July 23, 2014 | 2198 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by VidaSuicide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For me, this is "like" not a "Love". Something I probably wouldn't get again unless there was some serious sale or emergency situation. My lashes are already pretty long and dark. I usually like mascara for putting on after powder eyeshadow to bring my lashes back to black so they stand out instead of vanishing with eyeshadow all over them. This is great for that. It coats smoothly and evenly. There's nothing really different or spectacular about the brush itself but the formula is nice. Sort of somewhere between a cream and a gel. So I didn't get clumpy lashes from it. There were all evenly spaced, definitely black and dramatic, but that's about it. I had a hard time building up layers for a more dramatic look. No serious curl-factor, doesn't last a particularly long time, not really anything to write home about. I'll finish what I have, thought it might take a while because I have other mascaras open right now that I use more often.
There are better mascaras out there.
If you're looking for something simple, though, this may be your HG and you should give it a try. If you're after smooth, sharp application without caking or clumping, and just want definition, no big-deal glamour, it's in Diorshow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by fran098

This is the best mascara I have ever used! A bit expensive, but totally worth it if you're looking to invest in a good quality mascara.

I naturally have long thick eyelashes so I don't really need to use mascara, but Diorshow mascara really makes my eyes pop. It has a subtle scent and a nice creamy texture.

The only problem I have, is if you use a lot of it everyday, it will dry out in about a month.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

3 words: Very bad Mascara.
3 words: Save your Money

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I LOVED this mascara, but in less than two weeks it dried out. I can't afford to buy $30 mascara twice a month :/ However, if this was a special occasion/ night out mascara I can see it being practical.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a good mascara.

It takes a few uses to get that impact, but here are some reasons why I won't buy this again:
- Dries quickly
- Clumps at the opening of the tube
- As a result of 1 & 2, specks of mascara fall out whenever you open the tube
- The brush is very big and it's just so clumpy, application isn't smooth

Many drugstore mascaras are better than this overrated Dior Show.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just isn't worth it. Not at all. I had heard so many good things, but I was completely and utterly disappointed when I realized that many drugstore mascaras are better than this (especially the uber-cheap Jordana mascara...$2.99 at Walgreens). I hate this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

When reviewing a product, I like to get a descriptive paragraph as to what the mescara is claiming to do. Mascara (and anti-aging products) make claims that are more for marketing than results. I will then go through and give you my own review from my own expeiriences with Diorshow and compare it to what its claiming to do.

DiorShow claims (statement made by Sephora):

DiorShow Extase (which is designed to volumize and thicken lashes while defining them) provides built-in treatment benefits and high-impact lashes in a single stroke! The spherical-shaped Black Pearl Pigments create a 3D volume effect and the exclusive Metamorphosis Powders expand in size by up to 50% after application. Also, SR38 Patented Ceramid brings additional care, reconstructing damaged lashes and promoting stronger and fuller lashes. The Extase mascara features a “Tiered Brush” that is inspired by the “tiered” couture dresses created by the House of Dior. The brush is designed for performance and contains an Exclusive Duo of Fibers: The Black Elastomer Fibers brush out and define the lashes for panoramic fringe and the Gold Nylon Fibers hold and deposit formula, generously coating each lash for outstanding volume.

Diorshow is designed to volumize, lengthen and thicken lashes while defining them. This mascara really pulls through with its claims to give you longer lashes. it’s exceptionally good at providing you with instantly longer lashes- even with just one light coat of the mascara. That’s really the part that I noticed first. It adds some volume, but I wouldn’t go as far to label this a volumizing mascara like DiorShow does. While my lashes really looked longer, they were not feathery in texture (as my lashes tend to look with a more volumizing mascara) and this is how I judged how well it did with giving me volume. As far as thickening goes, it thickens well for such a multi-tasking mascara, but again is nothing special by any means. Because DiorShow did such a good job with volume, it was hard to seperate the volume, thickness, etc from the dramatic increase in length. They claim that the powders in the formula expand by 50% after application, which is supposed to create volume, and keep that volume expanded and wearable all day long. If you are looking for something with the max amount of drama, thick, and full of volume, this mascara is NOT for you. This is more for everyday use, and recommended for those looking for long long lashes.

The color of the mascara is definitely a deep black; I’d say Chanel Exceptionnel and MAC Plushlash are slightly richer, but they’re all in the same ballpark. I don’t have any issues with the pigmentation–it’s black enough for me.

It does a good job of defining lashes, but to a point, because the mascara will clump up on you if you’re not careful. The brush often has excess mascara on it, so removing excess certainly helps, and you can get a good two or three coats of mascara with very minimal clumping. I always recommend using a mascara comb regardless of the mascara you’re using, just because it helps separate and define lashes. I wouldn’t say this is perfectly clump-free, but I’d say it’s a relatively clump-free mascara. If you like to get multiple coats on, make sure you get the excess formula off your brush, so you dont clump AND use a mascara comb for a better application. Any SA at sephora will tell you that you dont need to build with this mascara, or use anything else with it- but I did. This was good with length, but I needed something with more volume and drama, So I started with DiorShow, and ended up with 4 or 5 layers after that by using volumizing mascara I know is dependable and works well. I ended up with a perfect look!

I’ve been wearing Extase for over a week now, so you can see it used in a variety of looks here in addition to the comparison photos included in the review. The original DiorShow gave me good length, some thickening and volumizing (although not much AT ALL) , and looked good overall, but it flaked and smudged on me within two hours, so it was a no-go.

The brush has a sort of “swirled” look to it, and even though they mentioned black and gold fibers, it all looked black to me, so it was difficult to assess that particular aspect of it. The brush didn’t seem too large, though it felt a little long. It is a "tiered brush" that you can see clearly, and it was one of my favorite things about the mascara. I loved how this brush worked, and allowed a good natural look- covering each and every lash. It takes an application or two to find the right method for application, but it didn’t require much thought or effort to get good results.

Overall, last: I did enjoy the way Dior DiorShow made my lashes look in the morning for an everyday look. It’s particularly lovely for lengthening lashes, even the stubbier ones I have on the outer lash line, and does a decent job everywhere else to make it one of the better multi-tasking mascaras I’ve tried. It is a bit spendy- at $24 per tube, but I think Dior, generally speaking, is worth the extra money,

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I really like this mascara, but am still looking for the ultimate, chosen mascara that fits me perfectly!

I wish that the brush were a tiny bit smaller - I find it hard to get into the corner lashes without getting some on my lid or elsewhere. I use the 'wiggle' technique near the base of my lashes, and it works well to create longer, thicker, more defined lashes.

Combined with the Smashbox primer, my lashes have stayed curled above my lashline all day for the first time in my life. So I like this mascara, but look forward to trying other stuff - like Armani Star mascara and Dior Maximeyes to find out if it is the best product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! Doesn't smudge or run and coats each of my lashes creating a beautiful, natural-looking curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by renners

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing mascara, one of the few mascaras that doesnt give me panda eyes and never smudges.
The brush is the best I've ever used and gives great volume AND length, it's rally thick and bushy to catch all your lashes.

My only complaint is a couple of times I have purchased it to find its not really fresh and a bit dried out straight out of the box, but I think that is a problem with the store more than the the product.

Would definitely recommend to everyone to try at least once.