November 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by slb74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my - this stuff is fabulous. I have medium/olive skin, and the Terracotta 1 leaves a very fresh, healthy, sunkissed glow. A little pricey, but I feel like it's worth it. I use it with the Terracotta brush, which deposits just the right amount of color. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I have had the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder Long Lasting in No. 2 forever. I hardly ever used it till this week, and I've been using it for two days. The first time I wore it, I looked tan and healthy. The second day I wore it, today, I used a very light selftanner first (Chanel Golden), then moisturizier then the bronzer all over with a big powder brush. Used Chanel 4 Fleurs de Chanel for the eyes, no blush! and a very light lipstick. I went to the Therry Mugler counter to check on a perfume price when the girl behind the counter who has seen me before asked whether I highlighted my hair or what I did. She said I looked fantastic. I said I did nothing but used Guerlain's bronzer and after I wandered off to the Chanel counter, she came up to me and asked me to show her what I used because she wants the look. Let me just say that she is about 20 years younger than me and gorgeous to begin with. She needs no makeup. I told her it was Guerlain and the Chanel girl wasn't happy with me but hey, it's the truth. I also got a guy speaking with an amazing English accent run up to me and give me his card telling me to call him, and another GORGEOUS guy, I mean full full head of salt and pepper hair, stunning smile, fabulous suit, come up to me, ask me what I do, then asked for my phone number. YOWZA. This is a HIT! I wish I had been wearing this all along - maybe I would be married by now!

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by pachanguera

I think I've been using Terracotta No. 1 since the product was introduced. I know Bill Clinton was president, how's that. Love it, and have repurchased, and have another on its way. One compact lasts quite a long time. I think it's a lovely product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MissGoldie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mother gave me first Guerlin bronzer when I was 14 and I have been using it faithfully ever since.

I would suggest that you buy their bronzer blush, it makes a big difference!

The colour is beautiful and it gives your face a natural glow. One of my beauty essentials!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lovenliv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite!!! I bought this because of all the hype. Gives you an actual tan!! And it really does last soooooo much longer than any other bronzer i have ever tried. I bought this in number 3. Also, i can actually wear a white shirt with this without it ending up with an orange neck/collar. love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im nc30 and was looking for a nice light bronzer i could use in the day that wouldnt make me look orange or ''over made up''. well even though the SA in selfridges gave me shade #10 (might be also known as #1??) anyway she said it was the lightest one, all it is the lightest ORANGE one!!! Everyone everywhere is always talking about guerlain being THE brand to go to for bronzers but honestly, there are sooo many great bronzers out there that this one really is an insult to guerlain. As i chucked my receipt away ( i was planning on returning it somehow as it was so expensive!!) im stuck with it and so ive been trying to force to make this work for me. Well, i cant do anything about the fact that this truely is a light carrot shade. BUT. If i have my fake tan on (as in proper full st tropez, not the diluted light moisturiser/self tan stuff) it looks ok. also another tip is to not only tap the excess of the brush but also to use a tissue and brush your brush on the tissue first too, then apply. It does then give a nice subtle glow and the orange isnt as noticeable. but honestly save your self all this bother and just buy a decent bronzer! so far i like bb light bronzer, urban decay baked bronzer, nars laguna

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the bronzing powder for brunettes from Guerlain but it's too dark for my complexion. I like this bronzer more. It gives my face a nice finishing touch and it doens't look like I had my face tanned but forgot the rest of my body (that's what the bronzing powder for brunettes does to me). I have it in number 1, the lightest shade and it's dark enough for me. There are some glitters in it but they are not over the top, I could wear this every day to go to work. I like the compact too :)
Tanja

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Orange!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, well after going on sephora.com and reading reviews on here and seeing how much everyone loves it, i went and bought it in shade 2, i tried the tan booster also, and the sheer bronzer in brunette, because i was so desparate to like this stuff. then i ended up returning all those and bought the shade 3 in the terracotta. and ive realized its nothing special. first it makes my skin so oily its not even funny, like 10 minutes after i put it on and leave the house my face looks like a disco ball. its not so much the price of it that bothers me, i just dont understand what all the hype is about the guerlain bronzers. honestly the best ones ive tried so far are too faced and bobbi brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by juliebelanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, I thought I would treat myself when I bought this, but NO WAY! It is sooo expensive for what it is! The powder contains shimmers, which I don't really like. Plus, HUGE break out! And i'm not prone to break out at ALL. I have dry skin. But everytime I use this powder, I get tiny little pimples on my cheeks. And the worst part is, I got this in number 3, under the recommandation on the seller, and it is way too dark! I got a medium complexion, and this just look too much.--Kind of orange also, not a beautiful bronze...