Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/26/2014 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What can I say, this product is FABULOUS! For 7.99 this blows all of top end brands that I have purchased out of the water! I have had this gel liner now for over 3 months and it has not dried up at all! I apply my make up at 7.30am and by 5pm it still looks great. The liner has in no way faded at all whilst wearing it. This was not the case for some more of the expensive brands I have purchased. I regularly use the BROWN but have also purchased BROWN/GOLD and BLACK. For 7.99 a fab buy!

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner is my all time favorite product and today I am reviewing it. The Maybelline Eye studio Lasting Drama Gel eyeliner comes in attractive packaging consisting of a transparent round bottom glass pot with a metal like lid along with a brush for application. The staying power of the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is very good. Believe me if you even sleep without removing it then also it will still be as it is in the morning. I can say that because I have done once when I was too much tired from work. But I wish that the brush would have been in an even thinner size for more accurate and thin eyeliner application. I am crazy for winged eyeliner application and this brush does not help me in such applications. So, then I have to use my other thin brush for the application.

on 4/23/2014 9:23:00 PM

I picked this up a couple months ago since it was on sale. I figured any gel eyeliner will probably work about the same. I usually use my trusty Stila liquid eyeliner but I can't seem to steer away how clean and crisp the lines are when you use gel.

The product itself really disappointed me. It didn't work well with my oily lids, it would smudge all over my eyelids. It definitely isn't as black as I prefer. I personally think it lacks in the pigment department. The brush it comes with is actually really good! Easy to use and I'm able to create a nice cat eye with it. I've tossed out the eyeliner but kept the brush.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After the horrific fiasco I had with Maybelline's Duo liner, I was scared to try this one lest it turn out to be another disaster. But an average 4.0 rating from more than a thousand MakeupAlley users can't be that far off, right? So I picked up Blackest Black using some CVS Extrabucks that were about to expire, so in the worst case scenario, I'd be out only $3 cash.

It applies smoothly without clumping or dragging. The brush made it easy to apply right into the base of my lashes, though I think my Laura Mercier flat eyeliner brush would do a better job. The liner wore the entire day and then some--even with waterproof makeup remover, I had to work a little to remove it. It looks pretty good on the other side of the lash line as well, so it's great for tightlining as well as on the upper lids.

The color is indeed blackest black, very similar to UD's Perversion. The major difference between the two is that Maybelline stays where I put it.

I don't think I'll ever be without this liner. I plan to get the brown and purple shades next time I'm at the store, even if I don't have the coupons.

on 4/18/2014 11:46:00 AM

I am in love with this gel liner. I have it in black and I've been using it almost every day for many months now on my upper lids - and I'm not even half way through the pot yet! The consistency is really creamy and it's very pigmented. I'll put it on in the morning and by night time, it'll still be there - although the cat-eye flicks I do at the edges of my eyes may have faded a little (but not much at all!). I also love the brush that comes with this. The width is perfect for the look I want to achieve and for sharper lines I just turn the brush on it's side, which works just as well. Considering how cheap this is compared to other eyeliners, I definitely think it's worth every dollar!

on 4/16/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do love this!!!

on 4/15/2014 3:31:00 AM

HATE THIS EYELINER. Bought this cause of all the hype, but it disappointed. I have pretty oily lids, but this eyeliner felt like it never even dried once applied. It is dark and creamy, I will give it that. However, I do not understand the hype around this product. After using it twice, I even thought that I must have bought the wrong one! lol.
All together I tried this about 5 times. Even with a primer it doesn't last.
The brush that comes with it is okay if you do not have an eyeliner brush. However, I find it a little too thick to do a good wing.

on 4/14/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely freaking love this stuff. I've been searching far and wide for an eyeliner, gel or otherwise, to create a winged eye look that lasts all day and is easy to use, and BAM I bought this stuff on a whim and I'm in loveeee. I have it in charcoal, black and eggplant and I literally have nothing bad to say about this. The brush is pretty good too, but I do prefer my Sigma eyeliner brush,as it's thinner.

The brown one is terrible. Can never make the color to look homogeneous. Simply useless.

Video Reviews & Tutorials