September 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by pachanguera

I think I've been using Terracotta No. 1 since the product was introduced. I know Bill Clinton was president, how's that. Love it, and have repurchased, and have another on its way. One compact lasts quite a long time. I think it's a lovely product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MissGoldie

My mother gave me first Guerlin bronzer when I was 14 and I have been using it faithfully ever since.

I would suggest that you buy their bronzer blush, it makes a big difference!

The colour is beautiful and it gives your face a natural glow. One of my beauty essentials!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lovenliv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite!!! I bought this because of all the hype. Gives you an actual tan!! And it really does last soooooo much longer than any other bronzer i have ever tried. I bought this in number 3. Also, i can actually wear a white shirt with this without it ending up with an orange neck/collar. love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im nc30 and was looking for a nice light bronzer i could use in the day that wouldnt make me look orange or ''over made up''. well even though the SA in selfridges gave me shade #10 (might be also known as #1??) anyway she said it was the lightest one, all it is the lightest ORANGE one!!! Everyone everywhere is always talking about guerlain being THE brand to go to for bronzers but honestly, there are sooo many great bronzers out there that this one really is an insult to guerlain. As i chucked my receipt away ( i was planning on returning it somehow as it was so expensive!!) im stuck with it and so ive been trying to force to make this work for me. Well, i cant do anything about the fact that this truely is a light carrot shade. BUT. If i have my fake tan on (as in proper full st tropez, not the diluted light moisturiser/self tan stuff) it looks ok. also another tip is to not only tap the excess of the brush but also to use a tissue and brush your brush on the tissue first too, then apply. It does then give a nice subtle glow and the orange isnt as noticeable. but honestly save your self all this bother and just buy a decent bronzer! so far i like bb light bronzer, urban decay baked bronzer, nars laguna

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the bronzing powder for brunettes from Guerlain but it's too dark for my complexion. I like this bronzer more. It gives my face a nice finishing touch and it doens't look like I had my face tanned but forgot the rest of my body (that's what the bronzing powder for brunettes does to me). I have it in number 1, the lightest shade and it's dark enough for me. There are some glitters in it but they are not over the top, I could wear this every day to go to work. I like the compact too :)
Tanja

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Orange!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, well after going on sephora.com and reading reviews on here and seeing how much everyone loves it, i went and bought it in shade 2, i tried the tan booster also, and the sheer bronzer in brunette, because i was so desparate to like this stuff. then i ended up returning all those and bought the shade 3 in the terracotta. and ive realized its nothing special. first it makes my skin so oily its not even funny, like 10 minutes after i put it on and leave the house my face looks like a disco ball. its not so much the price of it that bothers me, i just dont understand what all the hype is about the guerlain bronzers. honestly the best ones ive tried so far are too faced and bobbi brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by juliebelanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, I thought I would treat myself when I bought this, but NO WAY! It is sooo expensive for what it is! The powder contains shimmers, which I don't really like. Plus, HUGE break out! And i'm not prone to break out at ALL. I have dry skin. But everytime I use this powder, I get tiny little pimples on my cheeks. And the worst part is, I got this in number 3, under the recommandation on the seller, and it is way too dark! I got a medium complexion, and this just look too much.--Kind of orange also, not a beautiful bronze...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cosmojunkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Im soooo embarrassed i actually wore this. NOone toldmei looked like a carrot! I didnt realize how aweful it was till i tried others. now i use chanel. agggg this bronzer is an insult to the guerlain name! oh and i do have olive tanskin already, soo if it turns me orange than anyone with lightskin stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by yaya21

This product is a funny one. I used this, thought I liked it, but ended up returning it for one simple fact, it did not blend well and when my oily skin did as oily skin does, I ended up with splotches of color on my face. This doesn't happen with my now favorite Fusion, exceptional quality and color and its about the same price.