July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have said I won't buy this again unless I get significant results from brow use which is what i'm going to start using it on from now on.
I am a trichotillomania sufferer in recovery, I have used this every single night as directed for over 3 months, yes it works, but the results I have seen are very slight, it doesn't do anything that I would say is worth forking out £40 on again and again.
I have seen many stories about this product, Paula Begouns review is that she is not rating it because it "should" work based on ingredients, other people say it's not FDA approved... if this is the case why is it still on the shelves? Shouldn't they remove it? I don't know anything other than that this is a "poor mans latisse" if you like. My experience of this product has been that I have had minimal growth and unfortunately I have woken up with dry eyes many mornings and somewhat bloodshot eyes sometimes too. As a result, I am stopping use of this after 3 months on eyes and I will use it on my brows instead as I don't want to waste it - I am just fed up of painful eyes every morning. They have not been bad enough to make me think something serious is happening and the discomfort has gone away after a short time but still. I also don't like that this seems to crust onto the lashline a bit, it's not very nice.
If I was to buy a lash growth product again it would probably be talika because that stuff seems to just be gentle and help reduce breakage so your lashes natural lifecycle is longer - that is fine with me. I don't want to screw up my eyes in pursuit of the longest set of lashes, that was never my intention when I bought rapidlash, I thought it was a collection of vitamins and moisturisers not in the same league as prescription drugs like latisse. It's my view that people will do anything for beauty, but maybe think twice before putting your eyes at risk... I know that it's not worth it for me.... there are tons of beautiful women with short lashes!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Update - one year after using rapidlash:
I have been diagnosed with chronic dry eye and I will need to put in special eye drops for the rest of my life. It started as soon as I used rapidlash and never went away - even though I only used it for 2 weeks.
I have had multiple people come forward and tell me they have the exact same problem after using this.
I feel lucky I don't have any worse side effects from this.
Please - STAY AWAY!

original review (for the original rapidlash. It's since been reformulated) :
I bought this because I had an accident with a fake shu curler that cut off some of my lashes.
I only used rapidlash for 15 days and I saw results. My lashes were longer and a bit thicker, and the ones that were cut from the accident grew back in.
From day one I suffered blood shot eyes, and they progressively got worse. After one week I developed red veins and bumps along my lash line. My eyes became swollen and painful. By day 15 my eyes hurt like hell, and I started to have stabbing pains on and off.
I immediately stopped using it.
I've since found out that this is NOT a safe product!
You can read more info on my blog about it including all risk and possible side effects here (only if you are so inclined):
As a friend to my fellow MUAer's please use rapidlash with caution.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dollyrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased 2 tubes of this stuff at Costco for $60 and used religiously. After finishing first tube, and seeing no results I used it in the morning and at night on the second tube. Got no discoloration on my eyes like other products I've tried (Tried Lilash and Latisse) but also got no noticeable growth in lashes. :(

I had dramatic growth w Lilash and not so dramatic with Latisse. I think there could be a possibility that when using all kinds of growth products the hair phases our eyelashes go through may be a factor of why another product didn't work. I will keep experimenting none the less..

Order of use and experiment: 1) Lilash 2) Latisse 3) Rapid Lash

I also noticed when my eyelashes were at there longest they slowly went back to its original state even when I kept using the products. Give or take I would forget to use it one or two nights..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ccestrada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

10/17/11 EDIT: I posted this here to help those that may be unaware and/or are concerned about this kind of thing. If it works for you, that's great; however, there are many others experiencing adverse reactions. This letter serves to inform them why these reactions occur.

As of April 2011, the FDA slapped RapidLash and two other similar products with a warning letter in violation of their claims, as well as the use of the drug isopropyl cloprostenate, a synthetic prostaglandin analog in the same class of compounds as the active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs indicated to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients and to treat hypotrichosis of the eyelashes.

“RapidLash” and “NeuLash” are prescription drugs as defined in section 503(b)(1)(A) of the Act (21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1)(A)), because, in light of their toxicity or other potentiality for harmful effect, the method of their use, or the collateral measures necessary to their use, they are not safe for use except under the supervision of a practitioner licensed by law to administer them.

These deemed drug products are NOT approved by the FDA as safe and efficacious; do not include possible side effects or the recommendation to use them under supervision; and are considered as misbranded cosmetics.

View the letter here: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm251951.htm

15 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After using many tubes of Talika Lipocils with steadfast hope but no real results, and then moving on to L'oreal Lash serum with no expectations but nicely conditioned lashes, I was really excited to stumble upon Rapidlash, and find so many positive reviews.

I've used this for 8 weeks and my experience is this: Slightly itching eyes at some points, but no other allergic reactions. No results for 4 weeks but after the 5th week I noticed my lashes were significantly darker, and perhaps a tad thicker. Some lash fallout, but nothing more than usual. Picture comparisons showed a slight increase in length, but no increase in curl-ability. By week 6, I noticed unsightly hairs underneath my eyes where I'm positive it was hairless (or at least barely visible peach fuzz before) and by week 7, those hairs got darker and longer. I'm assuming that since my lashes are the stick straight Asian type, my formula coated lashes made contact with my undereye area. This caused the most prominent result of my Rapidlash experience to be Sasquatch-y eyes. My husband begged me to stop using it and after an extra week of clinging to the hope that the benefits would outweigh the consequences, my lashes didn't show enough improvement to warrant continued use.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by truckerhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm afraid that I will be addicted to this product for the rest of my life as it has given me (nearly) perfect eyebrows and longer lashes, and more of them. I never want to go back to my strangely shaped, sparse eyebrows. It made hair grow where it previously was practically invisible. My eyebrows started too far back, I wanted them to start parallel to the inner corners of my eyes and to be fuller and thicker. After about 2 months of use I could see a noticable difference and now, after I would say roughly 5 months they are just the right shape for me. Though perhaps I would like a few more hairs, but seriously, It had nothing to work with to begin with so it is very impressive. Also, recently, a friend of mine thought I was wearing false eyelashes when I just had one light coat of mascara, so I am very pleased with my eyelashes as well. In the begining when I applied it, my eyelids would be red the next day, but after stopping and starting the use of it, this no longer seems to be a problem. It wasn't painful, itchy or a big deal, but it did make me look tired.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by leilanader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited for a year of use before reviewing this product. I never would have believed that anything less than a prescription drug like Latisse could make any significant difference to lash growth. My eyelashes are fine, short, straight, they start light brown and then turn transparent toward the end. They did not look like they were there if I don't wear mascara. Even with mascara they did not add much definition to my eyes because they are short, I had to put an eyeliner for that, but if the eyeliner is put on a bit thick the lashes would not show past the line even with the best mascaras. This costs 50$, after the first 3 months of use my lashes were longer by almost 50%. This is a dramatic change for me, it has changed the way I put makeup and they way makeup looks, most days I don't put an eyeliner anymore. After the first 3 months i decided that I can now use it every other day to save on product, don't do that, I started having inconsistent growth which no one would notice but me but still, this product must be used daily for optimum results. This did not make my lashes thicker, just longer, I don't know if Latisse would surpass rapidlash on that one. My eyelash standards have changed so much now, I cannot go back, this is part of my daily routine. During one of my many trips, the airline lost my luggage, it was 10pm, the first thing I did was head to a phamracy, not to buy a toothbrush but to buy this serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
Being asian, I had typical short, sparse lashes and to be honest I didn't actually expect any results from using this as I thought it wouldn't meet the hype. However, I can honestly say this product is amazing. Words cannot describe to me how much of a holy grail product this is for me. I've recently repurchased a second bottle now and have come to the realisation that I may never stop using it! I can't bare the thought of my lashes returning to how they used to be...but I don't mind spending the money on repurchasing it whenever it runs out because it's so worth it.
Obviously the main benefit from using Rapidlash is the length of your lashes increase SIGNIFICANTLY and by that I mean Kim Kardashian style. But for me I also loved the fact that my lashes seemed alot stronger and my lashes never seemed to fall out anymore. It is definitely a product which needs patience, it doesn't work overnight, but if you persist and stick with it.....the results are just outstanding :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by kaorii

Love this product. I use it on my eyebrows and it's amazing. I had very light thin eyebrows, now they are fuller and darker.

LOVE IT!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I've used up 2 entire tubes of this and have seen absolutely no difference whatsoever. I use it every night like instructed(I did miss maybe 2 nights total) and I have also been using it on my eyebrows. No difference with them either. I do want to add, I had no discoloring of my eyelid, no stinging or burning once applied and no itchy eyes. I will never again purchase this. It was a complete waist of money. I have however purchased 4 bottles of careprost and hope that it works better than this crap in a tube!