December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by GiaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the only majorly good thing about this foundation is that it doesn't really break me out as it's oil free. Also i like the light coverage and the way it looks in photos.

I was matched to the colour Barcelona (i'm NC35 with super yellow undertones) by the lady in Sephora who said that's the colour she wore it in. By looking at her she appeared a few shades darker than me but i liked the way it made me looked naturally tanned (i now know i just look orange with it on) and brought it anyway.

It was quite expensive which i wouldn't mind if it was actually good...but it's nothing special to me at all.

The coverage is medium, and it claims to be a matte finish but you definitely have to powder for it to be matte, else i find it to be on the dewy side. I dont have a problem with foundations lasting on me but if you have super oily skin i can't see this staying on you unless you powder a lot.

I think the packaging is rubbish for the one reason that it doesn't come with a pump, you have to buy it separately...Please tell me why the foundation is so expensive yet you have to buy a pump separately?? If you dont have a pump you'll find that it comes out in horrible clumps.

I wear this on nights out when i have fake tan on, other than that it's far too orange looking to wear in the day time - my boyfriend kindly let me know this when i wore it to see him once. Again this is partially my fault for listening to the moron in Sephora when i knew it was too dark for me, but either way even if t was my exact shade it wouldn't be anything special. When this runs out i am very unlikely to re buy this as i have about five drugstore foundations that work ten times better.

If you need a foundation that is oil free like me however, you'll probably find this won't break you out so for that reason i wouldn't rate it too poorly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this item in a swap and I really like it. I got the color Punjab which is for medium skin with peachy undertones. I am a NC30 in MAC but I do have neutral undertones. I have combo/normal skin and this does keep me matte all day. As for looking too matte, I use MAC MSFN as a setting powder and it's wonderful for giving a finished, little bit of glow-y look. Mine came with a pump and I think they all do now. I use a stippling brush to apply.

Price tag is quite hefty...in the 40's I believe. Easily dupe-able and there are probably otherand better foundations for a cheaper price. The coverage for me is light to medium. You will need a concealer for this! My HG foundation is MUFE HD and that offers medium-full and NARS Sheer Matte definitely offers less than that. Overall, I wouldn't repurchase it again but I would swap for it again if that makes any sense! For me, I use it on days where I want to conserve MUFE HD and know I am not going to be in any pictures or anything. There is nothing particularly special about this product other than it's a NARS product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This product will suck the life out of your skin and then come back for your first born. I have extreme combination skin - very oily t-zone and bone dry/eczema cheeks. FUN! I have accepted the fact that I need to use a different foundation on the cheeks, but for fun I tried this all over. Every single dry patch was magnified, foundation looked extremely cakey on the dry areas - ok that is to be expected. On the T-zone it looked quite nice and the color match was fantastic when i'm a little tanned (I used Fiji which I would say is similar to NC 25 but more neutral), however it wore off very quickly and ended up drying the heck out of even the oily areas, while still needing to be blotted at the same time. I also noticed this stuck to every pore and made them looked clogged with foundation. I am using this on my t-zone occasionally just to use up the large sample i received, and I ordered the full size sheer glow based on reviews (haven't received, fingers crossed!). What I love about this is the color selection and the initial look - lovely in pictures if you can take the picture within the first 2 hours of wearing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Flysy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a 38 y/o with very sensitive and oily skin..this worked great!
For reference I am African American with very yellow undertones. My mother is part Hispanic. My perfect shade was C5 studiofix..and that went bye bye many years ago. MAC Prolongwear Foundation was great but I had to mix NC42 & NC 45 to get somewhat of a match. In MUFE Duo Mat I was a 209...It would still oxidize and turn orange. Clarins Instant Smooth #6. Lancome Dual Finish Caramel III(these broke me out) As you can see, I know my products. Yes, it is more of a satin finish. But now I have the perfect shade with no irritation, breakouts, or orange look.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 More reviews by Sharvoxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are a light, clear yellow (vs yellow beige or yellow olive) then Fiji is a very pretty option (and it's gorgeous in Sheer Glow). If you are used to applying EL DW, then this will be child's play though it requires some careful attention. If you are very oily and need a durable, long-lasting finish, look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by keleb7977

Lovely choice of colours. They have some yellow bases which was fantastic as its hard to find a foundation that doesn't look either pink, purple, grey or orange. But this unfortunately didn't come as a bonus as the makeup is useless on my skin. It has zero coverage and the little bit that does go on wears off almost immediately! Huge dissapointment for me and total waste of money. It will end up in the junk pile of no good cosmetics in the back of my cupboard cause I can't bring myself to throw it away after what I spent on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by graycelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

As with most makeup lovers, I am on a constant search to find the best of everything! I live in the South and because of the hot, humid weather, I tend to opt for mineral powder makeup with an SPF vs a liquid. However, If I am going out for the night or have an event to attend, NARS Sheer Matte is my favorite liquid foundation to wear! The coverage is medium to full and feels so light and comfortable on the skin. With a good setting powder or spray, this foundation lasts for around 12 hours without a touchup. I wait tables and have worked double shifts with this foundation on and don't have to worry about is slipping off of my face. Even though $42 is a bit pricey for a foundation, it has been worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Destiniezepeda

Bought this right before a trip to Vegas last July and I must say at first I did like it, but it started getting really chunky after only two months and felt terrible on my skin. It also had an odd smell to me which I didn't like. The packaging was horrible, but I visited sephora recently and noticed they added a pump to it. I would not recommend this product or buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by corrick91

Oh my effing god! So I was under the impression I bought "sheer glow" I went to sephora and asked for a sample of sheer glow, I brought it home and fell in love with it, last weekend I decided to asked for the full product! Well I was so sad, it was a disaster, I applied it and it was so dry and blotchy and made my face look horrible! I called sephora and told them I would be returning it. Since it looks horrible ....well turns out when the associate handed me punjab, she gave me sheer matte! Instead of sheer glow. I just read it and it says sheer fricking matte! Well I came here to review this crap of product, it sucks for people that only have tzone oil problems. It's horrible! Going back tomorrow to get sheer glow, and return the glitter packed orgasm blush! Too much glitter in natural lighting ew the blush is not as awesome everyone makes it sound like, unless your into glitter on your face. So nars SHEER foundation is for me, but not their blushes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have to agree with the majority of MUAers. This foundation sucks. I got it in Barcelona and at Sephora, it was a perfect match, but of course since the SA was snobby and didn't provide a sample I went ahead and bought the full product. I tried it on a fresh face the next day in natural lighting and it was awful. The color was off.. i needed something a tad warmer - not so yellow and it lasted only a few hours before it started to flake, peel and accentuate my fine, dry lines around my eyes, nose and mouth. It was HORRIBLE. And for $42 friggin dollars, no pump?!?!?! Seriously....??? It totally sucks. I haven't returned it,, figured I would mix it with the 99 other foundations i purchased that didn't match and hopefully use it up but never buy again. All the raves on youtube about how this is the perfect foundation, blah blah blah- not for me it wasn't. I tried various application techniques, primers and moisturizers to see if it would work better, but no such luck. I will not be repurchasing- at all.
UPDATE: I ended up returning this and got the Smashbox 15 hr hydrating foundation.. much better.