July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily hooded eyes.

Finally, a gel liner that didn't budge by end of the work day (MUFE eye prime and TF matte shadows)... the color I have is Eggplant which is not particularly the deep black purple I like (try NARS Tatar), but I'll pick up a few more colors at this price under $10. Oh and just to name drop and be annoying like that, Charlotte Tilsbury also rec's this product in her Feline Flick YT video.

Beats out Bobbi Brown and MAC for me (both too wet and therefore smudgey smudge), the L'Oreal version also was poor, and I like this just as much as my favorite Kanebo KATE (but this is a heck of a lot easier to obtain in the US).

UPDATE 12/14/13: I am really loving the Eggplant shade whenever I use any of the MAC purple / taupe shades such as Satin Taupe or Shale.

UPDATE 4/9/14: 6M later, the pot is pretty dry and harder to pick up product. My BB, Mac, Kanebo Kate gel liner pots are MUCH older and doesn't have this texture... probably won't pick up again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fishbiscuit

if i dont have time to wear makeup i at least have to wear eyeliner. ive tried every kind and almost every brand of eyeliner. this is by far the worst ive ever bought!! it smudges off less than an hour after wearing and it clearly says smudge proof!! besides that the applicator brush that came along was terrible. i bought this for $13 wich isnt that expensive and i wasnt expecting the best, but at least it should stay on my face for a few hours, i dont think im asking for too much
this is rubbish!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

My Favorite Eyeliner ever!! I have Tryed so many, but this is the only one I use!! It last all day long, it does not smudge and it's so easy to apply!! I have very oily skin and other eyeliners smudge becides this one!! 5 Stars

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anitka12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a makeup artist so I tried many of gel eye liners from many brands. For me - this is the best one from drugstore products. It is very very black and really long lasting! I was amazed by an attached brush which is also very good and I couldn't believe you can get a good liner with a good brush for that price. I really recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My review is for Blackest Black.

This gel liner stays put the whole day, is truly waterproof and goes on a very nice deep black! The brush is thin enough for one to create a really thin black line above the lash line and the waterline for a more natural day look, as well as build up to a thicker cat eye for night time. The one thing I don't like is that the brush feels cheap. In fact the lid of my brush broke off on the third day I was using it. However, for the price point, it's still an ok gel liner and I'm happy enough with it.

UPDATE: The gel has dried up in the container and doesn't glide on smooth like before. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

This stays put, unsmudged on my inner eye (where I wear it) all day and looks great. Only gripe if any, is that it dries out in the pot top quickly (and also it accumulates and turns the end of the applicator brush into a hard blob after a few days, so you need to wash the excess off the brush often). Otherwise a great buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Love this product. I always use it when I want that cat eye. The brush is wonderful & the liner is so smooth & easy to apply. But be prepared to reapply after a few hours b/c the color fades slightly. Not enough for others to notice; maybe I'm just a perfectionist. I used this liner on all the models for a fashion show. They were all impressed & the best part, It was so easy to apply! Thanks, Maybelline!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the truest color liner you will find! I own the blackest black and it owns up to its name. It is a little on the greasy side but the color it offers you wont find anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's inexpensive and it does it's job. Stays put all day with no signs of fading. Smooth application. Sometimes It rubs off above my eyelid but I have huge eyes so the liners not to blame. I have used mac and Clinique's and although they might be slightly better I can't justify the price. I rather invest on my foundation :) ALSO everyone always compliments me on my liner, during the last two weeks two of my Friends have switched over from pencil to may splines gel liner and they absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this gel liner! I was a little skeptical about it when I bought it, because the previous version had some really bad reviews, but it was half price when I bought it, so I thought, why not give it a try? My Bobbi Brown is running out anyway, and without a job right now it'll be nice to have a purse-friendly replacement. I got it in black, and boy I am impressed. It is moist, creamy, very pigmented, and applies like a dream. So I went and bought the brown version. The brush it comes with is a bit stiff, usable, but not the best if you prefer fine lines. I like my lines slightly thicker, so the size is perfect. Lasting power is amazing, I went to a badminton session with eye makeup on just to see how well it fares. It was still perfect after 2 hours of running chasing, and I was pouring sweat! I love it, I would still buy it at full price if I run out (retails at AUD$18~$19, Bobbi Brown is AUD$45), no regrets!