October 25, 2014 | 1630 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by nimfochka

This product is simply AWESOME! It transformed my short straight lashes to long curled and luxurious beauty. I've been using rapidlash for about 8 weeks, applying every other day. Then I switched to twice a week regiment to maintain the length. Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Rapidlash for 11 weeks now. I didn't have short lashes to begin with just wanted more of a good thing. You must have patience with it but it does work. The first 2-3 weeks I woke up with red, irritated eyes. Normal eyedrops didn't take the red out so I bought Rhoto eye drops and those really took the red out..they are very strong but the inital sting is worth the results. My lashes are very long now. they are starting to curl on their own...I am starting to wonder if they grow any longer where they are going to go..they are now touching my browbone when I put mascara on. My friend saw me without mascara on in the morning and thought I had it on already. I noticed the results gradually...after 7 weeks I started to notice a difference but it wasn't until recently that I was really impressed with the results. And I only experienced the irritation in the beginning. I still use it daily and always will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff works! I picked it up at Costco for just under $50 for a 2 pk. 1 gives you about 3 months of daily use. Saw results after 4 wks. By the 3rd month my husband asked if I was wearing mascara to bed! My lashes actually have gotten long enough so that they curl. Fantastic.
Also, no irritation. At first I applied it wrong. I was applying it to the skin at the base of the lashes, your actually supposed to applyit to the base of your lashes closest to your skin. As soon as I did that i saw a total difference in results. I didn't experience much irritation or skin discoloration.
Something I will always use.

EDIT** 1/31/12
After using this for about six months and loving the change in my lashes, I have stopped using it. Although my lashes look fantastic this does cause pigmentation to darken around your eye area....and not just on your lids. This darkenend my under eye area, too. I did not realize this til I ran out and realized that due to my lack of use my under eye area was getting lighter. Realizing that my under eye circles weren't truly as dark as I thought they'd gotten. I rather have less fabulous lashes in exchange for less to NO undereye circles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Thumper1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I've been using RapidLash for over a year now. I love this stuff. I think it was almost a month before I started to notice a difference in length. For me, my eyelashes have not gotten darker and thickness is better (just not as noticeable as the length). But like I said, I've been using for over a year and I will continue. I use this every other night now. No, I don't get stopped every day being asked if I'm wearing falsh eyelashes, but I do get compliments. My mom used it before and when she stopped (for financial reasons) she said it took just a couple of weeks before her lashes were back to normal. And I can tell a slight difference in length when the product is almost gone (but it's hard to tell since the little brush still looks wet when you remove it from the tube) so I'm not putting as much on my lash line. So then I order a new tube and within a week or so, they're back to being long & pretty again! I never pay $50 for this. Usually drugstore.com has it on sale or I go to Bed, Bath & Beyond and use a 20% coupon. Hope this helps & thanks for reading!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

People shouldn't rule out a product based on an adverse reaction THEY had, I've used this for a year straight with no irritation, and I have VERY sensitive skin. If this stuff is supposed to be "used under the guidance of a medical professional", obviously it's STILL USABLE! I'm not swayed by some copied and pasted codes. As part of an online make up community, we're unique in that we do a lot of our own research, and teach ourselves to do things other girls wouldn't even dream of not going to a professional for. We learn which vitamins and supplements to take for our skin, hair, and nails.. these are things we arn't supposed to do without consulting a doctor but we do anyways! Why? Because we inform ourselves, and I'm glad we're trying to help each other out with presentations of findings and studies, but I'd suggest we take these reviews with a grain of salt. We are far from naive and well aware of the risks associated with the products we use.. please, look at the ingredients list on a majority of the products out there. Almost EVERYTHING is not meant to be in our bloodstreams. But I know this doesn't justify using unsafe products. The point is to make INFORMED decisions. And this product has not been deemed unsafe to use.

