April 19, 2014 | 1902 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, well after going on sephora.com and reading reviews on here and seeing how much everyone loves it, i went and bought it in shade 2, i tried the tan booster also, and the sheer bronzer in brunette, because i was so desparate to like this stuff. then i ended up returning all those and bought the shade 3 in the terracotta. and ive realized its nothing special. first it makes my skin so oily its not even funny, like 10 minutes after i put it on and leave the house my face looks like a disco ball. its not so much the price of it that bothers me, i just dont understand what all the hype is about the guerlain bronzers. honestly the best ones ive tried so far are too faced and bobbi brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by juliebelanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, I thought I would treat myself when I bought this, but NO WAY! It is sooo expensive for what it is! The powder contains shimmers, which I don't really like. Plus, HUGE break out! And i'm not prone to break out at ALL. I have dry skin. But everytime I use this powder, I get tiny little pimples on my cheeks. And the worst part is, I got this in number 3, under the recommandation on the seller, and it is way too dark! I got a medium complexion, and this just look too much.--Kind of orange also, not a beautiful bronze...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cosmojunkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Im soooo embarrassed i actually wore this. NOone toldmei looked like a carrot! I didnt realize how aweful it was till i tried others. now i use chanel. agggg this bronzer is an insult to the guerlain name! oh and i do have olive tanskin already, soo if it turns me orange than anyone with lightskin stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by yaya21

This product is a funny one. I used this, thought I liked it, but ended up returning it for one simple fact, it did not blend well and when my oily skin did as oily skin does, I ended up with splotches of color on my face. This doesn't happen with my now favorite Fusion, exceptional quality and color and its about the same price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband and I had a little extra money this month so we decided to both spurlge on something fun. This was my item. I tried this in #20 and it is very nice but I have found things at the drugstore that are just as good if not better. It is very pigmented and you don't need very much. I apply this with a big fluffy brush and make sure that I tap most of it off or I get way too much. If you have been wanting to try this and don't want to spend this much, try Jane Oil-free bronzer in Sahara. It is the same color, only 4 bucks, and gives the same natural, non-muddy glow. This is nice and I'll use it up but in the future I'll stick with the Jane product and use the extra money to try other great makeup.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a review for N1 I'm not sure how this compares to #1 or if they are infact the same product so with that said..Unless you want a straight up orange face,you really need to use a skunk or fan brush with this.When used lightly it gives believeable color.Was expecting more wow factor though from Guerlain.Just wasn't completely impressed not to mention there's an ingredient in this(don't know what as I don't have the list) that makes my face itch and burn..Elegant casing though as per the usual with Guerlain.You can safely pass this by..there are better bronzers out there

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim in 02 because I couldn't find Laura Mercier in Switzerland. It is a bit too dark for a pasty girl like me to just throw on, but if you get the technique it will do. If you are super white and just want a little "glow", tap your skunk or fan brush on a kleenex before putting this on. I will buy this again as most of my HG bronzers are LE or DC, but day-to-day application is too much drama.

I cannot stress enough that if you are pale, you need to blot your brush on a kleenex first, you only need a smidge of product. For me this is too complicated and so this has gone to a BFFs makeup case. However, if I was NC25-NC30 I would use this over and over again without question.

Update April 2012: Now that they have reformulated the colors, the 01 (not to be confused with 01 blondes) is a perfect match for me. I LOVE the texture and the ease of use- it is the first bronzer I can use a regular bronzer brush on without blotting or tapping, I just swipe and go. If you swore off Guerlain a few years ago because you were pale and felt like an oompa loompa, run do not walk to 01.

I still don't like the packaging which I find cheap for such a HE brand, especially compared to the 4 Seasons packaging which is much more in keeping with the line. If they could put the regular terracotta in the 4 Seasons packaging, this would be the perfect product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by koroios

Is it just me or do cosmetics companies keep "just missing the mark" on bronzers? I keep trying bronzers and I keep getting disappointed. The last bronzer I remember loving was by Calvin Klein years ago (golden brown, perfect shimmer, no orange, loads of compliments on my glowy tan-sigh). Obviously it was discontinued, but I haven't found THE replacement for it. This bronzer is a good quality softly shimmering powder bronzer with no scary glitter pieces but it just goes on slightly orange. I have medium golden skin (lots of yellow undertones) and this just didn't do it for me. I use it every other day willing myself to like it for the price I paid, but I am strongly tempted to give those drugstore bronzers a spin. If you must indulge in this and you are fortunate enough to not get an orange hue from this, use a soft brush to apply sheer layers until you get the depth of color you like. I have #3, maybe I will give #2 a try if it is available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

ORANGE PERIOD.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by maro79

All time favorite bronzer, I use colour number 20. Gives me a beautiful sunkissed natural glow , feels silky, all without the powdery look.