Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I heard all these raves about Lancome's mascaras, particularly the Hypnose ones, so naturally I was interested despite the fact I knew going in that it would not be cheap. I reeally wanted to love this, but sadly I was a bit disappointed. I won't be buying it again.
The sales lady who sold me this told me that it was a best-seller, everyone loves it and I would not be disappointed. Of course she would say this, and still after hearing her and many other reviews my expectations I admit were high. But to my frusteration I found this mascara actually does the opposite of what I thought it would do and what it says it will do. This Hypnose Drama stuff is supposed to be volumizing and I guess "plump" up your eyelashes for that dramatic look, but instead I found it was just so-so. It's not the worst mascara out there, but it gives you more of just a basic, natural look with maybe a bit of length. The few positive things I did notice is that 1.) it doesn't clump and 2.) the lid snaps when you close it, which I thought was kind of cool.

on 2/18/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried a gwp size of this. Mascara's success depends on both formula and brush. While this one is not an awful mascara, life is too short to use 3-lippie mascara : )
If you ignore the silly S-shape of the brush and just use the curve like any other curved or spoon-shaped brush, it's not bad. The bristles are too far apart for my taste though. Combine that with a too-wet formula, and I ended up with several lashes wetly stuck together, needing a metal lash comb. The look was overall not too bad, but far from HG. Decent length and so-so volume...drier formulas volumize better in my opinion. It did not hold curl nor did it completely wilt my curl. But one thing I cannot forgive (and will never understand) is fragrance in mascara. Being Lancome, this one is literally perfumed. Driving to work, I could smell my mascara--think about how wrong that is. It's my eyes, they don't need to smell good. I also felt like maybe it was making my eyes a little itchy (perhaps a psychological reaction to the scent).

nyp

on 2/13/2013 9:50:00 AM

Yes, this gets clumpy the first few times you use it. If it's day time just apply one layer until you get used to it, then you can do what you want.
If it does get clumpy you can use those mascara like brushes.
Obviously in the evening apply as many layers as you like! Go for it.

It is the blackest, most dramatic, lengthening and thickening mascara ever and I love it. It makes my eyes look bigger. It's definitely not a subtle look. I don't even need to use eyelash curlers with this.

No complaints! It lasts all day and doesn't flake off.
Actually...it is hard to wash/take off. That is a downside but doesn't bother me.

on 2/11/2013 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My fav mascara ever is Lanc˘me's Definicils but this one is also really nice, although the effect is different.
Hypn˘se drama gives me chunky, long and dramatic lashes that frame my eyes nicely. It's not waterproof but it can handle rain quite well and it doesn't flake, which is of course good (and expected due to the price).
I will probably repurchase it one day but I have tons of other mascaras I want to try out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Oh man I LOVE this mascara!! It's my favorite mascara ever! no matter how much I apply it doesnt clump on me. Its all about application. I hate the price, that's the only down side but its worth it in my book. I would have to put coat after coat after coat with most drugstore mascaras to achieve the same result of just 1 or 2 coats with this one. Lancome never fails at mascara!

on 2/2/2013 9:59:00 AM

I tried this mascara because of the review of my fav blogger, Raeview and this mascara been her HG so I just bought it and I LOVE IT!
I have straight, thin asian lashes, so mascara is my a must. I've tried too many mascara that were immediatley promising, until I checked out my lashes a few minutes later to find the curl had disappeared. My other mascaras always promised volume and length, but didn't live up to it. THIS MASCARA DOES! It holds a curl well, volumizes and lengthens. Best of all, it doesn't clump at all. Overall it is a great mascara. I would definitely repurchase, which is really saying something considering I've never bought the same mascara twice.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara and always will; just not the price tag. It does a fantastic job of volumizing my lashes, and I get asked very often if I am wearing falsies because this mascara is that good. For reference my lashes are not straight or sparese. I'm also love the Fresh supernova mascara, L'oreal voluminous, and Clinique High Impact mascara. So if you are into the look you get from these types of mascaras and have some extra cash laying around I would reccomend this. It's a great product, but if you need someonething more wallet friendly I would purchase the L'oreal Voluminous mascara instead.

*UPDATE*
I have come to love this mascara! One of my favourites. It does make my lashes longer and thicker and separated - I noticed this when I was looking at photos from a recent trip. HOWEVER it does flake which is a downside but I love what it does so much I would probably buy it again unless I could find another mascara with the same effect but without the flaking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was excited to buy this mascara however I haven't found it to be too amazing. Don't get me wrong, I like it, however it isn't what I look for in a mascara. I feel as if it doesn't make my lashes look very long, but it does separate them fairly nicely. Don't think I will buy it again, I might try just the plain hypnose, I remember loving that, which is why I bought this in the first place

on 1/26/2013 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

It's been two weeks since i got this mascara and so far its been great!

I've tried different ways of using this mascara and the results are spectacular! Really lengthen's your lashes and it really makes your eyes POP! I've tried a couple of drugstore mascaras and so far none has lengthened my lashes this well! (I have it on right now and i can't stop looking at my lashes, :P) I usually curl my lashes but with this, i was surprised i could get away without curling it :O

The only downside for me would be the price! It took me a while to get this.. and the reason I jumped to getting it was because i had a $15 voucher at Sephora! If i wanted to repurchase it for the full price, i would definitely be thinking twice. Though I'm pretty sure if i can't find a drugstore mascara that's close or slightly similar to this i'd definitely save up and repurchase it. I guess if you put it this way.. the fact that i can get away without curling my lashes - you get an eyelash curler + mascara all in one! so i would say its worth it :)

UPDATE 12/02/2013
I realised that the formula tires my eyes, and it does feel a lil heavy.. I thought it was because i had a lack of sleep (which i did) but when i switched to another mascara (just for the fun of it) i realised it was the mascara. It's pretty disappointing, but i think it's something i could get used to. We will see.

on 1/21/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This mascara was disappointing. I had heard so many good things about Lancome mascaras. This one clumped & flaked like crazy. On top of that it was hard to remove. I ended up returning it. I'll stick to my HG drugstore mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous).