October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by GLAMOURjunki21

okay...the reviewer below needs to chill about this powder..serisly its not that bad. its just okay, theres nothing to wrong about it or to great its just simply a powder with nice color that u have to touch up evry couple of hours i\t looks fine though and if your on a budget this is good stuff but if your really oily then you might need something a little stonger this is really light but the coverage is really nice for a powder and i like the way you apply it with the sponge its easier to clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Midnight_Temptress

Ugh! WHY do I keep bothering with Cover Girl?!? This foundation is just another example of the crap that continues to flow from the factories (where they put in all the junk listed on the back of the package). I hate this stuff- it's pure shit. The color was O.K. (I don't feel like digging through the trash to find out the exact name, but suffice to say it was the palest one they had) but I was shiny again in like, an hour. Worse, the makeup looked all cakey, so you could tell I was wearing makeup. What really ticked me off was the package. First of all, blue is my least favorite color (this is just opinion, though.) What's more, the top piece kept snapping off, and the last time I tried to put it back on, it broke in two. The powder itself got a little crack in it after just a few uses, and broke in half, out of the pan, and into my lap, where it proceeded to get poweder all over my clothes. AnNoYiNg!!! I will never, ever, buy this crap or anything of CoverGirl's again. (See also, my reviews for CG Eye Enhancers and Pressed Powder for more examples of CG suckage. ^__^)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 10:22:00 AM More reviews by badonkadonk22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isnt the best..but I do like this. Ive hit pan on it..took me about a month. The coverage is really nice..blends well, isnt cakey..I have mine in "Buff Beige". Im not really sure if I would buy again..I might..but if I find something better, then no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

NC45 DDD/GGG

I'm a MAC girl but their powders and foundations break me out. Although this doesn't absorb oil all the well, I like it because it doesn't oxidize and turn orange on my skin. I use it alone or as setting powder. Tawny(665) is my color of choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bleck. Looks horrible on my face, turns shiney soon after application and made my face break out. Whenever I wore it, I'd wash my face and have a new batch of pimples. And why is this classified as a cream foundation when it's clearly a powdered foundation?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by fme143

This is a decent drugstore powder foundation... IF you can find the right color! The shade names are really deceptive, this particular product's shades run really dark. I am Buff Beige or Classic Beige in CG Trublend powder foundation, but the Buff Beige Fresh Complexion pocket powder was way too dark and orange on me. Even the Creamy Natural (one shade lighter) was too dark. I finally found a decent match in Classic Ivory. Usually anything with the word "Ivory" in it is too light for me, but because this line runs really dark, it matched my skin just fine. Color-matching issues aside, this is a good powder at a good price. The texture is a little gritty but the finish is nice, matte and sheer/natural. It doesn't last that long, but since it is so lightweight, you can touch up without gross buildup or a masky look. I did notice it turned a little orange as the day went on but the coverage is natural enough that you don't end up looking like an Oompa Loompa when it oxidizes. This is a good foundation choice for humid summer days.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2006 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Jadedkrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a decent product. I've never tried powder foundation before this, so I can't compare to others. I do like it because it is quick to put on, and doesn't have that oiliness that some liquids do. I did find it to be a bit more drying (which makes sense, considering...), which doesn't help when I have combination skin. I didn't like the shade though - found it was just a tad too rosy for my own yellow-tone skin, although it doesn't really show up when well-blended. It was disappointing as well to not be able to find a shade that matched what I would normally get from CG - Soft Honey, which does match my skin tone exactly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

I will never doubt MUA again. After using Guinot product for years I was tired of paying so much for a little tube. I always had a hard time finding a good foundation or powder because 1) I am ultra sensitive and break out easily and 2) I can never find a good color match 3) it just sits on my skin like a mask. I have not bought anything from CG since highschool (15 years now).

I loved this product. The color matches and doesn't change. Right amount of foundation and powder. I apply with the sponge and brush off extra with a big brush. I even tried this just before a MAJOR PMS skin attack. It saved my life.

I have a Chanel Double Perfection compact that I have used only once sitting in my make up drawer. This was crap! Don't believe that expensive means better - its pure BS!!

The Fresh Complexion did what I prayed the Chanel would do.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by stephsilz

Provides an ok coverage, perfect shade for me, but it makes my face shiny just about 2 hours after application. But I do like the first 2 hours of matte-ness, gives me nice n clean appearance (that's why I'm giving it a 3, I know I'm too generous). Will I buy this product again? Yes if I can't find something better. I do want to try Jurlique Silk Dust to keep me matte tho...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by brynnigirl88

I love this product. It covers the shiny spots that i get during the day very well. plus its a quik and easy way to give your face a little color, rather than applying all the liquid foundation(which i used to use but switched to the compact). anyways, i love it and i definitely will stick with this product for awhile!