April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Living Doll

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shade along with Honeymoon caught my eye and for the price, and at walmart nonetheless I decided to pick it up. I remember when people purchased this brand at places like Bloomingdales and paid something like $15 for nailpolish. I am glad that they have become more accessible. This shade looked like a really nice alternative to some of the Mac mineralize blushes. Unlike the honeymoon which i use more as a highlighter, this is a nice cool toned shimmery pink. I use this sparingly and sometimes pair it with a creme colored blush underneath and this acts as shimmer/highlight and to set it. I would repurchase this shade or try others in this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOL at the review a few down from me because yes, I too remember when Hard Candy was a high-end brand like Urban Decay and sold at Sephora. Those days have been reformulated and repackaged into the brand it is now at Wal-Mart, which believe me, took some getting used to after paying $35 for a 4-pan e/s palette and in the mid $20 range for blushes. This lovely color is not nearly as scary on as it looks in the pan; it's a lovely pale cool shimmery pink color, and a good dupe for MAC Porcelain Pink MSF. I am addicted to blushes and highlighters (much like a bird, shiny things distract me) but was hesitant to try the "new" HC, not having the best luck with the originals. I swapped for this and Honeymoon at first, then went out and got the other two (Bombshell and Pin Up) along with the Tiki bronzer. I am quite pleased with HC's rebirth. Their blushes (which I really use as highlighters, save for Bombshell which I use as a bronzer, unlike Tiki which isn't really a bronzer but a highlighter.... yeah. The brand has a few misnomers or growing pains, perhaps?.) have become permanent part of my go-to collection because they are nearly impossible to overdo into clown-cheeks territory, and these far exceed both their price and the packaging (read: cheap). My only complaint, if I have one beyond the cheesy packaging, is how fragile they are meaning I don't travel with them for fear of breakage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

This is my favorite drugstore blush. The color looks kinda scary in the pan (it's so bright!) but applies as a very pretty pink on the cheeks. There is a pretty good amount of product, I've had mine since the summer and it seems like I've just started to make a dent in it. The pigmentation is pretty good, you can build it to how bright you want it, or keep it subtle. It's finish is somewhat shimmery, but it's not overwhelming. It hasn't ever broken me out either, which is nice. I like it, I'd certainly recommend it for anyone's makeup collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by exoticbarbie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

You get what you pay for. :[

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by preciousbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always past Hard Candy cosmetic everytime when i go to walmart because the packaging looks like its for little girls. Heard some youtube guru talking about it and just thought i give it a try and look at what they have. They're pretty pricey, but the blushes are huge. There was some mini ones together in a pack. Blush, eyeshadow, primer and illuminator for 8buck, and other ones, but the bright pink blush caught my eyes and i thought i should try out the small ones to give it a try if i like it. I love, love, love the blush. At first, it scares me cause' its so shimmery. but when i putted it on my cheeks, it gives me a nice subtle pink glow, love it. I would totally repurchase it, but sadly, everytime i go and look for the full size one, its always out of stock. xd. the only turn off is, why the packaging look so kiddish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey remember when Hard Candy was a high-end brand? Anyway, I like this blush. It provides about as much shimmer-glow, as you can do with out looking ridiculous. You get a lot of product for the price, and although it doesn't have a huge color pay off, it works nice as a subtle glow, or to add a little more dimension to a matte blush. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Love love love this blush! It is definitely a favorite. I picked this up at Walmart because the Hard Candy packaging caught my eye (so cute!) and this color was so pretty! I don't see cotton candy pink blushes like this too often and see more muted pinks, rosy pinks, or pinks that are this color but too light to even show up.

First off, the color is wonderful! Yes it looks pretty bright in the packaging, like bright cotton candy or Barbie pink, but you can definitely get a soft look from it. I don't need to swirl my blush brush on it much to get the right amount and it looks pretty and soft. You can layer on more for an intense look if you are going for that. The blush goes on nicely, not chalky or too powdery. It's all good!

You get a generous amount in the packaging. I think this blush will last me a long time. It's a dome shaped blush, not a flat blush in a compact, so there is lots to use. You definitely get your money's worth.

I don't have anything negative to say about this blush. I have bought a few other colors from the line, but this one is by far my favorite. The other ones I have actually do not show up a lot on me, but add a little bit of shimmer, which still looks nice. I use NARS Orgasm blush a lot, but Living Doll looks awesome with cool makeup colors, like a silver eyeshadow for example, or a smoky eye.

If you are thinking about it, buy it! I love it and will definitely repurchase when I run out... no doubt about it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just picked a holiday giftset up today that included this blush, its very pigmented gives your skin a nice glow of color, plus seems to last all day. This is a shade that should be in every girls collection. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by lovebug32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this blush.it gives me that just came in from the cold flushed look. not too much shimmer and the color is not as intense as it looks in the package i would say overall it's great for fair to medium toned skin.quality is fair considering how cheap it is definitely worth the buy if you don't want to spend mega bucks

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by AudreyElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I'm really picky about the blush I use.

Having said that, I really like this one. I do find it to be very pigmented and the perfect shade for my medium skin tone. It's a cute pink blush that gives me a nice, youthful glow. I find it to be great for everyday wear and can be used lightly for a nice, sheer glow or layered for a more flushed look. The shimmer scared me at first, as there is a lot of it. I wouldn't use this with a lot of other shimmery products for every day, maybe if I were going out or something.

I really do enjoy this product. It's a nice, fun, shimmery color.