July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Yes, it is a little sticky, and I wish there was a better range of colors (isn't that the case with all ds lipsticks, though?). Lasts for hours, and I don't have to worry if I eat while wearing a dark shade (some "long last" lipsticks will wear horribly unevenly and I look like a complete fool after eating while wearing a darker shade). Takes a minute to dry. One of the best long-last lipsticks out there, imo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by daphneannigje

definitely stays on for hours. does make your lips feel really sticky but I don`t mind since I don`t have to re applie every hour. will buy this in more colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Khaillah

I bought this in maximum mocha....

pros: colour stays absolutely true, and lasts, and lasts

cons: i dont mind that it dries to a matte finish (shiny lip-colour has never looked good on me), but, its quite drying. However, its not anything a good balm/ gloss over or under the colour hasnt been able to take care of.

I also bought it in a darker color before, (cant recall the name and dont have it with me), but it does tend to stip and get tacky.....i dont have that problem with the maximum mocha (which is a coppery bronze/reddish shade, not brownish/bronzy as would have been expected).

wont buy again because i'm not big on lip-clour, so i suspect this bottle will last a looooong time, and the only products i repurchase are foundations, moisturizers and powders

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This lip color really lasts and is not nearly as drying as Cover Girl's Outlast product. Unlike Outlast, there is no top coat needed but it does require a little drying time to set.

I find the color selection somewhat limited but I like Bare (although it is much darker than the name implies). The color can be adjusted by blotting before it dries although the instructions usually say not to. The applicator tends to glob but that can be corrected with practice. Since purchasing this, I rarely use any other lip color as I find its results so superior. EDIT: I recently purchased Prized Peach (very pretty, bright, not too dark) and Iconic Iris (a very pigmented cool brownish pink). Both are frosty but not excessively so.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sajasanaa

The color, once worn, is true to how it looks in the tube and the shimmers are very subtle. The color doesn't budge. The product MUST be applied with a lip balm / lip moisturizer. If applied alone, the product feels very sticky and dry on my lips (to a point where my lips glue together). It's best to apply the lip balm / lip moisturizer OVER the product than UNDER.

Details: I bought mine in Nude, which matches the natural color of my lips.

UPDATE: After trying out this for a while now, I find the product very drying on my lips. It eats the lip balm away very quickly and then becomes sticky. However, the color does stay (true to its name).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I bought this in Premium Pink today because they were $4.99 at Rite Aid. I applied it in the car. When you first apply it, it's like a nice, shiny lip gloss. About 30 seconds later, it dries to a boring, flat matte finish. It never fully dried, and felt sticky several hours later. The color, however, was pretty. A vibrant hot pink, just like I was looking for.

Several hours later, I went to get in the shower. I applied extra soap to my lips and scrubbed at them to get the lipstick off. When I got out of the shower, it looked as fresh as if I had just applied it. So I broke out my makeup remover and attempted to scrub it off with that and a washcloth. That lipstick does. not. budge.

So overall, I hated it and I won't repurchase it because it feels so sticky and dries really flat. The two lippies I gave it are just because it does what it's supposed to do: put color on your lips and least freaking forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like this product for its long lasting power. The formulation is excellent, the pigmentation is really good so you can put it on a little thinner for a sheer look or more thickly or a really nice opaque finish. Goes on really smoothly. A few minutes after application, its "dried" but leaves feels feeling a bit sticky. Definately dries out lips but I find if i apply polysporin the at night after i have used it, my lips stay hydrated enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely not what I was expecting from revlon colorstay. normally, i love or at least can tolerate colorstay products and i applaud revlon for their great quality. this, however, is one of their most disappointing products. i love regular soft and smooth colorstay lipsticks, esp in fabulous fig, so i was dying to try this. when you first put it on, it's nice and light and shinny like a gloss, but then it begins to dry down and becomes matte and flat and boring. worst of all, it never really dries and remains tacky and flaky and cracks and just doesn't look good on its own. i have tried to salvage by making sure my lips are really moisturized, putting on a very thin layer, and putting a nice sticky gloss over it (one of the VS ones). for now, this looks moderately acceptable, but i have a feeling the lipstick may start to crack under the gloss. too bad. there's definitely better out there. revlon should have included a gloss or topcoat with this for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Hellraisinette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited when I saw these at CVS for B1G1 free! Now I know why they're trying to get rid of them. They suck. I bought "Top Tomato" and "Iconic Iris". The Colors are great and go on nice and smooth. A few Minutes later however, they totally dried out my Lips and they they kind of stick together, it just feels so icky. I do think that the lighter Shades do look better than the darker ones, plus, the "Top Tomato" rubbed off on my Teeth! Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bubblyblonde8709

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I have top tomato, perfect peony and stellar sunrise (a true coral)! It is opaque and lives up to the hype! For more info. refer to my review on this lipstick in TOP TOMATO!