. It does feel different than regular lipstick, but I wouldn't say dry is the right word to describe it. This is not like putting a regular creme-type lipstick on, where it stays "wet". This is more akin to putting real paint on your lips that dries within a few minutes, and now you have a dry coat of paint on your lips, which you moisturize with the clear topcoat that is included. It is a unique feeling, but I have never found it uncomfortable.
As for the performance, it really does what it says! The first shade I used was the Ever-Redy, and it was a good test because with that bright of a shade I was really able to see how well it was staying on. Let me put it this way- I applied it around noon on Christmas day, wore it all day without any wear-off, and even slept with it on! When I woke up there were some flakies on the inner corners of my mouth, but that was it!
I am sooo glad that I bought more shades now that they are dicountinued, I never wore "color" lipsticks before due to the annoying wear-off. I just stuck to "my lips but better shades" that wouldn't really show if it smeared a bit or rubbed off in places. Now I am enjoying wearing actual color!
*Note- this review is for the original Outlast, not the Doubleshine, the Smoothwear, or the new (reformulated? just repackaged/new shades?) Outlast.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ginnylavender

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't last on me, especially compared to the Maybelline--see review. However, the colors are softer and I like them better. I keep both of these lipcolors on hand, and sometimes put the Cover Girl over the Maybelline. The little case containing the color and the balm is great. I wish all lip colors were packaged that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product, as I use it almost daily. My HG is pink pearl-which, as the name states, imparts a pearly pink. As another reviewer stated, you have to be careful not to apply too much, as it can be quite clumpy; like wet concrete. I don't use the topcoat, as I find it doesn't help with moisturizing. It only breaks up the lip-color, making it gritty. If you decide to use Outlast, I recommend pealing the color off at the end of the day, and moisturizing like crazy. It can dry and crack your lips. Overall, a decent product that saves you from incessantly reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

God this stuff is lame. I bought it in a shade that looked like a dark red, then when i opened it, it was 5 times lighter, like the worse red that no skin tone can pull off. Just all sorts of bad. I got this for my wedding but im glad I tested it before the actual day. Back to target it went.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes when buying this product. I would love to find a lipcolor to last during the workday, but this did not work at all. It dried my lips out too much and I was reapplying the topcoat like every 10 minutes. Also, the color would flake off my lps and accentuate every line on my lips. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I've tried every brand of permatone lippie there is, over the past several months it's clear that Outlast is my favorite. I've stocked up on 8 shades and it's all I wear on days I'm with my toddler girl (who loves to touch my mouth). Note I did not give it 5 lippies-- because every permatone there is has the problem of just feeling a bit unnatural on the lips. Sure, there's a moisturizing topcoat, but it sits on top of the layer of paint and isn't nearly as soothing as, say, a standard gloss or balm.

Outlast comes in a nice variety of colors, and I like that the paint portion is clear so you can see the actual product shade. I hear CG is completely revamping the product in January, FYI. My faves are My Papaya (soft peachy pink--not orangey as the name would suggest); Timeless Ruby (neutral deep berry); Ever Red-dy (vivid '40s blue-red); and Canyon (medium warm mocha--deeper than YLBB).

For me, Outlast has the right combination of color selection, easy-to-use color applicator, good-quality topcoat (I hate those greasy liquid glosses that stray outside the lipline), and longevity (I can wear even deep colors for 8 hours with no wear at all, even with lunch at Subway-- 12 hours with slight flaking and peeling). Yes, you will still get the ring-around-the-lips effect if you have a very oily meal-- but that's true of all of them and it's quickly remedied with a targeted re-application.

I will admit it's a pain to have the products packaged separately. There's no reason not to do a double-barreled approach a la Maybelline Superstay.

**2 tips on Outlast:

1) E-tailers on eBay sell it for much less than in the store. You can get Outlast for $4-$7 on eBay-- or, if you're willing to gamble on a pack of assorted shades, they're each about $2.

2) To make removal easy, apply a thick coat of Vaseline or regular oil-based lip balm and go about your business for 30 minutes or so. Now wipe firmly with a tissue.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by yaitza

I don't like this lipstick. It dries my lips even when I apply the balm every 30 mins. It didn't last like it was suppose, and it starts fading from the interior of my lips to the front making them look ugly.