Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/9/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Looooove! This has the coverage of a liquid foundation. It feels great and the first time I wore it I couldn't stop looking at my skin in the mirror. I have high hopes for this. I will update in a few weeks if anything changes. For reference I am NC40 in MAC and I wear medium beige in this foundation.

update on 9/20/14: I've been wearing this foundation for almost a year now and I've come to the conclusion that this ages me. Since I started wearing it, fine lines have deepened and my skin is not as resilient as it used to be. Also, no matter what I do, this oxidizes on me like crazy and ends up making me look horrible within a couple of hours. My mom used drugstore powders/makeup all her life and gets told she looks like she's 30 all the time and she's 56! No lie. I think mineral makeup is just another hyped up product and I won't be using this anymore. I mean, if something is good for you, isn't it supposed to make you look better over time? Too bad this isn't the case with BE.

on 11/3/2013 11:07:00 PM

Since I turned past 50 I can't wear this product anymore. I loved it in my 40s but the powder now settles in my fine lines and exaggerates my pores. I tried their primer but it didn't help. So disappointed. Loved the way it felt on my skin!

on 11/3/2013 1:53:00 AM

I had never tried foundation before because I was terrified of breaking out from it, but this had never made me have a single breakout. I love the matte finish it gives, it's not too much but it is build able coverage! I love this foundation for me! The only complaint that I would have is that it doesn't last long enough, other than that it's great.

on 11/2/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is a pretty good day foundation as it feels light on the skin, a great colour match and never looks cakey but natural. The only problem is there just isn't enough coverage for my blemishes! You need to have a good concealer underneath to hide them. Although I will keep this as a day foundation until I find a better alternative (which I haven't and been using this for a year). The other good thing about this product is the tub lasts forever!

on 10/31/2013 10:40:00 PM

There's nothing like Bare Minerals. I used to use this, then ventured out into the world of liquid foundations. I never found anything that looked natural and didn't make my already dry skin look worse. Recently, I took this out to try to remember what I used to love about it. And automatically I fell back in love with this powder. It's so fine and smooth, natural look and feel AND doesn't highlight dry patches if you use a good moisturizer. I'm back to Bare Minerals for sure.

on 10/30/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was using Mary Kay's powder foundation, I loved it until I tried this! I get the one without SPF though because I don't like that SPF smell on my face, this really blends well and to me is full coverage, a major downside is if you lay down it will get on your pillow and it can get on your clothes, for sure apply after you are dressed!!!

on 10/14/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is a great foundation for the summertime when you want something light on your skin. It doesn't provide the best coverage however, and it doesn't last longer than a few hours. It does provide great broad spectrum SPF protection, which again, is great in the summer.

on 10/14/2013 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week and i'm not sure what tot think about it.

I use it on a daily base combined with La Roche Posay Effaclar 'mattifying daycream'. I apply it with my zoeva silky finish brush. When just applied it looks perfectly matte and very natural. It doesn't cover blemishes very well so i need to use concealer. But for a daily use i like the natural coverage.
After a few hours at work the oil starts to break through my make up. It is not super oily, but i had high hopes that this powder would control my oiliness better. Luckily it doesn't cause any breakouts.

I will continue using this because it was not very cheap, but i will not repurchase.

on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM

This is your typical "good enough" foundation for daily use. It is very lightweight (when you apply it lightly), and doesn't clog pores. There isn't much more you could want. Its initial level of coverage doesn't last super long especially if you have oily skin, but it WILL give you some degree of coverage all day long. This is a pretty good everyday lightweight foundation for oily skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this to set my liquid foundation and im.sooooo happy im.loving.it, i usually get super oily on.my tzone and this keeps it under control and.the coverage.is beyond great... Also i have a yellow undertone and this is the first powder that matches my skin perfectly! I don't look pink anymore i got the golden.medium.