September 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the softest kabuki ive ever felt, the 1 i had b4 was complete crap compared to this 1, its super soft yet dense and it doesnt hang onto product lyk a lot of other brushes, it disperses all traces of product on ur face, afterwards it doesnt even look dirty, this is a nice brush for only 3$

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by summerloveeeeeee

I bought this Kabuki face brush online. When I got it, I was really surprised. It's small (i think this is the standard size, lol)! I'm really surprised that this brush is really dense and soft. I use this for my blush and bronzer, and it really works great! Even if I wash the brush, it is still soft and fluffy. And i really think this brush is easily dried after you wash. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had bought two of these, to keep one as a spare. For minerals, I had stopped using Everyday Minerals because it just didn't look natural, and always had a cakey look on my skin with other brushes I've tried kind of crepey and such.. Interestingly, this kabuki makes Everyday Minerals look good!

But then, the other day I was wondering if I needed the second brush after all since it's not the only kabuki brand I have. I was going to package it up but then I realized they felt different. So, I thought I'd test them, so I used one for one side of my face and the second one for the other side. Well, they actually are different! One is denser and kind of made my face darker, like more circulation in the skin. The second brush felt looser and less dense and put a nice light coating of minerals on the skin.

In any case, even the denser one is not dense as the MAC 182, but I do really like the way it applies the powder. It feels really soft on the face and now I see that there may be a variance between brushes, because my two are definitely different in the way they apply and in the way they feel on my face when I swipe or buff it. I even buffed my hand and they felt different. However, both can be useful.

I've come to the realization that all brushes do different things with different makeups and different skin, so it really is a matter of experimenting before jumping to any kind of conclusion. Many times I have dismissed a makeup for being lousy (or a brush being lousy) but that same thing might be incredible when paired with the right tool.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by hannahgail95

SUCH A GREAT BRUSH! It is very soft, and very durable. I've had mine close to 2 years (using it almost every single day) and still nothing is wrong with it. No shedding that I've noticed, and it keeps shape after wash and I've washed several times. ALSO A GREAT PLUS, you can normally ALWAYS find coupon codes for this brush, whereas when i bought it, I only paid $1.25 for it! As if the normal $5 price wasn't cheap enough! I've never seriously tried another kabuki brush, so I don't know a comparison. The ONLY problem someone may find is that it isn't as dense as other kabuki brushes. Besides that, its perfect and I swear by it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, very good quality for a small price :) its really soft and gentle, and does what it's supposed to do. I would def repurchace :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MidnightBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an amazing kabuki brush for an affordable price. I've never expected such a great quality from this brush, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is amazing. It's a wonderful kabuki brush, at such an affordable price. I use it to apply my pressed powder over my liquid foundation. It's perfect for dusting just a bit of powder over the face, not for heavy coverage since it's so soft and not firm at all. I also like to sweep it across my face to blend anything in.
The quality of the brush is great. I've had maybe four hairs fall out since I got it, and that was 3 months ago. It's very soft, but not tooo soft....and it's small enough to carry in a purse or makeup bag if needed. Perfect for travel!

Definitely love this brush, I would recommend it to anyone who wears makeup. For only 6 dollars you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to get this E.l.f. Studio Tools 85011 Kabuki Face Brush for the longest, but didn't want to pay shipping & handling fees.
I don't like to spend a lot of money on makeup products, so when I finally saw it at my local Target store for sale the other day, I couldn't believe it and I bought it. It is my first Kabuki brush, and I love it because is so soft and blends all make up powders beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING. I love it. It is so soft. It makes my mineral makeup go on flawlessly. There is zero shedding. I will buy again and again and again. HG status for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by OneToeThumb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't need to buy this again as it's so well constructed. I'm really happy with this brush for powder application. I've also started to use it for my soleil tan de chanel bronzer. Best kabuki you'll get for the money

x