April 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 10:22:00 AM More reviews by badonkadonk22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isnt the best..but I do like this. Ive hit pan on it..took me about a month. The coverage is really nice..blends well, isnt cakey..I have mine in "Buff Beige". Im not really sure if I would buy again..I might..but if I find something better, then no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

NC45 DDD/GGG

I'm a MAC girl but their powders and foundations break me out. Although this doesn't absorb oil all the well, I like it because it doesn't oxidize and turn orange on my skin. I use it alone or as setting powder. Tawny(665) is my color of choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bleck. Looks horrible on my face, turns shiney soon after application and made my face break out. Whenever I wore it, I'd wash my face and have a new batch of pimples. And why is this classified as a cream foundation when it's clearly a powdered foundation?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by fme143

This is a decent drugstore powder foundation... IF you can find the right color! The shade names are really deceptive, this particular product's shades run really dark. I am Buff Beige or Classic Beige in CG Trublend powder foundation, but the Buff Beige Fresh Complexion pocket powder was way too dark and orange on me. Even the Creamy Natural (one shade lighter) was too dark. I finally found a decent match in Classic Ivory. Usually anything with the word "Ivory" in it is too light for me, but because this line runs really dark, it matched my skin just fine. Color-matching issues aside, this is a good powder at a good price. The texture is a little gritty but the finish is nice, matte and sheer/natural. It doesn't last that long, but since it is so lightweight, you can touch up without gross buildup or a masky look. I did notice it turned a little orange as the day went on but the coverage is natural enough that you don't end up looking like an Oompa Loompa when it oxidizes. This is a good foundation choice for humid summer days.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2006 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a decent product. I've never tried powder foundation before this, so I can't compare to others. I do like it because it is quick to put on, and doesn't have that oiliness that some liquids do. I did find it to be a bit more drying (which makes sense, considering...), which doesn't help when I have combination skin. I didn't like the shade though - found it was just a tad too rosy for my own yellow-tone skin, although it doesn't really show up when well-blended. It was disappointing as well to not be able to find a shade that matched what I would normally get from CG - Soft Honey, which does match my skin tone exactly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

I will never doubt MUA again. After using Guinot product for years I was tired of paying so much for a little tube. I always had a hard time finding a good foundation or powder because 1) I am ultra sensitive and break out easily and 2) I can never find a good color match 3) it just sits on my skin like a mask. I have not bought anything from CG since highschool (15 years now).

I loved this product. The color matches and doesn't change. Right amount of foundation and powder. I apply with the sponge and brush off extra with a big brush. I even tried this just before a MAJOR PMS skin attack. It saved my life.

I have a Chanel Double Perfection compact that I have used only once sitting in my make up drawer. This was crap! Don't believe that expensive means better - its pure BS!!

The Fresh Complexion did what I prayed the Chanel would do.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by stephsilz

Provides an ok coverage, perfect shade for me, but it makes my face shiny just about 2 hours after application. But I do like the first 2 hours of matte-ness, gives me nice n clean appearance (that's why I'm giving it a 3, I know I'm too generous). Will I buy this product again? Yes if I can't find something better. I do want to try Jurlique Silk Dust to keep me matte tho...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by brynnigirl88

I love this product. It covers the shiny spots that i get during the day very well. plus its a quik and easy way to give your face a little color, rather than applying all the liquid foundation(which i used to use but switched to the compact). anyways, i love it and i definitely will stick with this product for awhile!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gabrielk

Golly Moses, this is a nice powder! I've had this for a few years and initially used it with the included sponge, which imho looks pretty bad, so I stopped using it. In the meantime I've been using CG's loose powder in Translucent Fair, which looks chalky, isn't the right shade for my face, and tends to accentuate the rather large pores in my nose. I rediscovered this little gem a few days ago, and wow! Apply with a big, fluffy brush, and you will be in foundation heaven. Good shade for me (Natural Ivory), looks natural, doesn't accentuate pores--rave! One caveat: if you need quite a bit of coverage, for acne, scars, etc., this probably isn't the best product for you. Also probably more coverage than is needed if you have extremely good skin and like the natural, glowy look. Packaging is kind of chintzy, but what can you do? The included mirror is nice. And for such a cheap price, why not try it?

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Lividity

I remember using this back when I was in high school. I haven't used the product in a long time, not only because the color was waaaayyyy too orange, but the product looked chalky on me.
I know for sure that I wouldn't buy this product again. Ever.