November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Colour: I was tempted to buy Nars foundation online but held back because I was afraid of getting the wrong colour. I was so right! Last month I passed by a Nars counter in London and finally managed to test sheer glow. I tested 3 shades: Deauville, Fiji and Ceylan; it took a couple of tries in neutral daylight to get it right because they were so close to each other. I settled on Ceylan because of its yellow tone, Deauville was more pink and Fiji a bit too dark. I am happy to say that Ceylan is a very good match for my hard-to-match skin. It is the perfect colour to neutralise the pink in my face (I matched it exactly to my neck). If you are not yellow-toned you will probably prefer Deauville.

Texture: quite liquid, not sheer but more light-medium. Not glowy, but very skin-like and natural. The only drawback for me is that on the side of my nose it tends to sink into the pores a bit, and it doesn't build up well. That is okay though because the skin-like finish is so lovely; you can always use concealer for spot-coverage.

Smell: none as far as I can tell.
Packaging: annoying glass bottle without a pump. Looks nice but impractical.

Wear: pretty good actually. My combination skin gets shiny in the t-zone pretty quickly, and there is very little I can do about that; matifying foundations tend to be too dry and cakey. I always set this with loose powder. BB pale yellow is a perfect match colourwise, although its oil-controlling properties are not that great (I'm sure with a better powder it would hold all day). The main thing is it stays natural and does not cake during the day.

I am very impressed with this product. Will definitely buy again and probably get the concealer to match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

Its pricey, but it works well for me. I don't think I'd repurchase because 1) I'm not finished experimenting with other foundations 2) hella $$ 3)wtf..there's no pump. Inconvenient. I need to stress that I am a really low-maintenance girl who just likes to have one superpower product. I don't use face primer, even though the SA at Sephora gave me a sample to try (I didn't notice a difference). I don't need makeup to stay on for too long, in fact, I get a little paranoid that the product is damaging my skin by clinging on so I don't mind if it kind of fades later in the day. That being said, I do not notice this product melting off my face in any way but it does come off nicely with baby oil (yes, that's my makeup remover, don't knock it til you try it). I like that the coverage, with one coat, is light to medium, hiding my slight discoloration and blemishes. It makes my face look uniform and the "sheer glow" part keeps me looking fresh and not like I caked on makeup. I have tried applying this product with my fingers and with my Everyday Minerals flat top brush and find the latter to work better in ensuring an even coverage. I top it off with a light dusting of powder (e.l.f studio HD powder) and am extremely happy with the results. Its a good product not revolutionary, and just too expensive for a post-secondary student for future repurchases. But if you have cash to blow, then I'd recommend you try this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MsNikolefm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this foundation after reading so many reviews & watching videos, I'm nc30 in mac studio fix fluid & Barcelona in nars for me this is the perfect match.
I wouldn't say it's sheer at all or very glowy it's more a semi matte finish with a slight glow & it's medium build able coverage. I used this on a night out for the first time & set it with mac minerlize skinfinish natural & got so many compliments on my skin ! It's now my hg foundation... Ive always wore mac but decided a change was needed I tried Estée Lauder double wear but it was too heavy & cake a bit and I found it slightly oxidises thorough out the day which nars doesn't do..
I would defo repurchase for me the pros out way the cons
Cons: NO PUMP which for £30 is ridiculous
The price is luxery so it's a treat for most people.

I was advised by the nars makeup artist to warm this between my fingers then apply to my face, blend and then buff with a brush which seems to be working & looks flawless. For people who this would be a luxery item I'd suggest having a make over done using it & walk around for a few hours see how it settles on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I truly do love this foundation. it is kind of pricey but I find that I do not need a lot, however I like a light coverage. If you are looking to splurge on yourself I would recommend this product. I am a MAC nw20 and wear the color mont blanc. The lasting power on this is great too! and I do not find that I need to touch up throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by j4ym3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

NARS Sheer Glow has definitely been a foundation favourite of mine for the past 5 years - I can always count on this foundation to give my face a long lasting, flawless, naturally dewy looking finish.

I prefer fuller coverage foundations and this foundation certainly provides me with the desired coverage that I seek. Although this is not a true full coverage foundation, it is still easily a higher end medium coverage foundation without having to use an excessive amount of product to achieve a fuller level of coverage.

The consistency of the foundation is very light and runny. So therefore unlike many other foundations, you can take your time applying this foundation as it takes awhile to dry on the skin, making it easier to blend and build while working with this foundation.

After I apply my NARS Sheer Glow foundation, going over it with a setting powder & finishing it off with a light spritz of a good setting spray is an absolute must for me. I have combination skin (on the oiler side through summer) and find that without setting powder, my face (especially t-zone) can get quite oily, leaving my face looking noticeably shinny/slippery within just a few hours after application. Having said that, I am unsure how well this foundation would work on oilier skin types, but for those with dry or combination skin, this foundation should work magically.

I personally think the colour range for this foundation is sufficient in catering for most if not all skin tones. I find that unlike many other foundation brands, NARS Sheer Glow provides really great yellow based foundation that are perfect for those who have strong yellow undertones.

