September 23, 2014 | 1805 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

I'm loving this as a setting powder for my foundation or tinted moisturizer. It does seem to even out my skintone a bit (doesn't make it perfect, but what does lol) and keeps my oily skin matte for a couple hours. I'm quite pleased with it's performance as a mattifier, it's definitely on par or even better than some higher end brands I've used. A good product for just 3 bucks, you can't really go wrong! I only wish it contained an spf...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am going to make a huge brave statement and say that this is actually quite comparable to my Makeup Forever HD Powder. Both do a really good job at evening my skin tone and keeping my face matte for a good 3-4 hours (depending on foundation).
No, I am not just exaggerating. Yes, I am aware of huge price difference, but expensive doesn't necessarily mean better and cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.
I have been using this as a setting powder and have been pleased with the results. I like that it also comes pressed with a mirror. You could actually use this as a cheap alternative to a blotting powder, a puff actually does fit (I tried it, lol). So one day when I run out of my Blotting powder from MAC, I may try this as one as well. This does a great job and is only 3 bucks, what more could I say?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had this product for a few months now, and so far so good. I have some redness and this powder manages to lessen it slightly. I use this on top of my foundation and it works pretty good. I find myself reaching for it regularly so that's a sign that I'm liking the results. Plus it's so bargainous!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Bevvix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. I blush easily so this evens that out nicely to look natural. I also find that my skin looks more even and because I have very fair (Lighter than NW15) skin that this doesn't ghost me out too bad. THis is great to put on on its own after exercise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by mrsFOREVERRR

yaay for this (complexion perfection); i finally found me a powder that keeps my make up on & keeps the oil away.

i use in after washin & primeing & concealing
add my foundation & seal it with a quick sweep of this.

make up last all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This powder isn't bad. I don't really love it - don't dislike it either. I'm somewhere in between. I like using my MAC 224 or Sigma E40 and swirling it into the yellow and set my under eye concealer with it. It doesn't help diminish my dark circles.. but it's nice to have a yellow toned powder for the under eyes to aid in camouflaging them. I naturally blush easily - you can't tell because I always wear medium foundations.. but I put it to the test and used the green powder when I wore a light foundation where my redness peaked through. It actually did a wonderful job zero-ing the red out. When all four colors are swirled together, it creates a white translucent powder. I don't put it all over my face... but I do put it over my t-zone to keep shine away (as well as under my eyes like I mentioned). It does a pretty good job. The powder itself is a little powdery.. and can look chalky. So you have to be careful when you apply this not to go overboard. I can imagine that this powder may accentuate dryness and would be better suited for normal/combo/oily skintones. I also noticed when I use this powder, since it neutralizes all of the redness and other tones in my skin - my face isn't left with much color. So, I need bronzer and blush to put some color back into my face. This would be great for those who don't wear foundation as well to reduce shine and color correct. Also, one more thing - since blue cancels out orange.. if you're a user of self tanner, and you wear self tanner on your face, the blue powder can help tone down any orange! ELF has sales all of the time, so before purchasing make sure to check google for any promotion codes. They have 50% off their Studio Products pretty often.. that's when I bought mine. Not bad at all for $1.50. Plus, I love the big mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by nefertari786

I have an acne prone combination to oily complexion and found this powder fantastic. It is definitely too sheer to be used by itself if you want coverage but it is a great foundation setter. I use it over my foundation daily and found that my face looks less oily all day. You can either use all the colours at once all over the face as a face poweder or use the specific colours on different problem areas of the face over your concealer before applying foundation. I already bought my second one! Would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

I don't know how other people use this, but I use it as a finishing powder on my tinted moisturizer.

It keeps me oil-free as well as evening out my complexion (hence the name). You could even use the individual colors on your problem areas.

Worth every penny but it really didn't do anything spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by klamont9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised to see that people were wearing this as a powder foundation, on me it makes my skin look practically translucent! I wear it as a finishing powder to give my blush, foundation, highlight, and contour a natural finish but it can be too powdery, I have to spray setting spray after applying and it's a perfect natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by GeekMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one is really not good for dry skin, and acne prone skin.
It doesnt work at all on my dry skin, it just gets everywhere, and piles up, and makes my face look even more dry..

Great packaging, huge mirror, super cheap, but not for my kind of skin