October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by yisha

Great product! Hold curls, volumizes, doesn't clump or smudge.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by raspo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed a new waterproof mascara, and for some reason this Boots didn't stock the One to One waterproof I normally buy, and I figured the formula would be similar (the one to one is very waterproof, and that's what I was looking for). However, the waterproof qualities of this mascara are appalling. Within a couple of hours I had the dreaded raccoon eyes, and I wasn't crying, it wasn't raining, etc. Just normal wear, and it didn't even look particularly good (no curl hold, no volume). I don't write loads of reviews, but I had to warn people off this allegedly waterproof formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by fashion13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really good. it is VERY waterproof, the container is cute too. the only thing is that it is a little clumpy so just wipe it off on a tissue before using!! overall i love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

***I have short, sparse, hard to curl Asian lashes.***

At first this was love. My lashes were beautifully curled, black and long... but this smudged even with UDPP. I prefer this to Maybelline Falsies waterproof because it's a drier formula which means less random globs of mascara on my lashes.

Waterproof mascara is all I wear so I considered this to be an easy removal. I use baby oil and massage it in. Takes less than 2 minutes to get it all off. I use a q-tip to get the bits at the lash roots.

Cheap price, easy removal. Brush was annoyingly big but I could have dealt with it! The formula was nice and dry. I got good separation and length. I don't care about volume.

...But it smudged! So I guess this is good-bye.

PS To be fair, only loreal beauty tubes has stayed on me. I get smudges from all other mascaras

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by schwabj

I like this mascara, since it is waterproof, makes my lashes dark, separates, doesn't clump, and gives good length & volume. It can be difficult to remove, but I just use Neutrogena or Clinique eye-makeup remover with no problems. I will not repurchase, however, because I find that my upper lashes smudge on my brow bone. I have fairly long lashes, but I don't have this problem with most other waterproof mascaras or even decent non-waterproof ones! I like this mascara, but the smudging problem prevents me from loving it. I'll finish this tube up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MakeupSami

If you want waterproof, waterproof you WILL get! It's definitely a job trying to get this bad boy off your lashes, but I guess that's where finding a good make-up remover will come in handy. I use the regular Volum' Express The Colossal mascara on a day-to-day basis, which does the perfect amount of lengthening and volumizing. I also like to add a small amount of the waterproof over that just to prevent flaking and such throughout a long day. With this, it's in your control whether you want dramatic or subtle lashes - both are easily achievable with this! If you're in the market for a cheap and AMAZING waterproof mascara, look no further!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good drugstore mascara. Definitely is the best for separating lashes (looks great and natural up close!) unless you put too much on- then it's a mess and gets very sticky and clumpy on your lashes. Wish it did more to make lashes seem a bit thicker though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the packaging, the bright yellow is why I initially bought it. The mascara does what it advertises, it really kicks up the curve to my lashes. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by CrystalMax30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give Mabelline Volume Express high marks for it's lengthening properties; however, since it's waterproof it's difficult to remove !. . .I prefer the non-waterproof version.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by fallback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay for me. I have really short Asian lashes. It didn't give me much length, but definately a lot of volume. Depending on how old it is and how you apply it, it will clump.