July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by alidog

Cannot live without this product! I've been using it now for 18 months and have noticed such a positive change to my skin! Not only does it feel smoother, it's healthier and all around better!

Here is my video review for more information:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

I've had the Clarisonic for 1 year & a few months. I truly feel I can properly review it. I didn't think it was a miracle product until the last week. Last month I was working extra hours & was over tired, stressed & not taking care of my skin. I would just cleanse my face, moisturize & go to sleep- I didn't use the Mia for 1 month. The couple days I wore makeup, it was awful- my makeup wouldn't last, it applied blotchy & looked cakey.I was breaking out, oily & my skin just looked dull. I was annoyed, & blamed the Summer heat, although I never had such severe issues before. Finally after work calmed down, I rediscovered my Mia & totally forgot I had it. After only a couple days of usage, my skin became normal again :) my makeup goes on great, my skin feels fresh, & feels rejuvenated. The breakouts have also stopped- I was almost getting a blemish daily, & I haven't had one since using this again. Even though I've had this awhile, I didn't realize just how much of a difference it made to my skin. It was a luxury product I liked using, but I now know it's an essential.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by quickbrownfox

This is not going to be a "Pros: Cons:" type of review because I believe no cleansing or acne product is that simple. Personally, I find "It works 5 lippies. It doesn't work, 2 lippies" type of reviews puzzling. I find myself wondering about the ways the reviewer used it. Like how often she used it, for how long she used it, with what other products she used it...

When I first about Clarisonic 2 years ago, I though that it was an overrated cleansing brush. I always found electric tooth brushes useless too. However, about 1.5 years ago I went through a disastrous hormonal change and something really bad happened to my skin. My skin was always prone to acne but I had everything under control as long as I took off my make up and washed my face before going to bad. I started using birth control pills and things began to get better but in a very slow pace. I was in desperate need of a drastic change in my routine and I was ready to buy anything so I thought I could give Clarisonic a shot.

First of all, don't to expect miracles from a product you put on your face once or twice every once in a while. If you find something that works for you, you stick to it. As I realized Clarisonic cleans my face like no other cleanser or method I used before, I made up my mind to use it twice a day, every day. It's a serious business, it takes time and consistency. In a month, my skin cleared up nicely. Blackheads are smaller, almost gone. My skin texture improved quite good too. This is pretty much the only product I've seen that makes my pores smaller over a night.

Right now it's like this: If I get lazy and don't use Clarisonic for 3 nights in a row, pop goes a pimple on my chin. I use it for 2 weeks without giving a break, I look at the mirror and say: Wow, I really have a clear skin right now.

Secondly, I always keep in mind that this is just the basis of a skin care routine. You need a decent moisturizer to follow up with. (I like Clarins Hydraquench and Dermalogica Active Moist) If you need to take care of a little pimple or so, I find Benzoyl Peroxide (10% formula, Zapzyt) quite useful.

By the way, I never used Clarisonic's own cleansing gels. I like Dermalogica's Clearing Skin Gel but when I had enough of its price I switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and love it as much. I think every brand should do its own business therefore I approach Clarisonic's, which is an electric facial brush brand, cleansing gels and creams with doubt.

I always had a good cleanser, but without Clarisonic, even after washing my face I used to find make-up bits on the cotton pads I applied toner with. Those nasty bits of make up clog pores and cause blackheads and acne.

I know what it is to have acne prone skin, I now how you get tired of trying products all the time and seeing them not making any change, getting depressed, losing hope. Oh I know that cycle. I used to think, hey maybe my skin is like this from now on, I'll put on a ton of make up on during the day and hope my future husband doesn't notice it during the night. No, nobody's skin has to have red spots and blackheads, skins do get better. Cleaning it decently is at the core of everything. You can never clean with your hands this good.

About the Olay brush, I have to say I've seen it, even though I'm never against the cheaper alternative if it's working just the same, I hated it. It looks and feels nothing like Clarisonic. There is no way that it will give the same effect as the original, everything is different about it. It's merely a copy cat and I have no respect for poor imitations. This is a one time investment and I'm sure that people like me (who are in constant battle with their combination skin) have already spent way more than the Clarisonic Mia's price.

I'm sorry that I've probably written the longest review that is about a brush on earth but I thought I had to write all my thoughts about this brush since it changed the way I feel about my skin.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

Why this works:

Unlike the Olay spin brush facial buffer, Clairsonic uses sonic vibrations that not only scrub the surface, but loosen up and pull out dirt that scrubs, brushes, and facecloths leave behind. So, dirt and oil literally get shaken out of the pore, and dead skin cells on the surface are brushed off. There is a huge difference between this and facial buffers.

My pores are so clear, the clearest they have been ever. Plus I no longer have flakies from my retinal and St. Ives scrubs create from excessive dryness and irritation. The Mia takes the place of a facial, and I like that is gentle enough but effective enough to use everyday, in my opinion and experience.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Totez worth the $160 I spent on it.

EDIT: i use this once a week. i prefer st. ives scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This product saved my skin. Before, I was using acne creams (Retin-A micro & clindamycin) but did not want to put harsh chemicals on my face. After hearing the rage about this product, I really wanted to try it. It did take me awhile because it IS a splurge. However, I'm SO GLAD I bought this. It makes my rough, oily, acne-prone skin feel so soft and comfortable. Honestly, I never felt my skin this way before this product. Along with eating right and getting enough rest, using this product helped me leave my topical acne treatments behind! Thank you Clarisonic :) Now, I want to try the Sonic-care toothbrush :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sophiasbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Clarisonic is a little pricey but its worth it! Using the Clarisonic gives a gentle exfoliation without any harsh chemicals. You can use the Clarisonic device anywhere on the face or both. Your skin will be GLOWING and baby soft after first use! Mine holds a charge for several days (I use mine everyday in the shower, I find it easy to help remove makeup in the evenings) TIP: If you use your Clarisonic to remove makeup and the brush gets dirty. Put a little bit of Ivory bar or liquid soap on it. The brush will be white, brand new again! Ivory soap is a super cheap way to clean your Clarisonic brush heads.

While its not necessary to use the Clarisonic every day. I find its a luxurious way to pamper my face every night before bed. The clarisonic helps the products you put on your skin absorb better, therefore I use my serums right after the Clarisonic. My skin is fresh, clean, glowing & clear.

Do yourself a favor. Stop wasting your $ on cheap product you will just toss after a few uses with no results. Invest in the Clarisonic. We sell it in our store, we its the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm 38 and my main skin concern is dehydration which is most evident by the flaky skin around my eyebrows. I have tried all kinds of exfoliation to get rid of this flaky skin (scrubs, buff pads, AHA, BHA...) and all of those worked only minimally, if at all. The Clarisonic Mia, on the other hand, got rid of most of the flakiness the 1st time I used it. Now I use it about 2 times per week to keep the flakes in check. BTW I use the delicate brush because I have sensitive skin, and even so, I can only use it on my T zone as I find it too rough on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love my Clairisonic! :) I have moderate acne and using this has definitely reduced it on areas like my forehead and cheeks. It feel so refreshing and cleans off any makeup I have on my face. It's pretty pricey, but it definitely does the job. The convenient packaging makes it super easy to travel with, and I've been using it for years. The charging process is a little annoying because it takes around 24 hours, but it's worth it. My Clairisonic has definitely reached HG status and I can't let it go! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my clarisonic. It is probably my best investment ever. I can notice a difference between the days I use it and the days I don't. When I first got it, my skin was in a state of horror. Acne everywhere but after owning it for about a year I can see my skin start to clear up. I'm not going to say that the clarisonic has cleared my face, but I think the clarisonic helped remove all the dirt and dead skin cells from my face to allow for my other skin care stuff penetrate and treat my skins better and more effectively. I sort of experienced that purging phase but I can't say for sure it is because of the brush or other factors such as stress and hormones or whatever. I notice how different my skin feels when I use it and when I don't. Usually after I use it, I would use a toner and the cotton pad would be clean. When I don't, there is still residual makeup on my face that my face wash didn't get. My skin feels softer and much cleaner after every use. It uses a wall charger and holds a charge for a very long time. I went to get a facial the other day and the esthetician said there was barely any dead skin cells for her to exfoliate off. I've had my clarisonic for about 3 years now and have never experienced any issues with it breaking. I use it every night in the shower. If I were to lose it or it were to break, I'd definitely go out and buy a new one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This has become a HG cleansing system for me!
My skin: combo (dry on cheeks & oily in the Tzone), little acne, tons of small acne scars

Prior to purchasing this, I've always used skin cleansers (foaming, cream, & exfoliating) to cleans my face after removing my make up. While I thought, regular cleansers did a good job in removing the excess oil and make up left overs, I would always find myself with small acne, and a lot of white clogged pores. I always thought about getting the Clarisonic Mia but I figured that my cleansers were good enough.

It wasn't until Christmas 2012 that I splurged on the Mia (around $120, not exactly sure). I bought the sensitive brush head because I have dry cheeks that do tend to get flaky from overwash/general dryness. I wasn't expecting such greatness coming from such a simply brush. After my first initial wash, I was surprised at how comfortable the vibrating motions felt on my face. It really felt as if my deep skin layers were also getting a nice treatment.

It's been 7-8 months since I've had this, and I've been using it once everyday - at night time. It removes all the dirt and grim off my face AND removes traces of make up that's left behind from my make up remover wipes. It literally shows how much make up is still on my face because the brush head turns a foundation color because of all the left over product that is on my face. This showed me that my basic cleaners were not enough to both clean my face and to remove any make up traces. I normally use this after my shower. I'll splash my face with lukewarm water, dot my face with a cleanser and then go in with the Mia for 60 seconds.

I have noticed less redness, less pimples (besides the ones i get when its the time of the month) and less trouble spots on my face after using the Mia. I've also noticed that the vibrating motions have also helped in dissipating acne scars on my face (faster than when using regular cleansers). However, I sometimes give my face a break from the Clarisonic on the days where I don't wear make up. On these days, I'll use my regular foaming cleansers.

The charging device is very convenient. In fact, the Mia barely needs to be charged often. I use mine once a day, and I only charge it once a month. The small cleanser that comes with the Clarisonic is ok. It foams up a lot and does an alright job in cleansing the face, however I'd like to use my own cleansers.

While the replacement brush heads are somewhat expensive $28 for one, I get the 4-pack brush heads from Nordstorm as it's cheaper ($18 for one when purchasing the 4-pack). Since I only use the Mia once a day, I only change the brush head when the bristles are starting to flare out.

I definitely would repurchase and recommend this for anyone that has combination to slightly dry skin. It really cleans deep into your pores and deep cleans your face! It might be bulky to carry for travel, but I find that it has transformed my skin so it is definitely worth it for me!