Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/18/2012 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do like this product. A LOT. It's my trusty standby. I stray and always come bwck. Sure, I'm nit crazy about the lack of a pump, but it's not a huge problem ilif I'm careful. I wear it in caramel. and wile it's a bit off (the color) before I powder, after I've used Ben Nye's banana powder, the color is spot on. I appreciate the price and performance. I have super oily skin but this hangs on for dear life and refuses to wear off or oxidize (or at noticeably so). I'll be using this product for a whole yet.

on 8/15/2012 3:40:00 AM

I loved this foundation for such a long time. I know now that that love was misplaced. I can't match it to my skin tone at all. The palest are all far too peachy. I do feel that after I've worn it for a while it matches a bit better but, I realise now the only reason it seems to work for me for so long is because my powder was balancing out the shade a bit.
I do love the texture of this product though. I think it goes on really smoothly and easily and stays put quite well. Smell is always a big problem for me, but this product didn't bother me at all. I also have sensitive skin and this never broke me out or gave me any grief.

on 8/13/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

There is nothing new about this "new" formula apart from slapping on a new look label and making a new ad campaign. For fair skin the shade selection and longevity is exactly the same and just as bad as the old superstay and color rewind formulas. The 2 lightest shades are still super super dark (darker than MAC NC15) and too colored. Porcelain Ivory and Classic Ivory are still a ridulous pink/peach tone. Sand Beige is a much nice golden tone but is much too dark for anyone fair. They advertise this as being "24 hour" but this formula oxidises so badly that it doesn't even last "1 hour" on me. After an hour of wear it goes a full shade darker and even more orangey compared to when I first put it on. If you have fair skin I'd say its not really a "super stay", more like a "stay away"!!

on 8/10/2012 12:41:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got the shade Classic Beige, and it is a bit light on my NC35 skin. It used to suit my skin well when I was an NC30, but I think this shade has a bit of a neutral/rosy undertone rather than a yellow/olive undertone, so I tend to warm up the foundation with heaps of bronzer because I'm a bronzer-obsessed person!

I like the level of coverage I get with this product, fit well for going out and having fun, also with photography as it has no SPF. I only wear foundation on special occasions, so I normally grab this product as it gives me medium/full coverage, with no white cast on my face with flash photography.

However, I do often feel that the foundation is a little bit too matte on my dry areas, making lines and wrinkles under my eyes, getting a bit cakey at times. I always try to moisturise my skin fully and very well before applying this foundation. But I still think if I had the perfect match of foundation on my skin, I would definitely love this foundation with a little bit more of moisture.

on 8/1/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Super stay foundation is a verry nice foundation! It's a light texture,it blends really well! It stays on for hours! It gives a really nice and natural finish! I use natural tan for my summer olive skintone! Love it!

on 7/24/2012 1:03:00 PM

This was my main foundation throughout my last years in shook. Amazing coverage, leaves skin looking flawless and healthy ! I have this foundation in shade 021 nude which is the closest match I could find. It's a reall cheap foundations a I have never really had problems with it. I use this product on relaxed days, when I don't want heavy make up on. I love how it feels on my skin and gives my skin a nice glow. I have oily skin and it's never broke me out ! perfect drug store foundation for younger skin as its lightweight and doesn't cause any problems ! Will be re purchasing and would recommend !

on 7/18/2012 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

To start my review, I need to say that I'm in major menopause. I was using estrogen hormone replacement but found out due to a blood clotting issue, I had to suddenly stop taking it, which made my face break out horribly. My skin has always been very dry but suddenly, I have an oil slick on my face. I don't have to worry about mosquitoes because if they land on my face, they skid right off. My regular makeup was too emollient for my new faux puberty skin so I was on the search for something new and this make up fills the bill nicely. I had a little trouble getting the correct color but settled on Natural Beige, which is nearly an exact match. I'm not having any trouble with it staying in place from very early in the morning (2:30 a.m. I don't sleep well either) until about 7:30 in the evening when I remove it. I'm not sweating it off during those annoying hot flashes, either. The coverage is darn good, too, it covers all my new zits pretty well, with the addition of a setting powder on top. All in all, I will continue using, until my face goes back to my normal sahara dryness, if that ever happens. I do recommend this product!

on 6/25/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Let me start by saying that I'm 16, and I have teenage skin. My skin is oily and acne prone. I have breakouts. Maybelline SuperStay is my HG foundation, thus far. I have tried many other foundations in search of a foundation that could keep the shine off my face, have long wear, lots of coverage, and not break me out. I have found that in this foundation. I tested it out for about 2 weeks before writing this review, just in case any side-effects came up.

