November 21, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a mini version of this as part of Sephora's Beauty Insider birthday gift this year. It's a decent lip balm with a pretty, natural pink tint. It has sort of a lemon-y scent to it. The packaging is unique because the cap twists on instead of snapping on. Since Fresh is a pricey brand, I don't think I'd purchase a full-sized version of this though... there's nothing that truly stands out about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AmbyCakes

I also received my birthday gift from Sephora. I am not a fan of this product. Yes, the packaging is super pretty, but the product itself is so weak. It smashes really easily when you gently apply it! Both of the Sugar balms I received do this. I am so happy I did NOT buy this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by HoodieNinja

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only lip balm product that I have purchased again, and again, and again. It heals my lips even when they are extremely chapped. It is also more pigmented than most tinted balms, and gives a lovely hint of color.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the price. I cringe every time I buy one...so expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

Can't add anything that hasn't already been mentioned -- beautifully packaged tinted lip balm that adds a gorgeous wash of sheer rose to my medium pigmented lips, same lovely scent and buttery consistency as the original Fresh Sugar lippie, and sufficiently moisturizing for my perpetually dry lips. I haven't had too many problems with it melting in the tube, though where I live is very moderate. It's almost the perfect tinted lip balm (I'm addicted), I just wish more product came in the tube -- it goes quick with daily use -- and that it weren't so extravagantly priced. Such a luxurious little product, it's a treat to use, but I'm still hunting for cheaper alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a free mini size sample for my birthday from Sephora. I really like the hint of color and the texture of this product. It made my lips feel moisturized without it feeling thick on my lips. I also liked the packaging and the twist cap. My only concern was that it contains oxybenzone. I have been trying to stay away from oxybenzone because I hear its not good for you. Just my personal choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by AYuKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of allergic reactions to lip products, especially those with spf but no problems with this one whatsoever. This is the perfect colour on me and it's buildable when I want a brighter look. I hardly ever have to reapply (except after eating / drinking stuff) and I like how it doesn't taste like anything unlike a lot of other lip products (it has a subtle lemony scent to it though) I don't like are how expensive it is but i would probably still repurchase. Also avoid leaving it in really warm places, it melts and gets really messy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got a sample size of this for my birthday from Sephora. From what I understand the mini size is similar to the product you get in the full size.

I like the color this imparts on your lips and the case is really sturdy and well made. My one complaint is that this balm is not very stable and became mushy after keeping it in a pants pocket for a few hours. I understand my body heat melted the balm a bit and have seen this affect before on lipsticks, but I pretty much ruined the Fresh balm this way.

Like I mentioned before this product does give you a nice hint of color, but I'm not fond of products that don't hold up to some abuse or even just putting them in your pocket. Perhaps the larger product performs better. I won't be spending my money to find out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I received the mini duo as a free birthday gift from Sephora recently. I really love the rose tinted balm -- it smells wonderful, the color is very natural and sheer, it's slick (not sticky at all), and it feels like it really hydrates my lips. It doesn't seem to last very long, though. I feel like I'm constantly reapplying. The tint lasts around 30 minutes to an hour after the shine has faded. This balm is also VERY soft and fragile, so I'd advise not twisting it up too far or you'll be left with pieces.
I honestly can't see paying $23 +tax for one tube of this, though. I've used drugstore tinted balms that do the job just as well for a fraction of the cost. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a mini in a set of lip products, and I really can't say I'm impressed. For a product that costs $20+ I guess I expected a lot more. I have drugstore lip products better than this.

EDIT: Okay so I've been using my Sugar lip balm (not the Rose) at night for a while, and I do have to say it is a great product. There are good lip products like this in drugstores, but I think what makes this a cult favorite is the ingredients, which I never thought about before. It's healthy for you and works well. It's still not something I would pay $20+ on, but it is a nice product, so I'm giving it one more lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdrsgrl05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Originally, I tried this product as part of a free birthday gift set from Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. .got both the advanced therapy lip treatment (no color) and the Sugar rose treatment. Before using this, I had been an avid user of the Burt's Bee's pomegranate lip balm. . I noticed that while the Sugar lip treatments are definitely on the pricier side, I do notice that I only have to apply it once or twice in a day. . whereas with Burt's Bees, I had to apply the lip balm much more frequently.
As I'm fair skinned, the Sugar rose lip treatment provides just enough color. .and the color is buildable. . as you apply more, the color intensifies.
I will agree with what a couple of people have said. .don't twist the tube too much to expose too much product. .it could have the potential to break off, especially in warmer weather.