Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

I really liked this BB creme, I am sad that I have used up my entire bottle (which lasted a long time). It had great moisturising properties, applied smoothly & had a nice thick texture. I felt it protected my skin during the entire day quite well. It definitely sped up healing of any blemishes and dry patches. The colour out of the tube had a classic greyish tone, which changes upon application to the skin. It imparts a dewy finish, though not greasy. Highly recommend for a thick, veritable BB creme.

on 2/16/2013 1:47:00 AM

This BB cream is one of the best I've ever tried. I have combination skin that has mild break outs around the T zone. This BB cream is medium-full coverage and you can build it as a concealer. I apply it with my fingers, but you can also apply it with a makeup brush or damp sponge. One layer does the trick and you really only need a small amount! A bit goes a very long way with this product. The colour is a neutral to cool tone (I have warm to neutral skin tone but this still works on me). The finish is dewey so if you like a matte BB cream, don't choose this one. It is moisturizing but not oily. This BB cream has never broken me out and it doesn't look cakey. Like most BB creams on combination skin, it will not last all day (not a 24 hr cream if this is what you're looking for), but it does last me through most of the day. I think you can set this BB cream with a powder halfway through the day to make it last. I love the packaging: the pump system is sanitary and super convenient; also allows you to get everything from the bottle. The price is about average for good Asian BB creams (~$30 to $35). I would definitely repurchase this but I think this one bottle will last me a long time. I like how it has spf for sun protection.

on 2/11/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my 4th Korean BB Cream and my favorite so far because it's worked the best for my skin type which is VERY DRY. Keep in mind that this is not a replacement for moisturizer, even though there are hydrating properties. Korean skincare, even for oily skin, has a like three moisturizers in a set and they're all used together on a daily basis. BB creams were not designed to replace moisturizer.

I made the switch permanently to BB creams about 5 years ago because my skin just does not get along with most base makeup. I just don't produce enough oils throughout the day for makeup to "take". Most of the BB creams I've tried actually work with my skin, so it doesn't look like I have mask of color sitting on top.

That being said, this BB Cream has been the best at leaving natural, dewy finish. My skin looks plump, as if I'd just stepped out of the shower. I also have very sensitive skin that starts to sting immediately if a product irritates it. This product does not and feels great when applying, like a moisturizer. It's thicker than a tinted moisturizer or lotion, but not a heavy cream. It also has SPF, which I use as my daily sunscreen because when I've applied sunscreens separately, they tend to dry out my skin over the course of the day.

This BB cream provides medium coverage and brightens without leaving a white cast. Usually about half a pump is plenty to cover my face. For serious acne scars, I do need to go over with a separate concealer. I also recommend using a separate under eye corrector as the BB cream alone will not be enough to hide obvious dark circles.

I don't know my MAC #, but I have also tried Missha's Perfect Cover in #21 and both of these BB creams matched my skin tone perfectly, in both undertones and shade. Compared to the Missha one, Skin79 Gold leaves a dewier finish and often, the MIssha one would settle into the the sides of my nose and this one doesn't.

While I do like that there is a pump, I wish I could see when I'm running out of product. That'd be my only complaint, but as far as product performance goes, it's perfect for me.

on 2/11/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Before I purchased this product, I did as much research as I possibly could. After using this product for almost a year now, I can say that it does not work so well on my skin. I have combination skin, more dry than oily. I have used this product in the summer and it would feel like it's melting off my face. After 2 hours tops, it would start to disappear off my skin. I have used it alone without setting it with powder and with powder. Both ways does not keep this product on my face. It also feels like it tightens my skin but the sensation feels very uncomfortable. I have used it in the winter too and it doesn't melt but the tightening sensation is uncomfortable and the product still disappears after 2 hours. Eventually I bought the pink bottle of this same brand too. Both don't work well for me. I wouldn't recommend this product unless you can get a sample to try first. I am still looking for a BB cream that would work for my skin.

on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 PM

I did quite a bit of researching before purchasing this product. I am absolutely in love with it. The product is extremely affordable! Though I wish the packaging was a little different. If I were to put it in my makeup bag I would be afraid it would accidentally spill since there is no LOCK for the bottle. For a BB cream it is light coverage but of course build-able. Since I did purchase this during winter, I won't be using it much until summer comes around. I would use it during summer because of how light-weight it is. Overall I recommend to anyone who doesn't mind the dewy look. That's what I aim for in a BBcream/foundation--dewy!

on 2/8/2013 8:52:00 PM

This is one of the first beauty products I ever ran out of and took apart to get the last little bits. This is the first BB cream I have used and I have to say I am hooked. I have used several tinted moisturizers, PF Healthy Wear and Sonia Kashuk, & Paula's Choice Matte were some of my favorites. The Healthy Wear was my favorite due to the higher SPF but it just never was a great color match. I love the Skin79 because it adjusts better to my skin tone. I just add a dusting of Lucy Mineral's OCC powder and I am good to go with great looking skin.

