MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 10/14/2010 12:45:00 PM

What a lovely lipstick! This is a great nude/MLBB shade for me in the Fall/Winter. The color is a neutral pink (to me) that will look good on a variety of ladies and skintones, I am fairly pale with pink undertones (I'm 115 in MUFE HD). Goes on easily, stays put, no sparkles and is just a great every day color that makes me look polished. My only complaint: it's a bit drying so I make sure to use some lip balm underneath. I sometimes top with a bit of clear gloss and that helps too. I would buy again if I run out.

on 10/9/2010 4:23:00 PM

Like the texture, color, and lack of glitters but the price is really ridiculous. No more MAC for me.

on 10/4/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This is my HG everyday lipstick. It's the perfect MLBB shade. Depending on how pigmented my lips are when I apply the lipstick, it can appear more pink or nude. The lustre formula gives me a little bit of shine without having to wear a lipgloss. I like that I don't need a lip liner, and it's super easy to apply when I'm in a hurry. I''m already on my 4th tube.

on 10/3/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I super love this lipstick! Very smooth, pigmented, nice nude-pink color. I love the sheen it gives not too shimmery or tacky to feel. Just a perfect everyday lipstick. I am on my 3rd lipstick and will keep buying more :)

on 10/1/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked this version of lustre formula. (Sometimes they can be too sparkly.) It applied smoothly, my lips didn't feel dried out, and had a nice sheen finish (NOT shimmer). However, this was too brown on my NC25-30 face IMO. I imagine it looking beautiful on darker skinned ladies. I was looking for something more pink. Will not repurchase.

on 9/1/2010 9:46:00 PM

Loves it! Fell in love with this color from the moment I saw it at the counter! An everyday shade- my lips but better.,natural perfection in a tube. I wear it most when I'm going for the no make up (but lots of it on) kinda look.

on 8/31/2010 2:43:00 AM

I took my Lust lipglass to my local MAC store, hoping to find a lipstick that came close. At the advice of fellow MUA members, I immediately looked at Hug Me, Twig, and Jubilee. Twig was a bit too brown, and Jubilee a bit too orange, so I tried Hug Me. In the very dim lighting of the store, it looked like an almost exact match, skewing just a shade pinker than Lust. Excited, I made the mistake that I hadn't made in a while: I bought it without going outside to observe the color in natural light. Once I stepped outside of the mall, I realized that Hug Me lacked the creamy nude element that makes Lust my HG nude-pink shade; Hug Me instead appeared a straight up warm milky pink on my lips, which is to say, looked almost exactly like my lip color. I've worn it a few more times, in hopes that the shade will wow me as a perfect nude-pink lipstick, but I find that it appeals to me less and less as the days go by. I think this one is going back to the store.

on 8/25/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Just found my HG allround lipstick! I don't love beige nudes and this is just fabulous. It gives me a smooth appearance and I can wear it with everything. Thank god its not a LE!

on 8/21/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is lovely. It's pretty much the exact same colour as my lips but a touch more nude. It's perfect for everyday and it will work with anything from a neutral work appropriate eye to a dramatic smoky eye for a night out. Great product, will buy again and again.

My only issue is the wear time. I look one lippy off because I wish it lasted longer.

on 8/21/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my absolute favorite MAC lipstick of all time. I've been using this for years now & if never disappoints! Whenever I can't decide what color Iipstick/gloss I want to wear I always turn to Hug Me & it just works :) Plus, always get compliments when I wear this shade!

Recommended for Medium Skin