November 24, 2014 | 2061 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've really tried to like this because I found a great color I'd been looking for, but it's just not for me. It goes on ok, but within a couple of minutes it sinks in and looks awful. I've tried making sure my lips were exfoliated, tried lathering on gloss under and over this, but it still makes my lips look painfully dry. It also doesn't stay in place-- as soon as my lips touch, the color is removed from the area where they meet, leaving me with a line across my lips with no color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by naughtybutnice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

reasonable price, love the color, good staying power, non-flaking but HATE the smell. i got this in iconic iris and it gives my lips the right amount of color+glossy shine, doesn't fade or flake throughout the day and all i have to do is reapply some clear gloss every couple hours but OMG THE SMELL, i absolutely cannot stand it, i have to hold my breath everytime i apply it in the morning so for that i will not re-purchase (i have a very sensitive nose)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I bought this lipstick in Regal Rose for myself and Top Tomato for my sister and we loved it. It was highly pigmented, stayed on all day, barely faded, and it didn't become flaky like other long wearing lipsticks I've tried. It is a matte finish without gloss on top which didn't bother me since I prefer matte.

I was so excited I went to CVS and bought two more, in different colors, and they felt like different lipsticks! The pigmentation was bad, they were sticky, and they dried into my lines.

I still give it 4 lippies because Regal Rose is so pretty and it works for me, even though the others don't really work.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

I got this for a euro at a local store that was getting rid of Revlon. And to tell the truth it wasn't worth more. The colour seems to change on my lips once it dries, it accentuates any dry patches and in general looks like I have paint or plastic on my lips, not a good look. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

I am still on the hunt for a lipstick that will feel wonderful on my lips and last all day long. This is the closest I've found so far. All other all-day wear lipsticks I have tried have torn my lips apart. And the idea of constantly applying a clear "topcoat" sort of defeats the purpose for me.

This lipstick really does last a good eight hours. It fades pretty evenly over that time, but the color stays put and still has some presence after eight hours of talking, drinking, eating, even a workout. It is drying, but it does not tear up my lips. One night of vaseline will moisten them up just fine.

The colors are lovely and true to the clear packaging. I got Premium Pink, and it is particularly lovely when my fair skin is a bit tanned. I learned a little bit goes a very long way. Apply with a light hand and let dry. It really will last like crazy. I do find a little gloss or balm applied later on. . . once will do. . . helps prevent the dryness. It does have a "tacky" feel even when dry, but it's only noticeable for me if I intentionally "moosh" my lips together. I have a feeling there will never be a perfect, moisturizing, long-wearing color that feels like silk on your lips. This is not it. But overall, this is a great product if you want fuss-proof, reliable color that will not torture your lips.

*EDIT* I went back and purchased this in "Best Bubbly" as well. LOVE this shade for a neutral, pinky-peach lip on my fair, neutral to cool skin. So lovely. Perfect to pair with a smoky eye. Just enough color for a little presence and polish when I am not in a "pink mood"....

*Last Edit* Picked it up today in Top Notch Tulip. Another winner. Love the colors in this line! And love that I can drink coffee, eat an apple, go through a workout, and still have nice color on my lips. . . .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Yes, it is a little sticky, and I wish there was a better range of colors (isn't that the case with all ds lipsticks, though?). Lasts for hours, and I don't have to worry if I eat while wearing a dark shade (some "long last" lipsticks will wear horribly unevenly and I look like a complete fool after eating while wearing a darker shade). Takes a minute to dry. One of the best long-last lipsticks out there, imo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by daphneannigje

definitely stays on for hours. does make your lips feel really sticky but I don`t mind since I don`t have to re applie every hour. will buy this in more colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Khaillah

I bought this in maximum mocha....

pros: colour stays absolutely true, and lasts, and lasts

cons: i dont mind that it dries to a matte finish (shiny lip-colour has never looked good on me), but, its quite drying. However, its not anything a good balm/ gloss over or under the colour hasnt been able to take care of.

I also bought it in a darker color before, (cant recall the name and dont have it with me), but it does tend to stip and get tacky.....i dont have that problem with the maximum mocha (which is a coppery bronze/reddish shade, not brownish/bronzy as would have been expected).

wont buy again because i'm not big on lip-clour, so i suspect this bottle will last a looooong time, and the only products i repurchase are foundations, moisturizers and powders

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This lip color really lasts and is not nearly as drying as Cover Girl's Outlast product. Unlike Outlast, there is no top coat needed but it does require a little drying time to set.

I find the color selection somewhat limited but I like Bare (although it is much darker than the name implies). The color can be adjusted by blotting before it dries although the instructions usually say not to. The applicator tends to glob but that can be corrected with practice. Since purchasing this, I rarely use any other lip color as I find its results so superior. EDIT: I recently purchased Prized Peach (very pretty, bright, not too dark) and Iconic Iris (a very pigmented cool brownish pink). Both are frosty but not excessively so.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sajasanaa

The color, once worn, is true to how it looks in the tube and the shimmers are very subtle. The color doesn't budge. The product MUST be applied with a lip balm / lip moisturizer. If applied alone, the product feels very sticky and dry on my lips (to a point where my lips glue together). It's best to apply the lip balm / lip moisturizer OVER the product than UNDER.

Details: I bought mine in Nude, which matches the natural color of my lips.

UPDATE: After trying out this for a while now, I find the product very drying on my lips. It eats the lip balm away very quickly and then becomes sticky. However, the color does stay (true to its name).