For me, there isn’t any con’s to this foundation that I can think of, besides the thin glass bottle that the foundation comes in, as well as the fact that it doesn’t come with a hygienic foundation pump (sold separately).

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is sold here in Australia for $68.00 and can be found at Mecca Cosmetica. It is quite an expensive foundation, however having said that, I am currently on my 12th+ bottle and I do intend to continue repurchasing this for as long as I can afford too.

For Ref: MAC NC30/35 - NARS Sheer Glow Stormboli

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I wish i'd bought this years ago!! For ref i have combination-oily skin.

Had been wanting to try this for a long time and i was passing by a Nars counter yesterday so i though i'd see if i could get matched up. I honestly wasn't going to buy the product but the MUA matched half of myforehead (??) to Stromboli and the other half to Barcelona. I much preferred the Stromboli. I found the Barcelona shade a little pinky for my warm yellow undertones.

I am currently NC30-35 in MAC studio fix fluid (my ulitmate HG foundation) and the colour match of Stromboli to the SFF in NC30 is extremely close! The Sheer Glow shades all seem to run warmer/ yellower so that's great for all us warm/yellow toned ladies :-) !!

Reason why i ended up purchasing:

1. Colour applied to forehead (Stromboli) matched to the rest of my face (NC30 SFF).
2. After walking around for a few hours i could see that my forehead looked lovely and glowy - a little dewy - but not oily or greasy.
3. I fancied a treat!!!

I'm so glad i purchased as while i do love my MAC SFF i have always wanted something similar but with a glow to it and this is it!!! In terms of coverage it is a little lighter than the SFF but not that much lighter. I don't understand the reviews where poeple are saying that this is sheer/light coverage - i would say this is definitely medium coverage and possibly medium to full for those of you blessed with good skin.

I am lucky enough to have good skin and so this is provides medium to full coverage for me. At the moment i feel like this is going to top MAC's SFF for me but will have to see as in the summer/high heat this may be a little too dewy for me. Today is the first full day i have worn this and i blotted my face after 7 hours wear - but not beacause i looked greasy/oily but because i felt a little bit too dewy!! This is a first for me :-)

Amazing amazing foundation that gives you a lovely glow with zero cakiness!!! x

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I really wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something with medium-buildable coverage that just perfected my complexion. The color range is really great, I am NC15 and Gobi was a perfect match for my skin. I have combination-oily skin, but this foundation somehow simultaneously made me look oily and accentuated any dryness on my face, which is strange because I don’t have dry patches to begin with. It is a fairly thin formula, which I didn’t find to be buildable so I couldn’t achieve the coverage I wanted. It never looked cakey, but it never seemed to build upon itself. It also didn't last long AT ALL, maybe 3-4 hours? I was really disappointed because of all the great things I had heard about this foundation. Also, it is very expensive. The only good thing that I can say is that the colour range is amazing and it didn’t oxidize on my face. I wouldn’t repurchase this product; in fact I returned it to Sephora.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin (with a hint of rosacea). My skin has cleared up quite a bit recently though, so I figured I'd try a foundation with lighter coverage. The only good thing about this foundation is that it looks like skin when applied properly; the finish is quite nice (with a powder!) and looks much more natural than my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear or Dior's Forever Flawless. Oh, and the other pro is that it doesn't oxidize on my skin.

[ CONS ]
- Is difficult to blend out properly with a brush or a beauty blender (looks cakey/odd)
- Emphasizes any dry patches on my cheeks
- Doesn't hold up for more than 1-2 hours in the T-zone without a primer
- Broke me out just a little around the nose
- Foundation doesn't come with a pump

Needless to say, all of the cons far outweigh the pros, so I would not repurchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, combination skin,moderately oily in summer
shade;siberia

i apply with real techniques buffing brush and set with mac studio fix powder in nc15, i LOVE this foundation for the first hour (looks beautiful on the skin and reflects light like no other fpundation i have ever tried its super brightening)after that it separates and looks very patchy,the weather is warm at the moment i will try using this again in the wintertime when my skin wont get so oily during the day,for the price here in new zealand $89.00 this for me is pretty expensive, this sits at the back of my draw and is very rarely used,however this shade range is extremely amazing! i really struggle trying to find a foundation that matches me ( i am VERY pale) the shade 'siberia' matches my skin so well i don't even have to blend it down my neck!-

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cloz90

Love this foundation! I have super oily, acne prone skin. This foundation is my Holy GrAIL! However I must set it with a powder. I use mac MSF. These two paired together leave me with a perfect high coverage finish. I only wish I could wear this powder with it everyday, but it breaks me out. I use MUFE Pro finish powder to set it every other day, with no skin problems. I also use benefits poreFessional primer on days I need extra staying power.

I went hiking up a mountain for 6 hours. I was sweating profusely and it started to rain heavily in the last few hours. Once I got back to the car, I thought for sure, all my makeup would have come off.. But to my surprise, it was almost perfect! GO NARS.

I apply with my fingers for fuller coverage. I tried applying it with my sigma F80 and beauty blender, neither of which worked for my desired amount of coverage. The real techniques expert face brush is the only brush that worked.