E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 5/29/2013 12:30:00 AM

Pros:
-I personally prefer a more liquid-y formula when using liquid eyeliners because it's easier to use on my eye shape, and this was the right consistency.
-Only $1!
-Cute packaging/container thingy

Cons:
-Started to fade too quickly
-Burns your eyes
-Dries out way too fast

Overall: Unless you are in desperate need of a liquid liner, skip out on this. Spending $5 on a liquid liner that you can use for multiple times is better than constantly spend $1 on something you maybe get 2-3 uses out of.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My review is for the Coffee/Brown eyeliner because that color is not listed. I'm happy with it. It's easy to use, the liner is simple and defined. It's a nice, dark, coffee color, which I like, dark enough that it gives my eyes definition. It does take a little time to dry, so if I want to either build it up or smudge it a little, I have time. It's blendable, but that takes time to learn to do. I've also used it under my bottom lashes for definition. Not on my waterline, but underneath the lashes instead and it's worked perfectly. It's also a sharp line if you want. All in all, for a buck? I'm happy.
I not have the copper shimmer, an iridescent shimmer and the black. The black stays put beautifully. It's a nice matte black that glides on effortlessly. The copper shimmer I use on top of other colors such as turquoise and it lights up my eyes incredibly. The iridescent shimmer I can use also as a highlighter on top of black, silver, etc. to also pop my eyes. It's a good idea to use another brush to line your eyes otherwise the brush in the bottle picks up the original color you're going over and then the bottle gets contaminated with a multitude of colors. Not a pretty sight.
Make sure you keep your lid closed until the liner is dried or it will transfer to the upper part of your lid. They do seem to take awhile to dry, at least for me. But for a dollar apiece, I can live with that.

on 5/14/2013 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I got the brown, but I can't find that anywhere in reviews. I loved it for a while, til I realized that it was what burns like fire in my eyes. So, start your day off with bloodshot eyes, right?!? no thanks. Just don't know what to replace it with.

on 5/10/2013 1:33:00 PM

I love eyeliner, been using it since I was 15 and prefer it over pencil or twist up. I bought this and didn't expect anything special but it's definitely better than many expensive liners. The color is black and the line is smooth and crisp. It's your basic liner and anyone who needs more is nuts! I keep buying other brands thinking something better will come along but I always catch myself reaching for this one. Has great lasting power, definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY. So I bought this super excited because it was $1!! You can't beat that! It's a great eyeliner if you already have eye product on your eye. If not it doesn't stick on (like a crayola marker on a mirror. Same effect) after a couple weeks of using this product my eyelashes began to fall out like crazy! I changed my mascara multiple times I stopped using mascara for the longest time ever! It turns out this is the reason for my eyelash drops. It dried out the base of my lashes. The $10-15 liquid eyeliner that is meant for lash growth is a much better investment than the loss of your lashes!

on 5/6/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love my liquid eyeliner! The "brush" that was previously included wasn't the best for applying the product. I just use a bent eyeliner brush in place of it. However, the new brush that is part of the packaging is the bomb! It is actual hairs (I'm guessing synthetic) as opposed to a stick with felt or whatever on the end. The brush is so thin, you can make the most precise line without issue. I can get right in to my tear duct without smudging all over the place. Also, I find the formula is great. It stays on all day just fine. I just bought the liquid liner in midnight, and I would have the same review. Both are amazing!

on 5/6/2013 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Super watery and the brush was awful. But all is forgiven because it's ELF :)

(On a side note the blue eyeliner was actually pretty decent! Weird how they differ so much)

on 5/5/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Okay, for starters, I hate this liquid eyeliner. It smudges so easily on my eyes and I just cannot get it to work no matter how many different ways I try to apply it. It just does not work. Now as a starter liquid eyeliner, it is perfect. It did not cost much and people who are starting out will like to use this more instead of an expensive liner. Or if you are a starter just go with a pen liner and skip this liner. I have found to have more control with pen liners or even use gel. I was shocked though that I did not like this because I usually love all E.L.F products so I was a bit let down but oh well, the liner put me out just a couple bucks so no problem.

on 4/27/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So, this is a thin brush liquid eye liner, so it was a little but tough for ME, personally. But, I'll get used to it! (; Also, other than when you swipe it on your eyelid it looks a little watery, but just disregard it, it will dry in about 2 minutes, and it will look nice.(: It's really black, and intense and gives a nice fresh look. It was a dollar at target,so it was definatley worth it!

on 4/12/2013 11:42:00 AM

I loved this. It's so much better that others that I have used from pricier brands. I love the fact and its always fresh and clean in the tube. I hate when other brands will coagulate and look like the have dried out. I really recommend it.