Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 %, C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE [ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 3/27/2013 7:33:00 AM

I bought this product yesterday at the Dior counter. I was actually choosing between this and the Lip Maximizer. I often have chapped lips which is why the SA recommended the lip maximizer; however, since it's summer, I felt that the lip maximizer might make my lips feel heavy because of its glossy consistency.

I tried on Dior Lip Glow and it gave my lips a pinkish tone (more of a bluish pink undertone). Being Asian, I have a golden-yellowish skintone so I was a little apprehensive about the pink color on my lips. The colour becomes a brighter pink the more swipes you put on your lips. For me, the colour doesn't look entirely unnatural and I suppose it is a welcome change to the usual coral lipstick tones I use. Plus, Lip Glow isn't weighty on the lips which is a plus.

Another reason why I bought this is because the SA mentioned that it could (possibly) improve the colour of my lips. The outline of my lips are slightly darker which is something I tend to correct using lipliners. This got me curious as to the effectivity of Lip Glow in helping improve my natural lip colour. Although to a certain extent, I expect this to be temporary only when I have the product on.

As for my chapped lips, I wouldn't say that Lip Glow is a very effective lip moisturizer. Sometimes, my lips do feel chapped even if I use Lip Glow so I wear lip balm underneath. I'll keep on using this for 2 weeks and see if it improves.

The packaging is a major plus for me...it looks like a dream! Baby pink and translucent, it reminds me of Little Twin Stars stuff from Sanrio :) I wonder if Dior could release a "sparkly" version with little sparkles on the lip balm and the casing. That would be awesome. :)

The price is pretty steep... I paid the equivalent of $40 for this. However, considering all the unusued lipsticks and glosses this of course is a lot cheaper if I end up using this a lot. If I can manage to make one tube last for 2-3 months, it might be worth it.

on 3/18/2013 9:57:00 AM

I love this, it gives my lips such a nice, yet natural pink color. And it is so plumping. I love the package too. The only con is the price. Is really expensive. I will repurchase this though

on 2/25/2013 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was enormously lucky and could get this for half price at a sale. It's a good thing, because there is NO WAY I would spend the money to buy it at full price even now that I have tried it. I think it's a lot of hype, and you are paying for the gorgeous packaging and the name. It's true, it is very beautiful, but I'm more interested in the content than the packaging. It's not a bad lip balm, it tastes, smells and feels like Labello, however (in my opinion), and Labello is just a couple of euros and I don't even like it. So for me not the most hydrating. It does leave a beautiful colour on the lips, I've never had a lipstick that gives the same colour, in fact, it actually gives me TWO colours, a more intense colour with a lovely pink heart. It actually makes it look like I went to the trouble of layering on 2 lip products in different shades and blended them. Even so, I don't think the look or the shade justify the price. I have much better, moisturizing balms. And I could get a similar colour by using any MLBB lipstick and a pink gloss on top. A bit more hassle? Maybe. But at a fraction of the price. (But I would still repurchase this product if it cost a tenth of what it actually does. But I wouldn't be willing to spend any more on that.)

on 2/20/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lip balm is fantastic! It hydrates and moisturizes while giving your lips a very soft and delicate pink glow. I have an olive undertone and the colour of this balm is very natural and complementary to my skin tone. I actually received this as a part of a Dior gift set from my mom so i'm lucky I didn't have to spend an arm and a leg on this product (the pricetag is the only con I can think of) But I can honestly say that I'll definitely be purchasing this again when I run out. 5 stars!

on 2/19/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite lip balm in the world! I am never without this in my purse. It hydrates and adds a little color (pink on me) and doesn't emphasize any flakes or dryness on my lips. It is a little pricy but completely worth it to me because I actually use it regularly unlike all the other abandoned lip balms in my drawers.

on 2/13/2013 9:56:00 PM

There just nothing bad to say about this lip balm! It moisturizes, adds color, lasts a decent amount of time and has nice packaging. A definite re-purchase ^ ^

on 2/4/2013 7:37:00 AM

I own no lipsticks, only this Lip Glow. It's the only thing I need since it moisturizes like no other lipstick I know and adds a hint of colour to my lips. I must have gone through at least 10 Lip Glows in the last few years. This is the one product that I will keep repurchasing.

on 1/11/2013 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this balm. It is a little pricey but feels so good on my lips!! It gives just the right amount of color and is so moisturizing. This is in my purse at all times.

on 1/8/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this balm! It gave my lips a delicate pink glow, just perfect. It glides on like butter with a lovely vanilla/mint scent. I get a lot of mileage out of each application. This balm is just a pure pleasure to use. I will absolutely buy this again even with the hefty price tag.

on 12/22/2012 4:16:00 PM

Love this!! I was curious about this product for a long time before I took the plunge and spent $30 on LIP BALM. It was totally worth it. This is the perfect item for people who don't like to wear a lot of makeup but still want to look pulled-together. If you're a "bit of mascara/bit of concealer/bit of lippie" type of gal, you'll probably love this too.
From a cosmetic standpoint, it adds a cute berry-pink sheen to my lips, but not too glossy or makeup-y. Just the look I was hoping to achieve. And from a lip treatment standpoint it works extremely well also. Very moisturizing and long-lasting with a pleasant feel. And the packaging is adorable too. I use this almost every day now, it's a go-to product for me. I'll repurchase when my current one runs out for sure.

Popular Lip Treatments