October 30, 2014 | 1139 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love the Clarisonic Mia. I have always wanted one and since I wear a full face of make up everyday, I felt as though my skin could really benefit from using it. I have fairly small pores naturally and have never really had bad "problematic" skin but I do break out from wearing make up and I also get cystic acne during that time of the month. Since my pores are small, I feel as though the acne is very deep seeded and even when I use an extractor or I try to pop it, it just gets worse and it is stuck underneath my skin so all it does is create a mountain on my face. I do not wash my face everyday, I use make up wipes to take off all of my make up and I know that is definitely not giving me the deep clean I need when I wear a full face of foundation, concealer, powder, blush n highlighter. I never experienced a "purge" when I used this, and i've had it since June. I also never used it twice a day, every day of the week. The first week I bought it I did use it 4 days and twice a day. I did notice my skin was instantly less greasy and oily and it literally ate up my facial moisturizer in half the time it normally took to sink in. Lately I have been much too busy and lazy to use it more than 2-3 times a week, but I feel as though it's good enough. It's hard enough waking up at 3:30a/4a everyday, I just don't have the time to shower and wash my face every morning. I use Philosophy's "Purity" Cleanser and it works amazing. Even after I use make up wipes and rinse off my face, it's kind of scary to see all of the make up that melts away from underneath your skin. To think I was just falling asleep every night letting all of that bake away! Overall, the condition of my skin hasn't improved dramatically. I don't look like a glowing unicorn and I still have some redness but the texture of my skin HAS improved tremendously. I was born with little bumps on my cheeks n my arms and it has almost gone away. That result alone made the Mia worth the money in my opinion. I also always clean the brush head after each use with my Purity cleanser. I do think using this everyday 2x's a day is too harsh for even the most tolerable skin, but I do think it can be very beneficial.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes people, you go through hell before the Clarisonic Mia does its magic. It is worth the suffering...

I went through 3 weeks of troubled skin before it cleared up. But afterwards, I didn't break out for a very long time. When I did get a pimple, it wasn't huge and noticeable either. They were just small nuisances that other people didn't even notice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 556Catherine556

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tell all my friends who wear makeup about the clarisonic! After suffering from clogged pores and breakouts all summer, I went to a derm who recommended I try this brush. After all the money I paid in other acne products, the price on this product is worth the investment.

I think it is important that you don't overuse this brush on your face, especially in the beginning and if your skin is not used to exfoliating. I used it for half the recommended time once every second day to start and I did not experience a "purge", just a gradual reduction in the acne that was already present. Now, I wash my face with dove sensitive soap to remove most of my makeup, and then I use the brush with another lather of the soap. I have never used it for the full cycle, I feel like the amount of time they recommend may be too harsh for my sensitive skin.

A simple skincare routine and gentle use of this brush has done wonders for my skin. This is an excellent product for removing makeup residue, and allows other products to absorb better (like moisturizer). I believe Sephora has a good return policy, so if you are on the fence about this product, try it but GO EASY for best results.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettEva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my brother had bought the Clarasonic for himself and never used it so decided to give it to me, I was so excited to try it out from all the good things I had heard about it. I knew there would be some break-outs from the start of using it but had no idea that they would just keep getting worse. The Clarasonic is way to harsh for your skin no matter what anyone says, It is not worth the money at all. It's just a gimmick. Do yourself a favor and save your money.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love the clarisonic given all the great things I'd heard about it before purchasing it. The first couple of days I tried it out, I thought it was amazing how clean it made my skin feel and how much makeup and dirt/oil it removed from what seemed to me like a properly cleansed face. That's where the good stuff ended. I started breaking out horribly and I think the clarisonic just irritated my skin even more. After I stopped using the clarisonic, my skin slowly started to heal and normalized.

I think this product is better suited to those who have minimal to no acne issues. From my personal experience, the clarisonic was way too harsh for my skin and did not help it in the long run.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for face circulation and exfoliation.

If you have sensitive skin be very gentle as too much pressure will irritate.

Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.

I highly recommend getting the MIA for all skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kathysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic is the best thing out there. I bought it because I found myself breaking out in milia. For the first 3 months my skin did purge, I used it everyday. But it was all worth it. I've been using it for 6 months and my skin is so smooth, the size of my pores have reduced, and I don't even wear foundation anymore!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every other day. I love that it is gentle and has a waterproof case. It's a great way to clean, exfoliate, and relax my skin anytime of the day. Only problem I have is that it is an extremely expensive investment! If it were half the price, these would make great gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's the story of my experience with the Clarisonic Mia:

I work as an archaeologist and have gotten kind of obsessed about cleaning my face in the evenings after long sweaty days where my face is covered in sunscreen, sweat, and dirt. A coworker goes for facials, but I decided I'd try the Mia (which would be, in my opinion, the less expensive of the two options).

When I first started using the Mia I'd only use it about 3 times a week so as not to shock my skin because a friend suggested that using it twice a day could be too harsh for some people.

The first thing I noticed was that my skin absorbed moisturizer far better than before, but other than that I didn't see a great change in my skin (which is sensitive and prone to break outs). I was sort of skeptical of its benefits, but I kept with it. I now use it in the evenings (because I'm too lazy in the morning) and in the morning and at night on the weekend.

It's now been nearly 6 months and I'm glad I stuck with it: my skin has never been better. The trick for me was to exfoliate before using the Mia, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the full benefits of using the Mia in the first place.

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I haven't had a breakout since my new skincare regime. *happy dance*