Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3.4

Water , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Petrolatum , Cyclomethicone , Soybean Glycine Soya Stearols , Isopropyl Isostearate , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-10 Soy Sterol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Diazolidinyl Urea , Ethylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 4/5/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was one of the first moisturizers I used, so many years ago. I used it for quite a while, then switched to the regular SPF version once I learned how important it is to have sun protection. I recently decided I need a basic water-based moisturizers to use with my more "dewy" or "radiant" foundations to prevent them from looking shiny as fast and to improve lasting power. I made the mistake of trying Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream first without reading the ingredient label and didn't see that it has a high alcohol content. It actually didn't dry my skin out but it did end up causing irritation. Why in the world would a company put such a DRYING, irritating ingredient in a *face moisturizer*?! Anyway, so I decided to give this another shot. It's a really great moisturizer! Some have said it's a bit watery, which I suppose the consistency of it kind of is, but to me it feels like it applies fairly thickly. It can give the feel and look of being a little greasy if you don't let it properly absorb into the skin before applying foundation or powder. If I let it do that though, it gives me a more matte look while keeping me moisturized. Due to my Garnier fiasco my skin was really itchy. After using this, it feels very soothed and the itchies are nearly gone! One downside is that it doesn't contain SPF, but I will only use it on days when I know I won't be outside, or I won't be going out much at all. Also if I do make the mistake of getting this to close to my eyes, it burns the eff out of them. It's a little alarming that a product for sensitive skin would burn the eyes so bad, but really, no moisturzier - no matter how "gentle" and/or "natural" it is - is meant to get into the eyes. I've never seen a product label say, "If product gets into eyes, don't worry about it. You're fine." It doesn't burn or irritate my skin in any way, so I figure that's good enough. I will repurchase!

on 4/1/2012 8:13:00 AM

I have combination oily skin. That is sensitive. I break out at least 1-2 times a week. I have medium sized pores on my nose. I am drier in the winter. My only issue with this moisturiser is that it doesn't have SPF in it. Other than that, it's great. It's inexpensive, so if I'm strapped for my cash it's my go to.

on 3/25/2012 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm very surprised to see so many negative reviews on this product. I find it to be very mild, gentle, and simple on my skin. I've used many drugstore, mid-end, and high-end skincare products, but I find myself coming back to this time and time again. Whenever my skin feels stressed out, or over worked, I turn back to a simple regimen of cleansing with a mild cleanser, toning, and using this moisturizer. It works well for me. I have dry/combination skin, and I would consider it to be fairly sensitive. I am definitely a big fan of this product. No complaints here.

on 3/24/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this, and I keep going back to it because it is the only moisturizer I've tried that doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out. I find that I do need to use more than the one pump recommended on the label to fully moisturize my skin. I go through a bottle pretty quickly.
I find that sometimes it leaves my t-zone a little shiny when using this in the morning, and I have been tempted to try out the combination skin moisturizer. However, I have had such great results with this that I don't want to risk breaking out again. I will probably continue to go for this moisturizer for a long time!

I got this stuff about a month ago, and it's just an okay moisturizer. Nothing special, but it's really all I need to keep my skin hydrated yet non-greasy. If you have super dry skin it probably won't do much for you. I probably won't repurchase if I find something better.

on 3/8/2012 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i've been re-purchacing this moisturiser for about 3 years now so obviously i absolutely love it! I have dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders.
i use it every morning before i apply my foundation and every night before i go to bed, has a pump so you can use how much or how little you want, i love this moisturiser so much i don't really see the point in trying a new one
wouldn't reccommend this for someone with more oily skin as it does have quite a greasy texture

on 3/6/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

According to my dermatologist, this was on the list of products that I could use for my dermatitis. Since basically all of the other ones that I have tried off the list were good to my skin I thought I would give it a try as the oil-free *moisture* aspect of it attracted me, and I *thought* it was designed for sensitive skin. Immediately upon application, my skin (cheeks) turned bright right! I scrubbed my face twice to get this stuff off (just in case haha), and my face was fine and not red again. I believe that something in this agitated my skin (obviously) so I will be not going near this again. What's interesting is that Neutrogena's SPF 70 lotion did not agitate my skin when I used it last summer, but made it veeeeery oily. So I don't think all of Neutrogena is bad, but this product did not work for my skin. And I did test it on my wrist, and decolletage, and it did not react there, just on my face!

on 3/5/2012 7:15:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim because I thought it being 'oil free' and for sensitive skin it would be a no brainer. I wish I read the reviews, at least I have learnt a lesson. This moisturiser leaves my skin looking shiny and oily looking, it kind of tingles, and feels itchy on my skin which is an indicator that the ingredients aren't good for sensitive skin. As the beauty industry isn't regulated then the companies can say whatever they want on their products, I can only recommend that you do your research and invest in companies that actually do what they claim.

on 2/24/2012 10:04:00 AM

Everything about this product was terrible. The formula was thin and watery, giving me no faith in that it was actually working. I hate that I spent the money on it without reading reviews first. Don't buy it unless you want little white bumps all over your face. Oh yeah. They hurt.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the sensitive skin one because my pores get clogged easily and my skin easily turns red. The pump makes it hygienic, however, that is the only good part for me. It looks greasy on my face, so I cannot wear it during the day and it practically does nothing for me so it doesn't make sense to wear it at night. I guess it's just me, but I wouldn't buy this again.