July 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted something light for everyday wear. As you get older, you truly realize that less is more! I bought this in Medium Dark because I wear an N3 in MAC Face & Body Foundation and can also wear an NW25 or NW30 in Studio Fix fluid. I find that I have to work quickly with this, as it sort of dries up on my face. I always apply a seperate facial moisturizer, a dab of concealer on my problem areas, and then a light application of this. I set it with MAC MSF in Medium Plus and blush and I'm good to go. It gives my skin a nice glow without looking too matte or like I have makeup "caked" on my face. I don't think this tinted moisturizer would be good for those with a lot of blemishes, because it doesn't cover that much at all. I do find that it stays on all day (I usually set with MUFE Mist & Fix) and gives me a natural, but polished look. Would definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

This tinted moisturizer is drying out my skin.
I used Bobbi Browns tinted moisturizer before and it did a way better job in moisturizing my skin.
I found it very irritating that a so called "moisturizer" didn´t provide moisture at all. And i used a normal moisturizer to prepare my skin.
In the past wintertime, even the moisturizer underneath didn´t save me from feeling all dried out.
This might work for oily skin types.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i really wanted to like this product. it's a nice idea. i had deep dark. i applied it with the flat foundation brush. it went on well and was a good moisturizer w/ spf. the smell was okay. i still needed foundation because of dark marks BUT my main issue is that it made me break out. mac foundations just don't work for me and while this isn't foundation the ingredient that gives it color must be similar. i'll be returning it. for those that are hoping to wear a nice tinted moisturizer but have had acne issues with other foundations by mac, proceed with caution and know that it might cause problems.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by erin526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Colour range is far too limited and all of the shades have heavy yellow undertones. This has decent coverage for a TM but it smells like paint and breaks me out. No good for acne prone girls or anyone with warm skin tone or at the fair end of the spectrum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by redheadintexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been searching for a tinted moisturizer at the change of the season here in Houston because between winter and spring/summer, my skin tends to get very dry, flaky, and reactive. I had a jumbo sample of Laura Mercier's and really liked it, except that the price was a bit much. I tried MAC's and was advised, in store (at a Macy's MAC counter) to get the medium, but after applying it outside of the department store's lighting, I felt the medium was too dark, but the light was too light. Instead of running out and purchasing the Light, I decided to wear it for a while to see how my skin responded.

After 2 weeks, I figured that was enough time to gauge my skin's reaction and all was going well. So, I purchased the light and I just mix the two together to get the perfect shade, and as summer approaches, I know I can just adjust accordingly with my skin tone. Since I have freckles that will burst forth in summer splendor (sigh.) it really helps to be able to custom blend. I know many of you may think that's pretty expensive to go that route, but I have tried many TMs over the years and this is the ONLY one I have stuck with for more than 3-4 uses.

My skin is very sensitive and so far, it's been fine, and I like that it doesn't really add a lot of moisture, because I found with the LM one that alone, it wasn't enough moisture, but with my regular moisturizer, it was too much. This is just right. I moisturize with FAB 5-in-1 cream and also have used it over FAB ultra-calming cream when I did an evening-only no sun protection needed application and it actually worked really well with the emollient factor of that thick cream.

On days when my skin is still showing up with dry patches here and there, I prime with LORAC's Aquaprime, which actually does a great job of keeping those areas calm throughout the day as well as extends the life of the TM. I apply with fingers, and use a foundation brush to blend around the hairline and down my neck. I then set with MAC's mineralize powder in light-medium.

I'm super pleased with this product and will keep buying it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jmatsuza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this product as it was easy to apply and balanced out my skin better than any other tinted moisturizer I've tried. However, it made me break out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kept wasting money on MAC foundations, but they never matched me right so I gave up and got this in deep dark. I love it! My skin isn't horrible, but I feel like I need something to even out my tone. This works! For special occassions I mix with my Nars Sheer Matte or my Revlon Photo Ready for more coverage, but MAC got it right with this one. I set with my MSF and I'm good to go. I don't really like to look to made up and this gives my skin the balance it needs. HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing sheer foundation. It looks like my skin, but better- smoother texture, even skintone etc... It's labeled as a tinted moisturizer, but it provides no moisture whatsoever, which is great for us ladies with oily skin. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but I reach for this when I want to look more polished. It is fast and easy to apply, I never have to worry about a streaky finish. I've been using it for several months, and although I don't use it everyday, it has never broken me out. The only downside is the color selection. There is a big gap between the shades, and they run light. At nc40/42 I use this in the dark shade, the next shade up is deep, nothing in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works great as an everyday foundation and feels very light on your face. Its not as cakey as a foundation but not is unnoticable as the cheaper tinted drugstore moisturizer it just perfect. Would reccomend it to someone who thinks less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Kahlah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this so much. I don't know how I didn't know about this. My skin is too sensitive and oily to use regular foundation, so I figured this would be good for me. It has SPF 15, which I try to look for in all skin products. It works wonderfully, and it does a really good job at concealing darker spots. I have fairly clear skin with occasional break outs, so I don't need a whole lot of coverage. I lik the packaging because I just put a little bit on the back of my hand, and I use the MAC 187 brush to apply it. It looks really good and it makes my skin look refreshed. The price is awful, but it's sooo worth it. This is coming from a broke college student. It's worth the splurge! Of course I would buy it again. I'm going to. Btw, I use it in dark, which isn't really dark haha.