October 20, 2014 | 1519 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by miztres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally don't like buying drugstore eyeshadows but this got so many positive reviews and the colors were different from what I had. I decided to get it and it was not expensive ($5 at walmart). Obviously it isn't MAC but for what it is (affordable and pretty colors) its amazing! I personally have to use a primer and sometimes a base to get the perfect color pay off, but I really like it. My boyfriend even complemented my eyes the day I wore it. I find it a little hard to blend it out with a brush, so I use my fingers. Totally worth getting if you don't have the colors, they are very pretty! I will get one for my sister who isn't very makeup capable because it is so easy to use and great for most skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on and off now that fall weather is here and I love what it does for my eyes. I have dark brown eyes and really light skin and I think the colors make my eyes pop without washing my skin out. It stays on for a long time, and the color is buildable. I just wish that the packaging wasn't so flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This is a good, cheap smokey quad. The packaging is obviously not great, but for the price it's what you would expect.
The colours are pretty...the nice thing about them is that you can work with them for day or night. I've definitely worn this quad out at night (using a heavier hand), and I am currently wearing it during the day at work. I get lots of compliments on the lid shade in particular, which is a really pretty silvery-taupe.
The colour pigmentation is decent. The brow colour isn't very good-I would recommend using a different shade for a highlight.
Overall, it is a pretty versatile quad with decent colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by teago

First Maybelline product Ive purchased (that I can remember) that I can say without a doubt I LOVE this and will purchase again.
I just used the sponge applicators to apply where they said and Im super impressed. The most impressed Ive ever been with drugstore shadows to date Id say.
My mother even commented that she liked my makeup and wanted to learn how to do it. She has NEVER worn eyeshadow more than maybe 5 times in her life so for her to like it says a lot.
The only thing is the packaging, the clear plastic lid is flimsy and mines already broken, but for $13 AUD I dont really mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a fan of Maybelline eyeshadow until I tried this one. This is really nice. Love the color combo, love the color pay off and lasting power, and I love the price. I believe these are dupes for several of MAC eyeshadow for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I definitely now get why people love this quad so much. These are really great neutral colors that everyone should have. The four shades are (from upper left to lower right):

Lid Color: silvery shimmery taupe similar to Mac Satin Taupe but with chunkier shimmers

Crease: shimmery reddish brown/bronze similar to Mac Cut to Fit

Brow: matte creamy, off white similar to Mac Brule

Outer Corner: matte rich chocolate brown similar to Mac Handwritten

Overall, pigmentation is great, easy to blend and decent stay power. All four colors are decent Mac dupes and although you are only getting 4.8g of product whereas if you got four Mac shadows you would have 6g or product, the price difference really offsets that. I got mine for about five bucks so even if I got two of them, that is still less than the price of one Mac shadow. I really recommend this especially if you do not own some basic neutral browns in different textures. If you already have a decent collection of Mac neutrals, this is perhaps unnecessary although it would still be great to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by courtinkerbell

I effing love this palette, omg. It's just... great. The colors, the pigmentation, the lasting power are all wonderful. I've been wearing it EVERYDAY since I bought it about a week and a half ago. No joke, I wore this WITHOUT primer, to an amusement park and went on roller coasters where my eyes were running and i would wipe them after the ride and I thought, "Great my makeup probably looks like sh*t" but the eyeshadow still looked perfect. I was shocked. Definitely pick up this quad, it's worth a try. I seriously loooove it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Charcoal and Natural smokes. Maybelline shadows used to suck so much in the past--they were hardly pigmented and chalky. The new formulas are so much better, but not great. I love the dark smokey eye look and these shadows are perfect for it. Make sure to blend well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes by far maybellines best quad ever! I have to say i love every single shadow and use them all. This is def a must have in everyones collection.
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Maybelline Stylish Smoke Quad collection can be found widely as most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as mass stores like Kmart, Target & Walmart. The price is also great. These normally run around $4-6 depending on your location as well as sales/discounts/coupons. I always try to score a deal when i buy my makeup being as broke as i am.
~~FORMULA/PERFORMANCE/SHADE~~
The formula is soft hardly any fallout, applies with amazing pigmentation with all shades and blends easily. As the pictures show the pigmentation of every shadow is awesome. I does make smoky eyes easy. I will put mac dupes with description of shades, may not be exact but feel free to correct me.
BROW- matte off white great highlight no shimmer applies great (mac vanilla or brule)
LID- shimmery taupey brown gray my fav! Gorgeous shade its not to shimmery (mac satin taupe)
CREASE- a dark bronzy red/maroon semi frost almost a dark cranberry (mac tempting)
OUTER CORNER- a matte dark espresso brown almost black very pigmented blends well great for outer v definition (mac espresso, style warriors, or brun)
Im telling u this is the best quad ive ever tried for a great smoky eye or i use this quad alot with other shadows since each shadow is great. I love it, bought a backup. Use it alot. Its hard to find great e/s for a low price. I paid around $4, i had coupon but wait 4 sales too. This is def a rebuy when or if i get thru two, its so good. I have pale skin and it works well 4 me, not to harsh and will work on any skintone. I hope maybelline continues putting out e/s like these. I def will buy. Wish they had these shades individually, id def get them all. Im tellin u its def one of the best from the drugstore. Try it! Its so pretty! And u get 4 mac dupes for $1 a shade, wow!
~~PACKAGING~~
The Maybelline Stylish Smokes Quads come in the standard drugstore hard plastic compact. The lid snaps open/shut easily. The lid is see thru plastic which is nice if you have more than a few of these quads so you can see which is which. The backing has a sticker w/ labeling info as well as a little picture tutorial on the back to show you where you can place these shadows which is nice if you arent exactly sure. I know they have recently changed the shadows sizes since before you got 4 square pans of shadow all the same size but now theyre all different sizes which id rather have it the old way. But they have also stamped which shadow is what & where to place it. Its nice for beginners or anyone since you can wear these however you want. The compact is slim & can be placed in your makeup bag on the go. I havent had any problems with this particular quad but some of my Maybelline quad lids have broke off which is a pain so i suggests not to beat these up. Its simple packaging, not the best but i dont mind- its whats on the inside that counts for me.
Overall, i def recommend to everyone. esp if you like daytime smoky eyes & want something you can wear daily but can also be smoked out for nite time looks. This quad has four beautiful shadows that i will def repurchase over & over!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

This is a great eyeshadow quad for, what it says on the label, smoky eyes. I love how very blendable, buildable and down-right gorgeous the colors were. Its definitely my go-to quad when im in a rush and dont have time to think about what kind of look to go out in. Its simple and you'll always look quite put together.