September 1, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I bought this lip balm because i am a sucker for highly advertised products. so many people are raving about this product and i have seen so many reviews on youtube claiming how amazing it is and maybe it is, for them. So i just want to state that this is not a bad product, it does soften your lips and the flavors are nice. the mint one makes your lips tingly which is nice. however it is not a holy grail product, I personally feel that it is highly overrated; to me it is no different from any other lip balm product. the packaging is cute, the price is a little steep.
overall it is an average product it is no better or worse that any other lip product i have tried, maybe I would repurchase it due to the cute packaging and nice smell because that is what I feel you are paying for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

I have to say I absolutely love this product. Even the cute little sphere packaging although once it gets down to the bottom I might have an issue using my finger to dip into the pot (not necessarily hygienic). I'm a fan since switching from Burt's Bees. Not sure if they've changed their formula in the peppermint lip balm but I appreciate this has no petroleum!! Great taste as well as long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this is the only EOS that I actually like enough to consider rebuying. I found most of them not really moisturizing, smells odd, and a tad too waxy for my liking but this one is light weight and emollient with a nice simple and pleasant scent. The minty tingle is a plus. It's not greasy or too slippery and provides a semi-glossy finish so it's good worn alone or under a lipstick (without changing the formula of the lipstick itself much).

I actually am not a fan of the EOS round packaging. Initially I thought it was "cute" like many do, but it's just impractical, slightly odd to carry around if you're not one to have a huge hand bag with you 24/7 and application is a bit messy. I bought Sweet Mint in the stick version which I haven't seen sold physically anywhere but can be easily ordered at drugstore.com. The stick version of EOS balms are limited in flavors and the tube itself is a bit excessive/bulky but the same cute pastel color... If you look at it long enough it kind of resembles a tampon though but hey it's still easy to find in a purse, much easier to store, and not a giant ball in your pocket, LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Ag22392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With the exception of when EOS is out of stock, I am a purist. I hoard this stuff. I was converted from Burt's for this. The important thing the note about EOS is it is not a "protectorant" so to speak like many "chapsticks." I would label it a lip moisturizer or conditioner. If your lips are already in good condition and you just want to protect them from the wind or sun chapstick/Burt's is plenty. If you are like me or any others who suffered from chapped lips to the point of busted lips or swelling this is the only product for you. Dermatologists say camphor, phenol and menthol worsen chapped lips and these are the popular "fresh, minty, tingly" ingredients in 90 percent of lip balm. By contrast with the exception of stevia, flavor, and beeswax every ingredient in EOS is an essential oil that will put moisture into already parched lips. I know some reviewers have complained that is "disappears," but surprisingly it's because the product can be fully absorbed by your lips, unlike traditional chapsticks which use wax as the major ingredient, which will coat and sit atop skin. I recommend trying EOS. Super shiny, super healing, and tons of yummy scents, plus medicated and spf options.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only eos lip balm i love. The refreshing tingly feeling from the mint makes it feel more moisturizing than the other flavors. Its a nice base for lipsticks for the same reason. Its also just painfully adorable. If you only buy one of the eos lip balms it should be this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by CherryEuphoria

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm! It gives me a lovely cool mint feel & it's amazing. I also love how it applies just enough lip balm without the greasy chapstick feel. Not bad for its price. The packaging can be somewhat inconvenient at times, especially when I want to just put it in my pocket. The sphere thing is cute though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lndydhr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is everywhere and I am so sad that I can't get a hold of this in my country. And when I finally get it during holiday abroad, I LOVE IT. It's moisturizing in a way that it does not make my lips feel like i have just eaten a grease ball. The mint is refreshing (although quite shockingly strong in first application, but then it is okay) and I hear that mint can serve as a lip plumper as well and its smell can actually lower your appetite. A-mazing.

I removed one lippy becauusee:packaging. It's super cute don't get me wrong, but the shape makes it hard to reach the corners of your lips without it going either inside your mouth or out to the skin around your lip. And the reason I say i won't buy it again cause I'll probably want to try out other flavors as well :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by anavu90

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. Packing is super cute. I have always fight a battle with dry, chapped lips, but when I got this all problems where gone. I like that is natural and organic. The minty feeling is great and peppermint leaf oil gives some color boost to my lips. I can't wait to try other flavors.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Pros:
Cute packaging
Smells and tastes amazing
Natural ingredients

Once you get past the pros though.. The love affaire is over.

Con's:
Not moisturing
Fades quickly
Makes lips more dry

This did not live up to expectations. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by andyanddani

Sweet mint is a lightly scented, non waxy and semi-moisturizing and delightful lip balm. The lip balm has a great non sticky texture however reapplication is needed within a couple of hours. Innovative design and I love the packaging. Definitely recommend. Sweet mint reminds me of the Soft Lips Product line but better.