Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 11/2/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I questioned if these colors would be too dark on my very fair complexion but I love them! And you can't beat the price.

on 11/2/2010 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love love love this eyshadow quad! I cant believe Maybeline has finally made some decent eyeshadows! I own Satin Taupe which is a dupe for the crease colour in this quad, but for some reason ST looks kind of greyish on me.. does anyone know of a MAC shadow that is similar to ST or the crease colour in this quad..minus the grey?

on 11/1/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

As everyone has mentioned the packaging is subpar. It's really fragile. I broke the one on my Chai Latte quad upon first use, and I'm careful. So they need to improve on that, but the actual shadows and their suggestion for how to use them is fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that I'm overlooking the poor packaging. The colors are: A great shimmery almost metallic taupe for the lid, a satiny deep warm brown for the crease, a matte deep neutral brown for the outer corner, and a very mattish pale ivory for highlight. Some may call the ivory is the loser among the four because of it's less than stellar pigmentation. However, if you compare it to a lighter type highlight like MAC's Vapour, or Nylon it's very comparable and not a loser at all, just misunderstood. The color payoff is meant to be sheer or the entire eye would be overwhelming. This way, the focus is on the lid and that shimmery gorgeous taupe. Anyway, I'm getting carried away, I love this quad, and it's cheap too. A total win from Maybelline.

on 11/1/2010 8:01:00 PM

The only thing I have to complain about this product is the packaging. the lid snapped off the first week I was using it, but i couldn't ask for better quality eyeshadows with the price i was paying. Amazing pigmentation and barely any fallouts. I use this as my everyday quad and is the only quad i take with me when i travel. I end up using the matte brown as my brow color. So i couldn't ask for a more convenient product! ;)

on 11/1/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I generally don't like buying drugstore eyeshadows but this got so many positive reviews and the colors were different from what I had. I decided to get it and it was not expensive ($5 at walmart). Obviously it isn't MAC but for what it is (affordable and pretty colors) its amazing! I personally have to use a primer and sometimes a base to get the perfect color pay off, but I really like it. My boyfriend even complemented my eyes the day I wore it. I find it a little hard to blend it out with a brush, so I use my fingers. Totally worth getting if you don't have the colors, they are very pretty! I will get one for my sister who isn't very makeup capable because it is so easy to use and great for most skin tones.

on 11/1/2010 2:43:00 PM

I have been using this on and off now that fall weather is here and I love what it does for my eyes. I have dark brown eyes and really light skin and I think the colors make my eyes pop without washing my skin out. It stays on for a long time, and the color is buildable. I just wish that the packaging wasn't so flimsy.

on 11/1/2010 10:07:00 AM

This is a good, cheap smokey quad. The packaging is obviously not great, but for the price it's what you would expect.
The colours are pretty...the nice thing about them is that you can work with them for day or night. I've definitely worn this quad out at night (using a heavier hand), and I am currently wearing it during the day at work. I get lots of compliments on the lid shade in particular, which is a really pretty silvery-taupe.
The colour pigmentation is decent. The brow colour isn't very good-I would recommend using a different shade for a highlight.
Overall, it is a pretty versatile quad with decent colours.

on 11/1/2010 6:31:00 AM

First Maybelline product Ive purchased (that I can remember) that I can say without a doubt I LOVE this and will purchase again.
I just used the sponge applicators to apply where they said and Im super impressed. The most impressed Ive ever been with drugstore shadows to date Id say.
My mother even commented that she liked my makeup and wanted to learn how to do it. She has NEVER worn eyeshadow more than maybe 5 times in her life so for her to like it says a lot.
The only thing is the packaging, the clear plastic lid is flimsy and mines already broken, but for $13 AUD I dont really mind.

on 10/31/2010 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was never a fan of Maybelline eyeshadow until I tried this one. This is really nice. Love the color combo, love the color pay off and lasting power, and I love the price. I believe these are dupes for several of MAC eyeshadow for a fraction of the price.

on 10/24/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I definitely now get why people love this quad so much. These are really great neutral colors that everyone should have. The four shades are (from upper left to lower right):

Lid Color: silvery shimmery taupe similar to Mac Satin Taupe but with chunkier shimmers

Crease: shimmery reddish brown/bronze similar to Mac Cut to Fit

Brow: matte creamy, off white similar to Mac Brule

Outer Corner: matte rich chocolate brown similar to Mac Handwritten

Overall, pigmentation is great, easy to blend and decent stay power. All four colors are decent Mac dupes and although you are only getting 4.8g of product whereas if you got four Mac shadows you would have 6g or product, the price difference really offsets that. I got mine for about five bucks so even if I got two of them, that is still less than the price of one Mac shadow. I really recommend this especially if you do not own some basic neutral browns in different textures. If you already have a decent collection of Mac neutrals, this is perhaps unnecessary although it would still be great to travel with.