I wore this foundation to my vacation in Las Vegas. It withstood the 107-degree desert heat without melting off my face. After a full day of wear, the makeup looked just as good as if I had just applied it! I am thorougly impressed.

I give this four lippies only because it is a bit drying. I'm assuming because it's the matte formula. That's a small sacrifice! If you moisturize well before you apply, you should be just fine.

This foundation is much better than it's cousin, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I was afraid to use this, because liquid foundation scared me. I didn't understand how it could possibly be matte. I switched to SuperStay because the Dream Matte Mousse broke me out horribly, and it didn't have the same lasting power.

I apply this with an ELF foundation brush and I set it with Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Powder in Soft Cameo. I haven't had any problems with this application. The packaging is the worst part of this product. It is a bottle with screw-top cap. There is no pump, so I pour the needed amount on the back of my hand and apply from there. The way I deal with the mess is to just take a tissue dipped in Vaseline and wipe around the top of the bottle every once in a while.

All in all, this is a great product, and I would reccommend it to anyone who needs a long-lasting, oil-control foundation!

on 6/13/2012 8:36:00 PM

I really love this! I am a fan of a very matte face. I work in a stock room with an air conditioning unit that is always breaking. I live in Texas so I'm exposed to this humidity 8-9 hours at work. I prefer cream to powder makeup but it just wasn't holding up well at all, by the end of the day nearly all my makeup had melted off despite setting it with powder ( on top of the cream to powder makeup). The finish of this is satin I would say, and I have skin that tends to be more dry. (Despite this my t zone can rack up grease like no other within a couple hours) I set this with maybelline mineral powder makeup in light 2. By the end of a humid day my makeup still looks pretty decent thanks to my face not melting and turning into a greasy mess. If you live in a humid climate and suffer from melty face at the end of a long work day, this is the makeup for you. I have big pores and makeup like Revlon Colorstay looked terrible on me, it oozed in my pores and accentuated the texture on my face. Be careful though---this says oil free but one of the ingredients is a type of man made synthetic oil (husband is science major), that being said, you gotta make sure you use an exfoliator like st.ives scrub to get this completely off...otherwise you wont notice it's not completely washed off and will get a few pimples here and there. Oh and fair warning, this oxidizes pretty much, I am NW 20 and NC25 and the lightest shade in superstay nearly matches my skin tone perfectly once it oxidizes. I gave this foundation only 4 stars because once the shades like porcelain ivory and classic ivory oxidize...they are nearly the same. I'm light, but I'm not THAT light, I have friends that are much more pale than me. This is also formulated with parabens which they think have been linked to breast cancer. They put parabens in foundation to preserve it so it doesn't expire as fast, about 75 percent to 90 percent of foundation contains it. I'm working on writing a letter to maybelline to change this, I don't work with them or anything but it's worth at try- I once emailed a clothing company about changing their shirts so all of them didn't have big letters of the name of the store written across them and it actually worked, about a month later all of a sudden there were graphic tees that weren't walking advertisements.

Ok, I've been using this more and more, and I seriously love it now! I originally got it a shade too dark but now that I'm slightly more tan it's perfect!
1. It seriously lasts ALL day. Doesn't come off too much when you rub your face (I tend to touch my face a lot and it still looked really good at the end of a long day at work!) Staying power is great!!
2. It blends soo nicely. I prefer to use a blunt, dense foundation brush. It buffs it into the skin really well, and it doesn't dry to fast so you don't have to move too quickly when applying it.
3. Medium coverage--Perfect for me, I don't like a full coverage because it looks cakey on me. This evens out skin tone and covers imperfections beautifully though WITHOUT looking cakey! It glides on beautifully!
4. Actually a good foundation for summer! I do think it lives up to what it says about lasting through heat and sweat, and it goes on matte. It's smooth after you apply it and doesn't get oily in the day. This doesn't make me break out either, but not a lot of foundations do, so no surprise.

This is legit my new go to foundation! Love it! I will eventually get the lightest color (porcelain Ivory I believe) for the winter months since I will be become quite pale, but I am so impressed!