July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Nups

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to buy Hug Me, but my happiness did not stay for long..just like this lipstick.I found it to be truly unfortunate that MAC luster lipstick do not have lasting power even an hour.It is a beautiful color...only if it could stay little longer.Re touching every hour does not seem practical to me so not purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by KNGU

I love this lipstick! It lasts very long and it's great for everyday use since it's not bold or daring at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by pixiedust82

On some days this is really a true MLBB for me. What i love about it is it's hydrating and the color is very versatile depending on the lipliner you use. I recently discovered that lustre lipsticks are the most worth it for me because i love applying them hence i can finish a tube for sure! some lipsticks last for YEARS on my train case and i end up just tossing them or b2m'ing them which is a waste. however, as with lustre lipsticks, lasting power isn't that long. i will probably buy another of this when i'm halfway done the tube. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for someone with a dark complexion who wants to create a nude lip. I have pigmented lips and this is the only product that works for me. However I do find that it settles a lot in the lips and creases in my lips but this won't stop me from buying another stick :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely thrilled with this lipstick!!! Being fair/pale (MAC NC15) it is a personal struggle to find a "nude" lipstick that doesn't make me look like a corpse or that I don't have lips! On my recent trip to the MAC store I was recommended this shade, but skeptical as my three other trials as MAC "nudes" failed me (Blankety, Creme D'Nude, and Myth) as they left me disappointed and looking dead.
After a few days of wearing Hug Me, I'm absolutely enthusiastic and a believer of "nude" lipstick. This shade is perfect as I don't look like a corpse and my lips are visible and distinguishable from the rest of my face. The colour shows up on my lips as a creamy slightly pink with a hint of peach. It's moisturizing and feels so smooth and rich on my lips and with the lustre finish it looks glossy and gorgeous. It's the perfect shade for me and I would recommend it to others who struggle finding a nude shade without looking dead or lipless. The only con for me is I am constantly reapplying as the formula isn't long wearing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Catttt

Are there two versions of this? The reviews seem to be split between a nude/beige description or a pink/mauve color. My lips are pinky-brown and on me, Hug Me is a sheer, slightly glossy mauvey-pink. The formula is surprisingly non-drying and the color wears away evenly. It brightens up my C3 complexion and is safe and appropriate for all occasions. I'm glad I bought this and will happily use it until it's finished, but will continue my search for the perfect MLBB in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nithooz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

East Indian/Desi/NC40 skintone, with pigmented lips

Love love love Hug Me!! Its my absolute favorite, the one I always come back to.

Finding a good lipstick shade is always a huge pain in the @ss for me, b/c even if a shade seems to work with my skintone, it often looks gray or purplish on my pigmented lips. Or its too drying, and I end up with chapped lips that I constantly bite.

Hug Me not only successfully and beautifully colors my pigmented lips, but it also is one of the more moisturizing lipsticks I've tried. It looks really great with my olive desi skintone, and pairs well with a stronger eye. The only weak point is its lasting power. The color doesn't fade all that fast on me, but the creamy, "moist" look disappears quickly.

I imagine this shade would work well on many olive and/or tan skintones. But especially if you are Indian/Desi, I would highly recommend checking this lipstick out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by NHassan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much an HG status lipstick for me. It's a great MLBB color, a nude-brown toned pink. The color is very soft on my lips, giving it a slightly lighter look than my normal lip color without washing me out. I also love how this feels. It doesn't feel like a lipstick but instead a moisturizer. This is an absolutely lovely product. It's easy to wear, very subtle, and really sharpens a smokey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sabrinav

I really love it. Great nude color. I wear it with love nectar lustreglass to go to work or to wear with flashy eyeshadows (like shimmermoss) or smokey eyes look. I really love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lipstick that won't frighten the horses. I got it specifically for a nude/"minimal makeup" look for work and for when I'm hanging out with my nature-girl-no-makeup friends. I'd also wear it on a date when I want to look very demure.

Have noticed through the reviews overall that this is a color that suits darker skin as a contrast and PPP's (that's porcelain pale princesses) as an attractive natural/neutral, and that ladies in the midrange find it blah. For me, like a perfect vanilla ice cream, this color really is an accomplishment. A lot of would-be neutrals either go strangely ashen on my mouth or reveal fake-looking orange or lavender tones. But Hug Me gives me a "like my mouth, just a bit better" set of lips.

Like other lipsticks in the MAC Lustre range, this formula is kind to older mouths with some lines/dryness.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No