October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Sainai

Love Love this, I am very Picky on foundation this is very good, it is not full coverage, more of Mid coverage but very easily build up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by albs

I put off buying this for a long, long time but after many disappointing drugstore (and a couple high end) foundations I finally decided to give it a shot. I wear it Light 4 Deauville which is quite yellow toned to my eyes. I prefer to wear it over a primer (it works very well with Too Faced Primed and Poreless) and apply it with my fingers and then buff it in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, or apply it with my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush and I like using both methods equally. I let it set for about 5 minutes and then blot my face with a tissue, then apply a setting powder. If I do that I usually only have to blot once, and the foundation stays very nicely all day. I love the coverage and the finish, it looks very natural. I don't apply a lot of product, just enough to even everything out and I don't end up with a really made-up looking face which is what I prefer. After using it for several weeks I have had no experience with breaking out. Love it, I think I've finally found my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by djdjdiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is definitely a keeper depending on what kind of skin you have..
I have really oily skin in the summer and really dry skin in the winter so im more of a combination type of skin type and did really like this foundation but not to the wow point.
For this foundation you need to have a really good oil free primer on your face before applying the foundation because without it looks cakey and leaves you looking really shiny unless you like the shiny look!
The reason i like this foundation is because it does what it says it does.. Gives you the sheer "glow" look.. So if you're into a dewy after look this is great but if you like matte i feel like this is a no go for you. I personally like matte and no matter how much translucent powder i add on top literally 30 mins later my face is extremely oily and no amount of oil absorbing sheets help me... sad i know but somehow i love the product?! It has a really great coverage, its not too cakey but it is a bit thicker foundation than usual so i wouldnt recommend it for everyday use, very easy to apply and for the price you pay one bottle will last you about a year so not that expensive when you think about it. All in all it is my go to foundation on an night out because of its flawless coverage but i wouldn't necessarily recommended it for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by stas2335

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation after hearing so many good things about it. The colour I got it in was "Mont Blanc", and when I got home I found it was VERY pale and had a lot of pink undertone, it sat quite heavy on my skin, and felt very high coverage (which is something I don't mind for special occasionals) So I went back and I explained that the colour I had was too light so she gave me the colour 'Punjab", it had the same undertone I was looking for but it was too orange, and I swatched it against my MAC studio fix in NW15 and they were almost identical in colour. Its a good foundation if its in your colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Missfancyfootwork

I was searching for a new foundation and after reading countless reviews I decided on this baby and I'm glad I did!! ok so the finish is demi-matte, coming from a normal/dry combo I can say its a very flattering finish. . its like skin! However I do recommend exfoliating your skin at least twice a week if you have dry skin, I did experience some dry patch clinging but nothing a exfoliating sesh won't fix. I've applied it with my fingers, sigma f80, and beauty blender and my favorite is the sponge application. I recommend getting color matched and not buying online. I'm an Nc30 in mac and I was convinced Punjab was my shade and almost ordered online. thank the beauty gods I went to sephora because my perfect shade was figi. I was quite surprised to be in the light category as I've always been considered medium in other brands so definitely get color matched. all in all this foundation is my favorite and love everything about it except the price of course but in my opinion it's worth it!! the whole pump situation does not bother me at all I mean c'mon just was your hands with anti-bacterial soap before you do your makeup which everyone should be doing anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

I love this foundation! The coverage is medium, but can be built up to full coverage. The foundation itself is very light and doesnt feel cakey on my face. It looks natural and doesnt look like you have layers of makeup on your face. It gives the face a nice glow (hence the name sheerglow!). I bought it from my local Sephora and it was a bit on the pricey side - but its worth it!

The only thing I didnt like was the packaging. It is terrible. If you are paying top dollar for the foundation, there should be a pump. I think its ridiculous that Nars sells the pump seperately on their website.

Other than the packaging issue - great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ana7890

I generally love NARS products (particularly their velvet matte lip pencils, blushes and the radiant creamy concealer) but this foundation was disappointing. It really clings to my dry patches, and looked cakey and quite horrible in pictures. It made my pores more visible and just didn't do much to make my skin look flawless. The packaging is annoying too, I had to pay an extra $4 cos the original one didn't come with a pump.. so overall a waste of money for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

I'm addicted to this foundation. The first time it was ever applied on me, I was thrilled: it is super light, not cakey at all and has a really natural look. I build it up at nighttime and it's fine. My colour is Barcelona, and I don't know why I had ever bought another foundation before!

Be warned though: make sure you wear primer or otherwise it just rubs right off your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic foundation! Leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless! No breakouts, super easy to apply, smooth and flawless finish. I use the sigma F80 foundation brush to apply this foundation and it is great. My skin as never looked so healthy and glowing. The only downside to this foundation is that you have to buy the pump separately and that is why I have not given it top marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

This is sort of a HG foundation for me. I bought it in Barcelona and it matches my neck very well. Though I don't reach for it often (perhaps because of the fact that I have one too many), there's no reason to say that this foundation performs any less than what is expected of one. Coverage is medium, and can be buildable as well. It doesn't look cakey, and certainly does not clog pores or break me out. From the name, you would think that you'd get a 'glow' after applying, but to my surprise, it really doesn't do that. I only get a slightly dewy finish/semi-matte finish. I was initially thinking of the sheer matte one, but the lady told me that they're both pretty much oil-free so it wouldn't hurt to use this one even with oily skin. After hours of using it, it did not budge and that's all well and good. Funny thing happened, when I was saying goodbye to my bf as we won't see each other for a long time, some of the foundation transferred on his white shirt while I was hugging him (moment killer much) and he was appalled ! I guess I should've used a primer.. Anyway, I don't like it that it came with just a tube and that if you wanted a pump, you have to buy it off separately. I really don't like this marketing strategy. I think all foundations need to come with a pump. The price is pretty steep, too. But I suppose you get what you pay for. And it also lasts a long time. Overall, good stuff, great color range and awesome staying power.