Lancome Genifique

3.0

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 4/22/2012 10:52:00 PM

I really like this product, but wow what a price! It makes my skin smoother, and overall a better texture. I find my skin looks better and brighter. I think this MAY be giving me a few pimples.. but I'm not sure yet.

Update: May 1/12
I find that this gave me a few pimples around my chin, which left scars that I never had had before :(. It also gave me pimples on my temples. I only use this on my cheeks now, as my cheeks are normal-dry skin. It continues to keep the skin very soft.

on 4/7/2012 6:24:00 AM

I looove this serum. My skin is a lot better after i started using the whole genifique range. I used to have rough dark patches on my cheeks and this serum really evens out my skintone and makes my skin smoother and just a lot brighter!! It did break me out a little bit but i continued using it and now i don't break out and my skin is beautiful.. It is expensive but i think its worth it and i put my good skin down to Lancome genifique.

on 4/7/2012 12:54:00 AM

I've heard a lot of people rave about this product so i decided to research it before actually running out and buying. Every review i saw online was all positive feedback so i went to the Lancome counter and asked if they had the 7 day sample and the lady gave me the 'you can't afford this' look and told me they didn't have any -_- So i just bought it without thinking that it could be a waste of money. After using it for the first week i did see a difference in my face, it looked so much smoother and the tiredness around my eyes disappeared! After that week i broke out on my cheeks so i stopped using it and my pimples started clearing up, but just to make sure it was this product that broke me out i decided to use it again and yep i broke out again but worse than before! I refuse to use this product ever again and i plan on giving the rest to my mum to use.

I bought this few months ago and my cheeks are just starting to heal now.

on 4/3/2012 5:43:00 AM

I had bought the Genifique product on a whim (and afterward bought the Visionnaire product). Initially I did notice some improvement in my skintone and it cleared up some little dry patches I developed around my eyes after having my daughter. I didn't break out as such like some reviewers noted however my cheeks became bumpy (not spotty just bumpy in texture) and I wouldn't say it helped the hormonal breakouts I get on my chin. The bottle looks nice but its rubbish in the fact that you can't get all the product out (I am the kind of girl the will scrape every last bit out of the jar). Really a bit too hit and miss for such an expensive product.

on 3/24/2012 4:34:00 PM

I must agree with the other reviews that state this product makes the skin break out. I only wish there was the Genifique Night creme to review. This was absolutely the WORST night cream I have ever used. I not only broke out, it made the skin under my eyes puffy and swollen. I don't know how that happened since I didn't put it on the skin under my eyes. Horrible horrible. I bought the set: eye serum/cream (red bumps), this serum (nasty breakout) and the night cream. I must be $200 in the hole after all that!

on 3/15/2012 10:57:00 PM

I've never broken out from a facial product. I used this product twice and I developed a huge cyst on my left cheek and small pimples on my face. I actually look like someone hit me in my cheek. It's swollen and filled with fluid. Yikes!

Disappointing. I was so looking forward to trying this product:(

on 3/11/2012 9:31:00 PM

Absolutely fantastic product. This serum is lightweight, not greasy, and DOES correct skin tone. My skin glowed from within. Give it 4 weeks to notice a diffence. I'm hooked.

on 3/11/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the worst serum I have tried. my skin is very dry and this serum seems to make my skin even drier! not recommend and for such high price!

on 3/8/2012 8:08:00 PM

I bought this without doing my research and i REALLY PAID THE PRICE no pun intended! my skin broke out in bumps, my pores clogged and i am more on the oily side and have never had dry skin in my life.. and after using this my skin dried up so bad it started to crack i looked like 42 not 24! so i did some research on this product and discovered there is so much alcohol, fragrance and even essential oils in this product, so much so that it shouldn't be used on your body let alone your face! it destroyed my skins barrier, i never use to be sensitive to anything and now i can't even use my regular products on my skin because they burn my skin so bad ( and these are products ive used forever and never had any issues with ) and after using this serum i can barely use anything on my face! it's been 3 months from using this serum for a few weeks and my skin still isn't the same, i've been using estee lauder's advance night repair concentrate ( because paula the cosmetic cop said it's wonderful ) and i've heard since it's a concentrated version of their advance night repair it repairs more and faster, and they say if you get an awful sunburn or bad burn or anything tramatic happens to your skin this is the best thing to use, so i ran out and got it and have been useing it for two weeks now, because of what lancome did to my skin and its helped a lot and my skin has been healing fast ( thank god!) but it still isn't the same as it was before i tried this awful serum, beware! really read up on lancome, doir and channel skincare products alot are just filled with fragrance, alcohol and even essential oils which really

on 3/6/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this because a dear friend recommended this. This friend however does not have problem skin and is about 20 years older. I am 31,I took good care of my skin, its already baby soft, I don't have wrinkles or crows feet. I scar easily so if I get a scratch or a pimple that I don't leave alone the scar stays awhile. I thought this would be a great anti-aging product and perhaps helps with a few scars left on my face from break outs.....no such luck. It irritated my skin a great deal. I even gave it a break and tried to go back to it. It didn't work. My friend kind of didn't believe me but I told her how I have been reading the reviews on Makeup Alley and it appears I am not the only one.
I question if this product only works for those who did not have a intense skincare regimen already. It did illuminate my face...but also any imperfections I had also. I can get the same illumination when I regularly drink water and take vitamins. Not worth the price....maybe in 20 years.

Popular Treatments (Face)