September 18, 2014 | 1906 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fernandaalines

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Syrup is my new official favorite lipstick. More than that, I'd dare to say this is my favorite cosmetic ever. I've been in love with Faux - which is more on the nude side, for such a long time now, but also have been looking for for a more pinky shade of ls and this one just fits exactly what I was aiming at. Being a lustre, Syrup feels extremely comfortable on the lips, it's not drying at all and at the same time it adds a good amount of color, making me look brighter and healthier. It's definitely MLBB. If you're looking for a mauvy pink, with a glossy finish, you should definitely give Syrup a try. This is HG beyond any doubt!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A sweet sheer pink lipstick. This lipstick is somewhat sheer and therefore doesn't have a high level of pigmentation. It goes on smooth and lasts a decent amount of time. It shows up on my lips as a neutral pinky mauve. I wore this on my wedding day, and it worked well for me. A nice pink neutral color, but nothing to write home about. I tend to prefer more pigmented lipsticks, so I'm not sure this is for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I cannot wear all those nude lip shades that are in the usual beige hues- Creme D'Nude, Myth etc- for example, MAC's Blankety makes me look ill/ washed out and my teeth yellowish. (For ref, I am very pale, NC15, with brown hair).

So, I got this lipstick instead and it is perfect. The shade is a nude pink with a cool undertone and a tiny touch of mauve mixed in- a very similar shade to what my lips naturally are. It is a fab MLBB shade for me. Plus the Lustre formulation isn't drying like some other MAC lipsticks can be. It looks great alone or with a bit of Underage lipglass on top (dotted on and then evened out by smooshing lips together) and it stays put for hours without feeling dry or uncomfortable.

Love it, and will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by auraceen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first lipstick and I love it. Lipsticks usually intimidate me because it seems like one wrong move and it's totally obvious that my lips aren't all natural. This color is a shade or two darker than my natural lip color and goes great with anything. I love the finish and scent. It goes on smooth and reapplies well. I will definitely buy this over and over again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So Im not sure why anyone would say this is a NUDE PINK, its a frosty bright summer girl pink. Not natural looking at all, unless bright pink is natural. I have also looked at the Maybelline dupe as some say in warm me up and its so much more natural nude pink than Syrup. I wouldnt even compare the two, not on my NC25 skin.

I'll be reswapping this baby, as I was so excited to get it, but not for me, maybe if I was still 25.

So pretty in the tube~

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipstick! I love love love this lipstick and the color. Mac's lustre lipsticks are my favorite along with the glaze finishes because it does not dry out my lips and makes them look pretty glossy. Yet, not as glossy as the sadly discontinued Mac slimshines :(. I bought this off the recommendation of the Mac MUA when I asked for a nice natural looking pink. I took one look at the tube and i thought it would go on a bit purplish but as Mac fans know, lustres are always on the sheer side. This lipstick gives my lips the "your lip color, but better" look. The color is very pink on me and has a very slight mauvey undertone. It goes on very smoothly and lasts a very long time. And of course it has Mac's signature vanilla scent to it, very yummy. I would recommend anyone to try this color or the lustre lipsticks in general, they are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My very first MAC lipstick! I got this because it was recommended by the MUA as a natural nude color. This is definitely a MLBB shade and it is very moisturizing! I love the scent as well. It does not have the best staying power but it helps if I put a gloss over it.

DUPE ALERT: Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in "Warm Me Up"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Syrup lipstick has a pretty pink mauvey sheer color. What I like about this lipstick is that it's not drying and looks good on almost any look that I do (whether Im going for a dramatic eyeshadow or neutrals). I think this color looks good on anyone. It is sheer, but its very buildable. Will recommend for anyone looking into buying lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Looks great with my natural lip color! Deepens them just enough! This is an everyday color for me! YAY! My new fav!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetmoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour. It's a pretty pink mauve-y, not too bright perfect for an office look lippie! It's very pretty with or without a lipliner. Very nice with a neutral eye. Totally love the formula it's soft and creamy and doesn't dry out your lips.