September 16, 2014 | 1981 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazzingg product! easy packaging. just be careful not to use but a drop or two or itll make your hair appear greasy! i use when my hairs still wet and sometimes just a drop to rub into dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swim 5 days a week, plus my hair is color-treated, thick & frizzy - a recipe for disaster. My routine this summer has been to towel-dry my hair after shampoo & conditioning w/Neutrogena Daily Deep products, apply about a quarter-size bit of this stuff to my shortish hair, and it looks great - air-dries nicely with a wet look that is not stiff, like what I got when I used various gels & mousses. I have not tried this yet w/blow-dryer, but am willing to believe it would protect against heat too. Also, my hair looks nice the day after application - no build-up or greasiness so far. For the price, it's worth a try - apply less rather than more at first, until you see how much you need.

P.S. My hairdresser can "feel" chlorine build-up on her scissors when she cuts my hair, and using this product has eliminated this problem. I give it an A.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by genevabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is nice but not amazing. I put it on after I shower, and it does make my hair shiny and manageable. However it only has a little bit of argan oil in it so its not so much for moisture as it is for styling. One of the first ingredients on the list is dimethicone, which is a silicone. Ok, silicones are not really good for your hair yet they do have a purpose. I bought the Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil which is not easy to rub into my thick, curly, and dry hair. So, that's where the silicones come in. They make it easier to put the product in your hair. Your fingers just glide through. So, I use this One N' Only Argan oil more as a styling product to give my hair shine and manageability..and also as a heat protector. Then when I am done w my blow drying, etc..i apply a little bit of the 100% pure argan oil towards the ends of my hair. That's my trick =] I would like to also warn though that too much silicones in your hair over time does cause build up and breakage...so I would be easy on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle. I bought the first bottle, had fantastic results, then decided to try the Creme of Nature version. Big mistake. The two are worlds apart! The One 'n Only definitely wins hands down. It smoothes and defrizzes my dry, wavy, coarse hair while the Creme of Nature just smells nice and does little else for me.

I like to put the One 'N Only on my hair before bedtime. I usually put quite a bit on since I want it to soak in overnight. I put my hair up in a loose bun using a scrunchie and go to sleep. The next morning I wash and condition my hair in the shower and boy, does my hair look good!

I do use a clarifying shampoo once a week to eliminate any buildup that may occur from this product or any of the others that I use.

I believe the 3.4 fl oz bottle costs about $9.95. Next time I'm springing for the larger bottle which costs $10.00 more. I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by pinkbonanza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-De-tangles my long, thick hair like a dream (after I shower, I put the oil on my tangled hair, then wrap my hair in a towel. After half an hour, my hair will be almost tangle free without even using a comb).
-Makes my hair LOOK hydrated.
-Never had issues with it making my hair more oily (I also never applied it to my roots, only my ends and middle).
Cons:
-Musky/nutty scent (but completely disappears after my hair dries).
-Not really hydrating.

I used this for 3 months. I can't for sure say that it gave me more split ends, but I can for sure say that it did NOT prevent them.
Since the first 3 items in the argan oil are silicones, I think the hydrating feeling that I get from this product is mostly fake. I have never used Moroccan oil, but since it's first 3 ingredients are also silicones, I would not expect it to be much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jeniffercole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sticky and priced accordingly. I found at my hair Salon other Miracle Argan oil by www.keratinresearch.com that has really turn my hair amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

Love the smell of this whole line! This oil is a bit tricky for me to figure out. I tried experimenting on my dry hair, and it just left it sticky & weighted down. Putting it on wet hair (before towel drying it) proved to be a mess also. For me, i can only use this right after i've towel-dried my hair. I put a few drops of this stuff on, and then blow dry it right away. And the result is silky smooth hair. So i think you really have to play around with this prod. I wish the packaging was better though, I've spilled half of this stuff on my counter top bc the screw cap wasn't on tightly enough :( I wish it comes in a squeeze bottle of some sort.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Whether I put it in wet or dry hair, it tended to make my hair really greasy looking, and yet still somewhat frizzy. I air dry my hair, so maybe if you use heat, it would smooth out the grease? It's really inappropriate for dry hair, though, due to the greasiness. I hated the shampoo from this line too. One thing I actually did like was the packaging. I thought it was pretty efficient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: eliminates frizz, leaves hair feeling soft/manageable, protects against heat damage, adds shine, lessens drying time

Cons: can make hair oily

Comments: I am so glad I decided to get this stuff. My hair is looking so much better since I started using this! I apply this when my hair is wet and then blow dry - I get such great results and it also takes less time for my hair to dry. It can make your hair oily if you use too much, though. FYI: don't expect this to transform your hair, it's not a moisturizer...but a very good heat protector (has a lot of silicone).

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Xtina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sally's one day based on the recommendation of the SA. Even after straightening my hair it's still kinda frizzy and I need to add an oil to it to smooth it down and tame flyaways. I find this works best for me if I put about a quarter sized amount in my hair while it's still damp, than I blow dry and straighten my hair. It makes makes my hair look so sleek and shiny. It also feels thicker (probably the cones) and looks healthier. With other oil treatments I would have to add more to my hair after it was dry but not with this one, I just need to apply it the one time.I also love the way it smell. I don't care much for the packaging though. I found my bottle had fallen over a couple of times (my kids, lol) and even though the lid was screwed on it leaked.