Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 7/20/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG mascara. Stays forever, doesn't clump, and adds tons of length and volume. I have relatively long eyelashes, but this stuff literally makes my lashes hit my eyebrows. I'm not exaggerating. I love it!

on 7/19/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

At the moment, this is my favorite mascara. :) I just really like Maybelline mascaras in general. I have repurchased this consistently because it does stuff for my lashes that it doesn't even claim to do! It claims to give 8x the volume, but for me, I feel like it also lengthens my eyelashes. Out of all the Maybelline mascaras, I have used this the longest, which is kind of surprising to me because I always love trying out new mascaras, as I'm sure many people do.

Pros for Colossal:
-Volume
-Length
-Darkens well, good pigment
-False lash effect on my Asian lashes

Cons:
-Dries out kind of quickly
-Can clump if applied in a rush

My application process also has a bit to do with why it works so well on me. I like to apply E.L.F.'s clear lash gloss on my eyes, then wait for it to dry. Then I curl and that in itself helps me keep the curl all day, stiffens my lashes a little for easier application, and defines. Then I apply coats of mascara, waiting a couple minutes in between coats, and on days when I have enough time (because I'm always rushing haha) my lashes look really nice! :) In conclusion, this has been a staple in my makeup collection and I don't know when I'll be trying a new mascara, but I think it'll take a while. :)

on 7/1/2012 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Where has this mascara been all my life?! Oh right, the same place I've been shopping all my life.. What a great mascara! All I have ever really been using for the past 3-4 years were L'Oreal mascaras and they definitely do a great job.. BUT, I get the same look with one coat of the Colossal as I do with 2-3 coats of the other brand.
----------------
This mascara has the perfect formula, literally. It's not too wet and it doesn't dry out right away. The formula holds my curls decently and it makes my lashes look so thick and dark without looking too "fake".
----------------
The brush is wonderful - it separates my lashes so perfectly and doesn't cause clumping. It's also very ergonomic!
----------------
I wont be going back to L'Oreal's mascaras - Maybelline has done a great job! No wonder this mascara is so popular.

So I was watching a video and they recommended this mascara and they said it was good, so I went to Wallgreens and bought it. Problem is? It lengthens my lashes, sure, but it is quite flaky and clumpy, although the advertisement said there were no clumps. Also, even though it it waterproof, the waterproofing on this mascara doesn't really work well. If I step into the shower while wearing this mascara, it still smudges and leaves hideous black marks under my eyes because of the water. This is an okay mascara, not the best, though. It's kinda mediocre and a bit bad.

I bought this due to a whole lot of people really liking it and I must tell you it worked for me!! I have thin blonde lashes that need extra color and volume and this really did the trick! Although it did come off a little in the water but it wasn't much. But if you're looking for a mascara that will give your lashes a volumized but natural looking look then this is for you!!

on 6/21/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very disappointing - it clumped & flaked, but at least it was cheap and waterproof. I don't recommend it.

on 6/21/2012 2:40:00 PM

It's easier to do several mascara reviews at once since I purchased them at the same time and tested them at the same time :)

- I have typical thin, black, short and pointing down asian eyelashes.. I've been looking for a mascara that will lengthen AND hold my curled lashes..

Maybeline Volume Express The Colossal Waterproof:
Best out of the 3 I have here, holds curled lashes slightly, lengthens up to 50% longer. Doesn't thicken my lashes a lot though.

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama:
Lengthens my lashes a lot, tiny tiny bit longer than the Colossal Waterproof above, does not hold my curls at all. Thickens my lashes a bit more than the Colossal.

Boots 17 Wild Curls Waterproof Mascara:
Had high expections for this mascara, doesn't hold curled lashes at all, can see them drooping back down into original position immediately after applying. Lengthens a lot, up to 50%. Thickens lashes more than The Falsies Black Drama. Overall, just like your typical mascara - in my opinion.

on 6/6/2012 10:43:00 AM

Good volume, lengthening and great separation, hold curls all day.

Dramatic, yet not as thick and bold as the falsies version.

I use this for day, and the falsies version for a night look.

on 6/4/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I purchased this product for a vacation, soI used it every day for an entire month (I usually go back and fourth between a few mascaras). For the price, I think this is a great mascara. It does a good job of volumizing and separating, and will not clump as badly as most waterproof mascaras do. There was the ocasional day where I had to run a lash comb through my lashes to get rid of a bit of clumping, but I am probably just paranoid about that particular issue. I would definitely recommend this product if you want a lot of volume and even good lengthening

on 6/2/2012 5:14:00 PM

I love this mascara! It's fairly good, long lasting, it separates lashes pretty well, and it's quite affordable. I don't like to apply more than one coat since my lashes are pretty big, and I don't want them to loose their strength (that's why you should avoid using mascara whenever possible). The only thing I don't like about it is that, like any other waterproof mascara, it can't be easily removed. But other than that, it's a really great product, and I'm planning on repurchasing it!
x