July 23, 2014 | 2297 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by HoodieNinja

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only lip balm product that I have purchased again, and again, and again. It heals my lips even when they are extremely chapped. It is also more pigmented than most tinted balms, and gives a lovely hint of color.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the price. I cringe every time I buy one...so expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

Can't add anything that hasn't already been mentioned -- beautifully packaged tinted lip balm that adds a gorgeous wash of sheer rose to my medium pigmented lips, same lovely scent and buttery consistency as the original Fresh Sugar lippie, and sufficiently moisturizing for my perpetually dry lips. I haven't had too many problems with it melting in the tube, though where I live is very moderate. It's almost the perfect tinted lip balm (I'm addicted), I just wish more product came in the tube -- it goes quick with daily use -- and that it weren't so extravagantly priced. Such a luxurious little product, it's a treat to use, but I'm still hunting for cheaper alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a free mini size sample for my birthday from Sephora. I really like the hint of color and the texture of this product. It made my lips feel moisturized without it feeling thick on my lips. I also liked the packaging and the twist cap. My only concern was that it contains oxybenzone. I have been trying to stay away from oxybenzone because I hear its not good for you. Just my personal choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by AYuKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of allergic reactions to lip products, especially those with spf but no problems with this one whatsoever. This is the perfect colour on me and it's buildable when I want a brighter look. I hardly ever have to reapply (except after eating / drinking stuff) and I like how it doesn't taste like anything unlike a lot of other lip products (it has a subtle lemony scent to it though) I don't like are how expensive it is but i would probably still repurchase. Also avoid leaving it in really warm places, it melts and gets really messy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got a sample size of this for my birthday from Sephora. From what I understand the mini size is similar to the product you get in the full size.

I like the color this imparts on your lips and the case is really sturdy and well made. My one complaint is that this balm is not very stable and became mushy after keeping it in a pants pocket for a few hours. I understand my body heat melted the balm a bit and have seen this affect before on lipsticks, but I pretty much ruined the Fresh balm this way.

Like I mentioned before this product does give you a nice hint of color, but I'm not fond of products that don't hold up to some abuse or even just putting them in your pocket. Perhaps the larger product performs better. I won't be spending my money to find out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I received the mini duo as a free birthday gift from Sephora recently. I really love the rose tinted balm -- it smells wonderful, the color is very natural and sheer, it's slick (not sticky at all), and it feels like it really hydrates my lips. It doesn't seem to last very long, though. I feel like I'm constantly reapplying. The tint lasts around 30 minutes to an hour after the shine has faded. This balm is also VERY soft and fragile, so I'd advise not twisting it up too far or you'll be left with pieces.
I honestly can't see paying $23 +tax for one tube of this, though. I've used drugstore tinted balms that do the job just as well for a fraction of the cost. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a mini in a set of lip products, and I really can't say I'm impressed. For a product that costs $20+ I guess I expected a lot more. I have drugstore lip products better than this.

EDIT: Okay so I've been using my Sugar lip balm (not the Rose) at night for a while, and I do have to say it is a great product. There are good lip products like this in drugstores, but I think what makes this a cult favorite is the ingredients, which I never thought about before. It's healthy for you and works well. It's still not something I would pay $20+ on, but it is a nice product, so I'm giving it one more lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdrsgrl05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Originally, I tried this product as part of a free birthday gift set from Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. .got both the advanced therapy lip treatment (no color) and the Sugar rose treatment. Before using this, I had been an avid user of the Burt's Bee's pomegranate lip balm. . I noticed that while the Sugar lip treatments are definitely on the pricier side, I do notice that I only have to apply it once or twice in a day. . whereas with Burt's Bees, I had to apply the lip balm much more frequently.
As I'm fair skinned, the Sugar rose lip treatment provides just enough color. .and the color is buildable. . as you apply more, the color intensifies.
I will agree with what a couple of people have said. .don't twist the tube too much to expose too much product. .it could have the potential to break off, especially in warmer weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to go do a price point check in this since it was a gift from a friend. I think I'm addicted to lip protection products - I keep them all over the house, in each purse, coat pockets, night tables, etc. The problem I've experienced with all of them is that they wear off very quickly. This one seems different. It's thicker and creamier, almost like an emollient colorless lipstick - it gives just a tiny bit if color. I can easily see this as a night treatment or even under lipstick. I tried it under some gloss today and it seemed to make my gloss stay on longer, since the gloss had something to stick to. That said it's not really sticky, it just lays down a good coating of protection. This IS a high end product for me, so I'm hoping I can find it on sale at some point.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by m3filley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The formula irritated my lips, dried them out & peeling commenced. Took a week of Aquaphor to get them back to normal. I find I can tolerate it to top off a few of my matte lipsticks, so I salvaged the product to that extent. But on bare lips, it's a no-go for me.

The packaging is top notch, but even if it did not wreck my kisser, at this price point it would be a luxury purchase & I would rather allocate that kind of money towards high end hair or skin care products.

Like many MUA reviews, it was my free gift from Sephora. I wavered on selecting the men's birthday option; Anthony Logistics Glycolic Face Cleanser (deluxe sample). A minor regret as I was trying to undo the peeling lip damage