April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lipstick that won't frighten the horses. I got it specifically for a nude/"minimal makeup" look for work and for when I'm hanging out with my nature-girl-no-makeup friends. I'd also wear it on a date when I want to look very demure.

Have noticed through the reviews overall that this is a color that suits darker skin as a contrast and PPP's (that's porcelain pale princesses) as an attractive natural/neutral, and that ladies in the midrange find it blah. For me, like a perfect vanilla ice cream, this color really is an accomplishment. A lot of would-be neutrals either go strangely ashen on my mouth or reveal fake-looking orange or lavender tones. But Hug Me gives me a "like my mouth, just a bit better" set of lips.

Like other lipsticks in the MAC Lustre range, this formula is kind to older mouths with some lines/dryness.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

included a swatch, look above. I wanted everyone to see what it looks like on pigmented lips. Hug me is a great nude but i personally won't wear it without a pink lipglass on top. On my cremesheen " partial to pink" review i did a swatch of the two together. I would buy this lipstick again, its great as a base for pinks that would usually be too sheer for me to pull off.
update: try this with Nyx mega lipgloss in "trendy" and it becomes the most incredible sexy nude lippie ever. i'm nc50 for refferance.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

This is a product that I wish we could do half ratings for. I would give this a 3.5. For reference, I am NC30 with brown eyes and dark blonde hair. This showed up a little more on the pink side than I like, but after dabbing it slightly to fade out some of the pinkness, I really like this color. The lasting power is incredible too. I believe I would repurchase if I could not find another nude/natural color before this is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Naomi1214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. I am a NC45 and it compliments my skin in ways I could not imagine. I definitely recommend this lipstick to people of my skin tone or with tanned skin. It is a mauvey pink color & is very pretty on the lips. I love the vanilla scented smell of MAC lipsticks. You do not have to apply this lipstick because it has a gloss to it. I purchased this lipstick 3 times & I will continuing purchasing it . THUMBS UP!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by JessieCouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was overall a nice lipstick, but didn't impress me much. Could have stopped at a local drugstore and bought something much like this color. Typical shade, I'd say. It does look nice though. Very natural! Would look great with a brozed look. I have to give thumbs up for such a wonderful formula! It's so smooth, and creamy. The only thing I don't like is how it looks like I applied lip gloss, but that is to be expected with a lustrous lipstick. I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

I have finally found my HG everyday lipstick.
I was surprised because the mac mua told me not to get it because it will not show up on my lips and she suggested to just get honeyflower. I HATED the way honeflower looked on me so i went back i got the hug me. im glad i did because i love love love this for everyday use. even when im feeling bummy i can just throw it on and not look like im overdoing it.

I'm nc45 with brownish lips. I first line my lips with stripdown liner and then use this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by scfindlay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hug me I wish I could Hug you! This is the lipstick I have been looking for: not shimmery, very smooth, a nice shine and adds to the pigment of my lips without overpowering. I great every day, wear to work shade.
With my fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes it works well with many makeup color schemes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a creamy, warm, mauve-y lipstick with some pink undertones to it.

I have fair-medium skin, and this went on a little darker on me than I expected. No frost or glitter. It has sort of a light vanilla smell to it.

If you're looking for a nude lipstick with some light hint of color in it, then you might like this. It was a little more "mauve" than "pink" on me. Actually, the color seems to match the most pigmented part of my lips almost exactly. I prefer lighter pink and peach undertones when it comes to nude lipsticks. Personally, I think this would look better on people with medium to darker skin tones.

It's a good quality lipstick, as far as texture, lasting wear, and pigmentation goes, but it doesn't suit me personally the way I had hoped. I'll use it up, but I probably won't repurchase. Recommended for others though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Charissa1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just bought Hug Me yesterday as i was looking for a shade for everyday wear. i love the texture of this lipstick as this is a lustre, and it is defintiely much easier to apply compared to my Creamsheen Creme d'Nude. This is definitely a MLBB shade, so if you are looking for anything that is dramatic, Hug Me will not satisfy you, as it will only make your lips look more polished and healthily pinkish (in my opinion). i can foresee that i'm going to reach for this very often, especially on casual days when i don't want to appear too made up. love the trademark vanilla smell of MAC lipsticks! lasting power is towards the shorter side though, i find myself reapplying at least 3 - 4 times a day, but i'm pretty okay with that. Another winner from MAC. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

MAC's "hug me" lustre lipstick is a creamy, warm beige almost putty colour, and it is deep enough in winter to make me look alive (I wear MAC NC20 concealor). If I am having a pale day it can look a little too peachy, but otherwise it is a my-lips-but-better shade. I don't wear this lipstick in the summer when I am more naturally tanned (NC25) because it washes me out.

The price of this in Australia is $35AUD, a little too dear for me to buy back-ups. Besides the price, I have complaints about the formula of this shade. The texture of the lustre lipsticks tends to emphasise the lines in my lips, this is particularly a problem if the shade is one-dimensional rather than irridescent. I'm in my mid-thirties and the last thing I want from a lipstick is for it to make me look like I have lip wrinkles. Also "Hug Me" only lasts thirty minutes after application even without eating or drinking. I am too busy to reapply lipstick every thirty minutes. Finally, the lipstick leans against the side of the tube when I apply it, creating ring marks all over the stick. I am afraid the stick will break off at the base. Perhaps MAC can solve this problem by packaging the lustres in slim tubes rather than traditional lipstick bullets?

I won't repurchase "hug me" but I might consider other lipsticks in the lustre formula because I've tried MAC lustre lipstick in "touch" and it was not as soft as "hug me" and also had better staying power.