After running out of this I decided to give the Pink label a try. From what I can see is that the Gold label seems to have more coverage and is thicker. I didn't need a whole lot to cover my face. The Pink is just a little sheerer but I use a little more so I feel I am getting just a little bit more moisture. For me, I think Pink is perfect for summer and Gold is better suited for winter.

I also found out that if you push the nozzle that dispenses the product up, it removes the inner canister and the lid can pop off. That's how I got about another week out of an empty container. You can also see how much is left. continued >>

on 2/6/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was the third or fourth Korean BB cream I've tried and between this and my Missha Perfect Cover, I'm set. It's creamy, hydrating and the coverage is medium, I'd say. I can see why this is one of the most popular BB creams. It's lightened my acne scars and I don't need to use anywhere near as much concealer as what I would usually. The colour oxidises to a natural shade on me, I'm roughly NC20. I'd rate the longevity approximately 6-8 hours, I prime and moisturise first. It works really well for me and I'd strongly recommend it.

on 2/4/2013 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I did quite abit of research before buying this cream. Although it pumps out grey it oxidises to a perfect colour match. I find this cream really soothing. It contains arbutin and it has lightened my complexion over a couple of weeks so I can't use it daily now as I've already had to buy a lighter foundation. I use it as a moisturizer when I'm at home and I'm almost finished with my second buy. I'll definitely buy again. I recommended this to a few friends, all with different skin types and they all like it and have repurchased. Excellent packaging.
Update 13 May 2013: I've purchased this product for the third or fourth time, I forget. It calms and soothes my skin when I feel it's dry or irritated. Doesn't sink into lines around the eyes. The more I use it the more I love it. I do not need to use powder with this product. Stays fresh and in place for the whole day in hot and humid weather. I don't need to touch up at all.
12 July 2013: I hardly use my Lancome or Healthy Mix foundation. I'm always reaching for this bb cream. It has lightened pigmentation and I love how my naked skin feels and looks after cleansing it off, this bb is nourishing and brightening my skin. I bumped into two friends I recommended this bb to, both dark brown complexion, one HAD acne problems so used Hot Pink, and they both look amazing, gorgeous skin yayyy!

Some of the YouTube "gurus" say bb creams are just tinted moisturizers. They just haven't tried this brand yet or the other famous Korean BBs

on 1/29/2013 4:51:00 AM

I LOVE this product! It's my go-to BB cream, and I use everyday in place of foundation. It starts out a little bit grey but it oxidizes to match my skin tone perfectly (I'm an Asian NC25). The coverage is somewhat sheer; if you want full coverage then this product is not for you. But if you are fine with about 75% coverage, then this is great--it gives a dewy glow and does not look or feel heavy on the skin. Just be careful when buying, though--make sure it's authentic first.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Edit: I find that this works best for me in the winters as that's when I'm lightest. It's too light for me during the summers for NC35, as the oxidization seems longer when I'm darker... how odd.

I'm a NC30-35. I was wary on buying this because many have said that this works best with those NC20-25, and being NC30 or darker will be "pushing" it. However, I found that once it oxidized it was fine. It took about 15 minutes to seem to oxidize to my color.

The grey cast works well on neutralizing the yellow and red undertones of my skin! I love this, as I've had a problem with a red face all my life and it can get embarrassing when people say I'm red as a tomato for just laughing a bit.

Coverage is great. It does not look like you have something caked on your face and it looks VERY natural, yet it conceals your pores and little flaws. Light coverage, but very buildable. I use extra bb cream and concealer in areas that need additional concealing.

Other benefits, such as SPF, has gotten me loving this as well.

The only con I can see about this product is the fact that this is NOT made for dry/combination skin. I read on the official website chart that the Gold fits dry/combo skin... it does NOT. I must moisturize thoroughly before putting it on as it isn't as moisturizing as it claims to be. I also feel my skin getting tight and it feels dry after applying this product on. Unlike other reviewers, I DO feel like there is something on my face despite the light coverage it gives.

I find that it got pretty oily after 3-4 hours of wear and had to start blotting even with setting powder. Still, I like it overall for the benfits of SPF and its claim to even out skin tone.

I would buy again if I could find it at a decent price in America, but I only use during winters.

The only thing buyers must be wary of is counterfeit products, especially on eBay! The official website might be a little pricey but guarantees authenticity whereas eBay sellers do not. Do research before buying it elsewhere for cheap!