MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 9/1/2010 9:46:00 PM

Loves it! Fell in love with this color from the moment I saw it at the counter! An everyday shade- my lips but better.,natural perfection in a tube. I wear it most when I'm going for the no make up (but lots of it on) kinda look.

on 8/31/2010 2:43:00 AM

I took my Lust lipglass to my local MAC store, hoping to find a lipstick that came close. At the advice of fellow MUA members, I immediately looked at Hug Me, Twig, and Jubilee. Twig was a bit too brown, and Jubilee a bit too orange, so I tried Hug Me. In the very dim lighting of the store, it looked like an almost exact match, skewing just a shade pinker than Lust. Excited, I made the mistake that I hadn't made in a while: I bought it without going outside to observe the color in natural light. Once I stepped outside of the mall, I realized that Hug Me lacked the creamy nude element that makes Lust my HG nude-pink shade; Hug Me instead appeared a straight up warm milky pink on my lips, which is to say, looked almost exactly like my lip color. I've worn it a few more times, in hopes that the shade will wow me as a perfect nude-pink lipstick, but I find that it appeals to me less and less as the days go by. I think this one is going back to the store.

on 8/25/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Just found my HG allround lipstick! I don't love beige nudes and this is just fabulous. It gives me a smooth appearance and I can wear it with everything. Thank god its not a LE!

on 8/21/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is lovely. It's pretty much the exact same colour as my lips but a touch more nude. It's perfect for everyday and it will work with anything from a neutral work appropriate eye to a dramatic smoky eye for a night out. Great product, will buy again and again.

My only issue is the wear time. I look one lippy off because I wish it lasted longer.

on 8/21/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my absolute favorite MAC lipstick of all time. I've been using this for years now & if never disappoints! Whenever I can't decide what color Iipstick/gloss I want to wear I always turn to Hug Me & it just works :) Plus, always get compliments when I wear this shade!

on 8/21/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite lip colour with tones of brown to it was Bonne Bell Clic It in "Bliss"(have pics in review for it), once that was discontinued I searched high and low for a replacement- well okay, I just walked straight into MAC;obviously I wasn't too broken. Hug Me fit the bill. Beautiful nudey/beige/peachy/brown, wonderful moisturising texture and long lasting too- I went for Mexican-and you know how messy that can get!-and I was surprised when I went to freshen up it was still on perfectly. I wouldn't accentuate my eye colour with this one as I don't think it is "that" light (for me) to do so, but I really love this colour for a polished look.

on 8/3/2010 12:59:00 PM

I was really excited to buy Hug Me, but my happiness did not stay for long..just like this lipstick.I found it to be truly unfortunate that MAC luster lipstick do not have lasting power even an hour.It is a beautiful color...only if it could stay little longer.Re touching every hour does not seem practical to me so not purchasing it again.

on 8/1/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! It lasts very long and it's great for everyday use since it's not bold or daring at all.

on 7/30/2010 8:53:00 PM

On some days this is really a true MLBB for me. What i love about it is it's hydrating and the color is very versatile depending on the lipliner you use. I recently discovered that lustre lipsticks are the most worth it for me because i love applying them hence i can finish a tube for sure! some lipsticks last for YEARS on my train case and i end up just tossing them or b2m'ing them which is a waste. however, as with lustre lipsticks, lasting power isn't that long. i will probably buy another of this when i'm halfway done the tube. :)

on 7/24/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product for someone with a dark complexion who wants to create a nude lip. I have pigmented lips and this is the only product that works for me. However I do find that it settles a lot in the lips and creases in my lips but this won't stop me from buying another stick :)

Popular Lipsticks