August 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YSL Parisienne starts out as a nice floral with a dry down to roses mixed with smokey leather on me. My first thought is "roses" and really nothing else. But, barely on drydown, I sense a soothing smokey leather scent which I find sort of nice and comforting. The violet must disappear into the rose because it doesn't come out on me. I sense no violet or peony.

I never really sense the cranberry or patchouli. The patchouli must not be very heavy because this scent doesn't make me sneeze.

Parisienne is saved from becoming just another nice floral by the woodsy and green dry down. This is what sets it apart from the current lot of "nice" white florals being endorsed by celebrities right and left. Separating this scent from the pack. That's why I like Parisienne.

More on Parisienne:

Perfumers: Sophia Grojsman, Sophie Labbe.
Commercial face: Kate Moss.

Edition: Yves Sain Laurent 2009.

This fragrance YSL appeared on the market in 2009, romantically named Parisienne, which implicates its Paris fragrance antecedents, as well as its edited bottle design. Besides the official notes of Damascus rose, violet, peony, cranberry, patchouli, vetiver, musk and sandalwood, it also contains urban and bold aromas of vinyl and lacquer, reminding us of the special scent of a cosmetic bag, make – up and high-heels on the hot city asphalt.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Parisienne hase a base-scent that is almost the same as the top-scent. Thát is very unique because after about 15 minutes the scent doesn't change!! Parisienne has the scent of coloured flowers. It is stronger and goes deeper than a white flower-scent. That makes Parisienne not a typical summer product as whiter-flower scents do.
The "heavy" ingredients like musk and sandelwood are hardly noticable. It is a pure flower-scent without a synthetic smell and without smelling sweet.

Most new perfumes from the last ten years have a basetone that has synthetic fruits as ingredients especially mellon is often used. Dior, Lancome, Gucci and Armani produced a lot of typical synthetic scents with a toptone that differs a lot from the basetone. That is why the scent changes after a while. A lot of the brands have used the same synthetic ingredients, so many scents smell the same.
I can imagine that a lot of women who are used to those scents don't have a positive opinion about Parisienne.

Parisienne is different, has a name that fits with the scent. It is very European, it is classic, it has style and it is ultra feminin.
You can wear the scent in the evening par exemple when you are having (a romantic) dinner at a good restaurant, but also at daytime because it is not too heavy.The scent has a good staying power.
Even after washing my clothes I can still smell it and that is not a punishment for me! I feel extra feminin when I wear Parisienne.

Choosing a scent is very personal. It is a matter of taste ánd how it reacts with your skin and your personal scent.
I love this scent! It is very elegant and mature.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It is not a common fragrance, not too strong, not to discreet. My signature parfum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by destreng

LOVE! Light, rose-y without being obnoxious. I got it for my wedding, and I wear it every day! I can't think of any way to improve upon this perfume :) (But for night I stick to Bvlgari Jasmine Noir.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite perfumes. I think it's heavy on roses but still classy and light, almost too light. The scent seems to fade rather quickly but I still love it and $40 for a 1 ounce bottle isn't too bad either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I have the EDP and think that this light flora is perfect for work...as it's not too strong as to be overwhelming. It's a little sweet, but not so much that it bothers me. If I want to 'punch up' the scent I combine this w/Lola by Marc Jacobs. The combination is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Well, I ♥ this fragrance! I have no problem with the staying power, either. I stumbled upon this fragrance by chance and couldn't believe how much I liked it- love at first sniff! Don't ask me to describe the scent, that's not my area of expertise. All I know is, it is a soft floral, it's pretty, and I like it! I catch little hints of it as the day goes on, and it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. It also makes me feel classy & clean! I have been wearing it everyday since I got it, I just can't get enough of this fragrance. To heck with all the negative reviews... I'd give this 10 stars- if I could! =)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was really hyped on this perfume when I first saw the ad's for it. I really loved the color of it and the bottle as well. My best friend purchased this for me and I have to say I am not impressed. One of my all time favorite fragrances is Babydoll by YSL so I was pretty annoyed with not liking Parisienne. The overall scent is very floral and pleasant. This perfume does not last long AT ALL. I love scents that linger throughout the day and this one is a definite failure in that department and that is why I give it 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by strawberryblonde86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been a huge perfume fan and rarely wore it but I fell in love with this scent!

I got it for Xmas and my husband recently bought me my 2nd bottle, I get compliments on it and I think it really suits me...the clean and fresh yet fruity and sweet smell. My only gripe, like previous posters is that the staying power sucks and you might go through a bottle fast reapplying it if you love it like I do ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Had to stop in and show my love for a really fabulous fragrance that in my opinion has been extremely underrated on this site. IMO, if Escada Ibiza Hippie, Stella, and Burberry The Beat were combined together, you would have a fragrance very close to this one. I love this!!