Just my small rant! My eyelashes got very long and fanned out nicely using rapidlash, maybe the results were not as dramatic as they would have been had I gotten latisse, but I was getting tons of compliments. And 6 months after I stopped using this, my lashes are not quite down to the length they were before I began using it. I will continue to use this, thank you very much!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have said I won't buy this again unless I get significant results from brow use which is what i'm going to start using it on from now on.
I am a trichotillomania sufferer in recovery, I have used this every single night as directed for over 3 months, yes it works, but the results I have seen are very slight, it doesn't do anything that I would say is worth forking out £40 on again and again.
I have seen many stories about this product, Paula Begouns review is that she is not rating it because it "should" work based on ingredients, other people say it's not FDA approved... if this is the case why is it still on the shelves? Shouldn't they remove it? I don't know anything other than that this is a "poor mans latisse" if you like. My experience of this product has been that I have had minimal growth and unfortunately I have woken up with dry eyes many mornings and somewhat bloodshot eyes sometimes too. As a result, I am stopping use of this after 3 months on eyes and I will use it on my brows instead as I don't want to waste it - I am just fed up of painful eyes every morning. They have not been bad enough to make me think something serious is happening and the discomfort has gone away after a short time but still. I also don't like that this seems to crust onto the lashline a bit, it's not very nice.
If I was to buy a lash growth product again it would probably be talika because that stuff seems to just be gentle and help reduce breakage so your lashes natural lifecycle is longer - that is fine with me. I don't want to screw up my eyes in pursuit of the longest set of lashes, that was never my intention when I bought rapidlash, I thought it was a collection of vitamins and moisturisers not in the same league as prescription drugs like latisse. It's my view that people will do anything for beauty, but maybe think twice before putting your eyes at risk... I know that it's not worth it for me.... there are tons of beautiful women with short lashes!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Update - one year after using rapidlash:
I have been diagnosed with chronic dry eye and I will need to put in special eye drops for the rest of my life. It started as soon as I used rapidlash and never went away - even though I only used it for 2 weeks.
I have had multiple people come forward and tell me they have the exact same problem after using this.
I feel lucky I don't have any worse side effects from this.
Please - STAY AWAY!

original review (for the original rapidlash. It's since been reformulated) :
I bought this because I had an accident with a fake shu curler that cut off some of my lashes.
I only used rapidlash for 15 days and I saw results. My lashes were longer and a bit thicker, and the ones that were cut from the accident grew back in.
From day one I suffered blood shot eyes, and they progressively got worse. After one week I developed red veins and bumps along my lash line. My eyes became swollen and painful. By day 15 my eyes hurt like hell, and I started to have stabbing pains on and off.
I immediately stopped using it.
I've since found out that this is NOT a safe product!
You can read more info on my blog about it including all risk and possible side effects here (only if you are so inclined):
As a friend to my fellow MUAer's please use rapidlash with caution.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dollyrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased 2 tubes of this stuff at Costco for $60 and used religiously. After finishing first tube, and seeing no results I used it in the morning and at night on the second tube. Got no discoloration on my eyes like other products I've tried (Tried Lilash and Latisse) but also got no noticeable growth in lashes. :(

I had dramatic growth w Lilash and not so dramatic with Latisse. I think there could be a possibility that when using all kinds of growth products the hair phases our eyelashes go through may be a factor of why another product didn't work. I will keep experimenting none the less..

Order of use and experiment: 1) Lilash 2) Latisse 3) Rapid Lash

I also noticed when my eyelashes were at there longest they slowly went back to its original state even when I kept using the products. Give or take I would forget to use it one or two nights..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ccestrada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

10/17/11 EDIT: I posted this here to help those that may be unaware and/or are concerned about this kind of thing. If it works for you, that's great; however, there are many others experiencing adverse reactions. This letter serves to inform them why these reactions occur.

As of April 2011, the FDA slapped RapidLash and two other similar products with a warning letter in violation of their claims, as well as the use of the drug isopropyl cloprostenate, a synthetic prostaglandin analog in the same class of compounds as the active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs indicated to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients and to treat hypotrichosis of the eyelashes.

“RapidLash” and “NeuLash” are prescription drugs as defined in section 503(b)(1)(A) of the Act (21 U.S.C. § 353(b)(1)(A)), because, in light of their toxicity or other potentiality for harmful effect, the method of their use, or the collateral measures necessary to their use, they are not safe for use except under the supervision of a practitioner licensed by law to administer them.

These deemed drug products are NOT approved by the FDA as safe and efficacious; do not include possible side effects or the recommendation to use them under supervision; and are considered as misbranded cosmetics.

View the letter here: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm251951.htm

16 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After using many tubes of Talika Lipocils with steadfast hope but no real results, and then moving on to L'oreal Lash serum with no expectations but nicely conditioned lashes, I was really excited to stumble upon Rapidlash, and find so many positive reviews.

I've used this for 8 weeks and my experience is this: Slightly itching eyes at some points, but no other allergic reactions. No results for 4 weeks but after the 5th week I noticed my lashes were significantly darker, and perhaps a tad thicker. Some lash fallout, but nothing more than usual. Picture comparisons showed a slight increase in length, but no increase in curl-ability. By week 6, I noticed unsightly hairs underneath my eyes where I'm positive it was hairless (or at least barely visible peach fuzz before) and by week 7, those hairs got darker and longer. I'm assuming that since my lashes are the stick straight Asian type, my formula coated lashes made contact with my undereye area. This caused the most prominent result of my Rapidlash experience to be Sasquatch-y eyes. My husband begged me to stop using it and after an extra week of clinging to the hope that the benefits would outweigh the consequences, my lashes didn't show enough improvement to warrant continued use.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No