NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 12/5/2010 10:47:00 PM

This is another blush that failed to work on me. This is such a beautiful color but i think i don't suit cooler tone and that it is so unnatural and chalky on me that i feel like an alien trying on makeup for the first time and the pink is so awkward like it didn't want to be on my face but i put it there, just so weird sorta color on my face. It is very difficult to blend well and in fact, doesn't blend into my skin at all. I will try with other brushes....hopefully i had luck but i had try with 3 different brushes already.....so hence i foresee that it will be in my cabinet for an amount of time before i churn it out to the bin as it ain't cheap! Needless to say, i won't repurchase this!

Update: have sold it off since it is basically useless on my face. It just doesn't suit me and took so many work to blend and make it right but the problem is, it just doesn't blend! Forget it, i am over Nars or any heavily pigmented blush - almost.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Ladies I love this blush!!!! First let me explain my complexion! I am MAC nw45. Ok so now I seen this blush and I was scared at first! It's bubble gum pink!!!! So I try it on almost last out of all the other shades and it was one of the prettiest!!!!! Blushes I ever brought! FYI only use a little bit on your brush! A little goes a long way!!!! I hope this review helps someone.

on 11/30/2010 11:10:00 PM

I love this blush. It just lights up my face. This blush will flatter everyone from the fairest of fair to the dark. I love the accompanied mirror, it's great for touch ups. So pigmented you only need to use a little. Totally would buy again but it'll be a long while!

on 11/24/2010 5:33:00 PM

i love this color a lot! never had one like this before. it looks so natural on my face, well...just dont put too much on lol

on 11/10/2010 2:27:00 PM

I love this blush.. It gives you a nice natural flush to my c1 from mac or deuville from nars skin I use macs 187 brush and it looks great. I'd buy it again and again and again but a little bit goes a long way with this I don't know if I will ever run out.

on 11/9/2010 4:19:00 AM

First impression, it looks so scary on the pan. Bubble gum pink! Desire is a matte blush. Once I put it on, my face looks instantly brighter. It shows up as very pretty cool pink when applied light handed. Eventhough Desire is cool pink colour, it is still suitable for warmer skintone ladies. A lot of people compared Desire with Matahari and Angelika. However, having one of the three is enough for me as they all look identical. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/Review-NARS-Blushes-Swatches-11880958

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this blush! It's extremely pigmented and soft. I'm NW15ish and this color looks amazing on me. I had looked at it several times in Sephora but always passed on buying it because it's so bright in the pan. One day I decided to swatch it on my hand and was completely sold. It gives me a really beautiful "doll" flush. I have to be really careful to use a very light hand when applying this because too much will make me look like a clown. When I apply this I barely tap my brush into the blush. This color definitely looks great on very fair skin tones and I am sure it would look very nice on darker women as well. This is one of my favorite blushes. I will definitely repurchase this in the future if I ever run out, but I cannot imagine that happening any time soon. Buy this!! You won't be disappointed!

on 10/18/2010 4:57:00 PM

I have very light skin and I find that the blush is very workable to make it appear natural. The secret is to use a really light hand. I was kind of intimidated when I purchased it, as it seems really bright in the package but it leaves a beautiful flush in the end. I get compliments that I look really healthy when I do wear it so clearly it isn't fake looking on me. The only downside is the price, but I imagine that I will have it for a really long time as a little really does a lot.

on 10/11/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess I am in the minority on desire. I was dying to try this so I swapped for it but it looked chalky and unnatural on my cheeks that I had to swap this away as well. I have had about 3-4 nars blushes and I am disappointed very time with the quality and texture of the blushes. I really wanted to love nar blushes but for now I'll prefer to stick to MAC.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is almost my perfect blush. I need a tad bit of peach in my blush so I mix this with CoverGirl Classic in Natural Glow.

Desire is easy to apply and does not look chalky. If you want a dewy look scrape a little and mix it with a bit of moisturizer.

Popular Blush Products