October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 1:49:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I own the clear and red Kiss Me lip balms in the jar. I've also recently acquired red and pink in the tube.
These are pretty expensive buys. $15 each for .5 oz, so I would check with your pals or see if there's a store selling philosophy and try it out before you splurge.
The jars with screw top lids make them sort of hard to transport, because they are about the size of three stacked oreos, which is why I got the tubes.
The red and clear scent is sort of citrus-y. Tangarine/orange/kiwi are the most common reactions. The pink has a gentle menthol tingle and smells minty. It doesn't taste fruity or sweet or, just 'balmy'-ish.
It is not goopy/waxy/sticky, but more slick and almost runny feeling on the lips (though it never does run off, it just feels that way - boyfriend votes this slipperiest kiss) and it leaves a very shiney, glossy finish. After the balm sinks in lips are very soft and supple feeling.
The clear has a very fine shimmer in it, which enhances the glossy look. The red has no shimmer, but has a very pretty bitten look. The pink is a bit frosty.
I like to use these as a gloss with the added perk that they're very good for my lips. I really don't think of them as a "balm." Very highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this balm because it is so moisturizing and therapeutic, but the taste is really medicinal and just...icky. I tend to not use it beacause of the taste. If they made it fragrance-free, I would be back on board.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by krrilo

I have the Sugar Cookie Kiss Me and is it yummy! It has a hint of shimmer and last a long time. I understand they only sell it at Christmas so bought two!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sadistic_cookie666

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is great over or under lipsticks but not as a balm. I feel that it did not provide ample moisture. I did like that it wasn't thick or sticky and the kiwi scent and flavor was nice. It won't, however, be replacing my favorite drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by manda822

I loved this lip balm, it didnt' taste bad and it gave my lips a nice berry tint. It kept my chapped lips very well moisturized and a little goes a long way!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by hoarder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

was going to buy this but i didn't like the smell at all.good thing i didn't purchase coz from what i read here it's not worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by IrisLA

I have kiss me red. It is merely OK. The color hardly shows. I do not find that it's very moisturizing. What I do like is that it's not sticky or gooey. It's just a nicer and way more expensive version of Vaseline. Because the pot is so big, I don't want to carry it around in my purse. Will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I bought this before I found Red and the peppermint versions. Nice, but I prefer the other two since they lend a hint of color, and this one doesn't. Great lip balm, and well worth the price compared to other lip balms I've tried, but I just prefer a little color to help me out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Justinemac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the untinted version of the tube and I really like it. It has a very nice scent and it moisturizes well. I alternate this with Smith's Rosebud Salve, but I prefer Philosophy's packaging. Works very well as a daytime lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 5:57:00 PM More reviews by browneyedbaby

I love this. Its very moisturizing and it lasts a pretty long time. You just need the tiniest bit to cover the lips. It has a pleasant citrusy (lemon) smell too. I have the kiss me lip balm in red also and it leaves just a beautiful natural tint to my lips. You also get a huge amount for the price. Love this!