September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry but I have to agree with pretty much everyone else :( I hate this foundation. It never set evenly, was patchy, and left my skin very dry, accentuating dry spots I didn't even know were there. And it should come with a pump for the price. That is ridiculous. I know you can purchase a pump separately but for that price I shouldn't have to :( I got a pump from a sweet MUAer swap and after trying this foundation for the last time today, I dumped it all out and used it for my Colorstay foundation which is the only time I've found use for this. Sheer Glow is SO much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bink180

I went to Sephora last weekend after one of friends who has the most wonderfull skin, recommended it to me. I went in to get a sample because I wasn't confident in spending $42 for a 1oz. bottle.
I have combination skin and I have yellow-undertones in my fair skin. I got the sample in Deauville but it might have been mis-labeled and I might have gotten it in Fiji instead. Because when I tried it yesterday, it was unbelievably yellow and I looked like a Simpsons character.

I probably should go back and get another sample in the actual Deauville shade.

Deauville= neutral balance of pink and yellow
Fiji= light with yellow undertones

Although, I also didnt like it because it had terrible coverage and it was a little too matte for my skin type so i wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Wrong undertone, too drying. Will not repurchase.

I am test-driving this foundation today.

I am NW50, combo/oily with hyperpigmentation.

The color match: Gorgeous! I'm wearing the darkest shade (Khartoum) and it gives me a lovely little glow. It's not at all heavy or mask like and along with some blush, looks like my skin but better.

The finish: It's called "Matte" for a verrrrrry good reason. Hardly any oil breakthrough (and I'm at the end of an 8-hour day). I've blotted once with Mac Blot around lunchtime.

Buy again? Probably not. I'm going to test-drive Sheer Glow tomorrow. This foundation is dryiiiiiiiiiing. I mean dry! I'm over 40 so perhaps in my younger years, I could pull off something this matte but not now. Other than that, really fine product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's medium coverage and oil free. I recommend it to those who are combination/oily. I have looked all over for a good foundation, and I honestly believe that this works the best for my skin. I give the packaging quality a 3 because it doesn't come with a pump. HOWEVER, if you would like to spend $6.00 on Nars official website, you can purchase a pump for your foundation bottle. I don't think a lot of people know that, but if you have this? Now you know. When I first bought this foundation (sometime last year) I was disappointed that there was no pump. The Sephora sales associate didn't tell me that when she did a swatch/consultation. The foundation itself is pricey ($42) for a 1oz bottle. But I have to say that a little goes a long way. I suggest using it with a stippling brush. I usually use a pump and quickly buff it on my face. The more you buff the better. It does dry fast, so you have to work quickly. I just repurchased my second bottle last week. My first bottle lasted me 10 months. So that's a good thing right? If you don't know how you would feel about spending $42 dollars, just hit up Sephora and ask for a sample.

BTW the foundations run more on the yellow side. So it's perfect for asians. A lot of their foundations are yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard to blend, and cakey on my skin. The shade is great, but the finish is too dry for someone of my skin type. The packaging is miserable and you wind up with too much or too little. This stuff needs a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by roxyanne

I really like this foundation and beleive me I have tried foundations from alot of brands. I usually like a medium to full coverage but I am fine with the medium coverage because of how it looks on my skin. I have super oily skin and so I don't need any shine in any of the face products I use. My skin naturally makes its own shine. Like I said this is definitley a foundation that I would purchase again. I do wish that it had a pump but I can look past that fact. I feel like when I use this product I don't get as shiny as fast either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation ! it makes my skin look sooo flawless! i tried the sheer glow first and discovered its staying power sucked so i went and got the sheer matte and it works way better for me ! have to apply it with the fingers but it still looks really flawless ! i got matched to stromboli which is a little yellow for me ! when im getting it again ill proably get punjab or santa fe ! its not a major problem i just want it to look more natural next time round.
its staying power is really good ! i get about 6-8 hours out of it ! havnt really got anything bad to say about this foundation tbh, the reason its not my HG is due to the coverage, i would say its light and i prefer medium, but on days when i want a lighter more natural look i would deffo be reaching for this foundation !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by furbag

This is a great foundation. A little goes a long way. It looks so natural and wears well throughout the day. I wish it came with a pump dispenser but it's not a huge deal. It set well even with moisturizer and sunblock underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by hannahr20

I completely hate this foundation.. After seeing most people hyping over Nars products I thought I would give one of the foundations a go. NEVER AGAIN.. Yes it was pricey but that doesn't bother me.. It didn't rub into the skin well at all it dried straight away so quick application is needed! The bottle is awquard as hell.. It didn't come with a pump so i found it difficult to get out. On the plus side I bought this shade in Deauville which matches my skin very well. Other than that it was awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by oliviadilorenzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought the sheer matte formula in stromboli. The color matched my skin perfectly. I perfect medium olive tone which I have been looking for, for a while. Completely matched the description on the website. I wasn't wicked impressed with the consistency though. It was a little runny for my liking & it doesn't blend in as easily as I am used to. I have to take a little extra time to make sure it is 100% blended in to my skin. I usually like a medium-full coverage, this was definitely more medium coverage. I am purchasing the matching powder (beach) within the next week so I am sure that I will acheive the coverage I am looking for. Overall I do like this foundation & I will be purchasing again!