Revlon Eyelash curler

3.0

on 10/12/2008 4:13:00 PM

An eyelash curler is the only makeup product I use every single day. It really opens up my eyes. I've bought probably 10 of the Revlon curlers throughout the years.

The curl can be inconsistent - sometimes it does a near-90 degree crimp, but most times it's a gentle curl.

I recently tried the shu umera curler, and I find it gentler, and a better curl. But, for the price ($4 vs. $19), I'll probably use Revlon for daily use and save the Shu Umera for special events.

on 9/25/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'll start off by saying I have straight, medium-length eyelashes. I have a bit of trouble finding a cheap, comfortable curler to fit eye shape that also performs how I'd like it to. I purchased this product between two: Revlon and NEX Select (for all you Navy babes). I stuck with Revlon in hopes of having a better experience because of it's brand name, but boy was I wrong. This curler performs average at best for me. It pinches, crimps, is a bit rough, and is unable to reach the lashes on the ends. But, on a positive note, it performs much better than the E.L.F. curler. I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/23/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eyelash curler is the one thing I can't live without. For me (Asian with STICK STRAIGHT to the point of pointing down eyelashes) an eyelash curler is a MUST HAVE AT ALL TIMES. Although there are better eyelash curlers out there, this one is my favorite because I can actually afford it. I only have to spend $4 one every 3 years and I'm set.
When I'm curling my lashes, I always have to start at the base and move outwards, otherwise I'll have a really unnatural looking curve.

on 8/26/2008 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm going to lose all my eyelashes using this product. The curler pinches when I get too close and also pulls my eyelashes out when I try to get a close grip on all my eyelashes. My eyelashes get caught in the hinge part once and tool out 3 eyelashes at once. Not the best made one since I value my eyelashes more than curling them. Definitely will be looking for a better one soon.

UPDATE: I figured out over time and practice not to clip my eyelashes on the hinge and in addition it curls better if you flip the curling pad so the curvy side is up. Not much of an improvement than a hassle.

on 8/4/2008 6:13:00 PM

this is pretty good for my right eye only. it fits the shape and it does curl my lashes pretty well. for my left eye, though, i dont know if the shape is off or whether or not im positioning this correctly, but i always pinch myself and my eyes end up watering and my make up is messed up. other than that i do like this curler.

-decent curler
-can kind of curl slightly slanted/almondish eyes
-can pinch eyes if not careful

on 7/19/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really don't need an eyelash curler, but I bought one just to keep on hand. This is okay, but nothing to rave about. It always pinches me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this curler for about 13 years. I've tried to change curlers but always come back to this one. It seems to fit my eyes perfectly, and when I try to use any other curler it feels awkward. I've thought about trying the Shu Uemura curler just to see what all the hype is about, but I don't want to fork over $19 for an eyelash curler when I can spend $4 on Revlon.

on 4/29/2008 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The curler I bought is called Beauty Shapers Extra Curl Eyelash Curler. I bought it @ Walmart. It has a rounded pad like MAC's and I LOVE IT!!! It was under $5 WOW my eyes look fantastic, TRY IT!! if it doesn't work get a refund...simple as that ; D

on 4/26/2008 4:23:00 AM

I needed a new eyelash curler since my brother broke my tweezerman one [the clear, all plastic one]. and i figured i was in the market for a new curler anyway because i wasn't completely satisfied with the tweezerman. i bought this revlon one because it was cheap and i figured all eyelash curlers pretty much work the same, right? nope, WRONG! this curler is horrible! let's see, it pinches, can't reach close to the root, curls unevenly..it sucks sucks sucks! it makes my tweezerman look like a shu. well i learned my lesson.

Top Rated Misc Beauty Tools