October 21, 2014 | 981 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettEva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my brother had bought the Clarasonic for himself and never used it so decided to give it to me, I was so excited to try it out from all the good things I had heard about it. I knew there would be some break-outs from the start of using it but had no idea that they would just keep getting worse. The Clarasonic is way to harsh for your skin no matter what anyone says, It is not worth the money at all. It's just a gimmick. Do yourself a favor and save your money.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love the clarisonic given all the great things I'd heard about it before purchasing it. The first couple of days I tried it out, I thought it was amazing how clean it made my skin feel and how much makeup and dirt/oil it removed from what seemed to me like a properly cleansed face. That's where the good stuff ended. I started breaking out horribly and I think the clarisonic just irritated my skin even more. After I stopped using the clarisonic, my skin slowly started to heal and normalized.

I think this product is better suited to those who have minimal to no acne issues. From my personal experience, the clarisonic was way too harsh for my skin and did not help it in the long run.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for face circulation and exfoliation.

If you have sensitive skin be very gentle as too much pressure will irritate.

Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.

I highly recommend getting the MIA for all skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kathysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic is the best thing out there. I bought it because I found myself breaking out in milia. For the first 3 months my skin did purge, I used it everyday. But it was all worth it. I've been using it for 6 months and my skin is so smooth, the size of my pores have reduced, and I don't even wear foundation anymore!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every other day. I love that it is gentle and has a waterproof case. It's a great way to clean, exfoliate, and relax my skin anytime of the day. Only problem I have is that it is an extremely expensive investment! If it were half the price, these would make great gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's the story of my experience with the Clarisonic Mia:

I work as an archaeologist and have gotten kind of obsessed about cleaning my face in the evenings after long sweaty days where my face is covered in sunscreen, sweat, and dirt. A coworker goes for facials, but I decided I'd try the Mia (which would be, in my opinion, the less expensive of the two options).

When I first started using the Mia I'd only use it about 3 times a week so as not to shock my skin because a friend suggested that using it twice a day could be too harsh for some people.

The first thing I noticed was that my skin absorbed moisturizer far better than before, but other than that I didn't see a great change in my skin (which is sensitive and prone to break outs). I was sort of skeptical of its benefits, but I kept with it. I now use it in the evenings (because I'm too lazy in the morning) and in the morning and at night on the weekend.

It's now been nearly 6 months and I'm glad I stuck with it: my skin has never been better. The trick for me was to exfoliate before using the Mia, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the full benefits of using the Mia in the first place.

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I haven't had a breakout since my new skincare regime. *happy dance*

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by brownsonana

I have been using this brush for almost 2 years. And I am very pleased! I use the refreshing gel with the brush and it does a beautiful job! After a week my face started to look beautiful!! I am so happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MarliH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can tell you, without a doubt, that the Mia is my "can not live without" product!!!! I have always had trouble skin. I have tried everything out there. I was on Acutane as a teenager and have been on and off with using proactive. I purchased the Mia after trying proactive for the last time. I had a terrible reaction to the proactive and got my money back.
Yes, as with many, I did break out in the beginning of using my Mia. . I realized that the clarisonic acne wash that came with it was irritating my skin. I quickly got rid of that. Then I decided to go on the clarisonic site and read the reviews about break outs. I FOUND THE CURE, After each use, I take a little bit of dawn antibacterial dish soap and hot water and thoroughly clean my brush head. I use it twice a day and do it every time. I take it apart as well, once a week, and clean the brush and holder. I think the MIA, along with my PHILOSOPHY PURITY facial cleanser are my "must haves"!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first week or two that I used the Mia my skin looked fantastic. Pores were looking clearer, skin was glowing and starting to look smooth.

Sadly the positive results didn't last, and after a couple of weeks of once daily use my skin texture began to feel quite rough and look ruddy. I also began to develop deep cysts.

I stopped using the Mia and returned to my previous routine, and within about 4 weeks my skin cleared up. I waited a few months and tried again, this time only using it once every 3 days. Within a few weeks though my skin started to misbehave again. So I stopped using it.

Fast forward more than a year and I again tried it. Using the sensitive brush head again and my regular cleanser, but after just the first use my skin felt rough, looked ruddy and was flaking like crazy.

My skin seems to do best using a muslin (or wash) cloth for exfoliation (which I can use twice daily with no problems) and chemical exfoliation (glycolic acid) every other day, so I'll be sticking with those from now on.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No