December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This product is fantastic. I was a pencil user for years (I know, I know...) and just switched. I love the strong, bold line it leaves. Fear not, gel beginners... it's MUCH easier to be precise with a brush than a dull pencil. Plus, you don't have to sharpen anything. It's a good price too, 10$ or so. By the end of the day, it has hardly transferred to my eyelids like eyepencil would. In fact, it hardly budges at all (but is still super easy to remove). HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by vanessakkk

I love it!! it lasts all night long on my oily eyelids and it goes on smoothly . it's kinda hard to take off but that doesnt bother me and the brush that comes with is pretty hard to use. I use my angle brush and it works amazingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great rival to the MAC fluidline gel liners. It is very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and I feel it smudges a little less than MAC. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. The brush they give is cute and it may work well for beginners, I just prefer angled. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I do not have oily eyelids and I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. I use MAC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes because every other eyeliner I have ever used bleeds on my lower lash line. Packaging is good, this liner could last you a very long time because I hardly need to dip my brush in it. Good drug store dupe for MAC

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner when I was on a kick about shaking up my makeup routine. I've always loved the way liner looks on upper lids (thus far, I've only been a eyeliner-on-the-waterline kinda gal) but I've yet to master the process of application. After trying and trying to do a perfect line, I ended up tossing this in a drawer and leaving it. I just recently dug it out and have been using it for the past few weeks on my waterline. I can't say this is amazing as a waterline liner. It is slightly better than most pencils but, for the most part, it doesn't stay put. It's probably not meant to in that area. It does stay rather well on upper lids provided you use a primer. The colors are also quite nice. I bought nearly all of them and Eggplant is probably the one I reached for the most when I was using this reguarly.

My biggest beef with this liner is that is dries out very, very quickly. I bought nearly all the colors and as soon as I opened the jar, it began drying out. After about two weeks, it started cracking and was basically a lump of dryness. I store all my makeup in a drawer away from sunlight and humidity and make sure all the lids are on tight, but nothing will make this last. In comparison, I bought MAC's Fluidline around the same time as I bought my first jar of Lasting Drama (about a year ago) and the Fluidline still looks as good as the day I bought it. The Lasting Drama that I bought just a few months ago? Yeah, totally dried out.

I really wanted to like this liner but I just can't abide the super short shelf life. I've already moved on to cake liners as I'd rather shell out the extra money for something that lasts. Pity too because I do like the colors of Lasting Drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by egoodwin

I love gel eyeliners and finding one at a reasonable price is great. I love the little pot and I even love the little brush that it comes with. I think that the formula is nice when you're working with it on your eyes as it gives you enough time to play with the look before it dries. I wear cat eyes every day so it is important to me that my more dramatic look stays and this is where the product is loosing a lippie. After a couple of hours I find that this product has major issues with fading. Perhaps this would be a better product if they had a waterproof or more long lasting formula! Then it would get a five out of five!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Britty18

This is a great gel eyeliner. It is very creamy and pigmented and so easy to apply. I used to use it on my top lid and on my waterline, but the top line always turned out too thick for my liking so I switched to a liquid liner for the top. I still use this on my waterline and it is the only eyeliner I have used which stays on it well. Even though the pot is little this stuff lasts forever! When mine eventually runs out I will definitely buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this is brown and black. I LOVE these gel eyeliners. They're so creamy and vibrant. I use my own eyeliner brush because it gives me more control, but the brush it comes with works pretty well and I sometime ruse it to brush a dark eyeshadow by my bottom lash line as a substitution to eyeliner. Great eyeliner and great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a review that said this eye liner lasted on her through the humid weather and even a gym session, so I wanted to check if it holds up to my sweaty, oily face.

No such luck. It's beautiful upon application, but not three hours later I'm left with raccoon eyes. It smudges, which leaves my eyes looking tired as heck. It basically undid what my concealer is supposed to do.

Application is a breeze, though. The formula is pigmented and creamy so beginners like me won't have a hard time applying it. I found it easy to apply a basic line or a cat-eye, so problem.

I'll be trying this with Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer. Hopefully that's make a difference in the lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

great product! i put it on my waterline with a brush and it stays all day. this has NEVER happened to me before. i have NEVER had a product permanently stay on my waterline all day, and this does the trick. this literally won't budge. however, the product not budging also means it will stay on your brushes, and you will literally need to scrub them with eye makeup remover to remove it. i have resorted to just letting the product cake up on my brushes when i use it, too much trouble to remove it each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Makeuppanda20

I love this gel liner! It's actually the first gel liner I ever bought and I have to say, I' m pretty impressed with the results. I have this in brown. The color is very pigmented and vivid, it's pretty easy to apply, although I wish it was a bit more creamier so that the lines weren't that fuzzy. The gel liner also comes with a small brush which is also handy to use if you don't have a detail brush. I lost mine :( but I got a new angled brush by ecotools so everything is good. To be honest I also use this as a cream shadow on my eyes because I has a nice sub staining power so that it doesn't smudge. Unfortunately for me when I apply this as an eyeliner it some how smudges. Probably because I didn't use eye primer XD. Overall I would definitely repurchase this product again. I would probably buy it in black next too. A definite repurchase :)