August 29, 2014 | 1177 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 'go to eyeliner'... Usually my problem purchasing other liquid eyeliners are the brushes...The brush on this is nice and thin allowing you to create any look...I prefer just a very thin line to line my eyes and this liner is perfect. It's cheap and it's very pigmented. The only con would be that although I can wear mine and it won't come off, it comes off easily when wet. But I would highly recomment this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by jocelynwallace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner. A lot of people seem to be displeased with it, but for merely $1, I find that it is very pigmented (truly black) and lasts several hours--- it had made it through a rainy day totally intact. Like what other people were saying, it can run quite a bit when applying, and takes several seconds to dry. Once I got a technique down, however, it was worth the time and effort. I make sure the brush isn't overly loaded with the product (I use tissue or rub some of it off into the bottle), and I keep plenty of qtips at hand and fix it as I am applying. It also helps to use a light hand and not rush. This is one of the first liquid eyeliners I've worn on the reg, and I believe it is great for first-timers to practice and get the hang of application. I love to wear thick 1960's/Amy Winehouse-esque cat eyes, and after plenty of practice I've been able to make this look great on me. And I bet people can't tell that I'm wearing cheap eyeliner. (Note: pics might follow suit)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

There is no beating this. It is a couple of dollars and I prefer it to the MAC liquid eyeliner or any other. It is easy to apply once your practice. It is reasonably pigmented. And it lasts about 6 hours flawlessley! Amazing product and crazy cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This liquid eyeliner is great, and not only for the price, $1! It's very pigmented, the color is pitch black. It's pretty long-lasting. I wore it on New Year's Eve, and it didn't smudge or run. The brush is thin and it's easy to make a thin or thick line with it. It does take a little while to dry, but when it does dry, it barely budges, though it's easy to wash off. The packaging is simple but nice, although the lettering on it has almost completely worn off. I would advise putting a thin line of pencil eyeliner underneath it to make it look more natural and last longer. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great eyeliner! The application is smooth and precise. Plus it's only a buck! I will most definitely buy again and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive liquid liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by astrogirl7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even though I like most E.L.F. products. This one didn't measure up.

The eyeliner was kind of watery, and streaked when I put it on. It also takes a while to dry.

The eyeliner functions which is why I gave it a 2, but I was disappointed with it.

If you want a good cheap (cruelty free) liquid eyeliner, I recommend Wet'n'Wild MegaLiner. That's what I used before, that's what I'll be going back to.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by daisyjunkie

For $1 you can't really complain much about it. The good points: cheap, easy to use. The not-so-good points: dries up quickly and I always get that 'pokey' feeling from the tip of the brush. Turns me off from this product totally. Great for beginners in the stage of learning to put on liquid eyeliner. But for long term use, it is advisable to go for other more proven liquid eyeliner brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as liquid eyeliners go, I found this to be decent. Having said that, I actually have WAY better results using gel eyeliner and an eyeliner brush.

I found that this liquid eyeliner was fairly easy to apply. The applicator is great and give you the thinnest black line. My biggest issue with this liner (and other brands of liners that are packaged like this) is that after the product gets a bit old (10-15 uses) or gets even a little bit dried out, it is way harder to apply (can go on streaky) and can be flaky if you try to layer it or put on too much. However, for the price, this product is of decent quality and (in my opinion) comparable to the MAC liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

I have this in Coffee (the brown color) and I'm honest surprised by how much I like this. For $1 this is not bad AT ALL! It's not perfect either, but the value can't be beat and it works just fine.

The brush is fine for me, except if you use the pointy end it can hurt and poke your eye a bit. I actually find the brush quite easy to control and creating a wing with the brush is a piece of cake since the brush is so thin. The Coffee color is a brown/black that's not quite as intense as just black but still darker than a typical brown color. The formula dries pretty quickly, which is a major plus for my hooded eyelids. The bad thing is that the first line may come out slightly streaky and not fully pigmented, but you can build it up. I am someone that rubs my eyes a lot throughout the day (often forgetting that I have makeup on) and this even endures my rubbing pretty well! It does fade a bit throughout the day, but it definitely remains visible at the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend everyone to give this a try! It's only a dollar so even if you don't like it you won't feel like you wasted too much money! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner wasn't the best for me. The brush is very flimsy, and it's really hard to control, especially because I'm not an expert at applying liquid eyeliner. The formula isn't very long-wearing, but I really like the pigmented black color that comes from it. Overall I definitely wouldn't recommend it to beginners, but if you're used to eyeliners with a similar tip, you might find it to be good. Wouldn't really recommend it.