December 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

After wanting to buy this for some time, I finally broke down and bought it yesterday at Ulta. I'm so glad I did. I was a little leary at first because although the reviews are good, there are quite a few of them up on swap lists. I have found that the pigmentation is quite good on my NW20 skin. I love the shades. They are neutral brown but are more cool. I prefer cooler browns as opposed to warmer browns. Last night I layered a few shades over the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha for a smokey brown eye and it looked wonderful and stayed looking good all evening. Yes there are a few shades that are very similar but fortunately I really like those shades so it means I just have more of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

This is a great natural palette for a low price. It includes a little two sided sponge brush, which is OK for traveling, and large mirror in the lid, as well as ten eyeshadows. The palette itself is good quality plastic, and I feel it safe to bring with me in my m/u bag without spillage.

8 of the shadows are in different browns, some matte and most of them with shimmer. Some of the colours are a bit similar, but not too much to make it a big problem. There are also one white and one black shadow. Some of them are a bit chalky, but most of them are soft and good quality.

I love this palette for neutral looks, but you can also make some more dramatic looks with the black, dark brown and light shimmer.

I would recommend this pallette to anyone wanting a good and low-cost neutral palette
It is only about $0.8 for each colour, which is 1.4 g each.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm on a mission to kick my high-end makeup addiction and have had excellent results so far, and this e/s palette is no exception. I got this to replace my almost-empty BB Shimmering Nudes palette and am quite impressed with the quality of the NYX shadows. I expected the texture and pigmentation to be poor quality, but they are surprisingly good considering I spent about $4 for this 10-shadow collection (50% off, $3.50 coupon ;), I especially recommend this to mature women because the lighter pigmentation of these shadows means less crepey look on the eyes even though the majority of these shadows are shimmery. The packaging, too, when considering the price is pretty good. Highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by susanwylie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette! NYX shadows are pretty decent for the price, and these neutral colors are beautifully wearable. It's a great set to travel with, as you can get smokey and natural looks both. The only thing I would have liked better, is if the matte white shadow, could have been an off white or really pale cream, but other than that, it's a great staple to any kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this palette. the colors include a white, dark brown, black, and a pretty range of browns. good little mix of satin and matte as well. the only complaint i could possibly have it is when swatched it looks like all highlighters and 2 dark colors. it's quite decieving in the pan because it LOOKS like a good balanced range of neutrals but when applied the mid-toned browns look very light. if they had gone a shade darker with the mid-tones this palette would be THE BOMB for the buck. all of the colors (regardless of me being picky) are beautifully pigmented and apply like a dream. the black and dark brown shades are consistently even in their application., no pack it on, pack it on, pack it on - blend blend blend blend with these two shades.....LOL i use udpp with it and for the money $9.00 - you absolutely cannot go wrong on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the shadows in this palette! HOwever applying them was hard. They didn't go on the way I wanted them to, and sometimes disappeared when blended with each other. I used a primer but it didn't make a huge difference. Some colors, like the black, were extremely chalky and hard to work with. Others went on like butter. It was a really good mix of colors, and maybe with more skill and a better brush I can make better use of this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this palette is the packaging and the shadow colors. Very nice neutral shades to wear natural looks w/ little shimmer. Unfortunately, the quality of the shadow was not what I was used to and the actual color payoff was little to none. I had to keep packing on the color and in the end it was a lot of work for nothing. Another thing I didn't like was the very strong chemical scent each time I opened the Palette. I really couldn't get over it and I felt I was breathing in particles whenever I put my eye shadow brush to the shadow. Oddly enough, the packaging was nice. There was a nice good size mirror with it and if the shadow had been better quality, it could have been something I kept with me at all times. I ended up giving it away to a coworker in the hopes that she might get better use out of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's ok- not the best. I've definitely used better from drugstore brands. The pigmentation is decent- not great. Shades are cool so not terribly flattering to me. Nice mix of mattes and shimmers/satins. However, I feel a couple of the shades are really similar to each other. Decent especially for the price but nothing amazing. It does come with a nice matte black and a matte white which is good and some pretty taupey colors that are satiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by eri83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love love love the colors in this palette. I just wish they were bigger. All the colors are neutral and gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by rainkl

It looks pretty in pictures, but in person the palette is a little mundane. Colors don't show up on the lid that well and a lot of the colors look the same! I can't distinguish one from another.

The Nude on Nude palette is a lot better in variation in colors. Choose that if you want a cheap neutral palette.