October 22, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 More reviews by Sharvoxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are a light, clear yellow (vs yellow beige or yellow olive) then Fiji is a very pretty option (and it's gorgeous in Sheer Glow). If you are used to applying EL DW, then this will be child's play though it requires some careful attention. If you are very oily and need a durable, long-lasting finish, look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by keleb7977

Lovely choice of colours. They have some yellow bases which was fantastic as its hard to find a foundation that doesn't look either pink, purple, grey or orange. But this unfortunately didn't come as a bonus as the makeup is useless on my skin. It has zero coverage and the little bit that does go on wears off almost immediately! Huge dissapointment for me and total waste of money. It will end up in the junk pile of no good cosmetics in the back of my cupboard cause I can't bring myself to throw it away after what I spent on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by graycelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

As with most makeup lovers, I am on a constant search to find the best of everything! I live in the South and because of the hot, humid weather, I tend to opt for mineral powder makeup with an SPF vs a liquid. However, If I am going out for the night or have an event to attend, NARS Sheer Matte is my favorite liquid foundation to wear! The coverage is medium to full and feels so light and comfortable on the skin. With a good setting powder or spray, this foundation lasts for around 12 hours without a touchup. I wait tables and have worked double shifts with this foundation on and don't have to worry about is slipping off of my face. Even though $42 is a bit pricey for a foundation, it has been worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Destiniezepeda

Bought this right before a trip to Vegas last July and I must say at first I did like it, but it started getting really chunky after only two months and felt terrible on my skin. It also had an odd smell to me which I didn't like. The packaging was horrible, but I visited sephora recently and noticed they added a pump to it. I would not recommend this product or buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by corrick91

Oh my effing god! So I was under the impression I bought "sheer glow" I went to sephora and asked for a sample of sheer glow, I brought it home and fell in love with it, last weekend I decided to asked for the full product! Well I was so sad, it was a disaster, I applied it and it was so dry and blotchy and made my face look horrible! I called sephora and told them I would be returning it. Since it looks horrible ....well turns out when the associate handed me punjab, she gave me sheer matte! Instead of sheer glow. I just read it and it says sheer fricking matte! Well I came here to review this crap of product, it sucks for people that only have tzone oil problems. It's horrible! Going back tomorrow to get sheer glow, and return the glitter packed orgasm blush! Too much glitter in natural lighting ew the blush is not as awesome everyone makes it sound like, unless your into glitter on your face. So nars SHEER foundation is for me, but not their blushes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have to agree with the majority of MUAers. This foundation sucks. I got it in Barcelona and at Sephora, it was a perfect match, but of course since the SA was snobby and didn't provide a sample I went ahead and bought the full product. I tried it on a fresh face the next day in natural lighting and it was awful. The color was off.. i needed something a tad warmer - not so yellow and it lasted only a few hours before it started to flake, peel and accentuate my fine, dry lines around my eyes, nose and mouth. It was HORRIBLE. And for $42 friggin dollars, no pump?!?!?! Seriously....??? It totally sucks. I haven't returned it,, figured I would mix it with the 99 other foundations i purchased that didn't match and hopefully use it up but never buy again. All the raves on youtube about how this is the perfect foundation, blah blah blah- not for me it wasn't. I tried various application techniques, primers and moisturizers to see if it would work better, but no such luck. I will not be repurchasing- at all.
UPDATE: I ended up returning this and got the Smashbox 15 hr hydrating foundation.. much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tabbycam

I don't know that I've ever worn a foundation for such a short period of time. I literally had this for less than a week and then I rushed out to the store to pay ANOTHER $42 for Sheer Glow because this just did such a poor job for my skin type.

It is thick and instantly drying, and by the time you manage to patchily cover your face you have wasted so much product. The effects after this labored application process present yet another problem. Skin is left with visible dry spots, dry spots I really didn't even think I had. Aside from the difficulty in actually putting this foundation on and the flaky skin issue, it looks decent initially. However, by the afternoon I noticed it just looked awful - sunken into pores, and it did not keep oil at bay at all for me strangely. I do not have very oily skin (which I'll admit was maybe my issue with this foundation) but I wanted a matte look and this foundation somehow made my skin look more oily than it usually does! Worst of all, I couldn't apply a touch-up of powder to attempt to look less oily without increasing the visible dry spots this already powdery foundation created.

If you have VERY oily skin, perhaps this foundation could work for you. However, if you have dry or combination skin, or even just kind of oily skin, I would find a different option.

The positive of this foundation, for me, was the color match. I used Siberia and it was genuinely the first time I've felt like a color just melted into my skin! So Sheer Glow was perfect because it kept that color while giving me more moisture.

(For the record: I have combination skin that can develop dry spots if I don't exfoliate, and I am very pale, mostly neutral but leaning more towards yellow than pink.)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry but I have to agree with pretty much everyone else :( I hate this foundation. It never set evenly, was patchy, and left my skin very dry, accentuating dry spots I didn't even know were there. And it should come with a pump for the price. That is ridiculous. I know you can purchase a pump separately but for that price I shouldn't have to :( I got a pump from a sweet MUAer swap and after trying this foundation for the last time today, I dumped it all out and used it for my Colorstay foundation which is the only time I've found use for this. Sheer Glow is SO much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bink180

I went to Sephora last weekend after one of friends who has the most wonderfull skin, recommended it to me. I went in to get a sample because I wasn't confident in spending $42 for a 1oz. bottle.
I have combination skin and I have yellow-undertones in my fair skin. I got the sample in Deauville but it might have been mis-labeled and I might have gotten it in Fiji instead. Because when I tried it yesterday, it was unbelievably yellow and I looked like a Simpsons character.

I probably should go back and get another sample in the actual Deauville shade.

Deauville= neutral balance of pink and yellow
Fiji= light with yellow undertones

Although, I also didnt like it because it had terrible coverage and it was a little too matte for my skin type so i wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Wrong undertone, too drying. Will not repurchase.

I am test-driving this foundation today.

I am NW50, combo/oily with hyperpigmentation.

The color match: Gorgeous! I'm wearing the darkest shade (Khartoum) and it gives me a lovely little glow. It's not at all heavy or mask like and along with some blush, looks like my skin but better.

The finish: It's called "Matte" for a verrrrrry good reason. Hardly any oil breakthrough (and I'm at the end of an 8-hour day). I've blotted once with Mac Blot around lunchtime.

Buy again? Probably not. I'm going to test-drive Sheer Glow tomorrow. This foundation is dryiiiiiiiiiing. I mean dry! I'm over 40 so perhaps in my younger years, I could pull off something this matte but not now. Other than that, really fine product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No