July 28, 2014 | 2194 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Fatang

I dearly wanted to love this product, but it really didn't deliver after months and months of religious use. My brittle nails broke off even easier, peeled, and turned quite yellow near the end. The only thing I really like about this product was the brush. I wish I didn't waste my money. It's not the worst thing I've ever used, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this since Feb 2011, and I've never had better nails in my life!

Pros:
Dries SUPER fast!
Looks nice on it's own
Seems to last forever, I've hardly made a dent in the bottle after months!
Has made my nails long and healthy!!

Cons:
Expensive!! With tax I payed $20!

I am a forever fan of this! I use it 1-2 times a week, whenever I do a my nails. I just put a coat of the Envy on, and then put my nail color on and there you go! I don't use it as a top coat, or alone, I just put my favorite nail polish over it, and it's amazing! My nails have NEVER been this long or strong or looked so nice before! I will DEFINATLY buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Rainey1

At first, I absolutely loved this stuff and raved about it, but after a month of use, I noticed that my nails were yellowy-orange and began wondering if I had some sort of medical disorder or nutrition deficiancy. I happened to Google yellow nails to see what I could find when I came across the link between using Nail Envy and yellow nails. It makes perfect sense seeing as I have been using it and am quite health conscious, taking vitamins regularly.
I have no idea why this yellowing happens to some of us but not all of us. My nails look horrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I had very high hopes for this product after reading steller reviews all over the internet. My nails are very thin, bendy, and often flake. I cannot grow them out as a result. I bought this product at Target, and they did not display the price. When I got up to pay for it and it rang in at $17, I thought, "wow, that's a lot, the reviews must be true if this is so expensive".
Well, I'm glad it worked for so many other people, but it has not worked for me. For one, when I wear this alone, my nails look yellow-tinged and gross. It works pretty good as a base coat- I noticed an improvement in the way my polish was adhering and I do not experience peeling like I usually do. So that's great- but I have used base coats that work much better for way less than $17 (Seche Clear, to be exact).
After using this product pretty regularly for months now, I have not noticed any significant improvement in the condition of my nails- they are still thin and flake easily. I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really hate the ORIGINAL one. Claims to help strengthen your nail but that's full of c**p! after using it as a base coat my nail is actually weaker and drier. waste of $$!!
I also have another one call MAINTENANCE, this one is acceptable compares to the ORIGINAL. but I still wouldn't buy it again because I don't believe the company would change the formula THAT MUCH.
so i went ahead and threw away the ORIGINAL and I will say BYE BYE to OPI Nail Envy once I'm done with the MAINTENANCE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I've been using this for about 2 months and it definitely worked.
I've always had a hard time growing my nails because they tend to break easily =\ this made them stronger and less prone to breaking, but I still have the problem of the tips of my nails flaking off every now and then. I will purchase again because I do see an improvement, and if I stop using it they would be much worse off >_<
I have not had the problem of my nails turning yellow, they look healthy and brighter

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had tried this a few years ago and while I was happy with the strengthening results It tended to make my nails yellow so I stopped using it. I have tried so many base coats since (not necessarily strengthening ones as I don't really need it) and have recently come back to nail envy. The reason being I found that when I used it before it was the best base for adhering my polish to my nails. I get much longer chip free wear when I use this and it works great with all brands I have tried so far.

To counteract the yellowing of my nails I apply a coat of OPI Natural Nails base first then the Nail Envy and this gives the same hold plus the benefits of the strngthening ingredients without any yellowing. This is my HG combination. I gave it 4 lippies because of the yellowing on its own but used with the other base becomes 5 lippies. I will most certainly be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Fluffludd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst nail treatment I have ever used on my nails. I've always had dry and brittle nails and because of this I have tried a lot of brands and treatments, and most of them has had some kind of effect, even if it's been a really tiny one, but Nail Envy has no effect watsoever on my nails. I really wanted this towork so I gave it 6 months before I gave up. Not only did my nails still break and split, it didn't do what I expect the most basic base coat to do: to protect my nails from staining.
Since then I've found that Trind Nail Repair works best for me, with Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle on second place, So if your nails tend to behave like mine do and Nail Envy doesn't do the job, maybe you should try one of these instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product, its the only one that strengthens my nails, which before was weak and soft. They bends easily and could not grow long without cracking and breaking. I could not use nail polish and this makes me sad. I've tried Poshe basecoat and Sally hansen's miracle growth. But they did nothing.

OPI's nail envy in addition to Solgar's skin nail hair supplement strengthened my nails. I can wear nail polish now. I've recently bought a second bottle in matt formula and love the finish better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm going to be the rogue reviewer here and say that this stuff dried the crap out of my nails. Formaldehyde is listed twice as ingredients in this formulation and that alone should have served as a warning to me. When I was at my wits end I added my own drops of Almond Oil to this product in order to make it somewhat moisturizing. What's the point of strong nails if they are left bereft of all moisture?

And I won't be trying their other formulas. I think I'll continue the search for a formaldehyde free product that contains moisturizing ingredients that promote elasticity as well as strength.